Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 22:46   #2896
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
I felt the people at Muthoot Ford were nice. Many of my friends also felt the same. In fact I found them to be quite transparent too . ( Especially when i heard from the forum about the horror stories about other dealers). By the way why don't you contact Mr Pramod , the Sales Manager for an update of your status?
Pramod - 9656700929. He is a nice guy. Just give him a ring.I think that'll be a better way to track your booking.
Old 24th July 2013, 22:58   #2897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Any members here who have booked through Lathangi ford, Bangalore this month ? If yes, can you please share your booking number here ? Just want to check if the booking number they have quoted me (554) is realistic at all. Which of these dealership is better in terms of transparency ? Cauvery, Metro, Lathangi or Elite ford ?
I booked from Cauvery Ford on 26th June I found them to be the most professional if not the most transparent after visiting all 3 dealerships. They also seemed to have the least of "it'll sell anyway" attitude too.
I should be getting my car, 1.5D Titanium (o) sometime in september.
Old 25th July 2013, 00:19   #2898
BHPian

Like Shashank said, I think Cauvery Ford seemed to be one of the best in my experience as well. That said, their Accessories price list is crazy high! I've seen the price list at Cauvery Ford in Mangalore - but am pretty sure the same prices are relevant in Bangalore as well.
Old 25th July 2013, 06:20   #2899
BHPian

To all those who haven't driven the 1.5L Petrol MT and wondering about how it is, here is a quick detail.

I drove the 1.5L Petrol MT only yesterday and that too for a very short spin. The front-left tire was punctured and so, I couldn't push it hard or drive it much. In that short spin, I felt that the engine was pretty responsive. The mid range seems to make justice to the numbers shown on paper and as most of them have speculated and talked about, it shares the mill from the Fiesta. The drive was good for an engine without a turbo but comparing it to the Diesel and the EcoBoost variants, I'd keep Ecoboost>Diesel>Petrol. Can't talk about its efficiency figures though.

I'm not very good at reviewing and expressing about it very technically. But if anyone has any doubts, I'll try to answer them as good as I can.
nitish.h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 10:19   #2900
BHPian

It seems this thread has turned into discussions about dealer attitudes and delivery schedule instead of discussing the vehicle.

My own experience. Had pre-booked the vehicle with Wasan, Chembur, Mumbai. Dealer attitude has been extremely good and professional. The SA always returns my calls even if he is sometimes unable to take my call. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Clapping.gif

My booking no. is 69 overall, with 3 for the AT variant. The latest feed-back is that dealer has received only 15 vehicles (all diesel), of which only 5 have been delivered. The other 10 are waiting for customers to get loans sanctioned, etc.

Such a prominent dealer in Mumbai receiving only 15 vehicles? Feel that Ford's allocation methodology is faulty. Some dealers have got huge number of allotments, given by the large no. of deliveries being reported based on members' feed-back etc.. They could have artificially shown huge pre-bookings to get higher allocation? Ford needs to conduct a little verification on the genuine-ness of such bookings.

And the ethical dealers are getting short changed, along with their esteemed clients, thats "us".
Old 25th July 2013, 10:35   #2901
BHPian

Yesterday evening dropped at Riddhi Ford for a test drive of ecosport.
The dealership appeared tackling with the costumer queries regarding deliveries.
Saw one person arguing to get delivery in next week of his choice of color whereas the dealership has another color to offer.
Anyways I took the diesel variant for a drive for a longer than usual TD runs. All the thing felt as already covered in the official review. I was concerned about space inside as its pretty much individual specific.
Cabin I felt its not spacious and airy but I (6'1") didn't feel tight either, it was just optimum. The only downside I noticed was the much discussed rear bench 2 1/2 capacity but its more comfortable than duster, atleast I felt so. rear leg room is good.
I must say pretty heavy door more because I am Honda city user.
I compared between Trend and Titanium and found earlier one a much stripped down version. I was thinking that even if someone goes to get all the missing features (except airbags and button start) from outside then how much will it cost?
Also I was told 3 month waiting for diesel variant.

Last edited by Honda Monk : 25th July 2013 at 10:41.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:22   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Well, I thought I'd miss my swift a lot.But surprisingly,I don't. In fact 3 weeks and 2400 km later , I have fell for Ecosport hook,line and sinker
Congrats mate,
Based on these 3 weeks you mentioned, how would you say the build quality of the vehicle is? Any loose ends/rattles etc?
I've booked A diesel Titanium (O) and build/interior quality is very important to me.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:10   #2903
BHPian

I've been confused about this for a while now and seek help from you all. Where can I fit an audio head unit on the dash? The MFD space can only accommodate something around 3.5 inches from what I've seen. Where can a 2-Din or even a 1-Din head unit sit?

Inputs appreciated. :-)
Old 25th July 2013, 15:40   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
I've been confused about this for a while now and seek help from you all. Where can I fi..ead unit sit?

I guess you won't have to fit any, every version of EcoSport comes with OEM head unit with BT connectivity.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:53   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
I guess you won't have to fit any, every version of EcoSport comes with OEM head unit with BT connectivity.

That sounds good. I don't require a CD player anyway. All I needed was BlueTooth and USB compatibility. So from what you say, can I infer that I can plug in a USB drive and start playing music from it?
Old 25th July 2013, 16:23   #2906
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've been confused about this for a while now and seek help from you all. Where can I fit an audio head unit on the dash? The MFD space can only accommodate something around 3.5 inches from what I've seen. Where can a 2-Din or even a 1-Din head unit sit?

The EcoSport OEM audio sound is really good, one does not require an after market unit. Besides it seems to comes with Bluetooth even in the base variant. In the higher variants you also get Microsoft Sync voice activation.

In short the headunit is already present and one must more or less live with it and it does seem to be liveable.

Last edited by ACM : 25th July 2013 at 16:28.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:27   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The OEM audio sound is really good, one does not require an after market unit.
All this while I thought the four speakers are just connected to a power and the AUX port. I thought the USB is a hanging port waiting for a connection to a head unit, which I thought didn't exist.

So I can plug in any USB and play audio from it huh?
Old 25th July 2013, 16:32   #2908
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All this while I thought the four speakers are just connected to a power and the AUX port. I thought the USB is a hanging port waiting for a connection to a head unit, which I thought didn't exist. So I can plug in any USB and play audio from it huh?
Yep you can connect to the USB using a USB Drive or to Aux using your phone or other device as well as use the built in CD system itself and then there is the FM - I guess all the types of music source one may want are covered.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 16:39   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep you can ...- I guess all the types of music source one may want are covered.
Thats fantastic ! I had kept aside 10k for a head unit, that I can now spend on a GPS unit.

Thank you ACM.
Old 25th July 2013, 17:17   #2910
Senior - BHPian

As far as my dealings with Noida Ford are concerned, they have not been rude. Mr Tyagi, the Sales head was pretty polite in my conversation whether on the phone or in person. It is a relatively new dealership and I get my Figo serviced from here. I have never dealt with the sales team at harpreet Ford in person so I really cannot comment. However, if they try to act smart they will see a different facet of my personality.

Most Viewed