Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 08:24   #4096
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
This was the mileage when the odometer on our EcoSport 1.5L AT was showing 498 kilometers. The tank full to tank full test is due soon. Hope that helps avm.
Same here. Before the last reset at 400km, the average was showing 9.5kmpl. That contains ~20% highway run. Nothing phenomenal, as my Civic with a 1.8L engine used to give me better numbers. But then the engine is still in break-in period and the manual advises not to measure mileage during break-in (~1500km).
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 09:02   #4097
BHPian

This is surprising that a break-in period is recommended for a new generation petrol engine. Redlining on petrol usually comes pretty high rpm and not something you drive usually. Last time I bought a GM car, the guys told me the engine was pre-tuned and can be taken on long drive right out of the showroom. I brought back the car for first checkup (1000km) on the 4th day I was driving my usual 3 digits and the temperature remained steady through out.

Is it recommended in the manual? If so, what is the kms to accrue and rpm to maintain for the break in?

Last edited by HillMan : 16th September 2013 at 09:07.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 10:51   #4098
BHPian

Hey Ecosport,

I am likely to take delivery of my Black Tit+ Ecoboost this week. I see that you own a black one. Will be grateful if you can share your views/ reco on owning a black colour, based on your experience. Do you suggest any accessories (ford or otherwise) ??
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Same here. Before the last reset at 400km, the average was showing 9.5kmpl. That contains ~20% highway run. Nothing phenomenal, as my Civic with a 1.8L engine used to give me better numbers. But then the engine is still in break-in period and the manual advises not to measure mileage during break-in (~1500km).
Old 16th September 2013, 11:03   #4099
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
Hi avm,The fuel efficiency meter initially was showing 5.7 as average when I bought the vehicle.Each day whenever I drive for about 15-20 kms it increases by .1,and it now shows 8.3 after driving for about 580kms.I expect it to cross 10 soon.My driving is mostly in the city under mixed conditions.Even with aggressive driving at times I have noticed fuel efficiency goes up the same way it does otherwise.I am on the tank full method right now and have completed about 300kms on it.I will post results of this method either today or tommorow when I again fill the tank.
Thanks buddy bagha
I hope it gives you 10+. Considering you're in Delhi and getting a low average, imagine what will happen to me in Bangalore !!! I have one i10 AT and that gives me only 8-9kmpl in city. Hoping for the Ecosport to beat that.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:19   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
Hi avm,The fuel efficiency meter initially was showing 5.7 as average when I bought the vehicle.Each day whenever I drive for about 15-20 kms it increases by .1,and it now shows 8.3 after driving for about 580kms.I expect it to cross 10 soon.My driving is mostly in the city under mixed conditions.Even with aggressive driving at times I have noticed fuel efficiency goes up the same way it does otherwise.I am on the tank full method right now and have completed about 300kms on it.I will post results of this method either today or tommorow when I again fill the tank.
Refresh the fuel efficiency meter once you had refilled the tank. I was getting 9.5 average for Ecoboost and had not reset the fuel efficiency meter, I do not understand the logic but I believe it was averaging it out from day one.

Now after resetting the meter it is showing 12.5 KMPL for City driving.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:45   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykc78 View Post
Refresh the fuel efficiency meter once you had refilled the tank. I was getting 9.5 average for Ecoboost and had not reset the fuel efficiency meter, I do not understand the logic but I believe it was averaging it out from day one.

Hi Jaykc, Can you let me know how do you Refresh the Fuel Efficiency Meter. I currently get only 8.6 km/l I have a Ecosport 1.5P AT & done close to 1,300 kms over the last 1 month
Old 16th September 2013, 15:44   #4102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
I am likely to take delivery of my Black Tit+ Ecoboost this week. I see that you own a black one. Will be grateful if you can share your views/ reco on owning a black colour, based on your experience.
Congratulations on getting your EcoSport, and hello to a fellow EcoBoost owner!

You can check out my ownership thread here, I too have an EcoBoost variant.

Coming to the black colour, please read up on how to wash and dust your car safely (e.g. avoiding hard water, using the Jopasu duster), since the black colour will easily show up swirl marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi Jaykc, Can you let me know how do you Refresh the Fuel Efficiency Meter.
The left stalk has at its end a button that toggles the MID through the various modes (speed alarm, distance to empty, average speed, average fuel efficiency, etc.). Switch to the average mileage screen, and then hold that button down until the average is reset to zero.

Last edited by arunphilip : 16th September 2013 at 15:46.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 15:55   #4103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Is it recommended in the manual? If so, what is the kms to accrue and rpm to maintain for the break in?
Check page 96 of the manual. 500kms for the tyres, 1500kms for the brakes clutch and engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
I am likely to take delivery of my Black Tit+ Ecoboost this week. I see that you own a black one. Will be grateful if you can share your views/ reco on owning a black colour, based on your experience. Do you suggest any accessories (ford or otherwise) ??
Thanks in advance
The only problem with the colour is that even a bit of dust and dirt shows. Good, if you can wash it every day, but make sure you use only a jet of water. Bucket and cloth method would take of the shone in no time. I haven't bought any accessories from dealer. The black car looks good even without the much talked about bumper appliques. I suggest you do not buy the overpriced Ford accessories. I am keeping a close watch of Aliexpress. I have made a test buy (key cover). if it arrives, I will start shopping for more expensive ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Thanks buddy bagha
I hope it gives you 10+. Considering you're in Delhi and getting a low average, imagine what will happen to me in Bangalore !!! I have one i10 AT and that gives me only 8-9kmpl in city. Hoping for the Ecosport to beat that.
I too hope that it rises to at least 10kmpl. Anything below 10 is psychologically depressing.
Quote:

12.5kmpl in the AT?
Quote:
Hi Jaykc, Can you let me know how do you Refresh the Fuel Efficiency Meter. I currently get only 8.6 km/l I have a Ecosport 1.5P AT & done close to 1,300 kms over the last 1 month
Keep the stalk pressed for a couple of seconds and it will be reset.

Last edited by ecosport : 16th September 2013 at 15:58.
ecosport is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 16:01   #4104
BHPian

Quote:

Keep the stalk left to the steering wheel pressed when you reach the fuel efficiency information which would reset.

Also look into the manual for more information on how to reset various readings. Hope this helps..
jaykc78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 16:02   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

12.5kmpl in the AT?
Not for the AT it's the Ecoboost engine.. Also spoke to the SA about FE and he was mentioning they have got 14 for Ecoboost TD vehicle.
jaykc78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 16:41   #4106
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Not for the AT it's the Ecoboost engine.. Also spoke to the SA about FE and he was mentioning they have got 14 for Ecoboost TD vehicle.
Hi Jaykc. Can you please share your ownership review of the Ecosport AT please. Thanks in advance
Old 16th September 2013, 17:43   #4107
BHPian

Finally some useful and positive update from local Ford dealer . He says my waiting number is 2 and I will certainly get delivery in Oct. Looks like they started getting good number of vehicles every month now.

Better part is that - they are getting TDCI Titanium and option pack ones more.
Mallikarjun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 17:51   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Looks like they started getting good number of vehicles every month now.
I'm one of those who are awaiting to receive their WL #. While on daily follow up call, my SA said currently they have started delivering Ambiente variants in huge amount after which TREND followed by which TIT & TIT (O). But still no idea of WL No.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:00   #4109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Hi Jaykc. Can you please share your ownership review of the Ecosport AT please. Thanks in advance
I am trying to put in things for the ownership review. Have started it should complete in another couple of weeks. Also depends on the work at office....
jaykc78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 18:06   #4110
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

My EcoSport AT has been giving about 9.5 kmpl in the city. I do tend to keep the vehicle waiting at spots with the AC on as the family is often with me.
On a recent trip from Mumbai/Thane to Mahabaleshwar via Mahad, a day within Mahabaleshwar and then on to Panchgani, then on to Wai, then Satara Kas flower valley and then via Pune and Expressway on to Thane for a trip of 711kms it gave 11.2 kmpl. It gave 13 Kmpl on the first day from Thane to Mahad. This trip include a Mahableshwar to Tapola and back excursion.

All hill climb and decent were in S MODE. AC was on at all times. It was a trip with 3 adults and 1 child + Luggage.

Felt that the overall of 11.2 was quite decent for such terrain. The vehicle is currently at about 1600 kms. Will post a very detailed Thread after the first service.

Last edited by ACM : 16th September 2013 at 18:10.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks