Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-99.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav911 (Post 3160948)
For 45K, you get 4 extra airbags - Curtain + Side.
The leather seats are additional and because of the side airbags, you cannot put any seat covers/ leather over the stock seats in the Titanium (o).

Can you please explain this? Why should seat covers affect the airbags?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkpiyengar (Post 3160956)
But as per the Brochure the side and curtain airbags is listed only for AT. Driver and Passenger Airbags are present in both variants.

So either the brochure is incorrect or side/curtain Airbags is only for AT.

Cheers
MKP

I am pretty sure that the brochure is wrong. I confirmed the same with the sales advisor today. Nobody would pay 45K only for leather seats - you can get a better quality outside for a cheaper price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkpiyengar (Post 3160956)
But as per the Brochure the side and curtain airbags is listed only for AT. Driver and Passenger Airbags are present in both variants.

So either the brochure is incorrect or side/curtain Airbags is only for AT.

Cheers
MKP

No. The AT is available only in the Titanium Variant.
Among all the Titanium Variants, only the AT version has Side+Curtain Airbags.
All the Titanium(O) variants are equipped with Side+Curtain airbags which totals to 6 airbags.

Att. the brochure again for your reference. (Probably you may be referring to the earlier brochure)
Kindly look at the last column which is for Titanium (O) - Clear indicates a tick along side Side & Curtain Airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 3160965)
I am pretty sure that the brochure is wrong. I confirmed the same with the sales advisor today. Nobody would pay 45K only for leather seats - you can get a better quality outside for a cheaper price.

Precisely. That's why I brought it up so that guys can confirm before booking and during test drives. It should not be one of the things promised by Dealer and not fulfilled later.

But on second thoughts it seems logical that the Leather seat covers are packaged with built in airbags, fitted from factory directly.

@gaurav911
Yes. You are correct. So Titanium (O) has Side & curtain Airbags + Leather seats.

Cheers
MKP

OTR prices in Bangalore attached. Had been to the Metro ford, the sales guy was saying it would take around 3-6 months waiting for the first batch of Ecoboost vehicles to be delivered.

I'm not sure if this has been shared yet as the last few pages just mushroomed quickly.

All India EcoSport prices for everyone's benefit.

Mods: If this already exists, please excuse and delete as appropriate.

Ford EcoSport - Prices.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by _raVan_ (Post 3160898)
Absolutely fantastic pricing by Ford. They have a winner and probably the Car of the Year in their hands. They really need to focus in meeting the customer expectations in terms of showroom experience and service.

Any word on official fuel efficiency figures?

18.5 kmpl in the ExoBoost. 22.5 kmpl in the Diesel Titanium. These are the figures claimed by the Sales bloke at Metro Ford.
Like Suhaas, even I was asked to go to Vasanth Nagar to check out the EcoBoost. Too much of a pain for me though.

Bangalore pricing is not yet out but I saw the Bombay pricing which should be quite similar.
So sub ten lacs for the top spec Petrol EcoBoost and a tad over 10 lacs for the Titanium Diesel.

Boy, this is certainly going to burn rubber on the sales front!

The airbag in question deploys through the side seam of the seat which is why putting on a seat cover will affect the operation of the airbag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by latentpotential (Post 3160963)
Can you please explain this? Why should seat covers affect the airbags?

Great pricing by Ford. I hope they are able to keep up supply with the demand. I feel there is going to be tremendous response to EcoSport. But at the end it boils down to service network. Bihar has a SINGLE Ford dealer, located in Patna. How do they expect to deal with the shortage of service centers?

I checked carwale and OTR Ahmedabad for Trendline TDCi is Rs.7,40,000. This is going to be a VFM Rockstar!

One thing missing in this package is the Airbags. Other than that, there is nothing to miss. Just put her on good looking alloys and that is it.

Good job Ford. Can't even think about the endless meetings in the marketing departments of other manufacturers!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 3160900)
What I can't seem to understand is the reason behind having only the diesel for a cursory test drive around Bowring Institute @ Metro Ford, St. Mark's Road. I was told to go to Vasanthnagar if I want to try the EcoBoost. Ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3160986)
Like Suhaas, even I was asked to go to Vasanth Nagar to check out the EcoBoost. Too much of a pain for me though.!

I feel the reason behind this is that they are using one of the Urban Discovery EcoBoost vehicles as their test drive car and probably have just one of it stationed at their Palace Road outlet.
Since they see demand in diesels more, they have a dedicated test car for that at all their showrooms.

Is the price list for accessories also out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3160986)
Bangalore pricing is not yet out but I saw the Bombay pricing which should be quite similar.

Had been to the Metro ford and got the OTR price list for all variants. I have attached it in my previous comment.

Dealers apparently are getting an initial allocation of 450 Ecosports in the first batch according to a Mumbai dealer. Product mix is however unknown. 400 bookings received until now by this Mumbai dealer so looks like initial allocation likely sold out.

Received this from Lathangi Ford.

What is incidental expenses? - Rs 8000
Isn't extended warranty too expensive? Rs 10444
And essential pack? Puncture kit and key chain for Rs 4500?

Making hay when the sun shines?

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-latford.png