Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2013, 14:37   #3316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

It was between 4.00pm and 4.30, around Kottivakkam (I was only travelling from Palavakkam to Thiruvanmiyur). If it was you, then nice to see you, and congratulations on the great vehicle's maiden voyage
Old 10th August 2013, 14:44   #3317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It was between 4.00pm and 4.30, around Kottivakkam (I was only travelling from Palavakkam to Thiruvanmiyur). If it was you, then nice to see you, and congratulations on the great vehicle's maiden voyage
Thanks, yup that was me, returning from a ride to Kalpaklam. Were you in a light blue Polo 1.6?
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 15:05   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Sharma View Post
Well frankly speaking, even I am a bit confused whether at this price, I should be trying out other options as well. ( I feel it is a bit small in size, for this price range)I have booked a diesel Titanium model and waiting period is around 4 months.
Experts! any suggestions?.
My requirements:
1. Family size 3 90% of the time. Though in laws can join occasionally.
2. Safety.
3. Performance
4. Looks.
For long outings, Ecosport is strictly for 3-4 adults. I say this because you will also need to use part of your rear seat for some luggage, boot being not that great. You can have a luggage carrier but must be experienced to do corners at low speeds to reduce risk.
Old 10th August 2013, 16:18   #3319
BHPian

Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

This is a thread dedicated to the aftermarket accessories available in India. I would request all fellow members to contribute the following information in this thread for the benefit of fellow EcoSport users like me ,as well as future prospective buyers (Sharing is caring) :-

1. Brief product detail of the aftermarket accessory
2. Supplier of the aforementioned accessory along with their address, landmark and phone number
3. Price of the product (inclusive of taxes, if not mention otherwise)
4. Initial opinion and installation procedures of the product if used ! (In terms of quality , value for money and precautions to be taken on installation - whether warranty will be void?)
5. Pictures of the product itself on installation or before that.

Why this thread?

This thread was started for the following reasons :-

1. The Ford official accessories are very expensive.
2. To find accessories which add to the looks and utility of the vehicle and is light on pocket.
3. When I researched about ecosport in the Brazilian and Chinese sites, I found Ford India has omitted certain accessories which added value to the overall package. So this thread should help to share information among fellow users in order to procure these accessories in India.
4. In order brainstorm ideas of new accessories which adds to the style as well as utility quotient of the vehicle.
5. To receive technical advice and pros & cons regarding the accessories from our expert fellow members !

To begin with I would like to share few accessories I found online (http://autofurnish.com/), I've not used their products nor have placed any order with them before but will be placing order for few accessories by next week.

The supplier is :-

Auto Furnish Customer Service
Email: support@autofurnish.com
Tel: +91 9891384854

Disclaimer :-

I've no commercial interest in any of the information shared.
And the said information is shared only for the benefit of fellow BHPians who has helped me by sharing information and other visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-head-light-tail-light-chrome-set-4-pcs.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-handle-cover-chrome-set.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-fog-light-cover-chrome.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-rear-reflector-cover-chrome-set-set-2-pcs.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-front-grill-chrome-3-piece-lower-one.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-view-mirror-cover-chrome-set-2-pcs.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-petrol-tank-cover.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-gear-ring-chrome.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-rear-bumper-plate-chrome.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-front-bumper-grill-trim-chrome.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-eco-sport-front-window-garnish-chrome-set.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 10th August 2013 at 16:47.
Old 10th August 2013, 16:35   #3320
BHPian

hey fellow BHPians,

I would request you to please share information of any aftermarket accessories (not the official ford ones !!!) you have installed on EcoSport in the following thread fro our mutual benefit and to compartmentalise the discussion.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ble-india.html
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 16:39   #3321
BHPian

Yesterday I had a small discussion with a machine supplier. He said Ford is exploring all options to run their plant in all three shifts. Obviously to cut down the Ecosport waiting period. The news is not authenticated.
Old 10th August 2013, 16:48   #3322
BHPian

I personally dont feel all they chrome accessories add any value to the car.
It rather spoils the stock look of the car.
Its my personal opinion that after market chrome products look cheap.

By the way apart from these i have seen front and rear bull bars in the after market for the EcoSport.
satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 16:50   #3323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Received a call from Ford Chennai Plant yesterday evening but I missed it.

Anyone else got a call from the Chennai plant ?

Also, the already owners of the EcoSport, did you guys get a call from them before the delivery?

This is a nice initiative by Ford to check the proxy deliveries!
No, we didn't!
Old 10th August 2013, 16:55   #3324
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I personally dont feel all they chrome accessories add any value to the car.
It rather spoils the stock look of the car.
Its my personal opinion that after market chrome products look cheap.

By the way apart from these i have seen front and rear bull bars in the after market for the EcoSport.

I do agree with you when you said more chrome spoils the stock car!

But I have taken an Ambiente model in Black, without the Chrome grill upfront it doesn't look upmarket and the poor plastic quality is highlighted!
For such cases chrome is essential. Ya but too much Chrome is too bad!

Could you share the details?
Old 10th August 2013, 17:40   #3325
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the delivery lead times as of today in Bangalore. I'am interested in Titanium Diesel. Need to book one.
Old 10th August 2013, 18:39   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Any updates on the delivery lead times as of today in Bangalore. I'am interested in Titanium Diesel. Need to book one.
As of yesterday for Titanium Diesel it is 8-9 months. Ambiente 1-1.5 months and TREND 2 months.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 18:47   #3327
Senior - BHPian

In Coimbatore, Rajshree ford SA told me that a certain colour ambiente tdci can be delivered within a week, and other tdci models more than 2 months.
Old 10th August 2013, 19:11   #3328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
As of yesterday for Titanium Diesel it is 8-9 months. Ambiente 1-1.5 months and TREND 2 months.
It has come down from 12 months to 8-9 months now. Need to wait for some more time.
Old 10th August 2013, 19:14   #3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post

Anyone else got a call from the Chennai plant ?

Also, the already owners of the EcoSport, did you guys get a call from them before the delivery?
Yep, I did get a call from a Chennai number asking about my booking details. But before I could vent my frustration of not getting the vehicle despite pre-booking on 14th June, the call got disconnected :(
Old 10th August 2013, 20:13   #3330
BHPian

I have been driving my Trend Chill metallic EcoSport close to two weeks and here are my few observations:

- TCDi engine is much smoother and quieter than i expected.
- Noise and Vibration are well controlled for Diesel engine.
- I have been driving with very light foot so managed to get FE of 17.4 kms for ltr of diesel. I expect it to settle down to 16 once i can stretch her a bit. This is completely in city with 50% in AC. Tand full to full method.
- Driving seat is not comfortable, its narrow and gets tiring after extended drive
- Music system display is horrible. Cannot see in sun, i literally need to lean over the screen , hide it from glare to read it.
- All tracks on USB are shown together, you can filter the folder but not easiest thing to do. I wish it showed folder and i could jump from one folder to another with a dedicated button rather than going through menu. With screen not visible in sun and folder jumping not so simple , my listening music in car has gone down. In addition USB placement is horrible, right under the display. Luckily Sandisk fit USB drive does not come in way of display but they could have chosen better place. Aux is placed quite appropriately but i dont use that much.
- Doors are heavy, super heavy. No new person close it in one go. I like it.
- Gets auto locked after certain speed which is good but does not lock from inside which is terrible with kids. I have car seat in wife's car but i cannot have car seat in each car.
- Over all a superb car.
Rodeo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed