Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 14:02   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Well I'm in search for that too.
There is a provision for DRL's in the headlamp.
I think they would give it only as a part of facelift maybe 3 years down the lane.

Please do update us if you have any information regarding sourcing the same!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And also found the Car cover for EcoSport on Rediff shopping online

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/p...sport/11472092

I wouldn't touch rediff or indiatimes shopping with a barge pole! Have had lousy experiences with them. Order not delivered for weeks, when delivered it wasnt what i paid for, took for ever to get the return formalities completed and took a good couple of months after all this to get my refund!
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 14:10   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
7100 KMS update :

Mine is a prebooked Ecosport TDCi that got delivered a month back and has done 7100 kms so far. Car is good (overall).

-It can definitely can do with more power, I could feel the difference with 4 on board and without AC being sprightly than 5 On board with AC ON.
Can you mention if it was during normal overtaking maneuvers or at high speed overtakes you felt this additional need for power ? I wish Ford had given it a few extra horses too,but for the most part i.e overtakes upto 80km/hr I found the power enough Never got to try a high speed overtake thanks to the attention this vehicle has gathered.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:17   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Which tyres does your Ecosport have? What was the fuel efficiency of the whole trip?

Also, how about some larger images?

I have the OE MRF's and I am quite happy with it.May be they are not the best.But I feel that the apprehension about your tyres - half the thing is in the mind. Once you have the feeling that they're not good,it's better to change it.

About the images - I'm not sure how to post larger images

The FE -It was about 18 for the whole trip.The overall FE which was 19.2 before the trip came down to 18.8 after the trip.

Last edited by jojoinassi : 13th August 2013 at 14:23. Reason: too answer one more query
Old 13th August 2013, 14:38   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I have the OE MRF's and I am quite happy with it.May be they are not the best.But I feel that the apprehension about your tyres - half the thing is in the mind. Once you have the feeling that they're not good,it's better to change it.
I haven't gotten the delivery of my Ecosport yet. I have booked a T(O), so I should be getting the Goodyears with my car. Lets see.
Old 13th August 2013, 15:32   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
I don't think you should compare Ecosport with Hatches as that is not fair to the hatches. My comparison is with Sedans that are similarly priced. My parents have an Chevy Optra and that zips about like a rocket. Others that I have driven like the Rapid/Vento/City etc that are in a similar price range seem to have more power. But of course my Ecosport gived me more fuel efficiency than the other cars that I have mentioned and I am very happy about that.
I agree with you that Ecosport diesel is not as powerful as Vento/Rapid/Optra. Again just like comparing ecosport to hatch is not fair, the comparison to Sedans is also not fair.

The Engine can be said powerful or not when compared with Duster 85PS. That said even when compared to Hatches,i would not call ecosport a rocket. I would say it as one of the good drive able engines. This doesnt mean Ecosport is under powered. Just see F1, Renault engines are not as powerful as Merc or Ferrari, but they are far more drive able.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:07   #3396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I own EcoBoost and have driven the diesel. Between the two lack of power in diesel is evident. I know this is not a fair comparison.
I test drove both the Ecoboost variant and the Diesel variant and my reaction was the opposite. Inside the city, I felt the Ecoboost version to be lacking in power and I had to keep downshifting a lot. Probably due to the heavy turbo lag. The Diesel on the other hand, flet quite peppy and drivable.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:37   #3397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
About the images - I'm not sure how to post larger images.
OT:
This thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html in general, and post#4 in particular, should help you with that.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 17:05   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

I test drove both the Ecoboost variant and the Diesel variant and my reaction was the opposite. Inside the city, I felt the Ecoboost version to be lacking in power and I had to keep downshifting a lot. Probably due to the heavy turbo lag. The Diesel on the other hand, flet quite peppy and drivable.
I also felt the same. Infact I have taken 4 TD's for ecoboost and tdci back to back and it has always been the case. I just find the ecoboost to be tad more powerful after 100. The linear torque or the lack of turbo kick makes one feel that it has inadequate power. My baleno seems much less powerful and slower as compared to 1.5 tdci.
Moreover in one of the test drives we had total passenger weight(4 ppl) to be around 400 kgs and still the diesel was peppy till 100-120.
Old 13th August 2013, 17:14   #3399

Quote:

About the images - I'm not sure how to post larger images

The FE -It was about 18 for the whole trip.The overall FE which was 19.2 before the trip came down to 18.8 after the trip.
Is this the diesel ecosport?. Please also share how many ppl were there in the car. And did you find the power adequate for uphill climbs or steep slopes?.
Old 13th August 2013, 19:57   #3400
Senior - BHPian

I had booked my Titanium TDCI Mars Red on 26th June from Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and they had given me an estimated delivery date of Aug end or first week of september. Visited them yesterday and now they are citing a two week delay due to the glow plug issue due to which they didnt get proper stocks this month

Now i need to wait for 1 more month, they haven't asked for any premium or forced to buy any accessories but were giving stupid reasons like we receive mars red in low numbers etc, had to be stern and told them that i need my car by 14 sept at all costs. Didnt try to use any influence or short cuts so far but if i dont get my car by mid sep, i will have to find a way out.

Surprising part was that atleast 8-9 white Ecosport's were parked outside and all were 1.5 P models. Seems Ford has started shipping out the 1.5 P models in good numbers now.
Old 13th August 2013, 20:02   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I test drove both the Ecoboost variant and the Diesel variant and my reaction was the opposite. Inside the city, I felt the Ecoboost version to be lacking in power and I had to keep downshifting a lot. The Diesel on the other hand, flet quite peppy and drivable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I also felt the same. Infact I have taken 4 TD's for ecoboost and tdci back to back and it has always been the case.
+1 to this. I felt the exact same too,the ecoboost simply didn't impress for all the hype around it. The 1.2tsi was much,much better if I were to make a apples to apples comparison. The tdci felt peppy within city and upto 80 km/hr. I wasn't able to test it beyond that.

Quote:
Moreover in one of the test drives we had total passenger weight(4 ppl) to be around 400 kgs and still the diesel was peppy till 100-120.
Note:I know we aren't allowed to discuss over-speeding on the forum,request the mods take it as an exception.

Did you get a chance to test beyond that ? especially with 4 on-board. That would qualify as a "high-speed" overtake may be.
Old 13th August 2013, 20:04   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Sharma View Post
Is this the diesel ecosport?. Please also share how many ppl were there in the car. And did you find the power adequate for uphill climbs or steep slopes?.
Yes it's diesel

There were 2 of us with lots of luggage .(in fact, i found the 60:40 split seats quite useful this time)

The power was adequate - though there were quite a few steep ones which required tackling in the first gear
Old 13th August 2013, 20:47   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall, came back mighty impressed..I am attaching some snaps too
Wondering why the pics are looking like thumbnails. Is there anyway you can enlarge them ?

Ecosport looks stunning in wet and green munnar landscape
Old 13th August 2013, 22:47   #3404
BHPian

Has any TBHPian taken delivery of a 1.5P model? Thinking of booking one, but very eager to hear the experience before I take the plunge
Old 13th August 2013, 22:51   #3405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Has any TBHPian taken delivery of a 1.5P model? Thinking of booking one, but very eager to hear the experience before I take the plunge
I saw a bunc h ofEcosport petrols lined up for delivery at Elite Ford's service center. Attaching a pic of a 1.5P Trend. So you should very soon have someone who can tell you about the 1.5P engine.

Also attaching a couple of pics of my ecosport from my Coorg trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1081978_10151867772349225_2078270946_n.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1078106_10151867772099225_856122438_n.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco_petrol.jpg  

Last edited by sup? : 13th August 2013 at 23:02.
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks