Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2013, 17:24   #4246
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I prebooked trend/silver/tdci on 14th June from st marks road ford. Then changed to titanium on 28th June. According to my SA delivery will be in November end. When I last looked into their brief delivery data they were still clearing prebooking titanium diesel models. He told they are getting a lot of Trend/ ambiente varients but very less titanium.
Is it possible to get the car quickly if one pays premium?
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:49   #4247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Yeah why not, in our country those who agree to pay the premium always get things quickly while those who wait in queue keep waiting. I dont even blame those who pay premiums, the kind of booking process Ford started, they made an open ground for dealers to have fun.

There is dealer in Delhi who is openly asking for premium to get speedy delivery.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd September 2013 at 18:52.
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:17   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post

I just asked my SA the same question if ill get the car soon if I pay extra, he laughed at it.
But I did not go further as I did not have any plans of using such unethical means.
But the dealers definitely do allocate out of turn.
Old 22nd September 2013, 21:15   #4249
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooboi View Post
Hey Shauncolaco,
I did post a very similar question yesterday. People who have opted for EcoBoosts seem to be out of favor with Metro Ford. I am seeing other EcoBoosts on the road, delivered by Cauvery, Lathangi, and even Elite.

Would someone be able to get the 'cars delivered' or some similar list out of Metro Ford, Bangalore? Also, anyone who has gotten EcoBoosts delivered through Metro Ford, please stand up!! We could use some help.

Slightly disillusioned
Blooboi,
Would like to inform you, I have been emailed by Metro Ford (Palace Road) a couple of weeks back that i am 6th on their waiting list for Ecoboost and it would be delivered in December. I replied back asking if they were being allotted only 2 Ecoboosts every month. There was no reply. Wondering if there could be one more price hike before i get the vehicle. Understand what you feel when you say "slightly disillusioned". Ford could have done better with their communication to prospective buyers.
Old 22nd September 2013, 21:42   #4250
BHPian

Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the below

1. ant-pinch feature for the driver side power window
2. Does the park light stays on even after switching ON the headlights ?
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:48   #4251
BHPian

Couldn't help but share my excitement! I finally saw my Car at the showroom today. It is a September manufactured titanium diesel with start stop button. Glad it comes with Goodyears. Attaching the first picture.

Also, I have opted to not take Ford's Insurance and the Essential Kit. Saving about Rs.8000 on insurance and around 3000 on the Essential Kit.

Planning to get 3M protection, crossrail bars and extended 3rd and 4th year warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1265142_10153327608175647_1225943594_o.jpg  

himanshuchadha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 07:14   #4252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Couldn't help but share my excitement! I finally saw my Car at the showroom today.
That Mars Red colour is quite the chameleon - it looks like orange at times, bright red at other times and here quite a sober red!

Congratulations on your upcoming delivery.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:17   #4253
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Couldn't help but share my excitement! I finally saw my Car at the showroom today. It is a September manufactured titanium diesel with start stop button. Glad it comes with Goodyears. Attaching the first picture.

Also, I have opted to not take Ford's Insurance and the Essential Kit. Saving about Rs.8000 on insurance and around 3000 on the Essential Kit.

Planning to get 3M protection, crossrail bars and extended 3rd and 4th year warranty.
Hi there!
Congratulations on your new car. When did you book it? And that doesn't look Mars red at all!! Looks more brick red to me.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:23   #4254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooboi View Post
People who have opted for EcoBoosts seem to be out of favor with Metro Ford. I am seeing other EcoBoosts on the road, delivered by Cauvery, Lathangi, and even Elite.
I'd gone to Metro Ford on St. Mark's Road on 19-Jun to pre-book an EcoBoost Titanium (O). However, even then they quoted a waiting period of 6-9 months. Moreover, the SA was quite cold and not welcoming, which put me off.

The next day, I went to Lathangi Ford, and was greeted like a paying customer. Great attitude, one that brought the whole buzz of "new car" back into my head. They quoted a waiting period of 3-4 months.

I went ahead and pre-booked, and just assumed that the difference quoted was each dealer randomly guessing a date, in the absence of better information.

However, I got my car on 29-Aug itself. So its extremely surprising that Metro Ford are not delivering EcoBoosts fast enough.
Old 23rd September 2013, 09:23   #4255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the below

1. ant-pinch feature for the driver side power window
2. Does the park light stays on even after switching ON the headlights ?
1. Anti pinch feature is available for the driver side window.
2. Park light is not on when the headlights are on.
Old 23rd September 2013, 09:32   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
That Mars Red colour is quite the chameleon - it looks like orange at times, bright red at other times and here quite a sober red!

Congratulations on your upcoming delivery.
Exactly! Mars Red is surely a chameleon. I saw one yesterday and it looked much like a dark orange shade, I wondered if this is a new color along with Mars Red! But, I think I was mistaken.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:49   #4257
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing a lot of Titanium variants being delivered, but don't see any Titanium(O) being delivered.
I have booked Titanium(O) and i am wondering if production of this model is stopped/halted temporarily. My gut feeling is that most of the high end models are being exported and dealers are left with only base variants and few Titanium variants.
Also somebody here in earlier post mentioned new Titanium variant comes with different seat material(something similar to leather), is this true? can somebody who have taken the delivery recently confirm the same?
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:56   #4258
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=PrideRed;3245142 can somebody who have taken the delivery recently confirm the same?[/quote]

Here's a picture of my car. Definitely not leather type but different from normal fabric seats also. One thing I noticed yesterday is that water droplets doesnt seep in that easily.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130911_073457.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:11   #4259
VBR
BHPian

Hello there!
I had booked my ecosport diesel titanium on the 5th of July from metro ford, st.marks road.

The sales executive convinces me that I'll be getting the car in the last week of October, although I'm pretty apprehensive about that. Also I had booked the Mars red color. I changed it to white yesterday. Will this consume more time than usual as far has deliveries are concerned? If any of you have booked your cars from metro ford, st.marks road could you please tell me how long you actually waited for the car?

I have heard rumors that the titanium versions delivered after October would not come with the keyless entry and push start button! is that true?
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:34   #4260
BHPian

A question to the experts:

What is so different about the 1.5AT that they decided that only that variant would get hill hold, ESC, EBA and TCA? Do these features depend on the AT gearbox for anything?

Now to the most horrible of them all, tweeter is only available in the AT. That one sure does not need the gearbox, am sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks