Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 20:39   #4486
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
hi,

Can someone help me in here please? Taking delivery of Sea Grey Titanium Diesel on 5th Oct. Vehicle paid for and registered a week back itself. I need to install a VHF radio inside the car. I have the battery Chord with fuse from Icom Radio Manufacturer. I have a similar radio installed in my Honda City as well since 7 years. I also need two more dc chord / wire to power my windshield mount GPS. All these, I wish to have it direct from battery without disturbing Ecosport's wiring harness.
I visited the showroom, spoke to the service manager, and to my complete surprise, he says, he wont fit any accessory which is not ford approved from his service centre. He also says, if I did it on my own, my warrantty might be void.

Will I writing to FORD be of any help?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Vu2PMC..VU3JKN reporting here.

Why dont you try the multiple connectors from the same cigarette socket for your GPS?

Something like this
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/multi-port-car-charger
Old 1st October 2013, 20:56   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post

Vu2PMC..VU3JKN reporting here.

Why dont you try the multiple connectors from the same cigarette socket for your GPS?

Something like this
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/multi-port-car-charger
Radio and GPS cables are obviously separate ones. Besides cigarette light adapter loses power when you switch off acc mode.
Old 1st October 2013, 20:58   #4488
BANNED

So, the wierdest of the things happen!!

As you may see from my previous posts in the thread, had booked a Tit(O) EcoBoost within a week of launch, and given an expected delivery time of about 3 months.
A few days back, my dad calls the manager there, and the usual reply that they haven't gotten any EcoBoost yet and no idea when they will.
So, the very next day the guy calls back and says that a customer to whom an EcoBoost was allotted has converted to Diesel, so they have the EcoBoost available(mind you, it is the exact spec we ordered...same variant and color), of course we were ready. So he said he will process it to allott the car to us.
2 days later, the finance guy from the dealer calls and asks for the documents required. Told him that, first tell me the VIN and then all the documents will be dealt with, which he agreed.

Didn't hear from them till today. My Dad was performing surgery, so a staff person jotted down the message.couldn't ask the caller any questions.
They have given a 7-8 digit number of the car.(I guess it is the Engine number??...Any thoughts would be welcome).
Also, they told that our car is here and the company won't be making any more of these and the production is stopping.

As ridiculous as it may sound(Of course I know), has any of the guys also heard something like this?
Old 1st October 2013, 21:06   #4489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Also, they told that our car is here and the company won't be making any more of these and the production is stopping.

As ridiculous as it may sound(Of course I know), has any of the guys also heard something like this?
Just pressuring you to buy the piece. No chance that the EcoBoost is going to stop being produced. Ford is exporting EcoSports with the EcoBoost (ie they import the engine, build the car, and export the product) from India. Why would they stop making the model I was talking to a source at Ford today who said that surprisingly the EcoBoost, despite being a petrol had solid demand.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 21:41   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ford doesn't run their engines in the plant, according to GTO's tour of the Ford plant, they do only a cold test, which will not run in the engine.
Earlier some one from Ford only told me this. For clarification again, I dropped a mail to someone who is working in Ford Factory, once I get the response I will update the thread
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 22:18   #4491
djs
BHPian

Quote:

They have given a 7-8 digit number of the car.(I guess it is the Engine number??...Any thoughts would be welcome).
Well, they must have provided the VIN Number ( 7 alphanumeric's such as DC123456). If vehicle is there in stockyard, you can ask for a copy of "Form 22" which will have Chasis Number ( 17 alphanumeric's ) as well as Engine Number.
Old 1st October 2013, 23:39   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
Radio and GPS cables are obviously separate ones. Besides cigarette light adapter loses power when you switch off acc mode.
The cigarette lighter adapter does not loose power and is continuously on
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:39   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Took delivery of my MarsRed EcoSport Titanium Diesel on 27th September. Already managed to steal a few eyebrows

5. After refusing the Essential Package from the dealer, I have managed to source 3D floor mats made for Ecosport and also got fitted "Dolphin" brand seat covers. The fitting for these has come out perfect!
Congrats buddy. Could you please share the cost of the dolphin seat covers and whether they dismantled the seats to fit the covers or were they able to put the seat covers without dismantling the seats? The set covers really look premium and look very similar to the leather ones in Titanium + models.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:16   #4494
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post

Well, they must have provided the VIN Number ( 7 alphanumeric's such as DC123456). If vehicle is there in stockyard, you can ask for a copy of "Form 22" which will have Chasis Number ( 17 alphanumeric's ) as well as Engine Number.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Will surely try to contact the dealer today, but isn't the VIN of many more digits?
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:02   #4495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. Will surely try to contact the dealer today, but isn't the VIN of many more digits?
The VIN is 17 characters of which:
  • The first 10 are pretty much standard to the model/variant of car
  • 11 and 12 give the year and month of manufacture
  • 13-17 give the series number (which is your unique ID)

So, them giving you a 7 character VIN is fine - you can determine the month of manufacture from it, and this is how they will refer to your car in unofficial documentation (official ones will have the full 17 characters).

The First 10 Characters
In my case, the first 10 characters are "MAJAXXMRKA" for a Petrol EcoBoost Titanium (O). Since yours is the same, the first 10 characters would be identical.

The Next 2 Characters (11-12)
Use the below chart to decode your year/month of manufacture:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-india-vin-chart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Took delivery of my MarsRed EcoSport Titanium Diesel on 27th September.
4. It isn't big and I am attaching a picture of the bold Mars Red elder sister with a subtle Sea Grey Figo.
5. ...fitted "Dolphin" brand seat covers. The fitting for these has come out perfect!
6. The EcoSport looks mummy of my Duke!
Firstly, congratulations on your EcoSport, and welcome to the family!

Those seat covers look great, one would mistake them for what comes with the Titanium (O). Can you please give a few close up shots, especially of the stitching and perforations?

Finally, your Duke looks like its the offspring of the EcoSport and the Figo - those colours all seem to tie in!

Last edited by arunphilip : 2nd October 2013 at 11:09.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:21   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Is this the fastest 300 in Team BHP?
Now coming back to Ecosport,i just realised that the steering cannot be locked if you have push button.I tried couple of times but it didnt work.Am i missing something here or is it right that steering lock is not possible for one with push button.
The front headrests are awkwardly designed.Not liking this.
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:29   #4497

Got leather seat covers installed last month on my AT.Here are the pictures....

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_124829.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_125033.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_140107.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_143536.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_143821.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_144033.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_144051.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_160315.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130917_160342.jpg
bagha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:18   #4498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
Got leather seat covers installed last month on my AT.
Quote:
Got them from saddles in bangalore.I have been assured that they have taken care of the air bags by providing a weak stitching in that area.
Any details on how they've weakened the stitching? Thinner thread, or fewer stitches per inch, or weakened grooves in the leather?
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:50   #4499
djs
BHPian

Has anybody got the leather seat covers from Karlsson's in bangalore for their Ford Ecosport ? If yes, can you please provide the details, price etc ?
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:59   #4500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is this the fastest 300 in Team BHP?i just realised that the steering cannot be locked if you have push button.I tried couple of times but it didnt work.Am i missing something here or is it right that steering lock is not possible for one with push button.
You are right seems to be the fastest 300 in team bhp
I have a tit (0) silver and the steering wheel gets locked for the keyless entry model.
You have to switch off ignition and the move the steering wheel to extreme left and right it will get locked somewhere in between.hope it helps

Quote:
Got leather seat covers.
Hey great job , just make sure the stitch is weak near the seat air bag exit otherwise it will be a disaster.
All the best.

Finally got the Drls with projectors installed, the outcome is awesome.Also got the brembo caliper covers, euro version of the rear viper, painted the mags to to euro spec colour, painted the crossbars to the euro spec colour
Here are some pictures you can see more on my initial ownership report.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc00076.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc09890.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc09948.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc09945.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc00028.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131001wa0008.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131001wa0012.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed