Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 16:10   #4201
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

This would have been the case if Duster had not been over-priced by Renault in the first place. Terrano is a badge engineered product of Duster albeit with better interiors and features. Therefore, i don't think Nisaan (much to its dislike) will have the leeway to price terrano much lower than Duster.
I feel, ecopsort will remain the uncontested Compact SUV till Maruti comes out with XA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
This is the opportunity for Nissan to price Terrano at Ecosport levels to capture the entire mini suv market
Old 20th September 2013, 16:14   #4202
P76
BHPian

The Ecosport's front approach angle seems similar to the Swift, although the gc is better. It may be because of the wind deflectors at the bottom of the bumper. Also the overhang of the front bumper is more in the Ecosport than the Duster, which in my opinion would negate the higher ground clearance.
Can the Ecosport owners comment on this ?
Old 20th September 2013, 16:18   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
This would have been the case if Duster had not been over-priced by Renault in the first place. Terrano is a badge engineered ....
I feel, ecopsort will remain the uncontested Compact SUV till Maruti comes out with XA.
I agree. Renaults greed has spoiled the party for us customers, first by pricing it high when there was no other choice other than Duster and now due to the same over pricing Nissan also can't price it as they might have seeing the demand of such class of vehicle even during the slump. All in all its finally Ford whose party going to continue till XA-A comes or some other company comes up with a worthwhile competitor.

Last edited by techfreak : 20th September 2013 at 16:32.
Old 20th September 2013, 16:37   #4204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Yes I too have the same question as I have paid Rs.50,000 as advance with a clause of Rs. 3000/- deduction if I cancel my booking.

Is there any official amount for booking and cancellation stipulated by Ford India?
While I wanted to book the Ecosport, I first went to MPL Ford where they quoted 25000 as booking amount and also confirmed that they wont be charging any cancellation fee. But since the waiting quoted was high I booked with Chennai Ford which demanded 50000 as booking amount and cancellation fee of 3000.

So it is clear that the booking fee is something that Ford has suggested but leaving it to the dealer to charge it completely or not. While most of them are charging 50000 only MPL Ford charges less.
Old 20th September 2013, 17:38   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_torque133 View Post
Is Rs. 25,000 the standard booking amount across all Chennai dealerships? . Because as far as i know everyone is being charged Rs 50,000 for Ecosport booking (atleast in the Northern region). I assumed it to be ford dictated.
I have booked at Chennai Ford at INR 50,000. And the cancellation charges before "allotment" or post allotment(& before delivery.....thank god for small mercies) are INR 3000.
Old 20th September 2013, 18:01   #4206
BHPian

Quote:
A request to all.
Please update the waiting period of diesel and petrol ecosport in the respective cities we live?
Due to the wild waiting periods I feel the dealers are taking us for a ride. As have come across instances when people have got delivery within a week too.
This may help us dealing with dealers in some way.
I met a guy who claimed he booked Ecosport in Chennai on 2nd July and got delivery on 5th July !!! I tried calling his bluff but he was adamant..... Incredible !!

Note from Support: Please avoid ending all your posts with "......". Thanks!
Old 20th September 2013, 19:06   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Please check the pollution certificate date which will be delivered by ford for this vehicle. Generally they will do the pollution test before they dispatch the vehicle.
Can i expect it to be available with the vehicle during the pre delivery inspection ?
Old 20th September 2013, 19:16   #4208
BHPian

I finally had some good news to hear.

Have been allotted a titanium Diesel Mars Red (most likely with push start button) and the dealer has confirmed that the car has landed in their godown.

Likely delivery on 27th of this month. Also, got a confirmation from the dealer that Ford is reducing the prices of titanium version without the push button start by about 12,000 or so.

The VIN number (if the same) basically implies it is a September manufactured car.
Old 20th September 2013, 19:16   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post

Can i expect it to be available with the vehicle during the pre delivery inspection ?
Yes you will find it pasted to front wind shield generally or you can ask the SA to show the same to you.
It is a mandatory requirement for a vehicle to be despatched from company side.
So ask for it and compare the date.
This will give you some input as to why so much delay from company to dealer or it was with dealer only.
All the best.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 19:18   #4210
BHPian

Does the sync in ecosport allow us to control the climate control using voice commands? ( sync on the new fiesta does ).

Likewise, does it allow us to control the Radio and CD functionality over voice commands.

Somehow in the TD vehicles, i noticed it would allow only USB, iPOD and Phone related commands.
Old 20th September 2013, 20:41   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
I finally had some good news to hear.

Have been allotted a titanium Diesel Mars Red (most likely with push start button) and the dealer has confirmed that the car has landed in their godown.

Likely delivery on 27th of this month. Also, got a confirmation from the dealer that Ford is reducing the prices of titanium version without the push button start by about 12,000 or so.

The VIN number (if the same) basically implies it is a September manufactured car.
Hey, congratulations for your Ecosport dude! Can you please share your booking details? The dealer ? I'm waiting for my Ecosport as well, so your information will be valuable to get an idea as to when I can expect mine! Sigh.
Old 20th September 2013, 21:11   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post

yes, it should be available. Tell him you want to see the form 22.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130920_205735.jpg

Last edited by bageherath : 20th September 2013 at 21:22.
Old 20th September 2013, 21:40   #4213
BHPian

After a ray of hope from the sales manager at Chennai Ford, who said he will try "his best" to have my car allotted this month, disappointment came in the way of his telling me that not only did my car make it, but they are not expecting any 1 lt petrol Ecoboost Titanium "allocations" from Ford for the next 2 months.

I am just waiting for 1st Oct to miss the deadline for getting a Titanium car with keyless entry and start/stop button and then shall be cancelling !!
Old 20th September 2013, 21:41   #4214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post

Hey, congratulations for your Ecosport dude! Can you please share your booking details? The dealer ? I'm waiting for my Ecosport as well, so your information will be valuable to get an idea as to when I can expect mine! Sigh.
Booking No.382. Harpreet ford Moti Nagar. Booked on 22nd June. What about yourself? Which color and variant you booked??
himanshuchadha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 21:50   #4215
BANNED

Quote:
Renaults greed has spoiled the party for us customers, first by pricing it high when there was no other choice other than Duster and now due to the same over pricing Nissan also can't price it as they might have seeing the demand of such class of vehicle even during the slump. All in all its finally Ford whose party going to continue till XA-A comes or some other company comes up with a worthwhile competitor.
Greed is inherent in all businesses that talk big, be it Reanult, NIssan, Ford, Chevvy or even Maruti and Mahindra. Believe me, no one is going to party at any competitiors cost, each one gets their share of the sales, it only depends on which customer "likes" or gets to believe what is best for him / her. And going by human psychology, what you see and how many you see has an unconscious influence on your decision process is what I can conclude.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks