Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 14:58   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

@Nilesh5417---congrats for being the first bhpian to own an EcoSport. Looking forward to an ownership review soon.

By the way, there seems to be a nut missing on the stepney.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:05   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Nilesh for being the first owner of the Ecosport on the forum. Look forward to an owners perspective soon.

Have fun and drive safe !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You do have a keen eye. Yes, seems like one nut is missing.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 15:21   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Got my car last night.
Congrats! Looks beautiful. We expect a ownership report very soon. Were yours the only car to be delivered yesterday? Did you spot any automatics getting delivered or waiting to be delivered?
Old 4th July 2013, 15:44   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Nilesh5417---congrats for being the first bhpian to own an EcoSport. Looking forward to an ownership review soon.

I think it comes with 3 nuts with the bottom most being anti theft nut.
I remember seeing this is showroom also and Vidyut in his detailed review also has pointed out this. May be an act of cost cutting from Ford.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:48   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Is it only me who doesn't find the alloy wheel design 'interesting'? I have seen more than 1 member state that the alloy wheel design is nice. Wondering if I've become stranger with my tastes.
+1 I am not a fan of the Alloys as well. I think it is more of a floral design, a Geometric design would have comprehended for the aggressive styling of the Eco-sport.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:09   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
get individuals those who've already booked excited or make people sitting on the fence, nervous.
Price protection is not being offered by Ford, so it doesn't matter when you book, you have to pay the prevailing price at the time of delivery, and going by the current waiting periods of 1 year we might end up paying a higher price. So, one might as well come back after an year and buy the car off the shelf as competition might have caught up by then, instead of booking now.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:19   #2182
BHPian

Heard price is increased by 30-40K. One of my friend from hyd told this.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:27   #2183
BHPian

I have test driven the Ecosport both on highways and city and here are my takes

I have test driven both EcoBoost (Turbo charged Petrol) and Diesel engine variants and below are my takes on the car.

What You like
1. Very good ergonomics in the front seats. (Both in terms of sitting and usage of controls)
2. The Tilt and telescopic steering can be adjusted to any one’s driving comfort.
3. The EcoBoost Engine is a very good performer for Mid and top range. Diesel Engine mid-range performance is good. The engine feels underpowered at high speeds
4. Both the engines have a linear power delivery once the turbo kicks in (For petrol turbo kicks in at 1400 RPM and for diesel it is at 1500).
5. The turbo lag is not as bad compared to the competitors.
6. Rear seat leg room is really great. (I adjusted the driving seat for my comfort, went back and sat in the rear seat, I could easily relax my legs under the front seats without touching anywhere and my height is 6 Feet and 2.5 inches). To give you a comparison, I can’t sit comfortably in the rear seat of Duster.
7. Rear seat reclining is a good feature, especially for long drives.
8. Lot of storage space inside the car.
9. The clutch is really light compared to similar sized cars/Duster.
10. Packed with lot of features including safety ones.
11. Microsoft Sync is really good and especially the microphone quality is awesome. People who are sitting in the rear seat also talk with Sync with good voice quality.
12. Audio system is one of the best company fitted one. You don’t need to go for aftermarket one as this handles both treble and bass really well.
13. Even though the car has a tall boy design, the body roll is really less.
14. During high speed the stability of the car is awesome.
15. Breaks are really effective. It acts like cars with 4 disc brakes.
16. The car body is really heavy and made of very thick steel sheet.
17. Even though the steering is really light, it responds back with good precision as you increase the speed.
18. A/C is really effective. (First time when I test drove the car, it was in May, peak of the summer. Within no time it cooled even the rear space).
19. 60:40 rear seat folding is a nice feature, especially when you want to carry more luggage. One easy pull you can fold down the seats.
20. Noise insulation (NVH levels) in Diesel is really good.

What you won’t like

1. Rear seat can be accommodated with a third adult for short trips, but not for long drives. (all three can’t be comfortably using the back support)
2. The quality of leather (In Titanium O), plastics are strictly average. When you hold the steering wheel, the feel you get from the new Fiesta is missing.
3. With leather seats, the rear seat is really a flat bench.
4. Noise insulation in EcoBoost is not up to the mark. (But I heard someone was saying that it gives him a feeling that he is driving a sporty car because of the engine sound, but I don’t like it).
5. Cost cutting is clearly visible in all the angles. One instance to point out both Engine cover and Engine under cover is missing in EcoBoost. Engine under guard is available as an accessory and is a must buy.
6. People who are not used to turbo lag, will feel really bad with both EcoBoost and Diesel engines especially in city driving.
7. There is no boot release option from driver side.

Some other points to be noted

• The suspension is stiff, in slow speed, so you will feel the potholes and speed breakers in city driving. So if you are looking for a good ride, then go for Chevrolet SAIL.
• The boot is designed in such a way that you can accommodate lot of items in the boot. Even though the boot capacity on paper is 362 liters, but once you take out the rear parcel tray you can put more stuff. Secondly I have taken the car to my home and have checked whether my 2 weeks vacations luggage can be accommodated in the boot and I could able to put. (we are a family of 4, Me, wife and two small kids aged 5 and 3).

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th July 2013 at 18:17.
anumod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 16:49   #2184
BHPian

Guys, I am super excited! Just spoke to me dealer and he confirmed the car has landed. Considering RTO formalities I should get delivery next week.

Will keep you posted.
Old 4th July 2013, 17:22   #2185
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it only me who doesn't find the alloy wheel design 'interesting'? I have seen more than 1 member state that the alloy wheel design is nice. Wondering if I've become stranger with my tastes.
Actually you do seem maybe to have become a stranger to general tastes. (in your own words) . This is one of the best OEM alloy design seen this sides of 20L on a vehicle in India. Most people do seem to like the design and it does suite the vehicle especially in the 16" size. The 15' accessories alloy though is quite dull in my view.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 17:29   #2186
BHPian

Has anyone heard any possible delivery dates for Ecoboost version. I have booked one and the dealer is saying it might be take another week or so to know when will be my delivery scheduled.
Old 4th July 2013, 17:32   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually you do seem maybe to have become a stranger to general tastes. (in your own words) . This is one of the best OEM alloy design seen this sides of 20L on a vehicle in India. Most people do seem to like the design and it does suite the vehicle especially in the 16" size. The 15' accessories alloy though is quite dull in my view.
Call it individual taste but I think the best OEM alloy design is the 16 incher turbine alloys on the Fiat Linea Simply Beautiful in Italian way
Old 4th July 2013, 17:33   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Guys, I am super excited! Just spoke to me dealer and he confirmed the car has landed. Considering RTO formalities I should get delivery next week.

Will keep you posted.
Can you please answer the following:
1. Which variant and color did you choose?
2. Which dealer in Mumbai?
3. Did the dealer insist on Insurance, Accessories etc?
4. When did you book, before launch or after launch?

I have booked the AT variant but dealer (Wasan Marinelines) is non committal about the delivery month (forget abt the date).
Old 4th July 2013, 17:34   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys! I'm pretty excited about the driving this car and will post my initial impressions soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Massive congratulations Nilesh. That colour in that light looks absolutely stunning!
We all await an ownership review on this car from you : ). Oh and could you tell me when you booked the car? Would like to get an idea of waiting period from you.
Hi Maky..I (pre)booked my car on 8th June by paying a lakh. My priority number was 31. Point to note is that i was constantly in touch with my SA following up on the progress. He was of the opinion that i would get my car in the 2nd or 3rd Week of July but i wanted it sooner since i travel often and would be gone overseas for 4weeks by next weekend. He is a nice guy and genuinely did his bit.

Quote:
Awesome. Congratulations Nilesh. Possibly the 1st delivered EcoSport on TBHP. I may have missed it if it was mentioned in the earlier posts, but which engine did you end up buying?

Surely you're going to be all excited and drive around beautiful Pune like you're discovering it for the first time but here's a requests from me, and I hope you could help find time to share your feedback on these 2 queries.

Could you (if possible), please share:
a. headlight beam throw and intensity (low & high)?
b. Drivability (specifically if your engine is the EcoBoost one).

Wishing you fantastic & peaceful ownership and will wait to check your ownership thread.

I am guessing the color is Sea Grey, but could be wrong. Nilesh's ownership thread should clear it for us.
Hi Ajay..I got the Tdci Titanium and it is Sea Grey.

a) Head light beam throw & intensity : I was driving in the city with street lights practically everywhere. So at least in the city, i couldn't find any faults with the throw & intensity. Maybe i can try it once in the parking or dark area and check for it specifically and let you know.

b) Driveability - Coming from a petrol car, it does feel weird. But its probably not a car that will start from 0 in 2nd. Like all the reviews said, it gets sprightly around 14-1500rpm below which it feels lethargic. Past that, the 2nd feels short. The 3rd is where it seems suddenly lively and very driveable. I could potter around in bumper traffic at around 25 with very little clutch. The steering, which is the other aspect of driveability is definitely suited for city. Its light (for some, way too light) but precise. It takes very little effort but i dont think it tends towards over-steering if thats the question bothering most. It will take getting used to for sure!

As for the alloys, yes, they do seem a bit overdone. What part of the car isnt? But the sum of parts is great on the eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations, awesome colour. Update your signature. ASAP!
Arun - Ha ha..will do!! thanks!

Quote:

I was of the same opinion during PDI for once thought the dealership lost one. On taking a closer at the frame that holds the spare, i noticed that its designed to hold the wheel with only 3 nuts! So its probably more about design over cost cutting. Will paste some pics of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Congrats! Looks beautiful. We expect a ownership report very soon. Were yours the only car to be delivered yesterday? Did you spot any automatics getting delivered or waiting to be delivered?
No automatics in sight! Only Tdci's in different trims. I saw a Titanium, T+ & lower variants, mostly Trend.

-----
Here is what i also noticed behind the reception area as soon as you enter the showroom. They didn't complete the sentence but its probably obvious that anyone booking now is likely to get his car only by end of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0784.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 17:40   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I have test driven the Ecosport ...
7. There is no boot release option from driver side.
How are we supposed to open the boot at the malls and offices for security check?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks