Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 13:58   #3616
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi I own a ecosport titanium, driven over 2500 kms. city mileage showing around 9 and highways it went upto 12.5, ive been driving below 2000 rpms. could someone pl. tell me if this is a bad mileage compared to other ecosports.

thanks
srini

Mod note - There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2013 at 01:23. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 14:34   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hi I own a ecosport titanium, driven over 2500 kms. city mileage showing around 9 and highways it went upto 12.5, ive been driving below 2000 rpms. could someone pl. tell me if this is a bad mileage compared to other ecosports.

thanks
srini
You did not mention whether its a petrol or diesel. With either of them (assuming petrol is the ecoboost), you might want to stay in the turbo zone, that way the FE is maximised. Also, make sure you do not ride the clutch. I guess 9kmpl is pretty low for a diesel and ok for a petrol. But the FE might increase as you pile on more kms. My Rapid TDi gave me 9.5kmpl for its first tankful, but the car was used for short distances and in very heavy traffic for most of the times.
Old 27th August 2013, 14:36   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
You did not mention whether its a petrol or diesel. With either of them (assuming petrol is the ecoboost), you might want to stay in the turbo zone, that way the FE is maximised. Also, make sure you do not ride the clutch. I guess 9kmpl is pretty low for a diesel and ok for a petrol. But the FE might increase as you pile on more kms. My Rapid TDi gave me 9.5kmpl for its first tankful, but the car was used for short distances and in very heavy traffic for most of the times.
Hi SOrry its a diesel one.

REgards
Srinivas
Old 27th August 2013, 15:39   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SOrry its a diesel one.

REgards
Srinivas
How did you measure the mileage? 9 KMPL/12 KMPL for a diesel is way too low.
Old 27th August 2013, 15:41   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
How did you measure the mileage? 9 KMPL/12 KMPL for a diesel is way too low.
I havent checked it manually, this is what is shown in my display.

Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 16:39   #3621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please use the tried-and-tested tankful to tankful method and let us know. Those mileages are low for the 1.5 diesel, even on our rubbish roads and traffic.

1) Are you riding the clutch? (half clutch, slipping the clutch, resting your foot on the clutch pedal)
2) Are you lugging the engine? (i.e. letting the RPM drop too low in a gear instead of changing to a lower gear)
Old 27th August 2013, 16:55   #3622

Dear Bhpians!,

Happy to share with you that i took delivery of my Titanium marsred diesel ecosport this Friday.

Will share my experience soon.

Rgds,
Arvind
Old 27th August 2013, 17:18   #3623
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
I don't think that would be an accurate figure. As suggested by many folks in T-BHP, Please follow tank-tank method for calculating the mileage. You don't have to conclude anything on your car or on your driving at the moment
Old 27th August 2013, 18:25   #3624
BHPian

looks like no hopes for new booking, here is the response from live chat on ford website.

-----------------

Please wait for a Ford Consultant to respond. All Consultants are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A consultant will be with you shortly.
You will be assisted by 'Rahul'
Rahul: Welcome To Ford India! How may I assist you today?
raj: hi
Rahul: Hello. Is there anything I may help you with?
raj: its about ecosport
raj: i heard you guys have stopped taking booking for ecosport
raj: i enquired with pune dealer
Rahul: In view of the high number of orders already logged in and the extended customer waiting periods, Ford dealerships are not accepting any new orders for the following EcoSport variants:
Rahul: 1.5P Ambiente
Rahul: 1.5P Trend
Rahul: 1.5P Titanium MT
Rahul: 1.5P Titanium AT
Rahul: 1.0P Titanium MT
Rahul: 1.5D Titanium(O)
raj: could you please let me know by when are you planning to repoen booking for the same
Rahul: As of now there is no such updates on this sir.
raj: ohh ok thank you
Rahul: Is there anything else I may help you with?
raj: no thank you
Rahul: Thank you for visiting us. To speak to us again, you may visit us at www.india.ford.com, anytime between 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Rahul: Thank you for your time. I hope I was of assistance to you. Have a nice day! Good-bye.
Due to No Response received, the session has been terminated by the operator.
Your session will be initiated shortly.
------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordchat.jpg  

Old 27th August 2013, 20:24   #3625
BHPian

I had pre-booked Mars Red/Diamond White Ford EcoSport 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium from MetroFord, St. Marks Road, Bangalore on 22nd June. After following up numerous times with no definite delivery dates, I escalated the issue to Ford customer service, GM of Metro Ford and President's helpdesk. Got a call today and they told me that delivery will be done by oct end. To be honest I am flabbergasted by this situation.

To pre-book a car and then get it after more than 4 months is something unheard of. Not sure what to do. Trying to be patient as had been waiting for the car for the past 1 year but this attitude/delay from Ford has killed all my excitement and am wondering if I made the right choice. Sometimes I think that I would have been happier had I gone with Amaze.
Anand2712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 20:32   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
looks like no hopes for new booking, here is the response from live chat on ford website.
This actually seems like a pre-defined set of Q&A information that Ford has distributed to the Customer Care departments. I think they have an answer kept ready for almost all kinds of questions that a customer might ask them regarding the Ecosport/any other car.

Copy and Paste Zindabaad !
nitish.h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:27   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
I had pre-booked Mars Red/Diamond White Ford EcoSport 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium from MetroFord, St. Marks Road, Bangalore on 22nd June. After following up numerous times with no definite delivery dates, I escalated the issue to Ford customer service, GM of Metro Ford and President's helpdesk. Got a call today and they told me that delivery will be done by oct end. To be honest I am flabbergasted by this situation.

To pre-book a car and then get it after more than 4 months is something unheard of. Not sure what to do. Trying to be patient as had been waiting for the car for the past 1 year but this attitude/delay from Ford has killed all my excitement and am wondering if I made the right choice. Sometimes I think that I would have been happier had I gone with Amaze.

I have personally resolved that I will not follow up with the dealer or with Ford, not ask for the delivery date, not get frustrated that things are getting delayed. I know my car is coming. No point scrapping my way to a new car. I don't think it will lead to a good taste in the mouth at the end and will mar the overall ownership experience. I want at least to have a smooth and happy purchase experience. So I am taking a deep breath and waiting it out. :-)
HighwayBuddha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:54   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Sometimes I think that I would have been happier had I gone with Amaze.
I'm in the same boat as you. Amaze ticked almost all boxes in my check-list. However, when I went to have a look at the car, the build quality did not inspire confidence at all. The boot lid looked like made of soda cans, doors closed with a clink and not with a thud, and long delivery period put me off. Ecosport is almost in the same price band but has better design and build quality. However, long delivery period is certainly an issue which is putting many prospective buyers away. If only Mr. Singh were right about "churning as many Ecosports as market wants"
Old 28th August 2013, 11:22   #3629
BHPian

Today I got a call from Ford dealer, she says they are taking bookings for Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Diesel Ambiente and 1.5 TDCi Diesel Trend
joeblack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 17:06   #3630
BHPian

With the slide in the rupee -dollar value. Do we see a change in the price of a booked Ford Ecosport? Or would it be that the company would have hedged the price? I had booked a Titanium( O ) with delivery schedule in November. Do you think i would have to shell out more, if so do you think it would be better to stretch the same and buy some other vehicle?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks