Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 12:55   #4456
BHPian

Moderator note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote (Quote+) or await moderator approval to EDIT the original post. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post

I can sense that political pressure is making them give the vehicles
when i had gone few people were speaking to manager telling that D.K.Shiv Kumar (a powerful MLA in Karnataka) had sent them to get their vehicle and same was mentioned in the letter that they were holding.
So I really don't know what Cauvery Ford is up to
honestly i regret choosing Cauvery Ford

Was at my dealers on Saturday. Was asked by the concerned if it would be possible to get a recomendatory letter from an MP/MLA to try and speed up delivery as a few others were attempting this route. I refused as i dont want to resort to such methods for the sake of a vehicle delivery.

Just wondering, if all this is true, allotments are being made to benefit a few well connected people at the expense of the others.

Request to all Ecoboost owners: Kindly post your reviews on FE.

One of the main considerations in me booking the Ecoboost was the FE and the initial VFM price. Now with the price increased and trimmed down features, i have already lost out and with another rumored price hike on the cards i would be losing out even further. The only positive i could hang on to would be the FE but if the FE does not match upto the range which Ford has been claiming i would have to quickly rethink on opting for the diesel.

Understand that driving style, traffic and road conditions do affect FE. What i am targeting is an FE of 12-13 under city conditions which could go upto 16-17 on highways, post run in.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th September 2013 at 13:08.
Old 30th September 2013, 13:07   #4457
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post

Was at my dealers on Saturday. Was asked by the concerned if it would be possible to get a recomendatory letter from an MP/MLA to try and speed up delivery as a few others were attempting this route. I refused as i dont want to resort to such methods for the sake of a vehicle delivery.
True. This is happening everywhere. But a senior manager of one showroom here in Kerala was terminated as he tried to jump the queue and give the car to another customer with recommendation.
Old 30th September 2013, 13:14   #4458
BHPian

Need not be based on recommendation , if the manager has booking from someone whom he needs to take care of , he can very well allocate the vehicle to him , Dealers just maintain an excel sheet with the customer name , they change the rows according to their need , unfortunately i have seen and experienced this personally .
Old 30th September 2013, 13:29   #4459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerate89 View Post
Got my trend diesel delivered last week, but I'm a bit confused with the working of the instantaneous fuel consumption indicator.

When the vehicle is stationary and slotted in gear the indicator gives the maximum reading (20 km/l).

But when i coast along in 5th gear with no accelerator input it gives the minimum reading (almost 0 km/l).
Pls check carefully. It must be 20 km/h and not 20 km/l
Old 30th September 2013, 13:42   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
On the other hand, so many of my friends here at team-bhp and outside have got their Ecosport from Lathangi. Guess I should've booked there itself.
No dealer seems to be a saint here. In my case everything was perfect with my dealer except that they were overlooking my turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Patience is the key here.
Actually, it is quite difficult going by my experience. I had decided to wait patiently as I had my Civic, but seeing people, who booked after me, getting deliveries and posting their pics here, started making me go mad. If you can also keep yourselves off this thread, patience "might" work.
Quote:
Got my trend diesel delivered last week, but I'm a bit confused with the working of the instantaneous fuel consumption indicator.

When the vehicle is stationary and slotted in gear the indicator gives the maximum reading (20 km/l).

But when i coast along in 5th gear with no accelerator input it gives the minimum reading (almost 0 km/l).
That's funny. For me, while coasting, it shows 30kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
I think they got fed up and delivered me the car.
More often than not, this is why they deliver cars to us mortals. They get fed up and want to get rid of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Folks
Here is what happened last day.
On call from the dealer on Saturday I went to see my car on Sunday. But on reaching there the Asst. Sales Manager and Delivery manager - Deepa verma and Vineet Chauhan simply refused to take me their Jasola ware house where my car was parked.
On literally fighting with them they even refused to provide me the VIN Number of my car. It was really a disgusting feeling that I'm buying a Ford vehicle and that too from Riddhi Ford. Once I take the delivery, I never ever plan to be the showroom. Never Ever.
You have the right to see the car and do PDI before paying for it.

Last edited by ecosport : 30th September 2013 at 13:45.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 14:10   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Request to all Ecoboost owners: Kindly post your reviews on FE.
True. we need to have posts on FE on the diesel. For me if it is 12-13 kmpl in the city then definitely its a deal breaker. So guys please post in your FEs.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th September 2013 at 14:28.
Old 30th September 2013, 16:28   #4462
BHPian

Quote:

Hi accelerate89, how much FE does it give you in actual ? Did you test this somehow ? Forget about the mileage indicator.
Old 30th September 2013, 19:29   #4463
BHPian

1.5P AT FE update:

If the average FE indicator can be believed:

- 6kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic
- 9kmpl in semi-urban roads (speeds between 40-50kmph)
- 20kmpl on highway, no AC, 80kmph max, light traffic
- 17kmpl same road, with AC, 100kmph max, moderate traffic

Overall 9.5kmpl. Not very encouraging.
ecosport is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 00:49   #4464
Senior - BHPian

Those busy in following up regarding your bookings can use this link to write to what appears to be the email-ids of the MD of dealerships across India:

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...obnocache=true
shashank.nk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 01:07   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post

Hello Folks
Here is what happened last day.
On call from the dealer on Saturday I went to see my car on Sunday. But on reaching there the Asst. Sales Manager and Delivery manager - Deepa verma and Vineet Chauhan simply refused to take me their Jasola ware house where my car was parked.
On literally fighting with them they even refused to provide me the VIN Number of my car. It was really a disgusting feeling that I'm buying a Ford vehicle and that too from Riddhi Ford. Once I take the delivery, I never ever plan to be the showroom. Never Ever.
Can you please tell, when did you book you ES with Riddhi.

I have booked my ES AT on 2nd july woth Riddhi and now they are saying it will take anather 4 months
Old 1st October 2013, 02:23   #4466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Hello everyone!
Just got my membership approved and I thought this would be the right place for my first post rather than the introduction thread.
I have been an avid follower for almost 2 years and finally decided to take the plunge. Though not exactly the right time since I am studying for my Post graduate entrance exams(MD/MS) which are just round the corner.
Why post here? Got my Panther Black Ecosport Diesel Titanium on 2nd September!
Booked at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon on 26th June and after more than 2 months of constant follow up and tens of mails to SA, MD, Customer Care and Owners of Harpreet Ford got a call on 1 September to take my delivery. It was more like me harassing them every other day with phone calls and emails. I think they got fed up and delivered me the car.
Hey ecodoc ,
Welcome to the ecosport family,wishing you miles of happiness.
May be others have to learn a thing or two from you regarding ford follow up.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:46   #4467
BHPian

It was already mentioned in the forum, so just a confirmation, the third button on the remote do actually OPEN the rear door.

Had a look again at the beauty last evening, DIESEL AND 1.5 P (Both Manual) for a final call as got a call finally from SA, might be getting allotted my car today and delivery in 10 days if all goes fine.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 09:37   #4468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
It was already mentioned in the forum, so just a confirmation, the third button on the remote do actually OPEN the rear door.
You are right. I was surprised when SA told this to me during briefing. Guess the moderators should update the thread.
Not sure why Ford preferred to keep the button unmarked.
Old 1st October 2013, 09:37   #4469
BHPian

I met a few business men in Faridabad last night, both having Titanium TDCI Ecosports. On inquiry I came to know they never booked the car. They just payed INR 55000 in cash as premium amount and the car was delivered instantly by the dealer. They simply refused to divulge details of the dealer, who gave them this out-of-turn allotment.
Old 1st October 2013, 10:12   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
1.5P AT FE update:

If the average FE indicator can be believed:

- 6kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic
- 9kmpl in semi-urban roads (speeds between 40-50kmph)
- 20kmpl on highway, no AC, 80kmph max, light traffic
- 17kmpl same road, with AC, 100kmph max, moderate traffic

Overall 9.5kmpl. Not very encouraging.
Same here as Ecosport FE for 1.5AT
- 8.4 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic
- 14 kmpl on Highway with A/c and 4 passengers
Overall the FE for the 1.5AT is disappointing. My SA tells me that it will improve dramatically after the 1st service
royfernandez is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed