Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 09:43   #4186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
He was allocated a Ecoboost Titanium 2 days back(in transit) but the VIN number says that the vehicle was manufactured in May. How many months old vehicle is acceptable?
I'd suggest to check the product at the stock yard before deciding. With demand like this, you won't have stock that old. This could have failed QC and took time fixing before coming to market also. Check the odo and look for signs of damages. Specially the carpet below floor mat and feel of clutch gear shift, side by side with a display model if possible.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 09:59   #4187
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I completely agree with HillMan, do a complete PDI at the dealers stockyard. With the kind of demands ecosport has seen , i wonder what a May manufactured vehicle has been doing till date. My ecoboost tit(o) is already in stockyard and it is aug manufactured. Do not pay a single dime till you are satisfied with the PDI.
P.S :- I assume you have got the VIN decrypted correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I'd suggest to check the product at the stock yard before deciding. With demand like this, you won't have stock that old. This could have failed QC and took time fixing before coming to market also. Check the odo and look for signs of damages. Specially the carpet below floor mat and feel of clutch gear shift, side by side with a display model if possible.
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 10:49   #4188

Here Goes ... my first post on the Team Bhp site, this after being a regular for more than 5 years and following this site, decided to take the plunge.

Wanted a share a link on an article I read on the Mint enclosing the url, hope the same is useful to all

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/p7...the-pedal.html
Old 20th September 2013, 11:04   #4189
Distinguished - BHPian

So if a may car is being delivered in September, then the problem is not with fords manufacturing ability.
It's with their out if the gate logistics!

Here's a lighter moment:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130919_101341.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 12:59   #4190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod1976 View Post
Here Goes ... my first post on the Team Bhp site, this after being a regular for more than 5 years and following this site, decided to take the plunge. Wanted a share a link on an article I read on the Mint enclosing the url, hope the same is useful to all http://www.livemint.com/Companies/p7...the-pedal.html
At 5000 cars/month, a booking of 20000 (assuming 10000 are speculative bookings) should have been completed in 4 months. Is Ford diverting a large portion of ecosports to exports to get benefitted from the Re dropping to 68 ? A price increase was expected as the launch price must have been below production cost and probably negative contribution
Old 20th September 2013, 13:03   #4191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
What colour has your friend opted for? If it is Mars Red, I'd be nervous, given that the media drive and Discoveries campaign all used Mars Red EcoBoosts. The only TD vehicles I've seen for EcoBoost were in Mars Red or White.

But - if he's opted for Titanium and not Titanium (O) it wouldn't be a media/Discoveries/TD vehicle, as - to the best of my knowledge - all of those were the Titanium (O) variant.
Thanks Arun for bringing out few important points. His is a Titanum Ecoboost, Kinetic Blue.
He has also checked the VIN number of Ecoboost TD vehicles present with a couple of bangalore dealers to compare with the allocated vehicle. The TD vehicles seem to manufactured in February (VIN - DUXXXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
. Even better - since it's a May manufacture, he'll be getting keyless entry and push start.
Yup. He is hoping the same. Imagine waiting for more than 3 months (he pre-booked in early June), getting no keyless entry/push start and ending up paying the revised price for a vehicle manufactured in May .
Can there be a better example of being at the receiving end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
His concern is , since the vehicle ecosport is in heavy demand, the chances are its consumed as soon as its manufactured, atleast within couple of months. But in your case- Yeti - was was niche car(relatively) and chances of getting a car older than 4-5 months is more and acceptable too
Exactly my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
It is a valid concern as there is a possibility that it has been a display car . I had this experience where the dealer allocated the ecosport display vehicle to me which I rejected since I have seen how thousands of people who visited the showroom treated the vehicle.
So i beileve, the customer should be communicated if an allotment like that is happening. Surely they should have some policy on this. Just hope it is adhered to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Yes. He has the PDI checklist ready. Waiting for the vehicle to arrive in the yard. Wonder if ODO reading will tell anything. They could have easily reset the values with their diagnostic tools, if they wanted to push a TD vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
P.S :- I assume you have got the VIN decrypted correctly.
Ya. Wildon's thread was there to help. It is DBXXXXX.
Old 20th September 2013, 13:07   #4192
BHPian

There is no cancellation charge on the Ecosport.

The Dealer (MPL ford) has refunded the full Rs:25,000 amount. I cancelled the Ecosport after the price hike since Titanium (o) moved much beyond the budget.
Aceman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 13:13   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
FWIW, one of my neighbors brought home an EcoSport about a month or so back.
Now, I see a used XUV500 parked, and when inquired, it seems he was not too happy with the EcoSport.
Basically Ecosport and XUV are two completely different things. XUV is priced much higher than the Ecosport (3-4 lac more). Also Ecosport is more of a car while XUV is a truck. Someone who is in need of a bigger car like XUV will not be happy with Ecosport, while, the one who needs a compact good looking car for city (small family) would find xuv too big.
I too have switched from Ecosport to XUV although we are a just a family of three , but then XUV gives me a more masculine look, better engine and gizmos and is more SUV like than Ecosport. This only because i was able to stretch my budget a lot more

Last edited by Andy_torque133 : 20th September 2013 at 13:33.
Old 20th September 2013, 13:29   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Wonder if ODO reading will tell anything. They could have easily reset the values with their diagnostic tools, if they wanted to push a TD vehicle.
If they did rest the ODO, the figures will be different from the other cars around in the yard. A difference of few Km is acceptable. Unless offcourse the technician is smart enough to drive the miles to equalise. The tyres in such case will show some wear. Compare with other cars around to be sure. The gear will have some play or an unusual smoothness in case of rough use or serviced.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 13:38   #4195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
There is no cancellation charge on the Ecosport.

The Dealer (MPL ford) has refunded the full Rs:25,000 amount. I cancelled the Ecosport after the price hike since Titanium (o) moved much beyond the budget.
Is Rs. 25,000 the standard booking amount across all Chennai dealerships? . Because as far as i know everyone is being charged Rs 50,000 for Ecosport booking (atleast in the Northern region). I assumed it to be ford dictated.
Old 20th September 2013, 14:32   #4196

This is the opportunity for Nissan to price Terrano at Ecosport levels to capture the entire mini suv market
Old 20th September 2013, 14:42   #4197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_torque133 View Post
Is Rs. 25,000 the standard booking amount across all Chennai dealerships? . Because as far as i know everyone is being charged Rs 50,000 for Ecosport booking (atleast in the Northern region). I assumed it to be ford dictated.
Yes I too have the same question as I have paid Rs.50,000 as advance with a clause of Rs. 3000/- deduction if I cancel my booking.

Is there any official amount for booking and cancellation stipulated by Ford India?
Old 20th September 2013, 14:45   #4198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What is the state of waiting period for EcoSport in Delhi NCR?

A relative wants to book base diesel variant on first Navratri and get delivery before Diwali? Payment will be cash.

Possible?

EDIT : Which Dealer should be preferred? Also any festival offers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Nopes, unless he agrees to pay premium or he has some dealer friend. Not possible. Last I checked for base diesel, it was 26 weeks waiting here. For top end it was 32 weeks.
Went to Harpreet Ford, they told that waiting period will be even longer now because the festive and marriage season is approaching and they can not deliver the car as per our request even on full cash payment. While their approach towards the prospective customers was fine but they were helpless with regards to waiting period.

My friend can't wait for so long so we finally decided for Honda Amaze diesel. Booking on 5th oct.

Ford, you seriously need to do something with this. No one can't wait for that long, you're loosing your customers.
Old 20th September 2013, 14:52   #4199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Is there any official amount for booking and cancellation stipulated by Ford India?
Dont completely rely on what Ford got to say. It's the dealer who finally makes the call. In my case, Ford India stated that my damaged tyre will be replaced free of cost by the dealer but the dealer said it's MRF who will take the decision. In the end, it's the customer who will have to suffer the consequences.
Old 20th September 2013, 15:23   #4200
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All! Posting this query on behalf of a friend (who has his tbhp membership pending).

He was allocated a Ecoboost Titanium 2 days back(in transit) but the VIN number says that the vehicle was manufactured in May. How many months old vehicle is acceptable? With the current demand of Ecoboost being high, my friend is suspecting that the vehicle could have been used for display or other marketing purpose. Experts and current Ecoboost owners(how many months old vehicle were you allocated) kindly share your experience.

Please check the pollution certificate date which will be delivered by ford for this vehicle. Generally they will do the pollution test before they dispatch the vehicle.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed