Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 12:57   #4051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I think Ford has completely lost it and along with its dealers, they are running quite a headless operation.

The general rule is that you should get what you buy and if the final product has changed then by rule the customer can walk away without any obligations what so ever.

I thank fully cancelled my Ecosport booking in the first week of August after much deliberation. And honest to God, I do not feel any remorse. Had this titanium issue and price rise happened before I cancelled, I would have made them forfeit the cancellation charges.

Anyways I got the below letter from them today, at first I thought this is about the recall of my Figo but upon reading the letter I am surprised at how Ford works, how their is no cohesion at any levels. Also feel sorry for their other customers.

So I who have cancelled a month ago, gets an allotment but some other person who genuinely needs the car gets no such regard. Shameful Ford.

Oh just got a phone call as well as I was writing this post, I will get delivery in the last week of this month, she was so enthusiastic that I though of enjoying myself and assured her my payments are clear and everything is in order. Now the question I ask myself is that if I actually go for delivery will they give me the car.
Knowing the way they operate, I wouldn't be surprised if you not only get the car but also get a discount of 50k since they might assume that you've already paid a booking amount. Would be fun to see how far they go with this mockery.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 16:39   #4052
BHPian

Wow... This is now getting ridiculous. No defined waiting times, price hikes, and now they're stripping out features? Who's to say what else is taken out before the vehicle is actually delivered?

Guess it's time to start looking out for alternatives.
Old 14th September 2013, 16:52   #4053
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I'd been to Cauvery Ford today to follow up on my booking and take a TD. They have revised the already revised prices and the Titanium option now costs 11.69 on-road v/s 11.29 at the time of launch,thereby the hike is 40k for someone going in for the top variant.

Also, SA told me Ford will be reducing prices of Titanium (with deleted features) by about 15k soon, which is atleast better than maintaining the same pricing. There were many cancellations I presume, which forced them to do this.

My car is expected sometime in November though! Booked it on 26th June.

I drove the new titanium variant and it had what appeared to be black leather seats, the seat felt exactly the same as in the option varinat except this was all black, no red stitching. If ford has indeed added this, there is some respite to those who booked this variant.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 14th September 2013 at 17:00.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 17:28   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
100% agreed. The price protection should have been given to customers who have been waiting more than 2 months. Atleast buyers who booked in the first 30days till July 26th (30 days of launch) should be price protected.

They are having to pay more for no fault of theirs. Ford couldn't deliver the vehicle not that they didn't want it. Ford CEO had assured they were ready to meet the high demand expected.

This is mistreating of the customers at all levels. Leave them cornered with no where to go. Not really the best brand image being projected out there.
Agree with you.I have to pay 50k for not a fault of mine.i still believe ecosport is decent VFM but again 50k is not a small amount.Forget all these,i am ready to pay the extra 50k,give me the car ford.
Wondering if team bhp can come for some help here. In case you have any contacts of ford management,would it be possible to send a message citing examples of customer ill treatment in the forum.
I believe a message from team bhp should have a lot more weightage.
Old 14th September 2013, 17:58   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
What does this mean? Did they drop the price of Titanium or increase the price of Titanium (O)?
It means that Titanium (O) price hike remains as levied on Sept 5 but Titanium is now cheaper by 15K from the Sept 5th price hike. Hence the differential (as per GTO's post) between the Titanium and Titanium (O) is now 15K higher than before to better justify for the feature differential between the two.
Old 14th September 2013, 18:06   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I drove the new titanium variant and it had what appeared to be black leather seats, the seat felt exactly the same as in the option varinat except this was all black, no red stitching. If ford has indeed added this, there is some respite to those who booked this variant.
Thanks for the update Shashank. Did you confirm with your dealer if the leather seate in titanium came fitted from factory or was a dealer added accessory. The dealer may have put it on their test drive car.

This 15k reduction in titanium seems strange, Ford's website still reflects the hiked prices.
Meanwhile, called XUV for one final test drive tomorrow, W6 is 13.93 on road Delhi, they are offering 20k loyalty, 8 k corporate and some insurance deal. If i like the car tomorrow after an extended TD and they can get the car under 13.40 on road, might as well buy it. Our Golden retriever would be happy with the additional space for long drives.

And that marks my 1000th post

Last edited by coolboy007 : 14th September 2013 at 18:08.
Old 14th September 2013, 18:16   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks for the update Shashank. Did you confirm with your dealer if the leather seate in titanium came fitted from factory or was a dealer added accessory. The dealer may have put it on their test drive car.

This 15k reduction in titanium seems strange, Ford's website still reflects the hiked prices.
Meanwhile, called XUV for one final test drive tomorrow, W6 is 13.93 on road Delhi, they are offering 20k loyalty, 8 k corporate and some insurance deal. If i like the car tomorrow after an extended TD and they can get the car under 13.40 on road, might as well buy it. Our Golden retriever would be happy with the additional space for long drives.

I think what gto said was the gap has increased by 15k more. There wudnt be a drop in titanium variants price
Old 14th September 2013, 18:34   #4058
BHPian

Even my SA in Metro ford was sure of the reduction in price for titanium. But I doubt if they will really reduce since already the bookings are skewed towards Titanium and with a 15k reduction the gap between trend and titanium reduces further.
Old 14th September 2013, 20:01   #4059
BHPian

Phew - I cancelled the booking of 1.5 AT due to long waiting period; got the full refund for pre-booking. On to something else now. Happy EcoSporting to those who acquire one.
Old 14th September 2013, 20:50   #4060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks for the update Shashank. Did you confirm with your dealer if the leather seate in titanium came fitted from factory or was a dealer added accessory. The dealer may have put it on their test drive car.This 15k reduction in titanium seems strange, Ford's website still reflects the hiked prices.
Yes I asked them this, but they had no idea since my regular SA was on leave today. The one's who accompanied me were trainee's and the car had only the temp registration so it was new and these guys had no clue. Will check with my dealer later on and confirm. To me it didn't look like seat covers at all (saw many cars with it there) so must be OEM,though i'm not 100% sure.

Quote:
XUV will be better than the ES in almost all aspects except reliability and compactness. Hope all the niggles have been sorted out though

Quote:
Congrats on becoming a Senior-BHPian
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 21:10   #4061
Senior - BHPian

Well, now on second thoughts after my initial infatuation with the ES has worn off. At close to 11 L ( onroad) for TDCI Titanium option pack, the car does not appear to be a great bargain. The Verna 1.6 top end with all the bells and whistles is just 50-60 k more. As it is more than 4 m in length, the excise duty is much higher.Moreover, there is a higher tax on the car as the engine is more than 1.5 L.

The atrocious premium charged by Renault and Mahindra on their SUV's makes the ES look well priced. However, if you get under the skin, it is a well packaged large hatchback. Hope Hyundai and Maruti offerenings hit the showrooms soon so that the manufacturers are forced to charge a realistic price .

Last edited by rajneeesh : 14th September 2013 at 21:13.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 22:33   #4062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Well, now on second thoughts after my initial infatuation with the ES has worn off. At close to 11 L ( onroad) for TDCI Titanium option pack, the car does not appear to be a great bargain. The Verna 1.6 top end with all the bells and whistles is just 50-60 k more. As it is more than 4 m in length, the excise duty is much higher.Moreover, there is a higher tax on the car as the engine is more than 1.5 L.

The atrocious premium charged by Renault and Mahindra on their SUV's makes the ES look well priced. However, if you get under the skin, it is a well packaged large hatchback. Hope Hyundai and Maruti offerenings hit the showrooms soon so that the manufacturers are forced to charge a realistic price .
Completely agree. We desperately need the likes of Maruti and Hyundai to get in the game to put the likes of Ford and Renault in their place. Till then I'm afraid, they will make hay while the sun shines.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:40   #4063
BHPian

It's funny how after the price hike, many people who previously loved the Ecosport, now believe that it's just a beefed up hatch. The number of people who think on such lines has increased significantly.

I know the price hike so early is a bit saddening, but that doesn't change what Ecosport is. IMO, it does what it claims and it's a decent mix of features, comfort and drivability at it's price.
Abh1nav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 23:11   #4064
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post

Hi Rajneesh. Even I was thinking on the exact same lines. I'm a huge fan of Hyundai and was seriously thinking about the Verna. It has a much better cockpit fit and finish. And people like us spend more time inside the car compared to seeing it from the outside.

But well, again, given the hopeless condition of roads in Bengaluru, the Ecosport provides the much needed ground clearance and a safety aspect given its size. Moreover, in the 11L range, there is no other better option than the package which the Ecosport offers. What do you think ?
Old 15th September 2013, 00:01   #4065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
It's funny how after the price hike, many people who previously loved the Ecosport, now believe that it's just a beefed up hatch. The number of people who think on such lines has increased significantly.

I know the price hike so early is a bit saddening, but that doesn't change what Ecosport is. IMO, it does what it claims and it's a decent mix of features, comfort and drivability at it's price.
Yes amazing what a 4-5% hike can do to people's perception. Its also being played out on the cancellation front. Spoke to the GM of a mumbai dealership he mentioned 20 cancellations so far since the price hike. But he also mentioned that demand remains strong as number of folks looking to book it hasn't abated after the price hike.

Most Viewed