Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-91.html)

Have been watching this area for a good while, one word now: Wow, amazing pricing by Ford. I was thinking about saving 10 lak for this beauty and my only other alternative was Duster. Now the decision is easier. Test Drive is the only step before I check my finances :)

Only negative potential situation ahead: Do we foresee a waiting period like Swift ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bapu (Post 3160618)
Guys,

Any update on the mileage expected?

That's one area that worries me. Yesterday's TD vehicle averaged 12kmpl. Expecting more for a fresh vehicle.

Excellent Pricing !! Now, lets just hope Ford manages the production and inventory well, and keeps the waiting period down. The long wait till now seems worth it.
Any idea what is their capacity and how many Ecosports can be produced in a month ?

Great pricing! This really is going to be a game changer for Ford. I now expect the sales volumes of other model to increase benefitting from the foot falls generated by EcoSport. Good job Ford!

Check this link of Ford India. They are showing the starting price at Rs.10.10lakhs for the MARS RED color alone. All the other colors are showing at Rs.5.59 lakhs as the starting price. I guess that should the Titanium (O) trim and might be that MARS RED would be available only in that trim.

Wow! Just wow! After a long long wait, Ford did not disappoint! Those prices will ensure loads of ecosports on the road in the coming months. Looks like either the Duster needs to take a price cut or Nissan needs to price it's Terrano lower.

Ford have absolutely nailed it! They have indeed done a Figo again with the EcoSport pricing. They needed it too, as the Duster is half a size bigger. I only wish they hold onto that pricing and do not get carried away by demand/margins. Kudos Ford!

I had booked trend variant thinking Titanium would be way far ahead in pricing.
I just cant believe the pricing. Titanium is superb VFM, Trend seems to be the least VFM package :eek:

Ford really deserves praise for the price. It is absolutely wonderful pricing. I hope they don't make it just introductory pricing as many others have done before. After the flop of Fiesta ford seems to have learned a hard lesson. I see this pricing, if maintained, having a big impact on pricing strategies across all brands..

Kudos to ford. Only suggestion, keep the pricing and don't increase it soon

absolutely wonderful pricing, specially for the Ambient Petrol.

Why no AT for diesel? I wish they launch an AWD model as well

Brilliant pricing! Now for a test drive. Spoke to the Ford guys - they've promised me a TD of both the Ecoboost and the diesel by this weekend (I'm not too interested in the 1.5P though will probably TD that as well). Fingers crossed I'll like it. I had high hopes for the Duster but it didn't satisfy me. Hopefully the ES will. The Titanium variant looks the most appealing to me.

Renault, Maruti, Honda, Hyundai and M&M must be scratching their heads and sweating under the collar a bit now. Hope these prices aren't jacked up very soon.

This link should give us the city wise pricing but does not seem to work as yet:

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id

Looks like they are updating it. The dealer in Mumbai says he will share the on-road price this evening!

Brilliant pricing by Ford. I roughly estimate the 1.5 Ambiente Petrol to cost around 7 lakhs OTR Pune.
This move will send a lot of competitors scurrying back to the drawing board. Everything, from premium hatches, compact sedans and larger SUVs will be hit.
Has anyone read / heard anything on how the 1.5 petrol Ecosport drives? That engine was not very exciting in the Fiesta.

I am glad that Ford has made the base version affordable by skimping on the safety features, the same approach would have helped in the case of the Fiesta too. Those horrified by my sentiments, please note that the majority of "premium" hatchbacks offer any kind of safety only in the top most trim where the cost exceeds those of regular sedans. Ford can't be bothered about feelings here, bling sells and they have catered the product exactly like how the market wants it. It has the noveltly factor which all the premium hatches lack.

Last weekend I was watching some segment in a car show where experts are asked about which car one should buy. The i20 Magna D was recommended even though the expert said that "it lacks only ABS, fogs, rear wiper and defogger and you really don't need those things":Shockked:. I think the expert's name was Bert. If that is what passes off as expert advice then this car suits our market's needs quite well.

Can somebody explain me why Ford has not launched Ecoboost in the lower variants? They are not sure it will sell? I think they should have launched it in at least Trend version. It would have got lot of takers.