Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 08:22   #4531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
"Please do not get 15" alloys. Get 16" ones. Moreover Good Year is not that a great tyre so please upgrade to either Yokohama/Michelin/Continental." He kept on reiterating that in an SUV only 16" will look good.
Looks are a subjective opinion, so its you who should really be driving that decision.

I would agree that larger wheels look good, and yes 16" is very practical & reasonable upsize for Indian roads. Also, the decision to move to alloys is good; as documented on this forum there are several benefits to alloy wheels over steel wheels.

Which Goodyears do you have? Is it the same Goodyear Assurance (in 15") that some owners have received on their EcoSports from Ford? If so, you can stick with those tires, reviews and users have praised it.

If you do wish to change the tires, I'd agree that all 3 choices (Michelin/Yoko/Conti) are good.

So now you have a few choices:
1. Stick with steel rims and Goodyears
2. Switch to 15" alloys and retain the Goodyears
3. Switch to 15" alloys and change the tire (you're probably better off doing point #4)
4. Switch to 16" alloys and change the tire
5. Source the OEM 16" alloys and tires from someone who has upgraded it on their EcoSport
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 09:00   #4532
BHPian

Quote:
On switching to 16" 205/60 Tyres and 16" alloy wheels, the budget shoots up to 35-40K. What do you all experts suggest ?
This was one of the main reasons I switched to titanium. Upgrade to 16" alloys costs close to 40k.
Also I feel roof rails and fog lamps are a must for trend variant.
I suggest you to look out for oem alloys from the ones who are upgrading.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 10:31   #4533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Looks are a subjective opinion, so its you who should really be driving that decision.
=============
5. Source the OEM 16" alloys and tires from someone who has upgraded it on their EcoSport
Thanks arunphilip. I main bottom line is that I do not want to spend too much. I will do some proper shop-to-shop research tomorrow and then Post the outcomes here. Many thanks for your advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
This was one of the main reasons I switched to titanium. Upgrade to 16" alloys costs close to 40k.
Also I feel roof rails and fog lamps are a must for trend variant.
I suggest you to look out for oem alloys from the ones who are upgrading.
I agree that Titanium houses all the best of it, but now seeing the cost differences between these variants I would like to just spend 50K for alloys, roof rails and fog lamps and be satisfied and contended. Can't spend anymore.
Do you know where can I get OEM 16" alloys for Ecosport ?
BTW thanks for your reply. Will try to find some source of 16" alloys and post back with what ever I'm able to find.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:34   #4534
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks arunphilip. I main bottom line is that I do not want to spend too much. I will do some proper shop-to-shop research tomorrow and then Post the outcomes here. Many thanks for your advise.

I agree that Titanium houses all the best of it, but now seeing the cost differences between these variants I would like to just spend 50K for alloys, roof rails and fog lamps and be satisfied and contended. Can't spend anymore.
BTW thanks for your reply. Will try to find some source of 16" alloys and post back with what ever I'm able to find.
40K is too much to spend on alloys. I suggest you stick to what you got. Alloys does not provide any significant advantage than enhance looks. At least not worth the 40K you spend on them.

You are not going to get any significant benefit by upsizing. Moreover, your car is calibrated for the smaller diameter tyre, so you might end up upsetting it. There will be a 3% difference in circumference, so your ABS sensor wouldn't like it.

Assurance Armorgrip are not bad tyres. No match for Primacy ST, but not as bad as the MRFs.

Last edited by ecosport : 4th October 2013 at 11:36.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 11:41   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends
I get my trend this weekend. Seriously thinking to get alloy wheels for all 5 wheels.
What do you all suggest ?
I went to a reputed shop in Faridabad and these were his words : "Please do not get 15" alloys. Get 16" ones. Moreover Good Year is not that a great tyre so please upgrade to either Yokohama/Michelin/Continental." He kept on reiterating that in an SUV only 16" will look good. On switching to 16" 205/60 Tyres and 16" alloy wheels, the budget shoots up to 35-40K. What do you all experts suggest ?

I did some search and found two places to look for good options on Alloys:
1. SAI MAG Wheels
2. Kartar Tyres, Karol Bagh

And for tyres, it was B.K. Tyres recommended by all Delhi BHPians.
You should definitely get a 16 inch, looks awesome. You can even get the stock 16 inches in the market I even saw one set in the classifieds posted by some one. Cheers
It wouldnt be difficult as I am seeing many tit and tit o upgrading their stock 16 inch wheels and tyres.

My friend recently bought set of four 16 inch stock alloys with goodyear tyres all together for 52000.happy shopping
Johannskaria a fellow bhpian also did the same for his trend.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 4th October 2013 at 12:11.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 12:45   #4536
Distinguished - BHPian

Have noticed one thing. Everytime I apply gas, the instant fuel meter bar decreases. Only when i leave the gas pedal it increases. Even if am cruising at 5thgear and below 2k rpm, as soon as the pedal is applied it decreases. Is this normal?
Old 4th October 2013, 13:10   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Have noticed one thing. Everytime I apply gas, the instant fuel meter bar decreases. Only when i leave the gas pedal it increases. Even if am cruising at 5thgear and below 2k rpm, as soon as the pedal is applied it decreases. Is this normal?
Yes It is normal as the Bar Gauge in EcoSport is an INSTANTANEOUS fuel consumption gauge.
So the moment we floor the throttle fuel supply to the engine increases or in other words
fuel consumption increases so the display in the bar also changes in real time showing high
fuel consumption. Behaviour of real-time Fuel Consumption gauge in other vehicles also behave
the same way as in Ertiga and Indigo Manza. So it is pretty normal.

Last edited by techfreak : 4th October 2013 at 13:13.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 13:14   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
Hi harpreet, if you're looking for the OEM ones, here's a guy willing to sell them. He's quoting 45K, and maybe you can negotiate a bit!

http://newdelhi.olx.in/ford-ecosport...-iid-543399856

Hope this helps you!
Abh1nav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 13:20   #4539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends
I get my trend this weekend. Seriously thinking to get alloy wheels for all 5 wheels.
I went to a reputed shop in Faridabad and these were his words : "Please do not get 15" alloys. Get 16" ones. Moreover Good Year is not that a great tyre so please upgrade to either Yokohama/Michelin/Continental." He kept on reiterating that in an SUV only 16" will look good. On switching to 16" 205/60 Tyres and 16" alloy wheels, the budget shoots up to 35-40K. What do you all experts suggest ?

1. SAI MAG Wheels

Congrats for the new EcoSport @harpreetsubhi

If you are in Faridabad, try the TyrePlus Michelin dealership near B.K. (behind petrol pump). I changed from OEM Brigestone S322 to Michelin XM1 on my Santro Xing, & got good treatment as well deal from them. They also have good stock of alloys. I am sure you won't find the need to travel that far (Karol Bagh).

Last edited by CARDEEP : 4th October 2013 at 13:22.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 15:07   #4540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

I would like to just spend 50K for alloys,
Do you know where can I get OEM 16" alloys for Ecosport ?.
Some body wants to sell brand new set of 4, original 16 alloys with good year tyres for 52k .He has upgraded to 17 set of 4 and retained the spare tyre.contact number 08297317009

Last edited by ecosport rules : 4th October 2013 at 15:08.
Old 4th October 2013, 15:16   #4541
BHPian

This posts made me to remember those old days when swifters were fighting with dealership and maruthi to get their dream cars. Congrats to all those who got it and whose who are waiting, this will become a sweet memory later and your car will be precious and new one for you eventhough u see many on road
I would like to know what are the features ford strip down vrom varient to varient and increased price too.

Last edited by devil_klm : 4th October 2013 at 15:17.
Old 4th October 2013, 15:26   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Congrats for the new EcoSport @harpreetsubhi

If you are in Faridabad, try the TyrePlus Michelin dealership near B.K. (behind petrol pump). I changed from OEM Brigestone S322 to Michelin XM1 on my Santro Xing, & got good treatment as well deal from them. They also have good stock of alloys. I am sure you won't find the need to travel that far (Karol Bagh).
Thanks Cardeep for your wishes. Surely will checkout Tyreplus tomorrow. I have made up my mind for a 15" alloy keeping the same tyres.
Many thanks to all reach me this decision. Kudos to all BHPians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Hi harpreet, if you're looking for the OEM ones, here's a guy willing to sell them. He's quoting 45K, and maybe you can negotiate a bit!

http://newdelhi.olx.in/ford-ecosport...-iid-543399856

Hope this helps you!
Thanks Abh1nav for your pointer. But talked to this guy and he has already sold off his set of 5 alloy wheels

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2013 at 20:20. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MUTLI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ button when responding to multple posts. Thanks!
Old 4th October 2013, 15:40   #4543
BHPian

Hi, Read in the review here that "Diesel engine gets protection underneath (missing in the EcoBoost)". Can anyone tell me if this is available as an accessory. If yes, how much would it cost. Thanks.
Old 4th October 2013, 16:27   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Hi, Read in the review here that "Diesel engine gets protection underneath (missing in the EcoBoost)". Can anyone tell me if this is available as an accessory. If yes, how much would it cost. Thanks.
The protection that comes with diesel from factory is very basic, kind of a thick carpet like protection. Actual metal engine guard is available as a accessory and costs approximately 5000rs.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 17:27   #4545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends

1. SAI MAG Wheels

Harpreet, see 16" will anyday look better BUT at the end of everything, its you who has to deal with Warranty related issues (if they ever arise).

Further Goodyear Assurance is a good tyre but if I were to upgrade, I'll choose either Michelin Primacy 3 ST or Yokohama Decibel. I did meet Jitesh Bhaiya from BK Tyres in anticipation of changing the tyres when Ecosport comes, he showed me that Michelin Primacy 3 is on the harder side than Yokohama Decibel (DB) but Yokohama turns out cheaper hence, it's going to be a tough task for me.

If you wish to spend so much, then go ahead with the upgrade otherwise stick to 15". For the wheels, I will advise you against Karol Bagh as the only quality option there, 'Lenso' Store has closed down.

For the Alloy Wheels, check Sai Mag Wheels - HRS (HR), Made in Taiwan Alloy Wheels and couple of other brands as well. You can also check BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi for Alloys as well, they do carry Sai Mag's brands but other than that, they've Lenso, Neo, Plati and other brands.

Most Viewed