Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 12:02   #2161
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
According to Elite Ford, Bangalore they have 14 AT bookings. The first allotment has 4 ATs for them. The next allotment will be after 3 months. Probability is that the allotment will be similar 4 or 5. At this rate it would take a year to serve all 14.
Is anybody aware of any deliveries in Bangalore? It is a week already, and I have not spotted any ecosports on the road. On the contrary, deliveries have started in other cities. Why nothing in Bangalore?
Old 4th July 2013, 12:02   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Got my car last night. Here are a couple of pics taken from my phone.

The buying experience at Talera Ford has been a pleasure. Maybe cause i guess i gave into the insurance & 3rd Yr Warranty part. But no accessories were pushed down my throat.

I only took delivery of the car cause it was an auspicious day to pick it up & more importantly cause it was parked in the dealer showroom and was being abused by the crowd! Took it straight back to my parking without going around much.

Should get my papers tomorrow and hopefully take it to Poona Motors and get some accessories.

The good part - my car came with Goodyears! Will start an ownership thread once i'm able to really spend a day driving it around as advised by the mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0785.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0780.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 12:09   #2163
BHPian

I checked out Ecosport last weekend at Lathangi Ford JP Nagar. There was a mad rush at 10.45AM on Saturday. Kinetic Blue Titanium Diesel is on display and a white car is used for TD. Had to wait for 1.5 hours for the test drive.

During test drive, I wanted to primarily check out the door unlock problem from inside and it happened. This is a major problem for me as I have a two year old. But the advisor who was with me had no clue. He was talking as though it was a bug and not a feature.

And on the mandatory insurance, the sales advisor (Pooja) said they are offering it - but not mandatory to buy from them. But the accessories was quoted for Rs. 5000 (for mud flaps and floor mats).

They also checked out my May 2009 i10 and quoted 2.85 Lakhs (on exchange), and got a promise that the offer will stand for next 4-5 months.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:20   #2164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Congratulations, awesome colour. Update your signature. ASAP!
Old 4th July 2013, 12:24   #2165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The buying experience at Talera Ford has been a pleasure. Maybe cause i guess i gave into the insurance & 3rd Yr Warranty part. But no accessories were pushed down my throat.

I only took delivery of the car cause it was an auspicious day to pick it up & more importantly cause it was parked in the dealer showroom and was being abused by the crowd! Took it straight back to my parking without going around much.

Should get my papers tomorrow and hopefully take it to Poona Motors and get some accessories.

The good part - my car came with Goodyears! Will start an ownership thread once i'm able to really spend a day driving it around as advised by the mods.
Massive congratulations Nilesh. That colour in that light looks absolutely stunning!
We all await an ownership review on this car from you : ). Oh and could you tell me when you booked the car? Would like to get an idea of waiting period from you.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:44   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Kudos for taking a strong stand. So many of these car dealerships behave like they are doing customers a favor rather than the other way round (especially for the flavor of the month cars like Duster and EcoSport). I think the car dealership industry has the worst customer service experience in any industry in India (my little rant to join yours)
I appreciate the feedback.

Personally, there aren't any customer feedback as of yet of the durability of the vehicle. Of course we will get a good feedback once the car is actually distributed.

I am not trying to be cheap, but I am not also trying to lock in some $$$ without any certainty on When the delivery would be.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:04   #2167
BHPian

Quote:

That color looks superb! The alloy wheel design too is magnificent. Await a full ownership experience with lots of pictures. Congratulations on the buy and good that you took the delivery to avoid it from people's envy

Happy Motoring mate!
Old 4th July 2013, 13:06   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new ride.
Black colour suits best to the Ecosport IMO.
Wish u happy miles ahead.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:43   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Saw a Black EcoSport in my residential complex today morning. Evidently picked up by someone.

Am given to understand by the Dealer in Thane that the allocation among vehicle given to a dealership as per colours would be done by the dealership itself and not ford. Yes ford is now manufacturing as per the colour and variant trend that has emerged. But the dealership can speed up ones delivery if one is more flexible on colours even now. Hence have given the dealer 3 options to choose from (basis which is available early) while specifying one for the record.
Color and Variant mix is chosen by the dealer. I was part of the team that implemented the system for Ford. It goes something like this:
1. Dealer chooses color mix and variant mix when they book a certain qty say 2 months in advance (they chose the mix based on past sales history/trend).
2. Dealer can see where the car is on the assembly line - they are allowed to change the color/variant mix until the VIN is stamped on the vehicle.
3. Dealer can see where each individual vehicle is on the assembly line any time.
4. When the vehicle is shipped, they can get truck info and the ETA.

There is also an option in the system wherein Dealers can see each others stock and "trade" between them - for example Dealer A has a white color one and he has a customer who wants a black one. So he can trade his white with say Dealer B's black one if Dealer B is willing to do the trade. This trade is however restricted in India because of tax/legal issues but typically dealers in the same city do trade between them.

Since EcoSport is a new car, color and variant mix would not have been chosen by the dealer - it would have been done by Ford. Eventually, based on sales trend, they will be able to better guess and book the right ratio of color/variant mix.
chennai-indian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 13:46   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Kinetic Blue Titanium Diesel is on display and a white car is used for TD.
Did you take any pictures of Kinetic Blue? Did it really look stunning? Please share your views
Old 4th July 2013, 13:57   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
Did you take any pictures of Kinetic Blue? Did it really look stunning? Please share your views
Sorry did not take pics. There were about 50 people around the car and would not have been a nice pic anyways. And it did look good. And wifey loved it. But I prefer the mars red (which I am yet to see in the flesh).

In my opinion, Mars red and Kinetic Blue are the best choice for Eco sport. These two colors bring out the aggressive styling. The other normal colors like Grey and black, etc dont do justice to the syling. And white would probably be the worst choice. I test drove the white colored one and hardly anybody noticed the car.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:58   #2172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
The Kinetic Blue looks good, but the display vehicle is placed on a similarly blue carpet, which kind of made it hard to judge how the colour looks on its own. Let me see if I have a picture of the blue EcoSport at home and will post it.

In my opinion, the Kinetic Blue looks vivid and rich, but bear in mind that it doesn't have a metallic finish.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:05   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Will start an ownership thread once i'm able to really spend a day driving it around as advised by the mods.
Awesome. Congratulations Nilesh. Possibly the 1st delivered EcoSport on TBHP. I may have missed it if it was mentioned in the earlier posts, but which engine did you end up buying?

Surely you're going to be all excited and drive around beautiful Pune like you're discovering it for the first time but here's a requests from me, and I hope you could help find time to share your feedback on these 2 queries.

Could you (if possible), please share:
a. headlight beam throw and intensity (low & high)?
b. Drivability (specifically if your engine is the EcoBoost one).

Wishing you fantastic & peaceful ownership and will wait to check your ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
That color looks superb! The alloy wheel design too is magnificent. Await a full ownership experience with lots of pictures.
Is it only me who doesn't find the alloy wheel design 'interesting'? I have seen more than 1 member state that the alloy wheel design is nice. Wondering if I've become stranger with my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Congrats on your new ride.
Black colour suits best to the Ecosport IMO.
Wish u happy miles ahead.
I am guessing the color is Sea Grey, but could be wrong. Nilesh's ownership thread should clear it for us.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:50   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Finally after 145 pages we have the first BHPian getting a delivery of Ecosport and posting the pics. Congrats Nilesh.. The black was my first choice but fear of scratches, maintenance made me opt for Mars red. Otherwise i belive its the best color for Ecosport. With black, the Alloys,Headlamps,Chrome everything gets highlighted well.

Waiting for some more pics and initial impressions.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 14:53   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Color and Variant mix is chosen by the dealer. I was part of the team that implemented the system for Ford. It goes something like this:
1. Dealer chooses color mix and variant mix when they book a certain qty say 2 months in advance (they chose the mix based on past sales history/trend).
2. Dealer can see where the car is on the assembly line - they are allowed to change the color/variant mix until the VIN is stamped on the vehicle.
3. Dealer can see where each individual vehicle is on the assembly line any time.
4. When the vehicle is shipped, they can get truck info and the ETA.
May be Ford has building up stock of sub assemblies during last few months and a few thousand vehicles. Initial deliveries would be from this stock of ready vehicles while they break down booking data from dealers and schedule their production line to rapidly build and deliver from built up stock of sub assemblies.
If someone from ford was visionary enough to think on these lines Ford could probably build and deliver around 30000 vehicles by Diwali ending the waiting period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks