Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 20:43   #3646
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
URGENT QUERY

I have to take the delivery of my Ecosport Titanium today evening.
Iam going for insurance from my side using my previous car NCB
My dealer is only giving me VIN NO. of the car and NOT ENGINE NO. AND CHASIS NO.
He is saying that this is the only no that is required. Now my insurance agent is saying it is not possible.

Pls advise me urgently about this issue.

Thks in advance.
It is possible. I bought my first insurance for XUV through online portal www.insurancepandit.com (very competitive prices and responsive customer support). They didn't even asked me the VIN no. but to inform about the engine no. later till then a cover note was issued that is sufficient to take delivery. But just a day before delivery the sales person of Mahindra messaged me the engine no. and chassis no. for insurance and the insurance people issued me the policy right away.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 10:19   #3647
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up my Kinetic Blue EcoSport 1.5P AT on Wednesday Janmastami day.

Will post a detailed ownership review after about 10 days.

The Vehicle (Engine) SOUNDS great and if you don't like to hear the engine use the music system which too is more than decent. The FE has been 10+ pottering around the home area. expecting 12+ after about 1500 kms.

1 Litre bottles rattle - you need 1.5 Litre bottles or 500 ml ones.

More Later.
ACM is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 11:38   #3648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Picked up my Kinetic Blue EcoSport 1.5P AT on Wednesday Janmastami day.

Will post a detailed ownership review after about 10 days.

The Vehicle (Engine) SOUNDS great and if you don't like to hear the engine use the music system which too is more than decent. The FE has been 10+ pottering around the home area. expecting 12+ after about 1500 kms.

1 Litre bottles rattle - you need 1.5 Litre bottles or 500 ml ones.

More Later.
Congrats ACM! The Kinetic Blue is a really beautiful colour and one of my personal favourites. It brings out the elements of the design very well and suits the Ecosport perfectly. Looking forward to many Pics and your detailed review.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 30th August 2013, 12:24   #3649
Distinguished - BHPian

On 29th August, I took delivery of my EcoSport from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. Mine is the EcoBoost Titanium (O) in Kinetic Blue.

Timeline:
  • 20-Jun: Pre-booked, and was given a waiting period of 4-6 months at that time by the dealer.
  • Intervening period of high emotions: Fidget. Re-read the review. Ogle other EcoSports on the road. Fidget again.
  • Intervening period of low emotions: Despair. Relook other options in the market. Resign myself to the fact that none of them compare to a car I've salivated over for 1.5 years. Back to despair.
  • 08-Aug: Received the confirmation call from Ford Chennai, confirming engine, variant & colour.
  • 22-Aug: Informed by dealer that my vehicle was being dispatched for delivery in a week, asked to make the balance payment.
  • 23-Aug: Balance payment made, accessories selected.
  • 26-Aug: Vehicle registered at Jayanagar RTO.
  • 28-Aug: Policy cover note issued from Royal Sundaram. I went with the dealer-provided option for convenience.
  • 29-Aug: Took delivery. Thanks to my friends Soumya (aqualeo2040), Samarth & Liz for their help in their respective ways.
  • 29-Aug: I got the MRF tyres, so headed over to Madhu's place and exchanged 4 of them for Michelin Primacy 3ST in the stock 205/60R16 size.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20130829_003.jpg
Please ignore the mid-waist signs of prosperity in the above picture.

Accessories Chosen:
  • Engine (sump) guard.
  • Stainless steel scuff plates, without LEDs.
  • 3D rubber trunk tray.
  • Sport pedals (not fitted, due to no stock).
arunphilip is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 13:51   #3650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
On 29th August, I took delivery of my EcoSport from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. Mine is the EcoBoost Titanium (O) in Kinetic Blue. ]
Congratulations mate! Your car looks fantastic and the color looks really good.
Looking forward to your ownership thread soon. Please let us know about your experience with the Michelins.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 14:16   #3651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is the EcoBoost Titanium (O) in Kinetic Blue.
They grey and the black look good, but this makes a very nice change. Superb. Congratulations, and well done for getting such speedy delivery
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 16:21   #3652
BHPian

Quote:
On 29th August, I took delivery of my EcoSport from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. Mine is the EcoBoost Titanium (O) in Kinetic Blue.
Many Congratulations Buddy. The Kinetic Blue is my favorite color and the Ecosport looks smashing IMO in this color. I was waiting for someone to post a picture. Whenever i am moving back to India, i'm definitely getting myself a kinetic blue ecosport. More pics please.

Wish you happy miles.
kopakabana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 17:04   #3653
BHPian

So guys, finally I got the delivery of my Titanium Diesel, Diamond White yesterday late at around 8.00 PM

The delivery experience was not good. There was no one to guide me the features of the car and Iam still not aware of the features for this!

The dealer forced me upon the car care package worth 8735/-

I will post the details very soon with some pics...
Old 30th August 2013, 17:40   #3654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On 29th August, I took delivery of my EcoSport from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. Mine is the EcoBoost Titanium (O) in Kinetic Blue. [*]29-Aug: I got the MRF tyres, so headed over to Madhu's place and exchanged 4 of them for Michelin Primacy 3ST in the stock 205/60R16 size.
Congratulations on the car! I've booked white but i'm considering Kinetic Blue too. Do post lots of pics of your car,it will help many of us. Also, how much did you have to pay for the tyre swap ?

EDIT: My 1000th post

Last edited by shashank.nk : 30th August 2013 at 17:44.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:41   #3655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I've booked white but i'm considering Kinetic Blue too. Do post lots of pics of your car,it will help many of us. Also, how much did you have to pay for the tyre swap?
Sure, I'll put up some pics tomorrow evening, once I've met a friend who's good at taking photos (I'm terrible!).

I'd seen your profile pic on earlier posts, and thought you'd already got your EcoSport

Tires - the Michelin cost ₹9950 per tyre, and the buyback was ₹3000 per MRF. Net was ₹27,500 for the 4 road tires. I left the spare as MRF itself. Balancing and nitrogen filling cost another ₹500. This TopGear review helped me justify the price, especially when Yokohoma DB Drives and Continentals were cheaper.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:50   #3656

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hello all ecosport lovers and owners. there is an interesting gadget i found online. Silicone car key protection covers for Ford ecosport and other makes/model available with this guys.
https://www.facebook.com/mycarkey.in
I think this will really look good in black color with team-bhp logo (similar to team-bhp keychain)
Old 30th August 2013, 19:02   #3657
BHPian

Quote:
Tires - the Michelin cost ₹9950 per tyre, and the buyback was ₹3000 per MRF. Net was ₹27,500 for the 4 road tires. I left the spare as MRF itself. Balancing and nitrogen filling cost another ₹500. This TopGear review helped me justify the price, especially when Yokohoma DB Drives and Continentals were cheaper.
I was actually considering upgrading to Yokohoma DB but now I'm tempted to try out Michelin
will go check them out
Old 30th August 2013, 21:09   #3658
nmo
BHPian

Handed over the booking cancellation request of Ecosport 1.5P AT to AVK Ford that I had booked on June 26th. They are still not able to give any projection for delivery that seemed to be at least 3 months away. Worse, they are not even saying how many ATs were booked before my booking so I do not even know how long the queue is (I could have projected no of months by assuming that they would get allocation of 4 ATs a month).

Worse was the scene that I witnessed at the dealership of an elderly couple waiting for good 2 hours whose son had paid the full amount on assurance that they would get delivery on Aug 21st. However, no delivery has been made till date and the manager who had assured the delivery had stopped picking their calls. They were not even able to get an assurance at the dealership of exact projected delivery date, just vague assurance that they would get the next vehicle allocated to AVK Ford for the specific variant / color they had chosen. They had just one comment that their son is so desperate about buying Ecosport that he rejected his father's offer of buying him any other car of his choosing even if it costed the father more money than the OTR price of Ecosport. Since the father did not approve advance payment, the son took a loan from HDFC Bank and paid the dealership anyway. They had pre-booked Ecosport on June 12th.

I have to thank T-BHP forum members for advising me not to pay the complete amount 45 days in advance as this was an offer that was offered to me as well. I think this is all that this dealership is focusing on.

Last edited by nmo : 30th August 2013 at 21:12. Reason: grammatical mistake
nmo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 21:41   #3659

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post

Worse was the scene that I witnessed at the dealership of an elderly couple waiting for good 2 hours whose son had paid the full amount on assurance that they would get delivery on Aug 21st. However, no delivery has been made till date and the manager who had assured the delivery had stopped picking their calls.
More than dealer it actually dents Ford's credibility.... shame if Ford can't issue guidelines to their dealers for managing Ford's customers.

They should have made whole booking process transparent and online to avoid such a catastrophic chaos
Old 30th August 2013, 21:52   #3660
BHPian

after having visited almost all of the ford dealers in mumbai, i can say AVK is the most unprofessional and unethical. Make sure your case is heard at Ford, chennai. If nothing, let ford know that they lost one more customer because of it sheer incompetency in handling deliveries..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
Handed over the booking cancellation request of Ecosport 1.5P AT to AVK Ford that I had booked on June 26th. They are still not able to give any projection for delivery that seemed to be at least 3 months away. Worse, they are not even saying how many ATs were booked before my booking so I do not even know how long the queue is (I could have projected no of months by assuming that they would get allocation of 4 ATs a month).

Worse was the scene that I witnessed at the dealership of an elderly couple waiting for good 2 hours whose son had paid the full amount on assurance that they would get delivery on Aug 21st. However, no delivery has been made till date and the manager who had assured the delivery had stopped picking their calls. They were not even able to get an assurance at the dealership of exact projected delivery date, just vague assurance that they would get the next vehicle allocated to AVK Ford for the specific variant / color they had chosen. They had just one comment that their son is so desperate about buying Ecosport that he rejected his father's offer of buying him any other car of his choosing even if it costed the father more money than the OTR price of Ecosport. Since the father did not approve advance payment, the son took a loan from HDFC Bank and paid the dealership anyway. They had pre-booked Ecosport on June 12th.

I have to thank T-BHP forum members for advising me not to pay the complete amount 45 days in advance as this was an offer that was offered to me as well. I think this is all that this dealership is focusing on.

Most Viewed