Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 22:57   #4216
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I met a guy who claimed he booked Ecosport in Chennai on 2nd July and got delivery on 5th July !!! I tried calling his bluff but he was adamant..... Incredible !!
This could be true only if he had booked an Ambient variant that was not having any bookings. When I booked this was hinted by the SA. She said for Ambiente there were not many bookings initially and there were few that were received and in stock. If I remember right it would have been the Chill Metallic colour. So those who booked then, would have got it right away after the other formalities.

Quote:
After a ray of hope from the sales manager at Chennai Ford, who said he will try "his best" to have my car allotted this month, disappointment came in the way of his telling me that not only did my car make it, but they are not expecting any 1 lt petrol Ecoboost Titanium "allocations" from Ford for the next 2 months.

I am just waiting for 1st Oct to miss the deadline for getting a Titanium car with keyless entry and start/stop button and then shall be cancelling !!
So, when did you book and what colour? Did you speak to Samuel, the Customer Relationship manager. He seemed to be helpful. When I spoke to him a couple of days back, he was bit confident about receiving more Mars Red in next month allocation.
Old 20th September 2013, 23:31   #4217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Does the sync in ecosport allow us to control the climate control using voice commands? ( sync on the new fiesta does ).
No, it does not. The voice controls in the 2011 Fiesta have been built purely by Ford, and support the integration with climate control that you refer to.

On the other hand, Sync in the EcoSport has been built in conjunction with Microsoft (i.e. its different from what's on the 2011 Fiesta), and can only control the entertainment bits, not climate control.
Old 20th September 2013, 23:58   #4218
djs
BHPian

Quote:
After a ray of hope from the sales manager at Chennai Ford, who said he will try "his best" to have my car allotted this month, disappointment came in the way of his telling me that not only did my car make it, but they are not expecting any 1 lt petrol Ecoboost Titanium "allocations" from Ford for the next 2 months.

I am just waiting for 1st Oct to miss the deadline for getting a Titanium car with keyless entry and start/stop button and then shall be cancelling !!
Are you sure that the Titanium vehicles delivered only after Ist october will not have Push Button Start stop & Smart keyless entry ? My dealer had confirmed to me that this has started from September itself and Titanium diesel prices are reduced by ~Rs 15000 post hike. If by stroke of luck, you get a car with said features, you need to pay 15K.

This is his exact reply "any vehicle produced from September'13 onwards would not have the subject features. Also, as per any manufacture guidelines, it is very clearly mentioned that the prices & specifications of any vehicle could change without prior notice."

Like you, I'm also waiting to get the car this month, had pre-booked, already waited for over three months ( delivery time promised to me). Dealer had told me that there will be no cancellation charges and I'll get full refund. These issues seems to be out of the hand of dealers and I have taken up the matter with Ford ( write2md@ford.com) in parallel. I'm not hoping anything will come out of it but lets see. It's a pity that we have to suffer because of Ford's inability to deliver the car in time, more price and less features.
Old 21st September 2013, 01:19   #4219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Dont completely rely on what Ford got to say. It's the dealer who finally makes the call. In my case, Ford India stated that my damaged tyre will be replaced free of cost by the dealer but the dealer said it's MRF who will take the decision. In the end, it's the customer who will have to suffer the consequences.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130921_011306.jpg

Yes, it is upto Tyre manufacturer.
Dealer will assist you as per Ford Ecosport manual.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 01:40   #4220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Booking No.382. Harpreet ford Moti Nagar. Booked on 22nd June. What about yourself? Which color and variant you booked??
I booked on July 6, Titanium Diesel (O). The last time I spoke to them, May-booked deliveries were underway. Now I'm glad they're clearing June-end deliveries. Hope mine gets delivered soon.

All the best for your Ecosport! Must be feeling nice as the waiting time ends!
Old 21st September 2013, 04:21   #4221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_torque133 View Post

Is Rs. 25,000 the standard booking amount across all Chennai dealerships?.
No, it's not. I paid 50K as booking amount in same dealership (MPL Ford, Chennai) and some where in Deep South dealers charge even more around 1L as Booking Charges.
Old 21st September 2013, 08:04   #4222
BHPian

Kerala Ecosport owners,
I would like to change the head lamps to a bit more powerful.Has anyone changed the head lights? If so, from where did you purchase? The police are strict with regard to the head lights.

Where do we get good plastic floor mats for Ecosport In Kochi?

My ecoboost has done only 800 Kms, I feel the reverse gear doesn't slot so easily. How about for you all?
Thanks
Ramesh
Old 21st September 2013, 08:30   #4223

How bad is the dealer cheating me?

I have been reading a lot of dealer related horror stories here. I had paid the booking amount to Metro Ford, St. Marks Road, Bangalore on the 02-June-2013. Haven't got any news of my allocation yet. I didn't have much choice except believe what the dealer tells me about the potential delivery date of the car. As per the SA, I am the first in the queue for my chosen variant EcoBoost, Titanium (O), Mars Red.

Given that we are reaching 90 days from the official launch of the vehicle, I have to figure out how bad am I being cheated before I take my case to the consumer court (and yes, I will do that) . Has anyone taken delivery of a EcoBoost Titanium(O) Mars Red Ecosport from any of the Metro Ford dealerships in Bangalore yet? If yes, it would be extremely kind of you to step up/please let me know.
Old 21st September 2013, 10:16   #4224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Kerala Ecosport owners,
I would like to change the head lamps to a bit more powerful.Has anyone changed the head lights? If so, from where did you purchase? The police are strict with regard to the head lights.

My ecoboost has done only 800 Kms, I feel the reverse gear doesn't slot so easily. How about for you all?
Thanks
Ramesh
1. For the headlights, many have upgraded to better brands (philips) keeping the stock wattage. A marginal improvement is expected. But I did find the lights adequate enough. Think Ford reworked on the headlights after receiving many feedback on the same.
2. As for the floor mats, didnt come across any mats exclusively for ecosport. Heard from my uncle that 3D mats will be available in some shops soon. In the meantime, you can check out this site
http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...r_mats_108.htm

No issues with the reverse gear but twice it didnt slot well. Other than that, it just works fine.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 12:35   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Kerala Ecosport owners,

Thanks
Ramesh
Hey..keep the stock wattage if possible.. hav heard frm a Ford user I know that upgrading the bulb can lead to some damage to light assembly due to heat. Would advise you to wait for more feedbacks if night driving isnt on the cards in near future..
Pjango is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 12:51   #4226
avm
BHPian

Re: How bad is the dealer cheating me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooboi View Post
I have been reading a lot of dealer related horror stories here. I had paid the booking amount to Metro Ford, St. Marks Road, Bangalore on the 02-June-2013. Haven't got any news of my allocation yet. I didn't have much choice except believe what the dealer tells me about the potential delivery date of the car. As per the SA, I am the first in the queue for my chosen variant EcoBoost, Titanium (O), Mars Red.

Given that we are reaching 90 days from the official launch of the vehicle, I have to figure out how bad am I being cheated before I take my case to the consumer court (and yes, I will do that) . Has anyone taken delivery of a EcoBoost Titanium(O) Mars Red Ecosport from any of the Metro Ford dealerships in Bangalore yet? If yes, it would be extremely kind of you to step up/please let me know.
Yo Blooboi!
Even i've booked my EcoSport AT with Metro Ford (Palace grounds showroom).
Although the St. Marks road showroom is right opposite my office, the SA's there had so much of an attitude during the launch, that it made me leave their showroom precisely for that reason. Palace grounds at least has better staff.

I am still waiting for my vehicle. But the Metro Ford guys are not even ready to show me their inventory schedule for the month. I have told my SA several times to send me their monthly data so that I can gauge a more realistic waiting time as compared to the fake promises the SA's make, but in vain. I wonder what these guys are doing, because reading this entire forum I understand that Lathangi Ford has delivered cars on a much better pace as compared to Metro Ford.

Sadly, all we can do is wait and watch. Slowly losing patience though. Its been 3 months since i booked my Ford !!

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.
This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2013 at 17:11. Reason: Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars.
Old 21st September 2013, 12:57   #4227
djs
BHPian

Well after all the waiting, followup and written communication to write2md@ford.com, I have been allocated the ecosport. GM sales from dealership followed it up with a swift action for my all my queries. My dealer called me up today saying I have been allocated Titanium Diesel Mars Red and its dispacted from Ford's plant.

After decoding the vin (DGxxxxx), the car seems to be manufactured in Aug, 2013. Not sure if the vehicle has Push Start Stop button and Smart Keyless entry, dealer to confirm this once vehicle is in their yard.

Can anybody comment on vehicle manufactured in Aug, 2013 ?
Old 21st September 2013, 14:07   #4228
BHPian

hi,

just came across this site where it will decode VIN number for you.

http://www.myvehicledetails.com/home/
Old 21st September 2013, 17:12   #4229
Senior - BHPian

A friends Ecosport Titanium just arrived at Mysore. It's a silver car and does not have the push button start and keyless entry :-(

There is a price reduction though of approx 20k because of the deletion of these features.
Old 21st September 2013, 18:13   #4230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Can anybody comment on vehicle manufactured in Aug, 2013 ?
My vehicle is Aug manufactured and got push button start and keyless entry.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed