Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 17:58   #2911
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I wonder this thread has become more of dealership experience rather than ford ecosport first experience sharing.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 18:33   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
I wonder this thread has become more of dealership experience rather than ford ecosport first experience sharing.
Isn't it all part of the experience? The dealers are key touch-points for the Ford brand, and they haven't been giving great experiences, have they?

Have a few questions:
  • For those who have taken / "been given" the essential pack, did you all get the car freshener, leather-made document holder etc?
  • For those who have bought accessories, have you been charged VAT on top of the "supposed" retail price as shown on the rate-cards?

Regards,
Sai

Last edited by saisrujan : 25th July 2013 at 18:33. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 25th July 2013, 19:10   #2913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
  • For those who have taken / "been given" the essential pack, did you all get the car freshener, leather-made document holder etc?
Regards,
Sai
I wanted to ask this. What can be expected in this essential pack? I guess it comes to 5k or 7k right?
Old 25th July 2013, 19:26   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I wanted to ask this. What can be expected in this essential pack? I guess it comes to 5k or 7k right?
The Cost of this pack is 6000.
Here is what it includes:
  • Carpet Floor mat
  • Mud flaps
  • Trunk mat
  • Car Freshener
  • metallic Keychain
  • Document Holder.
This is what is mentioned in my accessories list.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 20:56   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
To all those who haven't driven the 1.5L Petrol MT and wondering about how it is, here is a quick detail.

I drove the 1.5L Petrol MT only yesterday and that too for a very short spin. The front-left tire was punctured and so, I couldn't push it hard or drive it much. In that short spin, I felt that the engine was pretty responsive. The mid range seems to make justice to the numbers shown on paper and as most of them have speculated and talked about, it shares the mill from the Fiesta. The drive was good for an engine without a turbo but comparing it to the Diesel and the EcoBoost variants, I'd keep Ecoboost>Diesel>Petrol. Can't talk about its efficiency figures though.

I'm not very good at reviewing and expressing about it very technically. But if anyone has any doubts, I'll try to answer them as good as I can.
Great news. How was the low end torque of the engine?
Did they give any delivery time frame for the 1.5 Petrol?
Old 25th July 2013, 21:08   #2916

Quote:
To all those who haven't driven the 1.5L Petrol MT and wondering about how it is, here is a quick detail.

I drove the 1.5L Petrol MT only yesterday and that too for a very short spin. The front-left tire was punctured and so, I couldn't push it hard or drive it much. In that short spin, I felt that the engine was pretty responsive. The mid range seems to make justice to the numbers shown on paper and as most of them have speculated and talked about, it shares the mill from the Fiesta. The drive was good for an engine without a turbo but comparing it to the Diesel and the EcoBoost variants, I'd keep Ecoboost>Diesel>Petrol. Can't talk about its efficiency figures though.

I'm not very good at reviewing and expressing about it very technically. But if anyone has any doubts, I'll try to answer them as good as I can.
Wow.. you are possibly the only person who has driven the much elusive 1.5 MT Petrol (my preferred choice). I have been waiting patiently from some kind of input on this variant. Could you please elaborate on the engine performance vis-a-vis your current car and any inputs as to dealer timelines on delivery?
Thank you !
Old 25th July 2013, 21:11   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Great news. How was the low end torque of the engine?
Did they give any delivery time frame for the 1.5 Petrol?

The low end torque seems to be pretty good and for most kinds of city usage, it is going to be just fine. We were four of us in the vehicle, all being well over 70 kilos and the pull was almost effortless. The engine is responsive and does not disappoint..

Most dealerships here in Bangalore are quoting a waiting period of at least 9 months and above for all the Variants with the 1.5L Petrol Engine. If you're going for the Ambiente or the Trend variant, the delivery period is around 6 months minumum.
Old 25th July 2013, 21:28   #2918
BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer? Have they started deliveries of the 1.5 P?
Old 25th July 2013, 21:46   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Which dealer? Have they started deliveries of the 1.5 P?
It was at Lathangi Ford, Outer Ring Road. It was one of those vehicles that was probably sent to Goa for the media reviewing and had the TN registration. It looked like the vehicle was there for repairs and service. I don't think they're officially giving that vehicle for test drives yet since none of the dealers have the Official 1.5L Petrol MT for a test drive. When I had called up Ford a week ago asking for a TD vehicle for the 1.5P version, the person said only Diesel and EcoBoost vehicles are available for Test drives from all the dealerships. After convincing three to four people in the showroom, I was let to drive it and that too for a very short spin since it had a puncture on its front left tire.

AFAIK, they haven't started the deliveries of the 1.5P yet. They're yet to receive a lot with some vehicles that have this engine, sometime by the end of this month/first week of August. They've delivered about 50-55 vehicles so far(I'm assuming most of them were diesel and a few were Ecoboost) and have over 450-500 bookings pending for delivery with a waiting period spread across a period of 1 year.
nitish.h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 22:42   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
Here is the full(garrulous) text of the email which Ford sent me.

"This mail is in continuation to our earlier correspondence & telecom discussion that we had with your good self-regarding the concern you had raised with us.

We sincerely hope necessary clarifications are provided to you during our telecom. However we once again wish to inform you through this mail is that Ford dealerships around the country have started accepting bookings to meet enthusiastic demand of the Eco Sport and the accessories & insurance quoted are given to understand by our dealership are purely our valuable customers choice/option.

We had instructed our dealership to extend the required assistance to your kind self in this regard.

For more detailed clarity on this required if any please feel free to contact Mr. Deekshith CRM on 9900030149 , Mr. Desikachar Sales Manager on 9900030178 of Elite Ford /us for any further clarification.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times"

You can actually take a copy of this if you don't want to go through the hassle of contacting Ford. If they still do not back down, then contact Ford. Dealers make enough extra money through the charges they levy for registration etc. Let us at least put up a fight where we can.
This is excellent, thank you! I've decided to wait until closer to the delivery date before bringing it up with them. I don't want this to cause any further delays! What do you reckon?
Old 25th July 2013, 22:48   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranhere View Post
Wow.. you are possibly the only person who has driven the much elusive 1.5 MT Petrol ... timelines on delivery?
Thank you !
It Seems like that. I too had been waiting to hear about the engine from someone and I couldn't find any talks about it anywhere. I somehow got lucky to have driven it. Also, this is my choice too on the engine because of a lot of my constraints.
I wont be able to talk a lot about its performance since the TD was less than 2 Kilometers with a lot of turns and it was all over within 5 minutes. I couldn't find a good stretch to even push the throttle to an extent. Also, I had to drive sanely since my parents were sitting right behind me.

The low-end seems pretty decent and I was happy with the response of the engine. However, the steering lacks feedback. The pull was effortless and the power delivery is somewhat linear until about 4k. I couldn't push it beyond that. Also, pulling upwards from 3rd gear from speeds below 20kmph (While crossing a road hump) seemed like a little struggle. If there's even a slight ascent or the road hump is larger, you'll have to shift down to 2nd and pull it up a little.
I've been driving a Hyundai Santro for a while now and compared to that, the ecosport's engine seemed a lot more responsive and quick. Low-End and Mid-Range delivery seemed better on the ecosport.

In a few words I can say, it feels like an extended hatchback and it's perfect for the city use and occasional short road trips.

I've mentioned about the delivery time periods of dealerships in one of my two previous posts.
Hope I helped to some extent at least.
nitish.h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 23:56   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneld View Post
This is excellent, thank you! I've decided to wait until closer to the delivery date before bringing it up with them. I don't want this to cause any further delays! What do you reckon?
Yes. Take it up only once they allocate the car and ask you for payment. Ask them to mail you the VIN, Chassis and Engine numbers. Once they mail you, you have proof that the car has been allocated to you. When you make the payment make it without the insurance. If they create any nuisance at this point, you have proof from the mail that they allocated the car and are now backtracking illegally. You can take it up with Ford or consumer court in the worst case with proof of their malpractice. But I am sure it wont come to that. At that point they will give in and let you take the insurance from outside.

By the way it happened today that the SA of the dealer who is taking care of the registration of my Ecosport called me today for the insurance cover letter. I mailed my copy and he panicked saying, "Sir, how did you take insurance from outside? Do you have any letter that says you are allowed to take insurance from outside?". I explained to him that I had gone to great lengths, spoken to Ford and their own customer relationship manager about the insurance and should they create any trouble now, the consequences will be severe. He relented and said, "Now there is no way we can do anything Sir, I am sending the documents right away."

Hopefully that is the last of the insurance story and am looking forward to a smooth delivery next week.
Old 26th July 2013, 00:28   #2923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Yesterday evening dropped at Riddhi Ford for a test drive of ecosport.
The dealership appeared tackling with the costumer queries regarding deliveries.
Also I was told 3 month waiting for diesel variant.
Your visit validates the fact that they've got further inventories pouring in, great news for me

3 Months waiting period for Diesel, I was told the same when I booked on 30th June but the SA is optimistic on delivering earlier. Anyhow, the initial rush has died down and there must be some cancellations so the Waiting period is ought to reduce.
Old 26th July 2013, 01:49   #2924
BHPian

OT: you know what sync could also do?!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygree...e-wheel-video/
Old 26th July 2013, 05:35   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Have a few questions:
  • For those who have bought accessories, have you been charged VAT on top of the "supposed" retail price as shown on the rate-cards?
Regards,
Sai
The essential pack rate was 3743.79. Tax (VAT )542.85
Total 3743.79

Yes, I got the freshener.
The document holder they told they'll be giving later

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th July 2013 at 14:04. Reason: Quote fixed

Most Viewed