Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:13   #3541
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw1 View Post
Apparently booking has been halted for the automatic variant at (at least) : Shreeji Ford (thane), AVK Ford (Powai) - Mumbai. Still waiting for someone to answer my calls at Wasan and SC Ford.
SC Ford has stopped taking bookings for Titanium (Diesel) , Titanium O (Diesel), AT variant and Some petrol variants. This is what the sales guy there (Prathamesh) told me.

I have booked mine with SC ford on 21st July. Titanium (o) Diesel, Mars Red. The SA is asking me to switch to Titanium if I want the delivery by 9th September i.e. on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:36   #3542
BANNED

All the petrol variants and diesel top spec (O) bookings have been halted.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/354...gs-paused.aspx
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:07   #3543
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Bookings Stopped Temporarily

Heard from one of my friends' relative who works as a Regional GM-Sales for Ford India that most of the top end models especially the Titanium (O) models have been allocated for the export segment. Since the rupee has depreciated to 65 levels, they want to make most of it in the export segment. The margin per car in the export segment is growing with every fall in the rupee (don't forget that the Ecosport has around 65% localisation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Link to News Section

Unable to service the stiff demand for the Ford EcoSport, many Indian dealers of the American car maker have temporarily stopped accepting bookings for the crossover. While some Ford dealers aren't taking fresh bookings for the base-diesel model of the crossover, other dealers have stopped accepting bookings for the mid and top end variants of the EcoSport.

Attachment 1127955

While the 1.5 liter petrol engined model of the EcoSport seems unaffected by high demand, bookings of the top-end EcoBoost engined model are also said to be stopped at certain dealers. Waiting periods for the EcoSport range from a few weeks at certain parts of India, to as much as 8-12 months (for select variants) in most other parts of the country.

The stoppage in bookings at the dealer level seems to be prompted by the car maker, who is seeking to gain control over the growing waiting periods. The stoppage of bookings is at odds with Ford India Managing Director, Mr Joginder Singh's statements. Mr Singh, in an May 2013 interview to BusinessStandard, had this to say,

The crossover is available with three engine and two transmission options. A 1.5 liter naturally aspirated petrol unit, a 1 liter turbo petrol unit and a 1.5 liter turbo diesel motor are the three engine options on the EcoSport. A 5 speed manual gearbox is standard on all three engines while the 1.5 liter petrol motor gets a dual clutch 6 speed automatic gearbox as an option.

The EcoSport is sold in 10 different variants, spanning across the 3 engine options. The crossover is built at Ford India's Maramalainagar factory, off Chennai, with a localization level of about 70%. Ford India also exports the EcoSport to markets across the globe. Eventually, the EcoSport will be Ford India's biggest export driver, taking over the mantle from the Figo hatchback.

The Ford EcoSport is manufactured across three locations, Brazil, China and India, with the fourth location, Thailand, to begin production soon. While the Brazilian facility will cater to Latin American markets, the Chinese facility will cater largely to local demand. India will be an export hub catering to Middle Eastern and European markets while the Thai facility will focus on the Far East.

Source Profit.NDTV
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:12   #3544
BHPian

Finally started spotting Ford EcoSport in Pune-PCMC areas. In the past two-three days, I have seen more than 10 vehicles. Most of them are white. The vehicle is a head turner for sure.
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:31   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hi all,

A got a call yesterday by Ford dealership to make the payment for Ecoport D Titanium (O).
the vehicle is in transit. time for yet another experience with Ford
Hi Ruchir,

Can you please let me know when did you make the booking? Also, did you get call from Ford's Chennai plant for confirming your booking? If yes, how many days later your dealer asked you to make the payment?
Apologies for too many questions, I just want to estimate the time between call from Ford's plant and the delivery.

Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:35   #3546
BHPian

In Guwahati booking of all petrol variant except Titanium (O) has been stopped. Diesel booking are still on...
Old 23rd August 2013, 14:37   #3547
Distinguished - BHPian

Surely Sony must have been aware of the huge amount of interest in this car? In fact, surely they must have worked hard to create/maintain that interest. How then, could they not have been more ready for the launch? Suspending bookings and one-year delivery dates is the best possible present they could be giving to other manufacturers. People are just going to walk away.
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:05   #3548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I feel hill assist must be a mandatory feature for all 4 wheelers to be sold.
In slow traffic people keep rolling back on Culverts and humps while there is no way for you to know a hump exists in bumper to bumper traffic. When you try maintain distance, there are two wheelers that fill that gap.
At least it is a 'definitely required' feature for all the steep ramps I see most malls and hotels in Bangalore (and surely other cities) have.. When exit ramps choke up due to traffic just outside the exit (total mall in Soul Space, Outer Ring Road an example in B'lore), revving the engine out of the engine bay on 1st gear is the only way to keep the car moving forward.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th August 2013 at 03:46. Reason: Edited on request.
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:52   #3549
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Bookings Stopped Temporarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Heard from one of my friends' relative who works as a Regional GM-Sales for Ford India that most of the top end models especially the Titanium (O) models have been allocated for the export segment. Since the rupee has depreciated to 65 levels, they want to make most of it in the export segment. The margin per car in the export segment is growing with every fall in the rupee (don't forget that the Ecosport has around 65% localisation).
I too was converted to Ecoboost Titanium from originally booked Titanium-O variant because of the uncertainity in delivery periods of Tit-O. Now I will be taking delivery of Titanium variant next week.

Another good reason would be the thin margins Ford makes in the Tit-O variant compared to fairly good margins in Titanium variant. Tit-O variant gives 4 additional airbags and leather seats just for 45k and I am sure 4 airbags will cost more than that 45k. Isn't it?
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:02   #3550
Senior - BHPian

Eventually the interest will wear off this car, I'm guessing much like for the Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (which are now available at much lesser waiting period and almost off the shelves, respectively)..

Personally I'm not so keen on this vehicle now as the diesel is not adequately powered for highways and EcoBoost fuel efficiency with triple digits speeds is suspectfully in single digits (and city no great shakes either for a 1 litre engine). Petrol prices' constant fluctuation due to market forces and demands doesn't help either.

Huge waiting period timelines have always put off people for most car makers, except probably for Maruti Suzuki Swift.
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:06   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Does any variant of Ecosport have a cabin filter to filter out dust/pollen etc ? Some how not able to find this in this long thread.
Old 24th August 2013, 12:44   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Eventually the interest will wear off this car, I'm guessing much like for the Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (which are now available at much lesser waiting period and almost off the shelves, respectively)..

Personally I'm not so keen on this vehicle now as the diesel is not adequately powered for highways and EcoBoost fuel efficiency with triple digits speeds is suspectfully in single digits (and city no great shakes either for a 1 litre engine). Petrol prices' constant fluctuation due to market forces and demands doesn't help either.

Huge waiting period timelines have always put off people for most car makers, except probably for Maruti Suzuki Swift.
Hi Ajay,

I totally agree with you that it is really difficult to wait for that long. One looses the interest of buying a new car, and if on the way any other new car comes in than decision making can surelly change.

I got my Titamium D model booked on 17th June. Initially I was told that I will get the car by end July which later on shifted to early August and now finally (hopefully) I will be getting the car around 30th August.

With this frustrating wait despite my pre-booking I have already lost my interest in buying this car and no body in our family is excited for it. It seems that I should have not wasted nearly 3 months and should have gone ahead in buying something else.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 15:18   #3553
BHPian

Are the speakers in Ecosport 5.25" size ?
Old 24th August 2013, 18:28   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
SC Ford has stopped taking bookings for Titanium (Diesel) , Titanium O (Diesel), AT variant and Some petrol variants. This is what the sales guy there (Prathamesh) told me.

I have booked mine with SC ford on 21st July. Titanium (o) Diesel, Mars Red. The SA is asking me to switch to Titanium if I want the delivery by 9th September i.e. on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi.

I booked Titanium (o) Silver Diesel on June 27th with SC Ford and still haven't received a date of delivery. By my math I should have gotten at least the delivery date by now but then looking at the experience of others here I may have to wait beyond Sept. Any idea when Ford may start to raise prices of the ecosport. I am sure given the rupee's decline margins which are already thin must be hurting. I expect to see a price rise on Jan 1 (6 months after launch).

Last edited by wysiwyg25 : 24th August 2013 at 18:38.
Old 24th August 2013, 20:49   #3555
BHPian

Has anyone installed the DRL's yet?
Or anyone has information about where the OEM DRL's could be sourced from in India?

Most Viewed