Old 15th September 2013, 14:30   #4081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
Beefed up hatch back?!!

It took so long to conclude like this?

It simply that grape is sour :-)

I'm driving this design innovation of this year. Drive for a day out two' you will certainly will realize it's not that small at all. I call it a innovative and one of the best package; because of that elegant and thought provoking package made for both city and highways. Recently I took my TDCI beast to Bandipur national park. Can't tell u in words how happy and smooth drive it was....

Unfortunately, all proud owners are all busy in accessories section. ..

Well the Ecsport is a great car. However it does have its limitations. A relatively small boot ( compared to full size sedans) is one. This is something which weighs on the mids of a lot of people especially when it may be the only car in the family or the other car is a smaller hatchback.

It gives you a great feel good factor, however in terms of space my Figo (Has most basic features like EBS, Airbags etc) is not too far behind and I bought my Figo at a price which is way lower than ES.

at 11 lakh ES is too much money for too small a car ( a completee change in my opinion over last 3 months. But as they say, "love is blind and one wakes up after marriage"
Old 15th September 2013, 15:25   #4082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks like the EcoSport is making the Verna, Vento and Rapid a VFM option and hard to resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Not to forget Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 multijet is being offered 1L Discount making it 10.85L OTR in Bangalore which is about 20k less than titanium
Don't we love competition. Good time if someone's in the market for a sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
They might have, if not killed, atleast sedated the goose that lays the golden eggs.
I believe companies need to learn a lesson or two from Maruti on how to sustain leadership in large volume categories (swift/dzire) for years at stretch without breaking a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
It gives you a great feel good factor, however in terms of space my Figo (Has most basic features like EBS, Airbags etc) is not too far behind and I bought my Figo at a price which is way lower than ES.
I think in general Ford has done a very good job both with Figo and Ecosport with interior space utilization which so far was mainly Honda's forte. In terms of length space, Figo is not too far from Ecosport, though definitely more width and height does make ecosport look lot more roomier inside
Old 15th September 2013, 15:49   #4083
BHPian

The two most anticipated launches of 2013 (Amaze and EcoSport) are studies in contrast.
Amaze:
1. Well designed product by Honda, time between showcase and launch was palatable
2. Delivered 30000 cars in less than 5 months, fine-tuned its production capacity to put mouth where the money is
3. Managed expectations of the customers in terms of pricing and delivery dates, communication was clear and precise
4. Created hype but not "Over-hype" about the product
5. Nominal price rise perceived as genuine by the customers after 4 months of launch

Ecosport:
1. Created over-hype with all the media blitz and campaigns which grossly Inflated the customers' expectations
2. Gave dealers free hand in managing (or mismanaging) the entire sale process right from booking, updates, allocation and delivery
3. Increased prices substantially in just over two months of launch, gave "Greedy" tag to Ford
4. Removing features in just two month's old launch speaks volumes about Ford's fidgeting strategy and incompetence of its managers
5. Gave impression that Ford is helpless and so are the customers in the hands of dealers

All the best Ford, you need to put your heads in place if you are serious about India. Otherwise you will soon be labeled as one trick pony.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:11   #4084
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I think Ford missed the mark in pricing, TWICE from their own perspective.

Their last launch - the Fiesta - was priced too high. It was eventually corrected post-launch with discounts.

The EcoSport received such an overwhelming response that Ford must've thought they priced it too low. Hence, the upward revision. 50,000 is not a small amount. It's either a years worth of diesel or 5 years of scheduled maintenance.

Both experiences leave a sour taste in the mouth for potential customers. For those with early bookings: No price protection & removing kit from the Titanium variant just makes it worse.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 16:37   #4085
Senior - BHPian

I have just returned home after collecting the refund cheque from Noida Ford. I persuaded them not to deduct the cancellation fee of Rs 3000. As per the SA, they are getting 2-3 cancellations per day . This is especially the case with Titanium & Titanium (o) variants as the delivery of these variants is way behind schedule. Moreover, even the dealership is not sure if they will b able to deliver these variants even at the new committed dates.

He also said "Sir 20% cancellations ka FOrd ko koi farak nahi padta hai.Unke pass ek saal ke liye bookings hai." This is a sad commentary on the state of affairs at Ford and is perhaps one factor that will never let it become a really big seller in India. It conveys that Ford is haappy selling 5k - 6 K cars per months ( with good maigins) rather than really become a mass player. Today no other company other than MSIL and Hyundai dares to dream reaaly big numbers as they know in their hearts that the customers may desert them for the way they have been treating them.

Only a Maruti can sell as 15000- 20000 copies each of Swift and Dzire ( or have 5-6 top products in the monthly top 10) as they know that customers will stick to them. This confidence comes from their understanding of the Indian customers with whom they have built an equity of trust and affection over the years.

Other brands sell 5- 7 k copies per month of 1-2 models for a short time till they have no competition. However, they pay for their compacency when more manufacturers join the party with competing products. One reason why most brands like Ford, Honda, Toyota and GM have not gone beyond selling 10- 15 K vehicles per month even after spending over 10-15 years in the Indian market and now having multiple products in their portfolios.

Ford keeps making these mistaakes ever so frequently. They tasted reasonable success with the Ikon anf Figo. However, the success went to their head and they killed the New Fiesta by pricing it too high . Now they are making a different kind of blunder with ES.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 15th September 2013 at 16:43.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 17:08   #4086

Got seat leather seat covers for my AT delivered today.will get them installed soon.My previous post about the delivery of my AT on 23rd august and michelin 3ST tyres was not approved and did not appear in the posts.I wonder why?Trying again because I have personally benefited from the information provided here and hence feel its my turn to give back whatever little I can.If it still does not appear Its going to be my last post.
Old 15th September 2013, 17:20   #4087
Senior - BHPian

My cousin who was looking for a new car within 11l, today finalized on ecosport. He'll be getting the titanium option, his daily running is around 100 kms on highway. He wanted a diesel car, with high speed stability, good gc and ride quality. Only cars on his list were linea and ecosport. He drove them both and found ecosport to be more comfortable for him. He'll be booking one soon. Though, I agree the price is just not vfm, but the top end still looks most vfm among the other variants and is loaded upto the brim.

We'll be booking one soon.
Old 15th September 2013, 18:28   #4088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
Got seat leather seat covers for my AT delivered today.will get them installed soon.
Where did you get the seat covers from? Is it designed to handle the side airbags? What is the material and cost?
Old 15th September 2013, 18:57   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

Where did you get the seat covers from? Is it designed to handle the side airbags? What is the material and cost?
Same apprehension of is the leather seat cover set designed to cater for the side air bags.
As, as per Ford no seat covers to be put on the models with side air bags I. E Titanium (O) variant.

I may too jump to option pack after The Great Ford Drama of price hike n change in specifications, suddenly option pack looks vfm compared to other cars in the same price range.

Last edited by techfreak : 15th September 2013 at 18:58.
Old 15th September 2013, 19:09   #4090

Is it an official ford leather seat cover ? or from out side ? how much did cost ?

Quote:
Got seat leather seat covers for my AT delivered today.will get them installed soon.My previous post about the delivery of my AT on 23rd august and michelin 3ST tyres was not approved and did not appear in the posts.I wonder why?Trying again because I have personally benefited from the information provided here and hence feel its my turn to give back whatever little I can.If it still does not appear Its going to be my last post.
Old 15th September 2013, 20:22   #4091

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Got them from saddles in bangalore.I have been assured that they have taken care of the air bags by providing a weak stitching in that area.Interacting with them it appears they know their job.My entire interaction with them was pleasant.The covers are genuine leather,better than expected.I was quoted 75000 by stanley and 35000 by autoform for genuine leather.I got mine for 19000,yes you read it right 19000,you have to contact Mr suresh from saddles.they had already done ecosports before they did mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Same apprehension of is the leather seat cover set designed to cater for the side air bags.
As, as per Ford no seat covers to be put on the models with side air bags I. E Titanium (O) variant.

I may too jump to option pack after The Great Ford Drama of price hike n change in specifications, suddenly option pack looks vfm compared to other cars in the same price range.
When I contacted stanley and autoform I was informed that they do seat covers for imported cars that have air bags,on a regular basis.This took care of my concern about the inflation of air bags.They also explained how it is done.once satisfied I started hunting for reasonably priced covers that met my requirements and I came across saddles.They are not art leather or half leather,but genuine leather.Only the back of rear seats is some other material.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th September 2013 at 23:51.
bagha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 22:43   #4092
avm
BHPian

Quote:
When I contacted stanley and autoform I was informed that they do seat covers for imported cars that have air bags,on a regular basis.This took care of my concern about the inflation of air bags.They also explained how it is done.once satisfied I started hunting for reasonably priced covers that met my requirements and I came across saddles.They are not art leather or half leather,but genuine leather.Only the back of rear seats is some other material.
Hi bagha, what is the average per liter that you're getting in the AT?
Have you measure the Full - Full refill cycle yet? Somehow i do not trust what the computer displays. you're the best man to let us know the tried and tested on road average for the ES AT.
Old 16th September 2013, 00:09   #4093
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see all color ecosports over the weekend.
Everytime i followed or oncame an ecosport ,i was like "thats a well sized SUV".
But the moment i overtook or passed by,i was like "what??is it the same car i saw from front/back??".

It definitely doesnot look like hatchback but is definitely small.

Looks apart,did anyone here managed to get corporate discount??i know most of you would be thinking i am joking.Still curious.

Also most of dealers charge 8k as so called "Handling charges". Anybody lucky enough here to get this waived off?
Old 16th September 2013, 01:24   #4094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Have you measure the Full - Full refill cycle yet? Somehow i do not trust what the computer displays. you're the best man to let us know the tried and tested on road average for the ES AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Finally on 9.Sep.2013, on Vinayaka Chaturthi

and although Ford recommends in its user manual not to check the mileage during the engine break in period, I am posting this photo to help fellow members get an idea of the mileage!
Attachment 1136872
This was the mileage when the odometer on our EcoSport 1.5L AT was showing 498 kilometers. The tank full to tank full test is due soon. Hope that helps avm.
Old 16th September 2013, 06:39   #4095

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Hi avm,The fuel efficiency meter initially was showing 5.7 as average when I bought the vehicle.Each day whenever I drive for about 15-20 kms it increases by .1,and it now shows 8.3 after driving for about 580kms.I expect it to cross 10 soon.My driving is mostly in the city under mixed conditions.Even with aggressive driving at times I have noticed fuel efficiency goes up the same way it does otherwise.I am on the tank full method right now and have completed about 300kms on it.I will post results of this method either today or tommorow when I again fill the tank.
bagha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed