Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 11:50   #4126
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

@uneet - The turning radius is definitely a disappointment ! The Bigger Duster has only 5.2 m where as Ecosport has 5.3 m , i got surprised when the car refused to do a u turn in a fairly decent area :-( , i had to reverse once where as a Honda City in front did the same easily .
ranjithrnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 12:22   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Guys,

Need some help. I booked a Ford Ecosport diesel about 2.5 months ago and delivery date is coming very near. But I'm in a dilemma as I want to have a long term ownership (about 8-10 years).

My man concerns:
1. Mileage : How much is the mileage of Diesel Ecosport. (I have driven a swift and addicted to high mileages)
2. Service cost of Ford ?
3. Resale value.
4. Does Ford brand hold good for long term ownership ?

Please help me take a decision.

The ones I'm considering are : Ertiga VDi, Vento TDI, DZIRE ZDI
As far as mileage is concerned, I think all your choices are good and will give more or less similar mileage. What you'll need to worry about is service cost and resale value after 10 years. Ecosport is too new so I doubt if anyone can comment on that. The Vento is built to last and will last 10 years. Service costs will be high though. The Maruti siblings will be tried and tested and even if they're not as well built as the Vento, they'll last 10 years and resale shouldn't be a problem (considering the company keeps doing as well in the next 10 years as they've done in the last 10).
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 14:06   #4128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
The ones I'm considering are : Ertiga VDi, Vento TDI, DZIRE ZDI

Check Raj's thought process from an Ecosport to a Ertiga. See if you thoughts are in similar directions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...stretched.html
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 14:34   #4129
Senior - BHPian

Finally,after close to a month of follow-up my dealer gave me a TD of the Ecosport on the highway. I was very apprehensive about the performance on the open road,but after the drive I came out impressed and decided to stick with ES. Here are a few impressions:
  • Engine is good enough till 120-130 couldn't test beyond that. Highway overtakes shouldn't be a problem at all.
  • Steering is light and overly sensitive at such speeds, one needs to get adjusted to it as even a slight input can be too much at times.
  • My cousin who drives a Hyundai i20 said the steering weighed up better than on his car. My old Polo was better though.
  • Handling is car like at such speeds though it appeared slightly bumpy,best to stick to sub-100 speeds considering the high GC.
  • TD car had 6k on the odo and at high speeds the cabin insulation was brilliant. A remarkable improvement coming from a Polo.
  • No rattles despite the abuse
  • It still is an attention grabber! I had a guy in an XUV and Duster drive up dangerously close to me to check the car. When at signals,2 hatch owners were enquiring about the price,if its a diesel etc even two wheeler riders would be interested in it in knowing the mileage, price!
  • Car will not start if the key is not in the car. Since i've booked a titanium option, I was scared that it'll start if i'm standing near the car. Luckily it isn't so. One needs to be careful with wallet parking though,they can drive the car away if the engine's running however if you forget to handover the key (since most owners will keep keys in their pockets with keyless and button start) ,he won't be able to start it again.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th September 2013 at 14:38.
shashank.nk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 17:11   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Finally,after close to a month of follow-up my dealer gave me a TD of the Ecosport on the highway. I was very apprehensive about the performance on the open road,but after the drive I came out impressed and decided to stick with ES. Here are a few impressions:
  • Engine is good enough till 120-130 couldn't test beyond that. Highway overtakes shouldn't be a problem at all.
  • Steering is light and overly sensitive at such speeds, one needs to get adjusted to it as even a slight input can be too much at times.
  • My cousin who drives a Hyundai i20 said the steering weighed up better than on his car. My old Polo was better though.
  • Handling is car like at such speeds though it appeared slightly bumpy,best to stick to sub-100 speeds considering the high GC.
  • TD car had 6k on the odo and at high speeds the cabin insulation was brilliant. A remarkable improvement coming from a Polo.
  • No rattles despite the abuse
  • It still is an attention grabber! I had a guy in an XUV and Duster drive up dangerously close to me to check the car. When at signals,2 hatch owners were enquiring about the price,if its a diesel etc even two wheeler riders would be interested in it in knowing the mileage, price!
  • Car will not start if the key is not in the car. Since i've booked a titanium option, I was scared that it'll start if i'm standing near the car. Luckily it isn't so. One needs to be careful with wallet parking though,they can drive the car away if the engine's running however if you forget to handover the key (since most owners will keep keys in their pockets with keyless and button start) ,he won't be able to start it again.
Wonderful inputs Shashank which road did you test the vehicle ?
with which dealer did you book the car ?
Old 17th September 2013, 17:30   #4131
BHPian

My short review of EcoSport on MouthSHut has won the review of the day recognition http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Ford...iew-rrsruomurr
Old 17th September 2013, 19:20   #4132

Hello Bhp-ians,
I am new to the forum, been following up this thread but this is my first post.
I had an interesting chat with Ford live chat guys on their website today.

Would like to share it with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-untitled1.png  

Akansil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 19:27   #4133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Wonderful inputs Shashank which road did you test the vehicle ?
with which dealer did you book the car ?
Hi Anil, I drove on the Nagarbavi ring road, my dealer is Cauvery Ford. Where have you booked your car from ?
Old 17th September 2013, 19:38   #4134
BHPian

Can anyone please let know the ford india customer care email id?
Can you please let know if ford endorses the cancellation of 3000 or is it the dealer?

Would be really helpful
Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 19:57   #4135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Can anyone please let know the ford india customer care email id?
Email is in the screen shot from @Akansil

custmail@ford.com

The Rs.3000/- cancellation charge is dictated by Ford. It is best to call the toll-free number 1800-425-2500 before writing an email.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:05   #4136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akansil View Post
Hello Bhp-ians,
I am new to the forum, been following up this thread but this is my first post.
I had an interesting chat with Ford live chat guys on their website today.

Would like to share it with you.
Complain against the dealer to Ford India and also book a case against the dealer in consumer court
Old 17th September 2013, 20:39   #4137
BHPian

Milaege -- With my very sedate driving manners and with a maximum speed of 80 kmph tll now, Iam getting MID figures betweem 11.5 - 12.00 kmpl. I can bank on these figures as I feel the tank full method will also give me nearly same figures.

I will try to update my views on this thread.[/quote]

i beg to differ

I have done @8500 km in my ES in just above 2 months.
I too drive sedate most of the times
Definitively it gives above 22-24 km on the highways.I always follow the tank to tank method

My overall FE on the MID used to be 19.3km/L . (though now it has come down to 18.6 after some spirited driving and driving through the ghats).From day 1 i haven't reset the FE on MID
Old 17th September 2013, 21:02   #4138
BHPian

I think you both have different models.
Petrol n diesel. While the diesel ES is giving about 18 +/- Petrol Ecoboost is giving anything between 9 to 13 for different people depending on driving style.
Petrol 1.5 ltr am not aware of, should be giving around 9+/- I think.
Old 17th September 2013, 21:42   #4139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
I think you both have different models.
Petrol n diesel. While the diesel ES is giving about 18 +/- Petrol Ecoboost is giving anything between 9 to 13 for different people depending on driving style.
Petrol 1.5 ltr am not aware of, should be giving around 9+/- I think.
NO

Uneet was saying he was driving an ES titanium diesel

that's what forced me to comment
Old 17th September 2013, 22:05   #4140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post

NO

Uneet was saying he was driving an ES titanium diesel

that's what forced me to comment
Oh am sorry, didn't notice.
But for diesel 12-13 is seriously low.