Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 12:07   #4846
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Not sure, didn't ask him about it. If the news is indeed true then I guess they might just stop the AT altogether - due to the very less demand.
AT has a substantial demand in India at the dealerships!! I am waiting for one too!!

Moreover it is an important variant for exports. They wont be stopping it for sure (I hope). Lets see...
Old 17th October 2013, 12:25   #4847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
AT has a substantial demand in India at the dealerships!! I am waiting for one too!!

Moreover it is an important variant for exports. They wont be stopping it for sure (I hope). Lets see...
Hope you get yours soon.

Well am not banking on this guy's words anyways. We will know in a few months.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:44   #4848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
On the brink of cancelling my Ecosport booking. I have called Ford's customer care and no response, nothing encouraging from the dealer's end as well. Also, I don't think it's worth it to go to the showroom each week, shout at folks over there and ultimately spoil my weekend!

While I am disappointed a bit, still I don't blame Ford completely for this, as it isn't the only company behaving in this manner. Every manufacturer with a mass-success model in their hands behaves in such a way (Swift, Duster, XUV 500 to name a few). Its just that some companies manage to cope-up with the demand-supply pressure better.

Moving over to the Renault Duster 85 RXL (O). Some nice discounts are on offer at present and since Renault's "Ecosport-moment" ended a few months back, I'm getting a much better treatment at their dealerships.

With the festive mood setting in, I want my new car to bring great joy and happiness in the family!

I wish all the best to those who are about to receive their Ecosport in the coming weeks, while to those of you still have a long wait ahead, i suggest you make the most out of this time and re-think your needs and priorities and then decide to continue the wait or switch over.

P.S. I will place the cancellation request with the dealership this weekend, but I am not willing to pay the 3K as cancellation charges. Two points i will fight on:

- Though on my booking form, the delivery was mentioned within 6-7 months, but even that is being overshot.

- I had booked the Ecopsort on the older price and since those conditions have changed after booking, I'm not liable to pay any cancellation charge.

I hope this goes smooth and they don't force me to create a big issue out of this. Still, I think I might be ready for a FINAL FIGHT!
Sorry to hear your plight, Abh1nav. I would only suggest a two-step process before you cancel:
1. Take a deep breath, be philosophical about it and resolve to wait. I am not joking. There is an Ecosport God has ordained for you and it will be made by special hands and be specially delivered to you. It will be the most perfect Ecosport ever made and will make your life a joy. Just wait for it and DO NOT FOLLOW UP WITH/SHOUT AT DEALER etc. No point in letting the wedding ceremony experience overshadow the married life together. A bi-weekly call deliberately made pleasant(i am sure with great difficulty), should suffice.

Are you able to pull yourself up and do the above. If not, step 2.

2. Visualise yourself in Feb 2014. You would have booked and cancelled the ecosport. You might have got one by then if you had hung on. You will see hundreds of Ecosports whizzing past every day. In hindsight it might seem you would have been better off waiting. Can you cope with that?

Some of these problems are a 1 or 0 situation. Like being out of job. Every minute of it will be excruciating, but the moment the new job is found (or the car is delivered in this case), the agony will be forgotten. And you would say "what waiting? ah, that ! that's ok"

Just my two cents of philosophy, as a fellow-ecosport-awaiter :-) Didn't mean to preach.

If both the above dont suit you, i would suggest, go ahead and cancel.:-)
HighwayBuddha is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 13:31   #4849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear PrideRed,

1.please donot rely on FE figures till you cross the 4500km.

2.the keyless entry models are equipped with electronic steering wheel lock, after switching off the engine turn the wheel left and then right by 4 to 6 inches it will automatically get locked.

3.may be the function is accidentally factory disabled in your car, contact dealer and he will immediately enable it or you can do it yourself.Posting a picture for the procedure.

4.next time you try that,please deliberately check for the full clutch press, if it still doesnt solve the problem contact dealer.

5.what do you mean by true colours? Faded? Or dulled?do you park it a lot in sun?
Try try plastic restoration wax from wurth, it works
Do you mean to say the FE will go down post 4500KM? I am currently more than happy with FE i am getting already.

The black strip has already started to become whitish. Applying wax/polish restores the black color for the time being but on a longer run it worsens the black plastic. BTW this is not just specific to Ford, i have seen similar fading on Q7,X1 etc. The only long term solution i found was painting it with Matte black. That said will give WURTH a try before going for paint job. Thanks for the info .
Old 17th October 2013, 16:53   #4850
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Update AM5T-14D544-LD

Dear Ecosport Titanium & Titanium (O) Owners,

I am presenting a Step by Step process note below on how to upload the SYNC update AM5T-14D544-LD on your Titanium Models below :

Step 1 : Register yourself on the Ford SYNC Owners by using the following link :
https://www.secure.india.ford.com/sy...=1249016630254

Step 2 : After you have registered & logged in go to Software downloads & select download now.

Step 3 : Keep an empty formatted USB disk ready & format it to 32 bit. DO NOT use memory cards through an USB Adaptor. They will not be recognised by the SYNC system in your Ecosport.

Step 4 : The SYNC software update file (AM5T-14D544-LD) is about 6MB & it cannot be downloaded on Chrome, Firefox browsers. IT can be downloaded on IE 9 and if you are using IE 10 you need to download Java and enable Active X controls.

Step 5 : After the update downloads onto the USB disk Remove the USB disk form your Computer & go to your Ecosport.

Step 6 : Make sure you disable the Blue tooth connection on your Mobile before starting the Car, otherwise your phone will automatically connect to SYNC.

Step 7 : Insert the USB Disk in the USB slot in the car and only then then Start the Car & Select the Radio.

Step 8 : Press the Menu button and Go to SYNC settings & select Ok. THen select Install on SYNC & select Ok.

Step 9 : A Message will flash "Begin SYNC installation" select ok. It will now start searching for the SYNC Software update on the USB disk and start the installation.

Step 10 : Within a couple of minutes it will flash a message saying "Installation Complete" DO not switch it off. It is only a phase in the installation and not the complete Installation.

Step 11 : The Installation should take about 15 minutes DO NOT touch any button just listen to the Radio, otherwise the Installation will quit abruptly and you will have to start all over again.

Step 12 : On Completion of the installation it will flash a message "Installation Complete". Please patiently wait for another 3 - 5 minutes & then switch off the Radio.

Step 13 : Now turn on the blue tooth on your Phone & then turn on the Audio System. You will need to pair your Phone again with SYNC and the phone book will download from your phone book from your Mobile.

Advantages of the SYNC software update AM5T-14D544-LD :
1) Before the update it used to take upto about 4-5 minutes before the tracks were indexed and the music starts playing Now after the update the minute you start your car the music starts playing.

2) There is a marked improvement in the recognition of Voice commands & SYNC (like Siri) is able to perfectly understand your voice commands on the 1st attempt itself earlier it used to take 2 or 3 times before it got it right.

3) For all Iphone users SYNC still does not read out SMS messages from the Iphone, Hope they get this fixed in the next few months.

Overall I am mighty impressed with SYNC and it works like a dream for me.

Happy updating to all Titanium & Titanimum (O) Owners !!
royfernandez is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 17:17   #4851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Do you mean to say the FE will go down post 4500KM? I am currently more than happy with FE i am getting already.

The black strip has already started to become whitish. Applying wax/polish restores the black color for the time being but on a longer run it worsens the black plastic. BTW this is not just specific to Ford, i have seen similar fading on Q7,X1 etc. The only long term solution i found was painting it with Matte black. That said will give WURTH a try before going for paint job. Thanks for the info .
At least in the case of some of the wax polishes, the instructions say not to apply on plastic material as it can lead to results like this whitening??
Old 17th October 2013, 18:57   #4852
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

My dealer (Capital Ford, Bhubaneswar) says that the rear wheel cover which is quoted at approx Rs 10000-11000 is a compulsory add-on on the car. However I do not buy this idea. Have any of you been told by the dealers the same by any chance?

Also can anybody share the prices of the accessories that are on option. I am particularly interested in getting the front illuminated scuff plates, roof cross bars and rear camera for my Ecosport 1.0 Titanium (O). However I am not sure if these accessories are value for money. Any lead to the prices would be really helpful.
Old 17th October 2013, 19:01   #4853
Senior - BHPian

I took delivery of a Diamond White 1.5 AT today afternoon. Though I opted to buy the Spare wheel cover, it was definitely optional. No accessories were mandatory. I'll post a snap of the accessories invoice shortly.
roy_libran is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 19:27   #4854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
On the brink of cancelling my Ecosport booking...
Well, am in the same spot! Only difference is I haven't booked one yet!

I am fed up of no one being able to quote a definite waiting period! I was OK with 3/4 months waiting but then no dealer is ready to even commit (forget deliver!) to a 12 month waiting period!

OTOH, it is being sold rampantly at a premium of 75-90k. If you are ready to pay, you can get one next day - mostly white titanium models. This is what I got to know on pushing the SAs . Even spoke to one such guy. Unless this is curbed, there is no end to your waiting!

Though a beautiful car, I guess I would have to look elsewhere.
Old 17th October 2013, 19:29   #4855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
My dealer (Capital Ford, Bhubaneswar) says that the rear wheel cover which is quoted at approx Rs 10000-11000 is a compulsory add-on on the car. However I do not buy this idea. Have any of you been told by the dealers the same by any chance?

Also can anybody share the prices of the accessories that are on option. I am particularly interested in getting the front illuminated scuff plates, roof cross bars and rear camera for my Ecosport 1.0 Titanium (O). However I am not sure if these accessories are value for money. Any lead to the prices would be really helpful.
No accessory is compulsory. Just write a mail to Ford customer care about this and carry the reply to the dealer or contact the customer care on chat and take the printout to the dealer. It is absolutely customer's wish to opt or not opt for a particular accessory. I did the same bargain with my dealer then the dealer agreed on this, same goes for insurance too. One can opt for insurance from any company one wishes to as the Ford preferred are the most expensive ones. Though am yet to take delivery due to personal commitment and taking delivery on 04 Nov most likely.

Last edited by techfreak : 17th October 2013 at 19:39.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 19:40   #4856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Hi guys,
I just bought the STAR 3D mats online for the Ecosport.
Anyone using this? whats the experience ?
I had bought STAR 3D Mats(Eco) and have updated my user experience in the link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3249765

The driver and passenger side mats are fine and do not move around. Dont know how it is for the rear passengers as not many have sat in rear seat till now to comment. However do not forget to cut off a portion of the mat beneath the accelerator pedal as given in my experience above
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 20:54   #4857
BHPian

Just received these key covers from eBay, (mycarkey).
Feels nice soft & good to hold and quality is good.

Note : Got the key covers but yet to get the car ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131017_204815_masimpur-rd.jpg  

techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 21:53   #4858
BHPian

Guys, Finally after 4 months of wait got my white 1.5D Titanium delivered.
Overall the experience at the dealership was good.

Coming to the car, I was most eagerly waiting to test its ride quality. And on Bangalore's roads you really don't have to drive far. Frankly speaking I am happy with the ride, its not plush but its far far better than my Figo (which is stiff). The engine is fine, don't have to downshift often. The steering is light, that's fine in city traffic, hopefully it would be weight up better at higher speeds. Didn't bother too much about the Sync, FE, MID etc today.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 22:05   #4859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Guys, Finally after 4 months of wait got my white 1.5D Titanium delivered.
Congrats on your Ecosport and dont forget to upload some photos of your car, white really looks elegant on Ecosport, our family also always prefers white/silver but this time forced them to go for mars red

Dont worry about the steering, it weighs in supremely well at speeds, have done 1200 kms on hills/highways at good speeds and was comfortable with the steering. Figo would fare far better due to the hydraulic steering though, feel and feedback of a HPS can never be matched by an EPS.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th October 2013 at 22:07.
Old 17th October 2013, 22:34   #4860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
According to Ford the fuel economy will further increase/go up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks