Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 22:39   #4231
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

HI,

I have been told my VIN number is MAJAXXMRKADC59347 . It is a September batch, and I am told it has push button start. The price is obviously the revised one at 918840 Ex showroom.
Old 21st September 2013, 22:57   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Kerala Ecosport owners,
I would like to change the head lamps to a bit more powerful.Has anyone changed the head lights? If so, from where did you purchase? The police are strict with regard to the head lights.

Where do we get good plastic floor mats for Ecosport In Kochi?

My ecoboost has done only 800 Kms, I feel the reverse gear doesn't slot so easily. How about for you all?
Thanks
Ramesh
Even I felt the headlights to be adequate like Naveen.Raju.Ours is August manufactured and guessing yours is pre-August? Try asking any friendly service technician at dealership to compare your bulb with the ones in the newer Ecosport if that is possible.

I bought the 3D cat mats from carmatsindia.com, branded Star Mats. Even though it is specific to Ecosport as per the site, I guess it is based on the Fiesta. My mat got stuck with the accelerator pedal while driving. Was lucky to escape by using clutch and brake. Have cut a portion of the mat under the accelerator pedal. I have attached photos in my ownership thread.

Reverse gear does not slot properly at times. Have experienced this with Ecosport, swift and Wagon-R.

Last edited by raj84 : 21st September 2013 at 22:58.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 23:12   #4233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Have been allotted a titanium Diesel Mars Red (most likely with push start button) and the dealer has confirmed that the car has landed in their godown.
Congrats Himanshu, even i can finally see some light at the end of this Ford tunnel. I also booked the same care as yours (titanium diesel mars red) on 26th June and my booking ID is 553. So they have reached upto 400 now, maybe in a month they would be able to allocate my car as well. Its becoming a frustrating wait now

Did you have to call Ford's customer care or mail continously to get your car alloted? I had a word with my SA today and he asked me to pay the amount in full, then i will get my car within 20 days, told him am not a fool, will only pay once i have the VIN no. in hand.
Old 21st September 2013, 23:28   #4234
BHPian

Reverse gear does not slot properly at times. Have experienced this with Ecosport, swift and Wagon-R.[/quote]

Same happened with me as well , initially i thought it has to do more with the gear level placement and driver seat position rather than anything else , in my case with the correct seating position , i have to fully stretch the left hand to slot the gears which is a bit odd ( Fiesta's and Figo's are perfect here ).However since now few of the owners do mention the same issue , suspect something is wrong with the reverse gear slotting .
Old 21st September 2013, 23:54   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats Himanshu, even i can finally see some light at the end of this Ford tunnel. I also booked the same care as yours (titanium diesel mars red) on 26th June and my booking ID is 553. So they have reached upto 400 now, maybe in a month they would be able to allocate my car as well. Its becoming a frustrating wait now

Did you have to call Ford's customer care or mail continously to get your car alloted? I had a word with my SA today and he asked me to pay the amount in full, then i will get my car within 20 days, told him am not a fool, will only pay once i have the VIN no. in hand.
I have tried everything- from multiple visits to the showroom to mailing customer care and lastly sending my concern to the write2md email address. This did make a difference.

Also I paid about 4.5 lakhs in advance so that they assign me a VIN number. Once I got the VIN, I paid up the balance. All this took a total of 6-7 days in my case.
All the best buddy and hoping you get your car soon.
himanshuchadha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 00:00   #4236
BHPian

Guys this is a link I found to check/decode the VIN number.
May be of help to someone..
http://www.myvehicledetails.com
Old 22nd September 2013, 07:34   #4237
BHPian

Has anyone received allotments of Ecoboost Titanium booked at Metro Ford, Bangalore (Palace Road) in the last few days? If yes, let me know when you have booked.

Booked mine on 22nd June and the dealer states that i could get mine allotted in December.
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:07   #4238
BHPian

hi,
Are there any hams who have installed a VHF base station in an Ecosport, and if yes, where did you manage to fix it, any photo would be appreciated.

73's
de
VU2PMC
Old 22nd September 2013, 12:02   #4239

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Has anyone received allotments of Ecoboost Titanium booked at Metro Ford, Bangalore (Palace Road) in the last few days? If yes, let me know when you have booked.

Booked mine on 22nd June and the dealer states that i could get mine allotted in December.
Hey Shauncolaco,
I did post a very similar question yesterday. People who have opted for EcoBoosts seem to be out of favor with Metro Ford. I am seeing other EcoBoosts on the road, delivered by Cauvery, Lathangi, and even Elite.

Would someone be able to get the 'cars delivered' or some similar list out of Metro Ford, Bangalore? Also, anyone who has gotten EcoBoosts delivered through Metro Ford, please stand up!! We could use some help.

Slightly disillusioned
Old 22nd September 2013, 13:58   #4240
BHPian

Titanium seems to be least delivered model across dealerships.
I had a discussion with my dealer couple of days back, he told since Titanium went on to become the most booked model Ford is having problem in delivering Titanium model in both petrol and diesel.
In fact as per him the longest waiting list is in Titanium variant only.
So accordingly changed my booking to Optional variant(Ecoboost) from Titanium. And more over as per him amongst Petrol 1.5, Petrol 1 ltr and diesel Ecoboost Ecoboost has the longest waiting period as Ecoboost has the maximum import content as of now.
I am likely to get my vehicle alotted in Oct only
Old 22nd September 2013, 14:03   #4241
BHPian

Finally got my Ti diesel delivered last week. Haven't really driven enough to form an opinion yet.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image946476183.jpg

Thanks to everyone here who helped me decide and answered my queries with patience. I'll start an ownership thread as soon as I have more to share.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 14:50   #4242
VBR
BHPian

Hello there!
I had booked my ecosport diesel titanium on the 5th of July from metro ford, st.marks road.

The sales executive convinces me that I'll be getting the car in the last week of October, although I'm pretty apprehensive about that. Also I had booked the Mars red color. I changed it to white yesterday. Will this consume more time than usual as far has deliveries are concerned? If any of you have booked your cars from metro ford, st.marks road could you please tell me how long you actually waited for the car?

I have heard rumors that the titanium versions delivered after October would not come with the keyless entry and push start button! is that true?
Old 22nd September 2013, 15:50   #4243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
This could be true only if he had booked an Ambient variant that was not having any bookings. When I booked this was hinted by the SA. She said for Ambiente there were not many bookings initially and there were few that were received and in stock. If I remember right it would have been the Chill Metallic colour. So those who booked then, would have got it right away after the other formalities. So, when did you book and what colour? Did you speak to Samuel, the Customer Relationship manager. He seemed to be helpful. When I spoke to him a couple of days back, he was bit confident about receiving more Mars Red in next month allocation.
Yes, Samuel it was. And he is the one who said they are not expecting any ecoboost allocations for Oct and Nov. maybe he was trying to get me to upgrade to Tit(o) ! I booked my titanium mars red on 10th July.
Old 22nd September 2013, 15:55   #4244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Are you sure that the Titanium vehicles delivered only after Ist october will not have Push Button Start stop & Smart keyless entry ? My dealer had confirmed to me that this has started from September itself and Titanium diesel prices are reduced by ~Rs 15000 post hike. If by stroke of luck, you get a car with said features, you need to pay 15K.
I read about end-sep being the deadline for the two features from a post in this very forum. Now I have one more sub-segment apart from the early delivery-takers of ecosport to envy - the titanium owners with keyless entry !!! :-)
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:45   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hello there!
I had booked my ecosport diesel titanium on the 5th of July from metro ford, st.marks road.

The sales executive convinces me that I'll be getting the car in the last week of October, although I'm pretty apprehensive about that. Also I had booked the Mars red color. I changed it to white yesterday. Will this consume more time than usual as far has deliveries are concerned? If any of you have booked your cars from metro ford, st.marks road could you please tell me how long you actually waited for the car?
I prebooked trend/silver/tdci on 14th June from st marks road ford. Then changed to titanium on 28th June. According to my SA delivery will be in November end. When I last looked into their brief delivery data they were still clearing prebooking titanium diesel models. He told they are getting a lot of Trend/ ambiente varients but very less titanium.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks