Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:24   #2821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post

Berry Can you share what all accessories you have opted for and also I'm interested in getting a Front Bumper Applique for Mars Red will it look god ?
As I thought the Rear Bumper Applique wont be needed as the tail gated mounted will take the attraction and hence it wont be noticeable
has any one opted for the rear seat arm rest ???
When I asked my dealer all I could get was this picture
Sorry for the image clarity
I too have ordered the front bumper applique and not ordering the rear one because of the same reason as you quoted. It does look good.

Also, the rear seat armrest is a good thing one can buy. I too have ordered one.

I am apprehensive about one thing - the spoiler and the spare wheel cover because it is going to be painted at the dealer end and I have had experiences when I got accessories painted. Bumper appliques are pre painted silver from the factory so we can be rest assured about the quality.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:48   #2822
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
In total contrast to the above response, I've got lousy responses from Ford as well. I've been asking Ford & the Dealer only one question:
=====
Shall be grateful. Had booked @ a dealership in Hyderabad.

I am in the same boat as you are.
Did you also book from the somajiguda ford ?
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:09   #2823
BHPian

For all those who recently visited Ford showroom, is there still a mad rush for EcoSport or has the overall hype subsided? Are we now witnessing lesser number of bookings?
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:14   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
For all those who recently visited Ford showroom, is there still a mad rush for EcoSport or has the overall hype subsided? Are we now witnessing lesser number of bookings?
Had been to Metro Ford to collect my cancellation cheque and there was no mad rush. Even the TD vehicle was free. I also saw a gentleman walk away after hearing about the waiting period. There were quiet some cancellations looking at the cancellation booklet(assuming most of the bookings were for the Ecosport).
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:30   #2825
BHPian

I think Ford has hyped EcoSport too much and is paying the price for it.

On 19th June Ford advertised a paid PR article in leading newspapers with the headline "Ford set to drive in automatic SUV EcoSport to woo women in India". No one till date has seen or test driven a 1.5L EcoSport. The worst part is the wait time for AT which could be as high as 6 months.

On 14th June Ford officially started accepting pre-booking of EcoSport and on 26th June Ford officially launched EcoSport where pricing details were revealed. On 16th July Ford again advertised a paid PR article in leading newspapers with the headline "Ford EcoSport attracts 30,000 bookings in 17 days".

How on earth can the total duration be 17 days when pre bookings had begun on 14th June. In reality, Ford would have received 30000 bookings in 30 days or even more considering many prospects would have unofficially booked months in advance. God knows how many of these were cancelled which Ford did not deduct from 30,000.

I have no problem with all this marketing gimmic. My only question to Ford is, if you can't manage the existing demand why on earth are to trying to attract more bookings.
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:50   #2826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think Ford has hyped EcoSport too much and is paying the price for it.

On 19th June Ford advertised a paid PR article in leading newspapers with the headline "Ford set to drive in automatic SUV EcoSport to woo women in India". No one till date has seen or test driven a 1.5L EcoSport. The worst part is the wait time for AT which could be as high as 6 months.

On 14th June Ford officially started accepting pre-booking of EcoSport and on 26th June Ford officially launched EcoSport where pricing details were revealed. On 16th July Ford again advertised a paid PR article in leading newspapers with the headline "Ford EcoSport attracts 30,000 bookings in 17 days".

How on earth can the total duration be 17 days when pre bookings had begun on 14th June. In reality, Ford would have received 30000 bookings in 30 days or even more considering many prospects would have unofficially booked months in advance. God knows how many of these were cancelled which Ford did not deduct from 30,000.

I have no problem with all this marketing gimmic. My only question to Ford is, if you can't manage the existing demand why on earth are to trying to attract more bookings.
On an unrelated note to the Ecosport, you have a very poor opinion of journalism! The first article you refer to appeared in The Economic Times - http://articles.economictimes.indiat...-ford-india-md -
Now, nowhere does it say the article was paid for or was an advertorial. You may disagree with the writer (who happens to be ETs auto reporter). You can accuse the writer of being gullible but please don't call it something it isn't.

Your second example was carried by numerous media outlets - TOI, FE, Rediff.com - the reason is very simple: Ford put out a press release stating the 30,000 bookings in 17 days stat. You can disagree with idea or the media's news judgment but it wasn't PR or paid.
StarScream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:01   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
On an unrelated note to the Ecosport, you have a very poor opinion of journalism! The first article you refer to appeared in The Economic Times - http://articles.economictimes.indiat...-ford-india-md -
Now, nowhere does it say the article was paid for or was an advertorial. You may disagree with the writer (who happens to be ETs auto reporter). You can accuse the writer of being gullible but please don't call it something it isn't.

Your second example was carried by numerous media outlets - TOI, FE, Rediff.com - the reason is very simple: Ford put out a press release stating the 30,000 bookings in 17 days stat. You can disagree with idea or the media's news judgment but it wasn't PR or paid.
Do you expect ET to know the positioning of an unlaunched product without any input from company or brand manager? Even if an article is not called out as an Advertorial, companies can still pay money to release their article.

Again, what you are calling as a press release maybe true. But fact of the matter is that these are all marketing gimmics and Ford should rather focus elsewhere.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:02   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
I too have ordered the front bumper applique and not ordering the rear one because of the same reason as you quoted. It does look good.
=====Bumper appliques are pre painted silver from the factory so we can be rest assured about the quality.
Can you please post pics of Front Bumper Applique
I wanted to see it once
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:55   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post

Can you please post pics of Front Bumper Applique
I wanted to see it once
I have ordered it and have not seen it in flesh yet. You can go to Ecosport's official website and click on the accessories section.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:43   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
In total contrast to the above response, I've got lousy responses from Ford as well. I've been asking Ford & the Dealer only one question:

"What is my sequence / wait list number and what is the expected delivery timeline?"

To this the responses I'm getting are
Ford Response: "Sorry, we have no info, you have to contact the dealer" When I tell them that the Dealer is not responding, Ford pleads helplessness!"

Dealer Response: "Sir, the Deliveries have been stopped, we've hardly got any vehicles. We informed you before itself that it will take a MINIMUM of 3 months!"

I had pre-booked on June 17th confirming both colour (sea-grey) and variant (Titanium) even before launch. Yet, right since 17th June to 21st July the delivery timeline is being quoted as '3 more months!"

Is there someone from Ford on this forum who can look into the same?

Shall be grateful. Had booked @ a dealership in Hyderabad.
Right now both Ford and its dealers are basking in the demand for the EcoSport. Let one product launch during Diwali and/or the launch of the Honda Jazz should bring these dealers back to their senses. One day they'll be calling people for your business.
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:24   #2831
BHPian

I test drove Ecosport for the second time and it seems to be good value for money. Dealership's cutomer treatment needs a lot to be desired, I did not get a proper response from them on questions for Ecosport (or any other car for that matter).
The waiting period as quoted by the Dealer in Chennai
Ecosport Petrol - 10 Months (1.5L and 1.0L Ecoboost)
Ecosport Diesel - 8 Months
Old 23rd July 2013, 00:17   #2832
BHPian

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2013-for...tic-road-test/

Found this bit in the review of the automatic EcoSport in Overdrive disturbing. Would like to hear from users about any rattling issues with their EcoSport.

Quote:
EcoSport... There were a few
shortcomings, of course. The interior plastic
for one could certainly do with an upgrade,
and the build quality too could be upped a
few notches. Take the car I am driving right
now: it has done less than 5,000km, but its
insides have already started rattling; the
plastic on the doors and the dashboard near
the air-con vents in particular...
PS: Mods, Delete if inappropriate.

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd July 2013 at 10:44. Reason: Content from external source put in quotes. Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:06   #2833
BHPian

Hi Folks! I just booked a 1.5 Diesel Titanium a couple of days ago at Cauvery Ford. Of course, being late to the party on this one means I have a fair few months before delivery - around November is what I was told. That aside though, I had a question regarding insurance. The dealer said insurance was mandatory, but I know other dealerships don't have this clause. Anyone booked with Cauvery and not forced to take the bundled insurance? It works out to almost INR 10,000 extra - money I would much rather spend on accessories.
Old 23rd July 2013, 05:58   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneld View Post
Hi Folks! I just booked a 1.5 Diesel Titanium a couple of days ago at Cauvery Ford. Of course, being late to the party on this one means I have a fair few months before delivery - around November is what I was told. That aside though, I had a question regarding insurance. The dealer said insurance was mandatory, but I know other dealerships don't have this clause. Anyone booked with Cauvery and not forced to take the bundled insurance? It works out to almost INR 10,000 extra - money I would much rather spend on accessories.
I was told the same thing too by Elite Ford. I dashed an email to Ford regarding the dealer malpractice. They sent me an email with the dealer manager CC'ed that insurance/accessories are optional. I am getting delivery next week and have made payment without the insurance component. I am taking insurance from outside and like you said using the 13k i saved for accessories. Don't buckle under dealer pressure.
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:34   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you expect ET to know the positioning of an unlaunched product without any input from company or brand manager? Even if an article is not called out as an Advertorial, companies can still pay money to release their article.

Again, what you are calling as a press release maybe true. But fact of the matter is that these are all marketing gimmics and Ford should rather focus elsewhere.
Read the story pls, it quotes Ford India MD Joginder Singh and another executive. Just because the reporter spoke to them and wrote a single-source story doesn't mean it was paid for (actually, it just means he was lazy .)
Read this, from TOI no less:
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-payment-modes
If you have inside information and can prove the story was paid for, you can sue ET.

Secondly, I'm not calling it a press release, that is a fact:
http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249039050246
If a company issuing a press release is a marketing gimmick, then so is them arranging and footing the bill for a test drive event. Wouldn't you agree?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks