Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 19:19   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Did anyone compare the features from the brochure

From the looks of it between the Ambiente Vs Trend the On-Road Price difference is Rs.1.04L. For this what i get in Trend is

Cheers
MKP
Every additional feature in the Trend, barring illuminated vanity mirrors is worth the money.

1. 60/40 Rear split seats.
2. Rear seat reclining
3. Rear seat tumble.
Foldable seats for oversize cargo, tilt function for rear seats when you have 4 adult passengers.
4. Illuminated Vanity Passenger Mirror

5. Driver seat adjustment. Driver seat adjustment is a big plus especially as visibility will be affected by whatever position the seat is fixed at.
6. Removable Parcel tray. Hides your luggage.
7. Under Passenger seat storage. Keeps your documents/ladies' handbags Ipad
8. Rear Defogger 9. Rear Wiper.
Seriously useful stuff, don't buy a hatch without this

10. Rear Power Windows. Big complaint against Figo, in this century why get a car without this.
11. Steering Audio Controls. Useful all the time,convenience is something to pay for
12. ABS
13. Emergency Brake Hazard Warning. Not sure if the intended audience will understand what is happening.

The T and T(O) versions is individual choice, convenience doesn't seem to be the dividing factor here. The top end is always a satisfactory choice.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:26   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Went to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and booked the Ecosport Diesel Titanium in mars red, waiting time quoted is 3 months and i have a feeling that the car should be here in around 2 months since i booked on the very first day

They didnt force anything like essential package etc and seeing the rush there, i dont even think people would care if they force them to take accessories worth 20-30k. The rush is insane, Ford would have never thought that this car would be such a big hit but the kind of pricing they announced, it was bound to happen.

Also sent a mail the MD, Ford India about the earlier dealer who had the guts to tell me that if i dont take their 50k accessory package, my car would be delayed. They even had a gear lock in that package - that too in a car with immobiliser and push button start

Wish the booking and delivery process was transparent, people with juggads and influence would get the car sooner than common man.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 19:30   #1488
BHPian

Had a look at the car. Couldnt take a test drive due to the rush. I felt the codriver seat width is small. I am comparing this with AStar seats. And yes the back bench will not accomodate 3.
Striked it off my list.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:30   #1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Received this from Lathangi Ford.

What is incidental expenses? - Rs 8000
Isn't extended warranty too expensive? Rs 10444
And essential pack? Puncture kit and key chain for Rs 4500?

Making hay when the sun shines?

Attachment 1102822
This is amazing pricing by Ford India and will certainly sell like hot cakes. Will give Duster and the to be released Terrano a run for the money. I guess now Hyundai will have to peg its mini SUV at the price of the i20 to stay in competition with this car.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:30   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Great extensive review Viddy. Kudos!! I have been waiting for this car.Most probably will be getting one. Which one? The Eco-boost for sure.

Im a big fan for automatics but not the 1.6 engine on this one. The Ecoboost is not gonna come with an autobox, well at least not yet and the Diesel will not come with the auto box also.

I was also expecting a killer price strategy but not as killer as this. Bravo Ford you have a winner. Why i say so? Not only because they seem to have a good product to match their segment but also, this is the first time, with pricing and a size as this, any car will be threatening other segments, especially with their range of engines.

I think it will be a game changer for Ford because it will bring in buyers of other segments to this segment as well.

Th threatened species include across segments are:

1) Hyundai i20
2) Swift Dzire
3) Honda Amaze
4) Duster

And all those who wanted to get an Suv but thought its too expensive.

Excellent work Ford, now lay back and hear the bank registers tinkle.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:34   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1102822
Incidental charges look expensive. It is mainly the bribe paid to RTO and registration expenses.

Extended warranty does not look expensive compared to Hyundai. This would be particularly useful for the ecoboost engine considering that it is new in India and imported.

Essential pack is definitely a money making strategy from the dealer. Escalate it to ford if they do not agree to make it optional.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:39   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Dont know if Ecosport ecosport accelerates fast enough from 0-100 but its thread at Team BHP did it in no time .

Got the exact on road price at Mangalore. It is 11.23 on road which includes 2 year extended warranty.The extended warranty costs about 16k.
The price includes full insurance without NCB. So On road price for me should be 10K cheaper as i have 35% NCB.

Also here comes the first shocker the Rear wheel cover is 11.5K
Old 26th June 2013, 19:42   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Just a question, if you are in market for buying a car in the range 7-9 Lacs, will you buy a Honda Amaze or will you go for Ford Ecosport??? I know its not exactly right comparison, but both cars pricing is quite close. Amaze base petrol model is 6.1 L in Pune & Ecosport is 6.5 L. So the comparison is valid i guess. If i have this dilemma, i will buy Ecosport for its looks, road presence only
Old 26th June 2013, 19:48   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just a question, if you are in market for buying a car in the range 7-9 Lacs, will you buy a Honda Amaze or will you go for Ford Ecosport???
That's precisely what many people are going to consider. Not compared the features in detail, but couple of points tilt in Ford's Favour
1. Looks new, stylish.
2. High ground clearance, better rough road handling.
3. Feel good factor of having a mini-SUV .

Only detailed comparison of features vis a vis price and engine refinement, etc. would give better insights.
But as on today we have options to choose

Also, one of my colleagues is looking at Ecosport as upgrade from Swift. His requirements
1. Compact dimensions. Check
2. Should feel has upgraded to better car. Check.
3. Price within 10 Lacs. Check

Many people out there would be precisely considering these points, and that's where the EcoSport shines.

Cheers
MKP

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 26th June 2013 at 19:54. Reason: Added post
Old 26th June 2013, 19:55   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im a big fan for automatics but not the 1.6 engine on this one.
A small correction. The automatic is a 1.5L.
Old 26th June 2013, 20:04   #1496
BHPian

Now the $142 million question is whether Ford delivers the deliveries or let truant dealers bust the reputation?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:10   #1497
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Incidental expenses are the typical dealer miscellaneous handling charges. No getting away from that. Though I understand that in Delhi, there is a directive from the government that such charges are not to be levied.
Extended warranty is never too expensive. It is definitely worth it for complete peace of mind.
The puncture kit and key chain for Rs 4500 is a bit weird and does not seem of much value. Highly inflated so these can be dipensed with perhaps. Certainly this bit is an opportunistic attitude by the dealer...
Old 26th June 2013, 20:10   #1498
BHPian

Amazing pricing by Ford!!! Undercuts Duster by 2-2.5L, which looks overpriced now.
I was informed by Talera Ford Pune that Automatic has not been launched. Also that it will take a few months for it to arrive at the showrooms.

Can anyone confirm that??? What are the production numbers for the automatic variant?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:12   #1499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Went to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and booked the Ecosport Diesel Titanium in mars red
Congrats coolboy007, hope you get it soon! What is the final OTR price? Did you get the Delhi OTR pricelist from the dealer?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:14   #1500
Senior - BHPian

[
Extended warranty does not look expensive compared to Hyundai. This would be particularly useful for the ecoboost engine considering that it is new in India and imported.

I booked the car at Noida Ford today. The dealer has quoted Rs 14990 for fourth year extended warranty. The Price for 3rd Year extended warranty is Rs 8556. In case you want 3rd + 4th Year Extended warrany the tab comes to Rs 23546. There is an anomaly here. If The 3rd + 4th year warranty costs Rs 14990 in Bangalore, then the Noida Ford is charging extra. I will take this up with Noda Ford over the weekend.

I expect Ford India to be keeping a tab of the onlene fora and will take action proactively. The dealers are also charging 2% processing charges if the Rs 50 K booking is mde using a credit card. Dunno what is the Ford India stand on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks