Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 11:40   #4426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Exactly contrary to your view, I feel the horn button is big pain. Try honking when your steering is turned. You will end up pressing the Audio controls.

I hate the horn button. Just too small and hard. Not at all India friendly.
Well when compared to a horn pad of non airbag version it is hard which is expected.But when i compare it to the vento which also has airbag,i feel the pad in ecosport is lot better to use.
Old 29th September 2013, 12:09   #4427

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Finally, after a long painful wait, I got a call from Elite ford that vehicle allocated to me has reached their Stockyard. I had pre-booked Ecosport Titanium Diesel Mars Red on 22nd of June. I'm going to do the PDI tomorrow ( Team -BHP PDI checklist printed) and see the vehicle in person. My SA has confirmed to me that it has Push Button Start Stop & Smart Keyless Entry. Though I had to wait for just over 3 months, the attitude of dealership has been supportive so far.

Thanks to Wildon, the VIN is decoded and vehicle is manufactured on 12th of Aug, 2013.
I got my ecosport Titanium (O) TDCi from Elite ford on 30th August. Incidentally, the VIN indicated that the vehicle was built on 12th august - so we share the birthday (?)

Quote:

1) Is there anything suspicious about getting a 40 days old vehicle, especially Ecosport ? I had written to Ford & Dealership before allocation of Vehicle. Can someone please guide me what to check carefully other than things listed in PDI checklist just to be more than 100% sure ? How to check Odometer connection?
I do not think you need to worry. I felt that Elite ford has been quite honest and they would not want to pass a used vehicle to you. What was the odo reading when you saw it first? Mine was 35 km. Anything under 100 should be good

Quote:

3) I'm planning to take insurance from outside. Can earlier owners confirm that Reliance has cashless transaction facility with Elite ford Bangalore ? Which would be the best for Elite Ford ?
No, they do not have reliance in their list. However, I managed to get cashless Royal Sundaram Zero dep from Elite at a pretty competetive rate.

Quote:
4). I'm taking some loan from SBI, got a message that loan has been sanctioned. I am told that I need to carry "Form 20" & full Down payment receipt to SBI. Do I need to make full payment to dealership before SBI can allocate/disburse me the loan ?
I took loan from SBH. I made (full cost - loan amount) payment to elite before getting form 20.

Quote:
Also, if possible, it would be great if fellow BHPians who have taken vehicle from Elite Ford can PM me their number for a quick conversation and advice ?

Thanks in Advance
I would be happy to talk. However, I do not know how to PM
Old 29th September 2013, 12:27   #4428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
I got my ecosport Titanium (O) TDCi from Elite ford on 30th August. Incidentally, the VIN indicated that the vehicle was built on 12th august - so we share the birthday (?)
When did you book your car ?

Meanwhile,Dealership woes continue!

I had booked my Titanium + on 26th June, at the time of booking I was told i'll get the car by Sept-end or October 1st week max. The SA now tells me car is expected only in Oct-end or Nov 1st week. I tried to escalate but the manager told me my car will come anytime between Dec 21st to 31st!!

How can the waiting period simply double despite booking on launch day ? I suspect foul play and out of turn allocations here. Have told my SA if they don't have a car by Oct end i'll cancel the booking and move to VW for good.
Old 29th September 2013, 13:00   #4429
djs
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot ZENith. Yes we do, and probably we shall meet next year to celebrate the same . Can you provide me the quote with IDV and addons taken by you ? Also, I'll send you my number in a message.

I did an PDI yesterday, checked the Odo and its 28KM so it seems good. My experience with Elite has also been pleasant so far but I'm certainly miffed by Ford with price hike and all that. Luckily, i'm getting Push Start Stop and Smart Keyless entry, but need to pay a higher price. The tyres are MRF .

If Reliance is not in the list then I'll go with Bharti Axa or Royal Sundaram.
Old 29th September 2013, 13:12   #4430

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
When did you book your car ?
I (pre)booked on 14th June. Absolutely no unethical push-pulls applied to get the delivery. However, I did sit on my SAs head and followed up almost on a daily basis, escalated the matter to write2md and called up ford customer care multiple times. I took the insurance from dealer (after a good bargain), took the essential pack (Rs 4500/-) and 3rd and 4th year RSA.

Contrary to the general belief on the forum, I think ford and not the dealers are to be blamed to have created a scenario where the trust among the customers has nosedived. Ford should come out with the actual number of orders in their book and the current production capacities, how many of those produced are being exported etc. etc. - That might help build customers trust and they would be able take a better decision - whether to cancel the booking or hold on for some more time.

Just my two cents
Old 29th September 2013, 13:22   #4431
BHPian

Some interesting observations on the ecoboost engines by clarkson. The technology sure looks complicated. I hope ford has done enough testing on these engines.

Quote:
And before you think that a 999cc three-cylinder engine could not possibly produce enough power to move a car as large as a Focus, look at the figures. It produces 123 brake horsepower — exactly what was delivered by Ford’s old 1.6 Focus. But amazingly you get more torque and, of course, greatly reduced fuel consumption.
This best-of-all-worlds solution has been achieved thanks to some extremely clever thinking. The torque comes from a very long piston stroke and a turbocharger that can spin at up to 248,000rpm. That’s 16 times faster than the blades in a jet engine.
There’s more. In most engines the pressure on the top of the piston is around 150 pounds per square inch (psi). In a normal turbo that might get as high as 200psi. But in the EcoBoost’s micro-motor it’s more than 350psi.
Then there’s the detailing. The cam belt runs in oil so it’s silent and will last for ever. Ford has even split the cooling system so that the business part of the engine and the people in the car can warm up as quickly as possible on cold mornings. And the exhaust manifold is water-cooled as well. It’s probably fair to say that there is more innovation and technology in this engine than you find in a Lamborghini V12.
http://www.reddit.com/r/clarkson/com...ford_focus_10/

I hope ford brings this engine into all its cars in india soon.
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 14:32   #4432
BHPian

Safe and happy miles in your Ecosports to all of you out there who have been lucky enough to get deliveries.

Its already been a long wait of 3 months since booking and its going to be another 3 months from now before i get delivery as i have finally decided to stick on with the Ecosport for want of alternative options within my requirements and budget. Had a look at the Nissan Terrano yesterday. While it looks sturdy and spacious, it would still be a four seater as the AC duct for the rear hampers accommodating an additional person. The vehicle was not available for a test drive and the pricing is not yet out.

So it was back to the Ford dealer for a realistic understanding of how long the wait would be. The SA seemed to be genuinely upset over Ford India not delivering Titanium and Titanium (Optional) variants as required as he not only had to answer harried customers but also said that he had to wait for his variables which were linked to vehicle deliveries.

Not sure if Ford is doing anything at all to speed up deliveries, and the message from them to lesser mortals like me seems to be "We have a great product. If you want it, Keep waiting". How i wish i had alternative options to teach these guys a lesson.

Another thought crossing my mind is that would it be economical to stick with the Ecoboost if there is another price hike or move to the Diesel variant. Talked this over with my SA but was told that if i shifted preferences i would have to move back into the Diesel que. Not a very pleasant situation to be in. Just to let you'll know, i went ahead with the Ecoboost for the initial pricing and the positive reviews on the Ecoboost engine. Based on the short test drive i was permitted to have, i preferred the Ecoboost.My average usage per month is around 1200 to 1500 Kms. What do you;ll think guys? Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old 29th September 2013, 16:11   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I (pre)booked on 14th June. Absolutely no unethical push-pulls applied to get the delivery. However, I did sit on my SAs head and followed up almost on a daily basis, escalated the matter to write2md and called up ford customer care multiple times. I took the insurance from dealer (after a good bargain), took the essential pack (Rs 4500/-) and 3rd and 4th year RSA.

Just my two cents
Thanks for the pointers ! The difference is I did no follow-up for 2 months since the waiting period was said to be 3 months, beginning this month I've started following up but unfortunately something fishy seems to be going on at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Safe and happy miles in your Ecosports to all of you out there who have been lucky enough to get deliveries.

Its already been a long wait of 3 months since booking and its going to be another 3 months from now before i get delivery as i have finally decided to stick on with the Ecosport for want of alternative options within my requirements and budget.
If you want it, Keep waiting". How i wish i had alternative options to teach these guys a lesson.
Looks like what happened with me has happened to you as well. When did you make the booking and what is the reason for the additional waiting period ? Also, I think for your usage, its better to go with diesel. You will recover the additional amount spent in a few years' time. Alternative options, unfortunately have been delayed, when they arrive I won't be surprised if the same dealers call all those customers who cancelled saying there are now discounts on ecosport!
Old 29th September 2013, 17:15   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
While in the case of Maruthi it is always the other way round in India, also is there a driver airbag on your Maruthi? Because airbag on steering wheel will obviously increase the driver effort for honking.
Cheers!
Well! Thanks for pointing that. I do agree only in India like countries we do use Horn mostly. BTW my car doesn't have an airbag. But am doing an apple to apple comparison with ES TREND 1.5D which even doesn't have airbags.
Old 29th September 2013, 17:46   #4435
djs
BHPian

Quote:

Contrary to the general belief on the forum, I think ford and not the dealers are to be blamed to have created a scenario where the trust among the customers has nosedived. Ford should come out with the actual number of orders in their book and the current production capacities, how many of those produced are being exported etc. etc. - That might help build customers trust and they would be able take a better decision - whether to cancel the booking or hold on for some more time.

Just my two cents
I completely concur with your views. Ford had not been able to execute whatever they have planned with a product like this in an efficient manner. Putting up a system in place to track the delivery right up from booking to delivery would have been much better. Cancellations are going on at dealerships and those who are still waiting, need to sit on heads of SAs so that dealerships don't give cancelled slots to new customer bookings instead of moving the queue up.
Old 29th September 2013, 18:40   #4436
BHPian

Quote:

took the insurance from dealer (after a good bargain), took the essential pack (Rs 4500/-) and 3rd and 4th year RSA.

Just my two cents
Can you please tell me how much you paid for 3d and 4th year extended warranty?
Old 29th September 2013, 19:15   #4437
BHPian

Took delivery of my MarsRed EcoSport Titanium Diesel on 27th September. Already managed to steal a few eyebrows

Initial impressions include-
1. Drivability is excellent. No engine lag and a horribly light steering wheel for in-city driving. The seating position is superb. You get the feel of a tall car while knowing that you will be able to manoeuvre through small spaces and lanes. It isn't a SUV and that is what distinguishes it from Safari and Fortuner.

2. The keyless entry and start/stop button is a rather cool feature to have. The key stays inside your pocket forever. Period.

3. Fuel consumption is likely to be around 17-18 KMPL in city (achieving close to this). I have been around these figures with both Octavia and Figo.

4. It isn't big and I am attaching a picture of the bold Mars Red elder sister with a subtle Sea Grey Figo. The windows and doors show remarkable similarities. The height and length aren't those different as well.

5. After refusing the Essential Package from the dealer, I have managed to source 3D floor mats made for Ecosport and also got fitted "Dolphin" brand seat covers. The fitting for these has come out perfect!

6. The EcoSport looks mummy of my Duke!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4408.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4419.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4432.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4440.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4446.jpg  

himanshuchadha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 19:18   #4438
BHPian

Would like to know if the waiting period applies to all the trims available in Diesel ? How long is the waiting period for Ecoboost ?
Old 29th September 2013, 19:28   #4439
VBR
BHPian

3 months ago I committed one of the biggest mistakes of my life. To venture into a new brand called "ford". My SA tells me that I'll have to wait for another 3 months, and since I already drive a vento, I don't want to have another sedan in my garage, nor do I want a hatch like a polo.

The duster and terrano never impressed me and never will, and I have no other option but to stick with my choice and WAIT.
Old 29th September 2013, 19:41   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Would like to know if the waiting period applies to all the trims available in Diesel ? How long is the waiting period for Ecoboost ?
@Chetan

Trend And Ambient - 6 to 9 months
Titanium and Titanium + - 9 to 12 months

Choose your dealer wisely as apart from the shortage in supply the dealer attitude and fairness also matters how soon you get your vehicle.

Most Viewed