Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 23:34   #12841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

^^

It’s not that the service center guys can’t do the EGR cleaning themselves. They very well know the process but the reason they don’t want to do it is because of the time the entire process will take. They are reluctant to allocate a technician for the job since they might as well do the routine service of around 4-5 cars utilising the same time which the technician will take for the EGR cleaning !!

They can earn five times the money while servicing routine jobs utilising the same time which a technician will take to clean the EGR of a single car. So they conveniently make excuses to not do the job. One service advisor in Calcutta confidently told me that Ford Cars don’t need EGR cleaning !!

I have heard that Maruti service has EGR cleaning as a routine one for diesel cars. Now may be the process is easier in the Maruti cars and not so much in the Ford cars. Having witnessed the entire process, I can confidently say that the process is indeed complex but is certainly doable in the hands of a competent mechanic.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 02:04   #12842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
One service advisor in Calcutta confidently told me that Ford Cars donít need EGR cleaning !!
Btw just days before the work, my boot door stopped opening. SA said release actuator needs to be changed which cost around 2K and was included in the 52K bill I spent. Did you face similar issue and does it recur ?
Old 22nd November 2023, 10:44   #12843
Team-BHP Support

Re: EGR Cleaning Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
However the boot repair seems to have introduced noises on rear which I need to check. The boot door inner trim was also not aligned properly which exposed some white paint, the bodyshop guy insisted its normal after removing once
Haha. I think this is classic Talera. I had the exact same experience.

I had to raise a massive stink with both the Service and Bodyshop heads, and go to their office upstairs to get them to fix the problem. "Do the alignment of the tailgate latch properly" was all it took for the Manager to tell the bodyshop guys and magically, all the noises stopped. Took about 5min for that alignment.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:05   #12844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Btw just days before the work, my boot door stopped opening. SA said release actuator needs to be changed which cost around 2K and was included in the 52K bill I spent. Did you face similar issue and does it recur ?
They have been telling me this since long that the actuator has to be changed but I have resisted the offer till now. Only the rubber part of the latch has been changed once. Little correction of alignment and greasing, that all is required for the door to function freely and without drama. The problem is with the weight of the boot door because of the spare tyre and due to which it needs alignment correction every once in a while. Will have to see about the actuator during the next service, will update. The door is doing fine as of now.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:35   #12845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
They have been telling me this since long that the actuator has to be changed but I have resisted the offer till now. Only the rubber part of the latch has been changed once. Little correction of alignment and greasing, that all is required for the door to function freely and without drama.
So in my case they didn't even bother to repair, and replaced it straightaway
Old 22nd November 2023, 22:37   #12846
BHPian

Finally touched six digit figures...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20231117184229.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20231117184441.jpg  

Fordlover88 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 23:46   #12847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Finally touched six digit figures...
Enjoy !

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20221224_135834.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20221224_140008.jpg

Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 14:17   #12848
BHPian

I had done regular service two weeks ago. Last day Ford customer care called for feedback. I just looked the oil and air filter at that time. This is after 300km from service date.
Please see the pictures. Is this normal? Should I raise a concern?
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5170.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5168.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5167.jpeg
Old 30th November 2023, 19:01   #12849

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
I had done regular service two weeks ago. Last day Ford customer care called for feedback. I just looked the oil and air filter at that time. This is after 300km from service date.

Attachment 2536051
Looks like they haven't changed the air filter , Ford recommends replacement of airfilter every 20k kilometers but since it only costs around 300/- it's better to get it replaced every 10k kms. It's difficult to judge the condition of oil accurately from the picture ,but it looks ok .
Check your service receipt it would have detailed breakdown of cost of spares used , you will get to know if they have replaced the air filter or not. If the service receipt shows a charge for airfilter then you can take it up against the service centre.
dimburai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 19:27   #12850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
If you have paid for oil change and air filter change then the service center has surely not changed any, judging from the photo. Check your service receipt.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 23:04   #12851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimburai View Post
If the service receipt shows a charge for airfilter then you can take it up against the service centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
If you have paid for oil change and air filter change then the service center has surely not changed any, judging from the photo. Check your service receipt.
I had told them specifically to change air filter and it is billed. I think I should take it up with the service centre. Regarding oil, I have heard diesel oil gets dirty easily. I will ask anyway.
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:27   #12852
Senior - BHPian

My uncle has a 10+yr old ecosport and wanted to know if front two seats can be replaced. Says they are worn out and not very comfortable.

Any guidance?
Old 4th December 2023, 17:19   #12853
BHPian

Hi All,
sorry if this question may sound strange, please advise.
have an EcoSport titanium (automatic) 2013 model driven exclusively in Bangalore only ( less than 25K Kms on the odo). all services done on time.

Never taken it on a highway since there was always another larger car available, but at this time, I need to take family (of 4) to South Kerala and back from Bangalore. Titanium automatic has 6 airbags, EBD, ABS, and ESP and I believe is 4-star NCAP (not sure).

Is it safe to drive for long distances considering the higher speeds nowadays on highways and also would it struggle to overtake at 90KM/hr speed range?

please advise anyone who may be driving ecosport regularly on highways.
also, anything I should take care of before the trip, considering it is a 10 year old car.
appreciate your guidance.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 10:55   #12854
Senior - BHPian

A nice cool mod for the Ecosport. Thanks to the Pune and Bangalore Ecosport owners group for sourcing these indicators.

Name:  ezgif.comoptimize.gif
Views: 389
Size:  3.77 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post

please advise anyone who may be driving ecosport regularly on highways.
also, anything I should take care of before the trip, considering it is a 10 year old car.
appreciate your guidance.
The Ecosport is made for the highways and hence as long as your car is in good health, you will enjoy the drive.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 7th December 2023 at 11:00.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 19:07   #12855

Anyone here able to get their egr valve cleaned at the service center? I am looking to know the approximate cost and time it would take to get the activity done. My ecosport has completed 96k kms and I think it's the right to to have it done

Most Viewed