Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 20:11   #4441
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Took delivery of my MarsRed EcoSport Titanium Diesel on 27th September. Already managed to steal a few eyebrows
When did you book your car?
Old 29th September 2013, 20:43   #4442
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Would like to know if the waiting period applies to all the trims available in Diesel ? How long is the waiting period for Ecoboost ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Choose your dealer wisely as apart from the shortage in supply the dealer attitude and fairness also matters how soon you get your vehicle.
Techfreak raises a good point here.

Since you're in Bangalore, I'd personally vouch for Lathangi, I never felt anything underhanded in their procedures, and got my EcoSport 2 months after booking it. Others have had fairly good experiences with Elite also. Metro Ford - not too sure.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I think Metro Ford is the better of the Bangalore dealers in the aspect of out-of-turn allotments, especially when compared to Lathagi who does it hush hush and Elite who is vocal about it.
Thank you for clarifying about Metro Ford.

Last edited by arunphilip : 29th September 2013 at 21:00.
Old 29th September 2013, 20:54   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
3 months ago I committed one of the biggest mistakes of my life. To venture into a new brand called "ford". My SA tells me that I'll have to wait for another 3 months, and since I already drive a vento, I don't want to have another sedan in my garage, nor do I want a hatch like a polo.

The duster and terrano never impressed me and never will, and I have no other option but to stick with my choice and WAIT.
I can see the frustration, but buying cars don't fall into "biggest mistakes". Especially when it is a decision that can be reversed.

I see that you have booked on July 5. The next few days after the launch, Ford had received a flurry of bookings, so it is natural that you have to wait. Many people who have pre-booked still are waiting. From what I have come to understand Ford is actively servicing export demand and going slow on domestic demand. Nothing wrong from a business point of view, but.

All you can do now is make sure that the dealer is not overlooking your turn in favour of others. I think Metro Ford is the better of the Bangalore dealers in the aspect of out-of-turn allotments, especially when compared to Lathagi who does it hush hush and Elite who is vocal about it. All you can do is keep following up regularly (showing up at the showroom). Also give them 2-3 colour options. More often than not, color is the excuse they give for making out-of-turn allotments.
ecosport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 20:58   #4444
BHPian

Guys never ever book a Ford car with Riddhi Ford, New Delhi. The dealers attitute is very very dirty. I will write my today's experience in detail tomorrow.
Old 29th September 2013, 21:36   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Thank you for clarifying about Metro Ford.
I can't vouch for Metro Ford, as I don't have any experience with them. I have formed my opinion from other people's experiences in this thread.

Lathangi seems to deliver Ecoboosts quite fast. BHPian penpavan received his ecoboost in about a week's time. You too seem to have got it quite fast. Even in my case, as I was waiting for my AT, I was offered an ecoboost instead.
Old 29th September 2013, 22:40   #4446

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Can you please tell me how much you paid for 3d and 4th year extended warranty?

If I remember correctly then 3rd and 4th year extended warranty was Rs. 16500/-
ZENith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 00:03   #4447
BHPian

[quote="himanshuchadha"]Took delivery of my MarsRed EcoSport Titanium Diesel on 27th September. Already managed to steal a few eyebrows

5. After refusing the Essential Package from the dealer, I have managed to source 3D floor mats made for Ecosport and also got fitted "Dolphin" brand seat covers. The fitting for these has come out perfect!

Could you please let know the source of 3D floor mats ? Is that 3D kagu ?

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 30th September 2013 at 00:06.
Old 30th September 2013, 02:19   #4448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thanks for the pointers ! The difference is I did no follow-up for 2 months since the waiting period was said to be 3 months, beginning this month I've started following up but unfortunately something fishy seems to be going on at the dealership.

Looks like what happened with me has happened to you as well. When did you make the booking and what is the reason for the additional waiting period ? Also, I think for your usage, its better to go with diesel. You will recover the additional amount spent in a few years' time. Alternative options, unfortunately have been delayed, when they arrive I won't be surprised if the same dealers call all those customers who cancelled saying there are now discounts on ecosport!
Absolutely same here shashank i thought i will PM you regarding this i did speak to my SA he said exact same words I doubt something is happening at Cauvery Ford Bangalore
But how much can we also fight hence decided to meet the GM and ask for written document as to when they will deliver and I have also mailed ford regarding when my dealer sent my booking to ford

I can sense that political pressure is making them give the vehicles
when i had gone few people were speaking to manager telling that D.K.Shiv Kumar (a powerful MLA in Karnataka) had sent them to get their vehicle and same was mentioned in the letter that they were holding.
So I really don't know what Cauvery Ford is up to
honestly i regret choosing Cauvery Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
When did you book your car ?

Meanwhile,Dealership woes continue!

I had booked my Titanium + on 26th June, at the time of booking I was told i'll get the car by Sept-end or October 1st week max. The SA now tells me car is expected only in Oct-end or Nov 1st week. I tried to escalate but the manager told me my car will come anytime between Dec 21st to 31st!!

How can the waiting period simply double despite booking on launch day ? I suspect foul play and out of turn allocations here. Have told my SA if they don't have a car by Oct end i'll cancel the booking and move to VW for good.
Saw terrano and duster again didnt impress me a lot its a 4 seater
i don't need extra boot doesn't have bells and whistles that i need
Vento seems to a good choice so is Skoda Rapid
but we want Eco Sport lets fight for it together until the dealer delivers it
Old 30th September 2013, 06:33   #4449
BHPian

Quote:

When did you book your car?
22nd June. Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar Delhi.

These 3D mats made by a local accessory distributor in Delhi. These were branded 'BOSS'. I got them for Rs.1500. These fitted snugly.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 30th September 2013 at 14:10. Reason: back to back posts. please use multiquote feature to quote & reply to multiple posts
Old 30th September 2013, 09:20   #4450
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I can't vouch for Metro Ford, as I don't have any experience with them. I have formed my opinion from other people's experiences in this thread.

Lathangi seems to deliver Ecoboosts quite fast. BHPian penpavan received his ecoboost in about a week's time. You too seem to have got it quite fast. Even in my case, as I was waiting for my AT, I was offered an ecoboost instead.
I have booked my Ecosport with Metro Ford. They gave a very warm welcome even during the phase when the car was just launched. They had their feet on the ground. However, I have booked my Ecosport on 29th June 2013 and I still have no clue whatsoever when my car will get delivered.

All I asked my SA at Metro Ford was to provide me with his inventory schedule / plan so that I can comprehend a realistic waiting time. And they are not even willing to share that. I wonder why?

On the other hand, so many of my friends here at team-bhp and outside have got their Ecosport from Lathangi. Guess I should've booked there itself.
Old 30th September 2013, 09:30   #4451
avm
BHPian

Quote:
3 months ago I committed one of the biggest mistakes of my life. To venture into a new brand called "ford". My SA tells me that I'll have to wait for another 3 months, and since I already drive a vento, I don't want to have another sedan in my garage, nor do I want a hatch like a polo.

The duster and terrano never impressed me and never will, and I have no other option but to stick with my choice and WAIT.
Take a chill pill buddy. I know how you feel. Iv booked my Ecosport on June 29th and am still waiting with no clue of estimated time. Every time I call the dealer the waiting period changes!

Patience is the key here. Regular follow ups have to be made. If there is no convincing response from the dealer, the matter has to be escalated at time.

All I can say is, the car will be worth the wait. Enjoy the Vento till then

Cheers!
Old 30th September 2013, 09:50   #4452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Guys never ever book a Ford car with Riddhi Ford, New Delhi. The dealers attitute is very very dirty. I will write my today's experience in detail tomorrow.
Hello Folks
Here is what happened last day.
On call from the dealer on Saturday I went to see my car on Sunday. But on reaching there the Asst. Sales Manager and Delivery manager - Deepa verma and Vineet Chauhan simply refused to take me their Jasola ware house where my car was parked.
On literally fighting with them they even refused to provide me the VIN Number of my car. It was really a disgusting feeling that I'm buying a Ford vehicle and that too from Riddhi Ford. Once I take the delivery, I never ever plan to be the showroom. Never Ever.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:35   #4453

Got my trend diesel delivered last week, but I'm a bit confused with the working of the instantaneous fuel consumption indicator.

When the vehicle is stationary and slotted in gear the indicator gives the maximum reading (20 km/l).

But when i coast along in 5th gear with no accelerator input it gives the minimum reading (almost 0 km/l).
Old 30th September 2013, 11:31   #4454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Absolutely same here shashank i thought i will PM you regarding this i did speak to my SA he said exact same words I doubt something is happening at Cauvery Ford Bangalore
But how much can we also fight hence decided to meet the GM and ask for written document as to when they will deliver and I have also mailed ford regarding when my dealer sent my booking to ford
I can sense that political pressure is making them give the vehicles
when i had gone few people were speaking to manager telling that D.K.Shiv Kumar (a powerful MLA in Karnataka) had sent them to get their vehicle and same was mentioned in the letter that they were holding.
So I really don't know what Cauvery Ford is up to
honestly i regret choosing Cauvery Ford
but we want Eco Sport lets fight for it together until the dealer delivers it
Absolutely Anil. Will PM you my number. Lets co-ordinate and visit the dealer on the sameday. I spoke to some Ryan chap (SA gave me his no) who told me my car will come in Dec! I have many alternatives which will do just fine for my requirements but Ecosport is the first choice so will pressurize them and try to get it.

I have no problem waiting till Dec provided Ford won't increase prices/remove features or do any such similar things to compromise on the overall package.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:42   #4455

Hello everyone!
Just got my membership approved and I thought this would be the right place for my first post rather than the introduction thread.
I have been an avid follower for almost 2 years and finally decided to take the plunge. Though not exactly the right time since I am studying for my Post graduate entrance exams(MD/MS) which are just round the corner.
Why post here? Got my Panther Black Ecosport Diesel Titanium on 2nd September!
Booked at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon on 26th June and after more than 2 months of constant follow up and tens of mails to SA, MD, Customer Care and Owners of Harpreet Ford got a call on 1 September to take my delivery. It was more like me harassing them every other day with phone calls and emails. I think they got fed up and delivered me the car.
eco-doc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks