Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 10:17   #4471

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi accelerate89, how much FE does it give you in actual ? Did you test this somehow ? Forget about the mileage indicator.

I topped up the fuel for around 500rs and made a 160 kms long trip. When I got back home the fuel indicator was almost at the same spot (a little less though), so do the math. Diesel price was around 55.04 here that day. The city:highway split should be around 30:70 and the AC was always on. Pretty good figure for a car that has hardly run-in.

Last edited by accelerate89 : 1st October 2013 at 10:44.
accelerate89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 10:19   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
You are right. I was surprised when SA told this to me during briefing. Guess the moderators should update the thread.
Not sure why Ford preferred to keep the button unmarked.
For me that third button is a dummy one! It does not get pressed (no click)

Are you sure?
Old 1st October 2013, 10:23   #4473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
For me that third button is a dummy one! It does not get pressed (no click)

Are you sure?
What variant of Ecosport you have? Mine in Titanium with Push button and keyless remote. The button is very hard and is not soft touch. You have to press very hard. For the boot to release you have to press the button twice.
Old 1st October 2013, 10:40   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Same here as Ecosport FE for 1.5AT
- 8.4 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic
- 14 kmpl on Highway with A/c and 4 passengers
Overall the FE for the 1.5AT is disappointing. My SA tells me that it will improve dramatically after the 1st service
Is this trip computer mileage or the traditional "tankfull - to - tankfull" basis ?

On the whole, this does not look too bad, for a 1.2 ton, 1.5L, normally aspirated gasoline engine, the figure's ok. For example a Honda City AT also returns the same mileage under heavy traffic conditions.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 10:48   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Is this trip computer mileage or the traditional "tankfull - to - tankfull" basis ?

On the whole, this does not look too bad, for a 1.2 ton, 1.5L, normally aspirated gasoline engine, the figure's ok. For example a Honda City AT also returns the same mileage under heavy traffic conditions.
Arjab, This is the Trip Computer the tankful to tankful gives me 8 kmpl. I understand your logic about the 1.2ton 1.5L normally aspirated engine & do not expect miracles in terms of Fe but will settle for 11-12kmpl in traffic since the AT has the Dual Clutch Technology
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 10:49   #4476
Senior - BHPian

Hearing rumors, (strong one's), from Ford dealers that Ford is going slow on the production for the Mars Red colour.

The reason is that all colours apart from Mars Red are shared with other Ford models (i.e. the Figo & Fiesta) hence it is easier to schedule the paint shop at the plant to "paint a batch"
Mars Red is bespoke to the Ecosport and there are currently no plans to introduce it on the other Ford models.
Apparently, dealers have been covertly told by Ford to "steer" customers away gently towards other colours to close sales.

Anyone on the forum faced any such issue yet?

It seems Ford needs to do a better job at demand management. Price hikes, feature & content re-jigging and now this. What next ?
Old 1st October 2013, 11:30   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
My SA tells me that it will improve dramatically after the 1st service
This statement can't be true for this era as the engines are coming to the car only after a long pre-run test in the plant. there can be slight improvement after some time. Secondly in the first service there is no fluid/filter change. it is a just a complete check-up.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:43   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Hearing rumors, (strong one's), from Ford dealers that Ford is going slow on the production for the Mars Red colour.

The reason is that all colours apart from Mars Red are shared with other Ford models (i.e. the Figo & Fiesta) hence it is easier to schedule the paint shop at the plant to "paint a batch"
Mars Red is bespoke to the Ecosport and there are currently no plans to introduce it on the other Ford models.
Apparently, dealers have been covertly told by Ford to "steer" customers away gently towards other colours to close sales.

Anyone on the forum faced any such issue yet?

It seems Ford needs to do a better job at demand management. Price hikes, feature & content re-jigging and now this. What next ?
I have booked a Mars Red 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium in Chennai and was "suggested" a blue color available immediately at Madurai. hmm, things turn interesting. At the end of it all, will we remember the Ecosport for its product experience or for the dealer experience?!!
Old 1st October 2013, 11:47   #4479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
This statement can't be true for this era as the engines are coming to the car only after a long pre-run test in the plant. there can be slight improvement after some time. Secondly in the first service there is no fluid/filter change. it is a just a complete check-up.
Ford doesn't run their engines in the plant, according to GTO's tour of the Ford plant, they do only a cold test, which will not run in the engine.

Quoting from that thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
At the back, you’ll see the engines being cold-tested. Most other manufacturers use “hot testing” (where the engine is actually started). Ford uses the cold testing approach (no need to start the engine at all).
On the RHS is the hot testing room (engines are pulled out randomly for testing. Only 1 – 2 from a batch of hundreds)
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 12:38   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do not expect miracles in terms of Fe but will settle for 11-12kmpl in traffic since the AT has the Dual Clutch Technology
At low speeds DCT's will not be that much superior compared to manual's as the E-motor governing the shift sequence is pre-programmed, in tandem, with the Transmission Control Unit and the ECU.
Thus the gearbox will not shift up to a higher gear (even if you are in Tiptronic mode), unless the programmed road speed / gearbox speed / engine rpm combo is achieved.
The entire benefit of two clutches gets largely negated due to the crawling speeds which effectively uses a single clutch for 80% of the time to propel the vehicle forward.
Unlike a conventional manual where you can "manually" stick it in - say 2nd or 3rd" and feather the throttle, to eke out a bit more economy

i think after your engine frees up a bit , expect to see 9-9.5 with A/C on in thick traffic.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 13:09   #4481
Senior - BHPian

After a long long wait, endless mails to Ford MD, dealer's MD, countless calls to my SA and the GM, the car is finally going to be mine. I had initially booked a Mars Red Titanium diesel but i wonder why Mars Red had such a low production rate, had given an option to the dealer to upgrade me to T(O) if he can since the removal of keyless entry didnt go well with me but i stuck with my choice of color and didnt budge on white or silver. Had booked on 25th June.

Had already made the full payment a few days back and a Mars Red Tit (o) landed in Delhi yesterday which has been allotted to me. Requested my SA to give the delivery today itself since tomorrow is a holiday and i have a 1200 kms trip planned to the hills on Friday, would love to take Ecosport there instead of Vento. If not today, i will take delivery on Thursday morning
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 13:20   #4482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
After a long long wait, endless mails to Ford MD, dealer's MD, countless calls to my SA and the GM, the car is finally going to be mine. I had initially booked a Mars Red Titanium diesel but i wonder why Mars Red had such a low production rate, had given an option to the dealer to upgrade me to T(O) if he can since the removal of keyless entry didnt go well with me but i stuck with my choice of color and didnt budge on white or silver. Had booked on 25th June.

Had already made the full payment a few days back and a Mars Red Tit (o) landed in Delhi yesterday which has been allotted to me. Requested my SA to give the delivery today itself since tomorrow is a holiday and i have a 1200 kms trip planned to the hills on Friday, would love to take Ecosport there instead of Vento. If not today, i will take delivery on Thursday morning
Congrats coolboy! Finally all that effort of following up has paid-off. I need to follow up like some of you here. Do post your ownership review soon, a short comparo with your Vento will be awesome
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 14:58   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ford doesn't run their engines in the plant, according to GTO's tour of the Ford plant, they do only a cold test, which will not run in the engine.

Quoting from that thread:
I think the EcoBoost is imported. Does that mean the hot test is done elsewhere?
Old 1st October 2013, 16:49   #4484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I think the EcoBoost is imported. Does that mean the hot test is done elsewhere?
I'd hazard a guess (though I'm not certain) that Ford would use the same principle in all their plants. Then again, there's precious little to find and read about Ford's EcoBoost manufacturing beyond the usual marketing drivel (A4 size, cast iron, etc.)!
Old 1st October 2013, 20:05   #4485
BHPian

hi,

Can someone help me in here please? Taking delivery of Sea Grey Titanium Diesel on 5th Oct. Vehicle paid for and registered a week back itself. I need to install a VHF radio inside the car. I have the battery Chord with fuse from Icom Radio Manufacturer. I have a similar radio installed in my Honda City as well since 7 years. I also need two more dc chord / wire to power my windshield mount GPS. All these, I wish to have it direct from battery without disturbing Ecosport's wiring harness.
I visited the showroom, spoke to the service manager, and to my complete surprise, he says, he wont fit any accessory which is not ford approved from his service centre. He also says, if I did it on my own, my warrantty might be void.

Will I writing to FORD be of any help?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks