Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 20:10   #3631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
With the slide in the rupee -dollar value. Do we see a change in the price of a booked Ford Ecosport? Or would it be that the company would have hedged the price? I had booked a Titanium( O ) with delivery schedule in November. Do you think i would have to shell out more, if so do you think it would be better to stretch the same and buy some other vehicle?
I feel Ford will not increase prices on the 1.5 Petrol and Diesel models so soon, since these variants are highly indigenized, with over 70% domestic content. Both engines are manufactured in India. The Diesel models are also more comfortably priced for Ford. However, on the Ecoboost versions, there is a high likelihood of a price rise, since this engine is imported and the Ecoboost versions are more aggressively priced right now.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 20:28   #3632
BHPian

I also contemplate the same as price of Ecoboost is likely to go up soon just because of its high import content i.e the engine. Unfortunately I am one of the Ecoboost (T) optee, booked a month n half ago still waiting for any firm commitment on date from the dealer.
Out of frustration today went to TD the maruti Ertiga and Safari Storm. I know they are all vehicles in very different segment. Ertiga a very sensible vehicle but not as stylish or involving as ES to drive. Tata Storm is good but the size (80% city use) and Tata image and experience says me to stay away. (I own a Tata car presently)
Really really confused, should I wait or jump & buy the Ertiga, it is available Ex-stock.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 20:40   #3633
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Really really confused, should I wait or jump & buy the Ertiga, it is available Ex-stock.
Ertiga is a good overall package. Only thing I notice a bit out of sync is the rear split seat soon goes out of alignment. I mean the back rest which fold.

I can totally understand the frustration when you need to research all over again. Have you considered the Chevy Sail?
One thing I liked about Sail is the places to tuck stuffs for travel, including under the rear seat.

Edit: (OT) Mods please feel free to delete the post.

Last edited by HillMan : 28th August 2013 at 20:42.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:00   #3634
BHPian

URGENT QUERY

I have to take the delivery of my Ecosport Titanium today evening.
Iam going for insurance from my side using my previous car NCB
My dealer is only giving me VIN NO. of the car and NOT ENGINE NO. AND CHASIS NO.
He is saying that this is the only no that is required. Now my insurance agent is saying it is not possible.

Pls advise me urgently about this issue.

Thks in advance.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 13:12   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
URGENT QUERY

My dealer is only giving me VIN NO. of the car and NOT ENGINE NO. AND CHASIS NO.
He is saying that this is the only no that is required. Now my insurance agent is saying it is not possible.

Thks in advance.
Ford cars have this VIN no. which combines chassis no. as well as engine no. Dealer is right, there is only one number. I have a Figo and know it first hand.
Checked my insurance policy document. The last 7 characters of the VIN No. form the engine no. whereas the Chassis no. is whole VIN no. written there.

Last edited by shipnil : 29th August 2013 at 13:15.
Old 29th August 2013, 13:26   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Ford cars have this VIN no. which combines chassis no. as well as engine no. Dealer is right, there is only one number. I have a Figo and know it first hand.
Checked my insurance policy document. The last 7 characters of the VIN No. form the engine no. whereas the Chassis no. is whole VIN no. written there.
Thks Shipnil. Will speak to my insurance agent.
Old 29th August 2013, 14:13   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
URGENT QUERY

Thks in advance.
Nice to know that you are getting insurance done yourself. It must be stressed here that getting insurance done is not a pain at all. It is just a small effort that goes a long way in saving some 15-20K.

For the benefit of others who are in two minds you just need to know that it is very easy. You just have to get the VIN no and contact an insurance agent. They would take car of the rest, and getting a cover note is just a matter of hours. You can give a copy of the cover note to the dealer for him to do the registration. It is that simple. Even I was in half mind to go with the dealer option, but with the altercations I had with the dealer regarding allocation, i decided not to give them a penny more than what is mandatory.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:44   #3638
BHPian

Just got my Team-BHP membership approved! My sincere thanks to all the the moderators for this privilege.
Firstly Congratulations to all members who have managed to get their hands on their Ecosports. Wish you guys all the very best!

Alas, I'm still waiting for mine. Had pre-booked the 1.5 D Titanium(O) Diamond White on 20th June at Caculo Ford in Goa. From then on its been a long wait. Was promised delivery 3rd week of August. But till now no sign. Now dealer claims he cannot promise me a delivery date as Ford India has not dispatched any Ecosports in Titanium(O) trim. I dont know what the real story is. Since there was no Centralized and automated Booking process implemented by Ford India, there is no transparency and that leaves room for manipulation of the booking process. Ford India knew that there would be a huge booking surge and should have taken pre-emptive steps to streamline the booking process.

Finally i emailed Ford India about my predicament. Received a reply saying "my concern" has been noted and the issue will be taken up with the dealership and a revertal shall be made soon. I still have faith in FORD INDIA. Keeping my fingers crossed till then!
Old 29th August 2013, 18:43   #3639

Hello all, just joined Team BHP and am very pleased to be part of this great forum!

I booked an Ecoboost Titanium(O) Moondust Silver with Lathangi Ford Bangalore on 21 of July and was given an estimated time of delivery of 10 months. Even got a call last week confirming this. I didn't bother to chase them. And then I got another call 2 days back saying that my car is in transit and, "could you pls submit all documents?" etc. And now, (surprise surprise!) they seem to be in a hurry to deliver the car to me! (Month-end pressure??)

Guys, should I be worried? I plan to visit the dealership on Saturday - so any advice on what I should look out for / be careful about?
Old 29th August 2013, 18:53   #3640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetblr View Post
Guys, should I be worried? I plan to visit the dealership on Saturday - so any advice on what I should look out for / be careful about?
Good luck and congrats on the car.

Take a print out, and do a pre delivery check according to the list given here and you should be good to go

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Looking forward to an ownership review sometime later...
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 19:00   #3641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetblr View Post
Hello all, just joined Team BHP and am very pleased to be part of this great forum!

I booked an Ecoboost Titanium(O) Moondust Silver with Lathangi Ford Bangalore on 21 of July and was given an estimated time of delivery of 10 months. Even got a call last week confirming this. I didn't bother to chase them. And then I got another call 2 days back saying that my car is in transit and, "could you pls submit all documents?" etc. And now, (surprise surprise!) they seem to be in a hurry to deliver the car to me! (Month-end pressure??)

Congrats!

Yes, you have every right to be worried. First, ask them for the VIN no and check the manufacturing date. Second, when the car is at the dealership, do a thorough PDI. Lathangi is the worst among Bangalore Ford dealers. So it pays to be careful.

And, please don't buy insurance from the dealer.
Old 29th August 2013, 19:01   #3642

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Out of frustration today went to TD the maruti Ertiga and Safari Storm. I know they are all vehicles in very different segment. Ertiga a very sensible vehicle but not as stylish or involving as ES to drive. Tata Storm is good but the size (80% city use) and Tata image and experience says me to stay away. (I own a Tata car presently)
I am facing the very same problem because of the following issues,

1. I need a big car. I'm tired of small ones.
2. The Big car that I need should necessarily fall within my budget of Rs. 8,00,000/-
3. Except Ertiga and Ecosport, there is no other vehicle which is VFM in this price bracket.
4. Ertiga pulls you because of Maruti Service, Maruti Reliability, Engine refinement and space.
5. Ecosport beckons you because of styling, sturdiness, seating and price.

Well, I confided in my wife with this problem. And she had an instant solution. SHe said, "Let's drive them both".

We test drove the Ertiga. Engine was great, potholes couldn't be muffled, 3rd row was OK, Interiors are bland, you are assured not to have the feeling of a "new-car-owner" on Day 1 if you are used to Maruti Cars.

Then we test drove the Ecosport. Sharp features, great seating, beautiful dashboard, "Big - Car" feel, Refined engine and a great music system. My wife fell in love and Ertiga was dumped.

Now the question of waiting time arises. I'm not sure when I'll get the car but I guess I'll wait. Ertiga somehow turns me off when I see the same interiors that I've seen in the Swift, the Ritz, the New A Star etc, and I spend a good Rs. 30000 more than the Ecosport mid variant.
Old 29th August 2013, 19:39   #3643
BHPian

All BHPians,

I am driving an ES Ecoboost from past 3 weeks and have clocked 900 KMs only city driving.

I am getting an avg mileage of 9.0 Kms which is showing in the display of the car dash.
I spoke to the service adviser at Metro ford and he told that after first service the mileage would increase. I have also noticed that the mileage is increasing after 500KMs till then I used to get 8KMPL, I am a little worried as they had advertised the mileage to be 14KMPL in city and expecting atleast 12KMPL as I use AC throughout.

Can anyone who already has ecoboost help?

Thanks,
Jayanth
Old 29th August 2013, 20:01   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykc78 View Post
All BHPians,

I am driving an ES Ecoboost from past 3 weeks and have clocked 900 KMs only city driving.

I am getting an avg mileage of 9.0 Kms which is showing in the display of the car dash.
I spoke to the service adviser at Metro ford and he told that after first service the mileage would increase. I have also noticed that the mileage is increasing after 500KMs till then I used to get 8KMPL, I am a little worried as they had advertised the mileage to be 14KMPL in city and expecting atleast 12KMPL as I use AC throughout.

Can anyone who already has ecoboost help?

Thanks,
Jayanth
As far as I remember, no one has reported extraordinary FE for Ecoboost, though the technology seems & perceived to be extraordinary. If 1.5 lit petrol delivers somewhat similar FE or marginally less, it may be wise to go for that engine given the price difference & of course for 4-cylinder refinement.
Old 29th August 2013, 20:20   #3645
BHPian

For turbo engines the FE is best while driving in turbo range. You might see better efficiencies in steady moving traffic. So stay in the recommended gear for the speed.

Most Viewed