Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:48   #4291
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Interesting! CO2 emission between petrol and diesel; diesel has better figures than petrol ones; even better than Ecoboost engine.

CO2 is not the sole indicator of how clean a vehicle is. Though diesels inherently has less CO2 emission than petrols, they emit really high amounts of sulphur and other particulate emissions when compared to petrols.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:05   #4292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Hello Moto-Mariner. I've done a little over 700 km till date, fully in the city. I did my first tankful to tankful check, and it gave me 10.5 km/L. MID was showing 10.4 km/L, so I think that's a reasonable indicator.
Just a get an idea of how good the numbers are, one question: Does that city driving involve the ring roads and the elevated tollways? Or only in mains and crosses?
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:56   #4293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

CO2 is not the sole indicator of how clean a vehicle is. Though diesels inherently has less CO2 emission than petrols, they emit really high amounts of sulphur and other particulate emissions when compared to petrols.
Yes, you are right, but I thought 1.0 L ecoboost to have lesser CO2 emissions, due to high technology involved and engines of this size concentrate on high efficiency in fuel and power with lesser CO2 emissions . Even though it is better than 1.5 L petrol unit...I feel it should have been on par with diesel unit. I guess Fiat .9 L petrol unit has better CO2 emissions.
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:21   #4294
BHPian

Quote:
Writing to these email ID's did not help me much. Ford India replied with standard templates and it was just a pageful of blah blahs without giving out any useful information and completely shifting the responsibility for providing information on delivery to the dealer. Anyway, it could be worth a try.
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:25   #4295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Just a get an idea of how good the numbers are, one question: Does that city driving involve the ring roads and the elevated tollways? Or only in mains and crosses?
My daily commute is 40 km, of which ~33-34 km is fully in the city (Kammanahalli to Dairy Circle; then Dairy Circle to Mekhri Circle via RT Nagar to Hebbal), and 5-6 km is on the ORR (which includes passing through Nagawara, which is a total traffic mess). I start travel at 9:30 am and 8:30 pm.

In context, my 1.3P Getz gives me a steady 10 km/L for the same routes.

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd September 2013 at 22:28.
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:26   #4296
BHPian

Thanks. With the various feedback on this forum, i guess ecoboost must give 12-13 in city and 15-17 on highways. If there is an improvement after the break-in period of 1.5K as widely believed, ecoboost would meet the expectations of most, i believe. Pse do report on the oil level that came ex-factory.
Also, any update on your Michelin's performance? I am taking delivery on wed and planning to go for Primacy 3 ST.

Quote:
Hello Moto-Mariner. I've done a little over 700 km till date, fully in the city. I did my first tankful to tankful check, and it gave me 10.5 km/L. MID was showing 10.4 km/L, so I think that's a reasonable indicator.

I expect this to improve going forwards, as the rains have stopped here, and Bangalore traffic is back to 'normal' (or as normal as can be). I must point out that I idle at signals, since I don't want to go through the hassle of shutting down the turbo correctly, and losing AC & music. People who switch off at signals should get better mileage.

The instantaneous mileage indicator (bar chart on the top of the MID) is immensely useful, as it clearly shows you how different driving styles affect mileage (e.g. lugging, coasting, hard acceleration) - by being conscious of this our driving style will improve

I've just realized I've not checked the oil level since taking delivery, and given its a new car its something I should do sooner than later
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:10   #4297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Thanks. With the various feedback on this forum, i guess ecoboost must give 12-13 in city and 15-17 on highways. If there is an improvement after the break-in period of 1.5K as widely believed, ecoboost would meet the expectations of most, i believe. Pse do report on the oil level that came ex-factory.
Yes, I'm expecting 11-12 in the city (being pessimistic) after running the car in. If I can convince the service guys to do an oil change at 2.5k, I'd be a happy man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Also, any update on your Michelin's performance? I am taking delivery on wed and planning to go for Primacy 3 ST.
Nothing new to add - but I'm very pleased with the 3 ST. If you're fine with the price of these tires, go for it. Here's what I had updated on the EcoSport tire upgrade thread:
Quote:
Brief update after 500 kms:
  • Great dry grip - hard braking is dispatched without any fuss.
  • Great wet grip - however, I didn't try any aggressive manoeuvres (and won't either!)
  • Doesn't make any noise when pushed - I took a curving flyover on-ramp at approx 80 km/h, no fuss and no muss from the tires. I felt the tires had more grip to offer, just that I was chicken to push further :-)

If the only complaint is that these tires wear out faster (as someone commented on this forum), I can live with that, because I'd prefer fresh rubber every few years.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:46   #4298
BHPian

Picture : Ecosport at Lavasa
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-r_eco_1.jpg  

niks_devil666 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 08:32   #4299
BHPian

Hi,

Went to the showroom to have a look at my Titanium Diesel. I am pleased to note that it indeed has the push button start. It has MRF tyres on them.

Still awaiting for some hams to reply on mounting an ICOM 2200 VHF base station in this vehicle?

Last edited by vu2pmc : 24th September 2013 at 08:33.
Old 24th September 2013, 09:10   #4300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
I decided to take this up with the management of Ford and wrote to Mr. Vinay Pirparsania - Exec Director ; the GM (west region) and the GM of the Dealership, stating all the facts and submitting pre-booking proof. I recd a prompt reply from the GM (west) informing me that I need not be too worried and I will receive my car in a couple of weeks. True to his word I did! I must add that had I not escalated my case and believed all the stories my dealer was making up I would have never got my car! I guess the temptation is too much for them to make a quick ( illegal) buck and make allotments out of turn. This is a plain fact and I am convinced that Dealers are shortchanging legit customers everywhere.
Hi ABbaby,

How did you reach out to Vinay Piparsania? Was it a personal connection?

Thanks!
Old 24th September 2013, 11:55   #4301
BHPian

Re: A mini AT review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
A Ecosport AT mini-review:

The car sways wildly while going up and down on potholes. Not a nice feeling, but probably softer springs would have spoiled the handling.
Don't know if this helps but I had the same problem when i took delivery & when i changed the tire pressure to 30, it became much better! The manual also indicates 30 as tire pressure for normal load! However the attendants at fuel stations tend to fill 33 looking at the car size & so do check your tire pressure! It could make a impact
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 11:56   #4302
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends i have some queries:
1.I heard the non metallic ones (i.e white color) is cheaper than metallic by around 3-4K in Ecosport. Is this true?
2.I know the tweeters are absent in TDCi version. But does it have the internal wiring?Is it available as an accessory by Ford?
Old 24th September 2013, 12:26   #4303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
1.I heard the non metallic ones (i.e white color) is cheaper than metallic by around 3-4K in Ecosport. Is this true?
2.I know the tweeters are absent in TDCi version. But does it have the internal wiring?Is it available as an accessory by Ford?
Yes there is nominal price difference in Mettalic and Non Mettalic colour option of EcoSport.
My dealer, TI Ford Guwahati has forwarded me a price list after the price hike in which prices for both are given separately where as in the initial price list immediately after launch had no such price differential.

Regarding wiring for twitter, wiring should be there as just to not give 2 twitters no company will have 2 separate set of wiring harness at manufacturing stage. However owners can comment better on this.
I am still aiting for my Ecoboosst T(O)
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:26   #4304
BHPian

I can confirm that non metallic ones are cheaper by Rs. 3563, Ex Showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:39   #4305
BHPian

Re: A mini AT review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Don't know if this helps but I had the same problem when i took delivery & when i changed the tire pressure to 30, it became much better! The manual also indicates 30 as tire pressure for normal load! However the attendants at fuel stations tend to fill 33 looking at the car size & so do check your tire pressure! It could make a impact
You could be right here. The car came with 36 and 34psi in the front and back respectively. After changing the tyres, it is 30psi now. The swaying got better, but is still present. The springs are hard, can't help that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks