Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:27   #4501

Wow ecosport rules
Your car is definitely the best ecosport in India right now. I have been drooling over the pics on your ownership thread.
Boy those drls look amazing. Can you pm me the costs involved.
You definitely know how to take care of your ride!
eco-doc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:30   #4502
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

You are right seems to be the fastest 300 in team bhp
I have a tit (0) silver and the steering wheel gets locked for the keyless entry model.
You have to switch off ignition and the move the steering wheel to extreme left and right it will get locked somewhere in between.hope it helps

Hey great job , just make sure the stitch is weak near the seat air bag exit otherwise it will be a disaster.
All the best.

Finally got the Drls with projectors installed, the outcome is awesome.Also got the brembo caliper covers, euro version of the rear viper, painted the mags to to euro spec colour, painted the crossbars to the euro spec colour
Here are some pictures you can see more on my initial ownership report.
Wow! The drls look amazing! Where did you get them done? And how much did it cost you?
VBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:37   #4503

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Any details on how they've weakened the stitching? Thinner thread, or fewer stitches per inch, or weakened grooves in the leather?
Did my homework before ordering.Stanley and saddles are two brands I am aware of who regularly make seat covers for imported and Indian cars that have airbags in seats.It is designed in a way that when the airbag inflates it tears open with the impact.Although one cannot make out the difference while looking at the seat,the same is true for the titanium O vehicles that come with factory fitted seats.
bagha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 16:13   #4504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Congrats buddy. Could you please share the cost of the dolphin seat covers and whether they dismantled the seats to fit the covers or were they able to put the seat covers without dismantling the seats? The set covers really look premium and look very similar to the leather ones in Titanium + models.

Enjoy your ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Firstly, congratulations on your EcoSport, and welcome to the family!

Those seat covers look great, one would mistake them for what comes with the Titanium (O). Can you please give a few close up shots, especially of the stitching and perforations?

Finally, your Duke looks like its the offspring of the EcoSport and the Figo - those colours all seem to tie in!
Jude, thanks buddy! The Dolphin Seat covers came pre-stitched made to the exact measurement of contours of the EcoSport seats. I verified this before fitting. They did not dismantle the seats. The central stitch on the seats were opened (both the back and bottom seats) and the seat covers were bucket fitted, the original cloth wasn't removed and is present beneath these covers . The quality is very good and for Rs.7000 these seemed a fair value. The person who came home and fitted them took Rs.700 as labour charges. He completed the job in front of me in about 3 hours.

Arun! I am attaching pics of the covers. Thanks for your wishes!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4447.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4448.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4449.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4453.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4454.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4456.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4459.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4463.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsc4468.jpg  

Last edited by himanshuchadha : 2nd October 2013 at 16:36.
himanshuchadha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 16:43   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post

Jude, thanks buddy! The Dolphin Seat covers came pre-stitched made to the exact measurement of contours of the EcoSport seats. I verified this before fitting. They did not dismantle the seats. The central stitch on the seats were opened (both the back and bottom seats) and the seat covers were bucket fitted, the original cloth wasn't removed and is present beneath these covers . The quality is very good and for Rs.7000 these seemed a fair value. The person who came home and fitted them took Rs.700 as labour charges. He completed the job in front of me in about 3 hours.

Thanks for sharing the pics. The covers look great. Very snug fit. Are these of leatherette material? Kindly let us know the effect of these after parking under the sun for a few hours.
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:16   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post

Hey dude thats a pretty snug fit you have there, would have looked even better if the dolphin logo wasnt there.

I have a titanium optional with leather seats and wanted to extend the driver seat arm rest sidewards so that the codriver also gets the rest (my wife is complaining)
Please help me with how we can open only the arm rest and do the extension.

Share some pictures if any
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:36   #4507
VBR
BHPian

Quote:

Hey dude thats a pretty snug fit you have there, would have looked even better if the dolphin logo wasnt there.

I have a titanium optional with leather seats and wanted to extend the driver seat arm rest sidewards so that the codriver also gets the rest (my wife is complaining)
Please help me with how we can open only the arm rest and do the extension.

Share some pictures if any
I'd suggest you to get a separate armrest attached to the passenger seat, instead of fiddling with the driver's armrest.
You can try a local accessory store for that. But getting it wrapped with the same leather would perhaps be a problem.

Happy shopping
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:14   #4508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
Got leather seat covers installed last
Hi,
Can you help me with any pictures you have of opened arm rest while your installation was on. I wanted to extend the drivers arm rest to the co-driver also.

Thank you
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:50   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Wow! The drls look amazing! Where did you get them done? And how much did it cost you?
Hey VBR,
All the informtion regarding DRLs with the projectors is there in my initial ownership review.

Also did anybody notice that Ford ecosport has the second highest number of views( 2259550),first being figo(2668730).Thats a great achievement.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd October 2013 at 18:55. Reason: extremely sorry for the back to back posts, did not notice as I posted after 45 mins and assumed somebody would have posted
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:49   #4510

Quote:
Hi,
Can you help me with any pictures you have of opened arm rest while your installation was on. I wanted to extend the drivers arm rest to the co-driver also.

Thank you
I only have the picture of the seat from where the armrest was removed.I have already posted that.I would suggest you call up saddles bangalore office and speak to Mr Nagarajan.He is the one who installed my seat covers as he happened to be in delhi at that time.Mr Nagarajan will definitely guide you.
bagha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 20:49   #4511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey VBR,
All the informtion regarding DRLs with the projectors is there in my initial ownership review.

Also did anybody notice that Ford ecosport has the second highest number of views( 2259550),first being figo(2668730).Thats a great achievement.
Yes, it is pretty different from the other cars in the same price range. Moreover, Ford India has done its bit by taking ages to launch the product and then taking so long to deliver the cars, hiking the prices and now deleting the features from the cars.

The good part for Ford is that the car is getting a lot of coverage, the bad part is that a lot of it is negative.
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:14   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
I only have the picture of the seat from where the armrest was removed.I have already posted that.I would suggest you call up saddles bangalore office and speak to Mr Nagarajan.He is the one who installed my seat covers as he happened to be in delhi at that time.Mr Nagarajan will definitely guide you.
Can you post the high resolution photo of the pic which shows the airbag module? I'd like to read what is written on it.

I got an idea now. If there is anybody in this forum who plan to upgrade their OEM leather seats and would like to sell off their old covers, I would like to buy it off you.

Last edited by ecosport : 2nd October 2013 at 21:18.
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:27   #4513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Can you post the high resolution photo of the pic which shows the airbag module? I'd like to read what is written on it.

I got an idea now. If there is anybody in this forum who plan to upgrade their OEM leather seats and would like to sell off their old covers, I would like to buy it off you.
Ecosport, while it is entirely your decision, why would you want t go in for old leather seat covers. The one given by ford are of average quality. You would have much better options from brands like Stanley and Carlsson. In case of upholstery ( as also with tyres) the manufacturers go in for somting which barely gets passing marks to keep costs down and Ford is no different from othr manufacturers.
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:58   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Ecosport, while it is entirely your decision, why would you want t go in for old leather seat covers. The one given by ford are of average quality. You would have much better options from brands like Stanley and Carlsson. In case of upholstery ( as also with tyres) the manufacturers go in for somting which barely gets passing marks to keep costs down and Ford is no different from othr manufacturers.
It is not the price that am worried about, but the side airbags. I am not sure whether aftermarket covers would work well with my side airbags. In case of the OEM covers, ford has already taken care of that.
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:24   #4515
BHPian

I had booked the TDCi Titanium in late August at Metro Ford, Bangalore. Got a waiting period of 8 months quoted by the SA (I thought it will be 5 months max).

But come September, Ford increased the prices arbitrarily and also removed 2 options that were really VFM on the Titanium - Keyless Entry and Push Button Start. What made things worse was that folks who had booked the same trim at Metro Ford in late June are still waiting.

All this has made me to now seriously consider cancelling the booking - planning to cancel this weekend. I now have no hopes on Ford to consider having all the features till May 2014 (when I may get the car) and also it will go through atleast 2-3 more price hikes between that time.

I am thinking of switching over to the i20 - but Ground Clearnace is going to be a headache

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks