Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:58   #12646
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Sorry to cross-post but felt it might have better use here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
For giveaway in Pune:

1) Ford EcoSport OE Mirror with manual day/night. This is from the pre-facelift ES ('16 petrol Titanium variant) - unused

2) Pair of OE Osram 60/55W headlight bulbs (yellow) - the stock ones in Ford EcoSport (pre-facelift)

3) Pair LED lights (for cabin / boot lamps I think)

Attachment 2302890
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:02   #12647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
This is how my ecosport sounds after the setup.
Thank for your inputs! I might just go with a speaker upgrade for now. As mentioned earlier, I am not keen on getting an amp as do not want any wires to be spliced.
Old 3rd May 2022, 14:01   #12648

Hello Fellow Ford owners,

My 2021 Ecosport Titanium 1.5 Petrol is nearing her first birthday, and has completed 15K kms in the Odo. Specifically posting this query on this forum because the experience with the vehicle for the patrons here exceeds the facelift.

Has anyone faced underbody rusting issues? My travel includes work trips from Jaisalmer to Amritsar to Mumbai to Udupi, and maybe soon Assam. So the car has seen a wider array of weather, terrain and frequent weather changes too.

Coming to the query, is underbody coatings from 3M, namely 3M™ Body Schutz Rubberized Coating worth the investment? I know experts will say this should've done on the brand new vehicle but owing to financial constraints this wasn't part of the plan then. Would like to add that the car has seen use, but never abuse. Any inputs regarding this would be helpful in making the final decision. Also, suggestions for good 3M centres in Chandigarh would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and regards,
Rishikesh
Old 4th May 2022, 10:44   #12649
BHPian

Hello!

Having read polar opposite experiences regarding Ford service post the companies exit from India, I wanted to ask current Ecosport owners about their experiences or opinions as to how the company is managing its service and availability of spare parts.

I am asking this question since I am wanting to buy off a 2017 Titanium TDCi from one of my old colleagues who has a Seltos on order. The car is in Gurgaon and I hope to drive it back to Hosur post purchasing (should happen sometime in July). Hence, I would like to know the forums view on the following -

1. Availability of spare parts through FNGs
2. Availability & quality of normal services through FASS.

The car has done around 60k kms and I want to keep it for the next 3-5 years where I shall re-start this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...s-parents.html (First new car for a young professional & his parents) thread. I know that the car is well maintained and never been driven harshly, hence I do not expect it to throw anything out of the ordinary service/wear and tear maintenance at me.
Old 4th May 2022, 13:11   #12650
Senior - BHPian

^^ I have had one service experience recently post the exist (50k service) and the experience was great as always. I did not notice any change from my earlier visits, which is a good thing.

I understand Ford has given dealers very good compensation including for lost service revenue which will be paid out over time, so there is an incentive for dealers to provide good service. All dealers have signed an agreement for 5 years, so should not be a problem till 2025/2026.

Service experiences are always dealer dependent, so do get feedback on your local dealer as well. Otherwise the car is great, 2017 means it should have Sync3 as well which is a big deal ! Wish you all the best.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 4th May 2022 at 13:12.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 14:56   #12651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
All dealers have signed an agreement for 5 years, so should not be a problem till 2025/2026.

Service experiences are always dealer dependent, so do get feedback on your local dealer as well. Otherwise the car is great, 2017 means it should have Sync3 as well which is a big deal ! Wish you all the best.
Thanks Tarun, that is re-assuring. I shall find out feedback about the local Ford service center here in Hosur. Coming to the car, its a 2017 but the pre-facelift. (April manufactured) So it doesn't get the sync 1 system either, but an 8.0 inch screen with in-built nav but no android auto/apple carplay.

You can see that here https://www.team-bhp.com/news/2017-f...-minor-updates

Last edited by chaksjr : 4th May 2022 at 14:59.
Old 9th May 2022, 15:33   #12652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi RishikishK,

No engine cover for the BS6 TDCi mill

Mine is Feb2021 manufactured, came without an engine cover. From what I have read and heard the older engine cover also cannot be installed (I may be wrong though).
Hi Pals
Ford Ecosport has engine cover only for 2lit variants.. not on 1.5 gas & diesel
Old 16th May 2022, 11:50   #12653

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Hello!

Having read polar opposite experiences regarding Ford service post the companies exit from India, I wanted to ask current Ecosport owners about their experiences or opinions as to how the company is managing its service and availability of spare parts.

I am asking this question since I am wanting to buy off a 2017 Titanium TDCi from one of my old colleagues who has a Seltos on order. The car is in Gurgaon and I hope to drive it back to Hosur post purchasing (should happen sometime in July). Hence, I would like to know the forums view on the following -

1. Availability of spare parts through FNGs
2. Availability & quality of normal services through FASS.

The car has done around 60k kms and I want to keep it for the next 3-5 years where I shall re-start this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...s-parents.html (First new car for a young professional & his parents) thread. I know that the car is well maintained and never been driven harshly, hence I do not expect it to throw anything out of the ordinary service/wear and tear maintenance at me.
Hi, Aakash ford is the FASS at Hosur, they are known to be ok; fuss free and responsive. Regarding the availability of spares - so far I have not faced any issues/nor I have heard anything about this in whatsapp groups. Also, considering 2017 BS4 model, there is no DPF related issues. If you know the car is maintained well, you can go for it!
Balu krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 16:11   #12654

Hope every other EcoSport is enjoying his Ford.

Current Odo reading : 1,06,000 kms
Registration date : Jan 2018
Last service : 1,00,000 km Feb 2022

Till 90,000 kms, every service was being done in the authorised service centre (Harpreet Ford, Delhi) and I have enjoyed a combined fuel efficiency of 16-18 kpl easily. As Ford exited with Indian market, I decided to go my FNG for the 100k service.

During the service my mechanic asked for the engine oil (whether mineral or synthetic). I asked him for fully synthetic oil as I believed that since the engine had already 100k, fully synthetic should provide the best of lubrication & performance. The mechanic obliged and put 5W-30 grade Total Quartz 8000.

Now, as the car has already run for close to 6,000 kms, I have noticed that the fuel efficiency has dropped to 12-13 kpl.

Any advise? Is the drop due to change in engine oil as I think the oil used by Ford ASS was a semi synthetic one, although the grade is 5w -30 as per service manual.
Old 21st May 2022, 22:49   #12655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes View Post
Hope every other EcoSport is enjoying his Ford.

Current Odo reading : 1,06,000 kms
Registration date : Jan 2018
Last service : 1,00,000 km Feb 2022

Till 90,000 kms, every service was being done in the authorised service centre (Harpreet Ford, Delhi) and I have enjoyed a combined fuel efficiency of 16-18 kpl easily. As Ford exited with Indian market, I decided to go my FNG for the 100k service.

During the service my mechanic asked for the engine oil (whether mineral or synthetic). I asked him for fully synthetic oil as I believed that since the engine had already 100k, fully synthetic should provide the best of lubrication & performance. The mechanic obliged and put 5W-30 grade Total Quartz 8000.

Now, as the car has already run for close to 6,000 kms, I have noticed that the fuel efficiency has dropped to 12-13 kpl.

Any advise? Is the drop due to change in engine oil as I think the oil used by Ford ASS was a semi synthetic one, although the grade is 5w -30 as per service manual.
Total quartz FS 5w30 satisfies the ford approval. It's not a fully synthetic oil, rather it's the same semi synthetic oil ford uses (although in Castrol and mobil form)

Try to change your air filter and fuel filter. And get your maf and map sensors cleaned. It is summer time and that could be the reason. I've also noticed a considerable drop in FE (from 21 to 19)

I see no other reason why your FE should drop.

Might i ask what major items you've replaced in your car till 1L kms?
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 23:40   #12656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post

Might i ask what major items you've replaced in your car till 1L kms?
Apart from the suspension overhaul, no major replacement till 100k kms. Just made sure that the car is service regularly and religiously at the ASS, but since Ford has exited the Indian market (although my ASS Harpreet Ford is fairly competent), I have gone to my FNG.

Cheers!
Celes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:58   #12657
BHPian

Hi wanting to upgrade from my stock tyres. Looking at Yoko Earths and MRFs anyone has any input? Want to find the best grip and price quotient. Brands over these two are a welcome as well
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:16   #12658

Hi Fellow TeamBhpians,

I have purchased a Ford Ecosport 2021 Petrol 1.5 MT Titanium in May 2021, from Novelty Ford Jalandhar.

Within one year/approx 14K Kms of ownership, I have approached Saluja Ford in Chandigarh for a broken armrest component (pictures attached for reference), which upon investigation was found to be a child part in the armrest assembly.

Saluja Ford and the representatives have been promt and understanding, and I have obtained timely feedback from them. But I have been denied warranty claim from Ford India as per Saluja Ford. Shouldn't this part be covered under warranty or am I expecting too much from a manufacturer already shut shop in the country? In that case I will tone down my expectations for the family waali feeling.

Regards,
Rishikesh
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20220523175728.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2022, 18:40   #12659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
Hi wanting to upgrade from my stock tyres. Looking at Yoko Earths and MRFs anyone has any input? Want to find the best grip and price quotient. Brands over these two are a welcome as well
If you are looking for good road grip and less road noise, go for Michelin Primacy ST. I replaced stock Goodyear Assurance on my EcoSport with Michelins couple of years ago and am happy with the performance. Rs 30000 for set of 4 in Mumbai at that time. Michelins are a bit expensive than Yoko and MRF though.

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 23rd May 2022 at 18:49. Reason: Corrected typo
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 00:42   #12660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
Look no further than Continental UC6 or Yoko RV02. I have tried both and found UC6 to be superior. People here have good things to say about MRF Perfinza as well.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks