Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 09:18   #4336
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Yesterday, I got a call from Ford ( Chennai). They wanted to know if I had writtent to them about a complaint. This happened 20 days after I had written to them. When I told them that I had already cancelled my booking, the only question was if I had received the refund for the booking amount.

There was no attempt to know the reason behind the cancellation. It seems that they have now got used to getting a lot of cancellations and it is something that does not bother them anymore.
Maybe they were trying to find out if you got a refund so that they can trouble you in case you hadn't, since you had "complained" !! I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 26th September 2013, 09:26   #4337
BHPian

I was tailgating a Diesel Titanium on the way to office today and had one observation. For a "SUV", the size of the indicator and brake lights when blinking/on is too small. Maybe Ford could have made that part chunky to give that mean look. This really looks like a Maruti indicator.
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 09:40   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Came across this Youtube link on Ford India's Facebook Page: http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=iOONz...&feature=share

Now, this is one awesome way to ensure that the bride comes home in a new ride! Hope Ford takes notice of this.
While I hope Ford does something for the poor guy, wouldn't that leave some rightful owner who might be in the queue miffed? Of course, one car delivered earlier to someone won't really make a difference and Ford could really leverage this as a good PR exercise.

Only thing is the nincompoops at Ford India have to see the sarcasm behind the video.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 09:54   #4339
BHPian

Hello Experts

Finally got a call from Riddhi Ford Delhi for my White Trend TDCi Ecosport. It will be reaching their showroom tomorrow and I plan to take delivery on 6th October 2013.
I talked to SA and he said they have cashless setup with only these 3 for Insurance:
1. Bajaj Allianz
2. Iffko Tokio
3. Royal Sundaram

I talked to Bajaj Allianz and they have quoted 31K for a zero-dep policy whereas dealer is mentioning it as 35K.

Can somebody help me as to which insurance should I buy so that I can save some significant money and add saved money on alloy wheels

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 26th September 2013, 10:25   #4340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Experts

Finally got a call from Riddhi Ford Delhi for my White Trend TDCi Ecosport. It will be reaching their showroom tomorrow and I plan to take delivery on 6th October 2013.
I talked to SA and he said they have cashless setup with only these 3 for Insurance:
1. Bajaj Allianz
2. Iffko Tokio
3. Royal Sundaram

I talked to Bajaj Allianz and they have quoted 31K for a zero-dep policy whereas dealer is mentioning it as 35K.

Can somebody help me as to which insurance should I buy so that I can save some significant money and add saved money on alloy wheels

I think 31K for Trend variant is very expensive I would say try Royal sundaram with my knowledge zero-dep should come around 25k
Old 26th September 2013, 11:40   #4341
BHPian

A message to all Chennai folks who may have booked an Ecoboost Titanium with Chennai Ford(or even MPL, looks like this may not be relevant). The CRM at Chennai Ford tells me that there is a 1.0L Ecoboost Manual Titanium in Blue color available at Madurai and can be sourced. Just FYI in case you may be interested.

Note : Please do due diligence as appropriate, though.
Old 26th September 2013, 11:52   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Experts

1. Bajaj Allianz
2. Iffko Tokio
3. Royal Sundaram

Hi Harpreet, Can you please share your booking details here? It would be really helpful to the ones waiting in line!
Old 26th September 2013, 12:25   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Experts

Hi !

When did you book ?
Old 26th September 2013, 12:26   #4344
BHPian

If anyone has taken delivery of Titanium without Push button feature can you update if Titanium prices are reduced for this removed feature?
Old 26th September 2013, 12:53   #4345
nmo
BHPian

CNBC Awaz is taking up Ford Ecosport booking woes in their TV show 'Pehredar'. Received a call from the anchor of the show - Priyanka Sambhav who asked me why I cancelled my booking. I summarized the reasons in brief:

1) Non-transparent Booking / allocation process - Booking priority number not provided by dealer, number of bookings received by dealer before my booking, expected delivery date etc.

2) Out of turn allocations - dealer is allocating cars to customers who are making full payment 45 days in advance

3) Even customers who pre-booked the car or even booked on launch / price announcement date get no price protection from Ford

4) Dealers are forcing customers to buy insurance from them which is higher by Rs 10,000/- odd rupees than one bought online as well as accessory pack.

She also asked me about the refund experience and I told her that I was told 3-4 days for processing refund but later was being given run-about by the dealer staff till I decided to write to Pehredar and National Consumer helpline. Next day I received the duly back-dated refund cheque for Rs 47,000/- and have received cheque for Rs 3,000/- yesterday.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:18   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
CNBC Awaz is taking up Ford Ecosport booking woes in their TV show 'Pehredar'. Received a call from the anchor of the show - Priyanka Sambhav who asked me why I cancelled my booking. I summarized the reasons in brief:

1) Non-transparent Booking / allocation process - Booking priority number not provided by dealer, number of bookings received by dealer before my booking, expected delivery date etc.

2) Out of turn allocations - dealer is allocating cars to customers who are making full payment 45 days in advance

3) Even customers who pre-booked the car or even booked on launch / price announcement date get no price protection from Ford

4) Dealers are forcing customers to buy insurance from them which is higher by Rs 10,000/- odd rupees than one bought online as well as accessory pack.

She also asked me about the refund experience and I told her that I was told 3-4 days for processing refund but later was being given run-about by the dealer staff till I decided to write to Pehredar and National Consumer helpline. Next day I received the duly back-dated refund cheque for Rs 47,000/- and have received cheque for Rs 3,000/- yesterday.
If CNBC Awaz is smart, they will contact Team BHP Mods as well, who can then give them a sensing of the group's sentiments as a whole. Hope this leads to some affirmative action from Ford.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:57   #4347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
A message to all Chennai folks who may have booked an Ecoboost Titanium with Chennai Ford(or even MPL, looks like this may not be relevant). The CRM at Chennai Ford tells me that there is a 1.0L Ecoboost Manual Titanium in Blue color available at Madurai and can be sourced. Just FYI in case you may be interested.

Note : Please do due diligence as appropriate, though.
So was it a display vehicle in Madurai ? Or a vehicle which was allocated and then not taken by the customer. Did the CRM have any information related to that ?
Old 26th September 2013, 14:01   #4348
BHPian

Quote:
I too booked Trend 1.5D (White) on 1st Sep in Chennai and awaiting for my turn.

Dealer quoted price on insurance:32,274/-
Direct Royal Sundaram quote: 25,265/-
Difference: 7K approx.

Try Royal Sundaram. Request for a quote online and wait for call back(They will call you immediate day or the next day. They are very good and customer friendly.

BTW what is your booking date and what colour ??
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 14:26   #4349
BHPian

Just checked with my SA in Metro Ford, on road price of titanium Tdci is reduced by 18,000 for models without keyless entry.
A small consolation for the double whammy we received.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 26th September 2013 at 14:28.
Old 26th September 2013, 14:51   #4350
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
If CNBC Awaz is smart, they will contact Team BHP Mods as well, who can then give them a sensing of the group's sentiments as a whole. Hope this leads to some affirmative action from Ford.
Their research team has already browsed through T-BHP Ecosport official review thread as well as some other auto forums. So, they do have a sense of what is going on. In the opening part, the lady summarizes the situation quite well.

Most Viewed