Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 08:50   #4936
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quick question to all the Ecoboost Owners.

What is the run-in kms of the ecoboost engine?
What should be the maximum speed and engine rpm during this time ?

Could not find information related to the same in the manual.
Old 21st October 2013, 09:43   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
They do provide it but costs Appx Rs. 1300 at the dealer vs Rs. 450 in Ebay.
Beware of the quality , most of them are rubber mudflaps on ebay

Hey guys,

Spotted a Terrano, took some pictures along with my ride.
Execpt the front view everything else looks and feels awfully cheap. Another bad product from Nissan.Expected better this time.

Few points.
1.you have to actually get off the car for seat height adjustment.
2.plastic quality is pretty bad.
3.air con knobs feel toy car plastic like.
4.rubbery gear shift, slots well though.
5.power windows look and fell aftermarket
6.rear window goes half way down.
7.instrument cluster as cheap as duster.
8.front view is awesome.
9.glove box is lit from inside
10.extremely bad driving position.
11.gas filled strut to keep the bonnet open.
12.door handles and doors feel very down market.
13.engine noice is well controlled.
14.like the smoky headlamps.
15.alloys could have been finished better
16.no steering wheel controls even for the top end.
17.quite an impressive list of accessories they have a rear window curtain too
18.over all i feel it is better than the duster but no way even close to the ecosport.

My verdict.
If you are gonna be in the drivers seat(live to drive?) then it is surely the ecosport is the choice to buy or if you choose to be in the rear or co drivers seat then go for duster or terrano

I am extremely happy with my decision on the ecosport.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20131021_091026.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20131021_090811.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131021083821.png  

ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 10:05   #4938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Hi Jude, the colour of the mud flap matches the black cladding. It does not stand apart when viewed. Hence easily matches the OEM in colour aspect too.
Thanks Raj.

For Trend or Ambiente owners:
The chrome besides the ford emblem in the titanium variant in the front is available online on eBay.com for $28. This comes as a set of two pieces,one for the strip near the emblem and one just above it.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 11:49   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Quick question to all the Ecoboost Owners.

What is the run-in kms of the ecoboost engine?
What should be the maximum speed and engine rpm during this time ?

Could not find information related to the same in the manual.
The manual just says do not drive too fast upto 1500 KMS.

The engine is highly irresistible on highways. Until around 1000KMS I did not cross 2500 RPM but from 1000 to 1500 I drove at around 3000-3200 RPM.

I believe modern engines can handle it.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 12:38   #4940
BHPian

Whenever I park my EcoSport after driving, i see a small pool of some liquid (most likely water) under the car. Is it water coming out from AC and is it normal for EcoSport? Have checked the Owner manual but it is not covered anywhere. Also, I haven't seen this in any of my other cars or may be haven't noticed.
Old 21st October 2013, 12:50   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Whenever I park my EcoSport after driving, i see a small pool of some liquid (most likely water) under the car. Is it water coming out from AC and is it normal for EcoSport? Have checked the Owner manual but it is not covered anywhere. Also, I haven't seen this in any of my other cars or may be haven't noticed.
Yes, it probably is water. If you ARE using the AC, its normal (infact for all cars).

Last edited by anks_at : 21st October 2013 at 13:12.
anks_at is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 13:10   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Beware of the quality , most of them are rubber mudflaps on ebay

Hey guys,

Spotted a Terrano, took some pictures along with my ride.
Execpt the front view everything else looks and feels awfully cheap. Another bad product from Nissan.Expected better this time.

Few points.
1.you have to actually get off the car for seat height adjustment.
2.plastic quality is pretty bad.
3.air con knobs feel toy car plastic like.
4.rubbery gear shift, slots well though.
5.power windows look and fell aftermarket
6.rear window goes half way down.
7.instrument cluster as cheap as duster.
8.front view is awesome.
9.glove box is lit from inside
10.extremely bad driving position.
11.gas filled strut to keep the bonnet open.
12.door handles and doors feel very down market.
13.engine noice is well controlled.
14.like the smoky headlamps.
15.alloys could have been finished better
16.no steering wheel controls even for the top end.
17.quite an impressive list of accessories they have a rear window curtain too
18.over all i feel it is better than the duster but no way even close to the ecosport.

My verdict.
If you are gonna be in the drivers seat(live to drive?) then it is surely the ecosport is the choice to buy or if you choose to be in the rear or co drivers seat then go for duster or terrano

I am extremely happy with my decision on the ecosport.
Ecosport, Terrano looks imposing on the outside but share the same feeling as yours on the interiors in Bangalore 85Bhp terrano costs 13.8L which is a whole 2.65L more than Titanium Tdci Ecosport which is quite some money
I have also booked RE Thunderbird 500
Nissan Terrano 85Bhp XL Premium (13.8L) >>> Ecosport Titanium Tdci (11.1L) + RE Thunderbird 500(1.9L)
I feel people can buy Terrano 85 Bhp XL premium instead of Duster Rxl (o) but not instead or either titanium or titanium optional of Ecosport
Though i foresee dent to Scorpio and XUV segments because of almost similar pricing
but from my TD experience i feel mhawk has way too much power than the K9k Dci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Finally, after more than 4 months of waiting and follow-ups, took delivery of my Kinetic Blue Ecoboost Titanium on Friday.

Attachment 1154830

Accesories Selected:
- Essential Pack
- Ambient Light
- Spare wheel Cover
- Car Cover
- Seat Belt Pads (was misled into taking because of the snaps, the ones i got look like orthopedic bandages)
- Individual Pack (Pending due to no stock)

Aftermarket fitments and upgrades:
- Car came shod with MRFs. Got them changed to Yokohama DB ES501 from Tyre Empire HSR and got a good deal (Thanks to fellow BHPian - DJS)
- Visited the Saddles workshop in BTM lake road for the seat covers and spoke to Mr Suresh who seemed a nice person giving his suggestions on what would look good. Had reached in the afternoon (around 2 pm, late after the Tyre change) and Mr Suresh said the work takes a complete day and hence i need to come back some other day. The workshop is 3 storeys with many workers stitching seat covers. Was shown a sample of the leather which will be used for the seat covers. Will visit them again in the coming weekend.
- Few ornamental accessories (like silicon key covers, ignition switch cover and mat sets) from Aliexpress
- DRLs (when they become slightly more affordable and locally available in Bangalore)

Attachment 1154829

Puja done and went for 50 km drive on NICE Road on Friday night. Here are some quick observations of the car.

- Great commanding view. Mind you i am moving from an esteem to an ecosport. No longer do i have to raise my hand to reach the toll gate window for purchasing toll passes.
- Difficult to go over speed-breakers in 2nd gear. Have to downshift to 1st especially if you have 4-5 persons on board.
- The driver power window switches are placed too ahead.
- Wifey who sits in the rear seat with my 3 month old son has started complaining of unsettling ride when i don't slow down completely over potholes. The effect is lesser in the front row and i believe we feel it because we are coming from sedan territory.
- Stock headlights weak for highways.
- Touched 100 Km/h with ease without realizing how much am doing (and slowed down immediately, will wait for the engine to properly run-in)

A detailed ownership review with the process of ownership/dealership experience (the lesser said the better) and more about the vehicle will be follow as soon as time (read my 3 month old son and my 3 day old ecosport) permits.
Congrats on your buy Jollypope Awesome color
Do write your Ownership review soon
anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 13:12   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
If you ARE using the AC, its normal (infact for all cars).
Actually, few drops are ok but I'm getting a small pool every time. Was wondering could this be because of leakage in cleaning water reservoir and also if any BHPian has experienced this kind of leakage? Will get it checked nevertheless and post if there are any issues with cleaning water reservoir.

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 21st October 2013 at 13:16.
Old 21st October 2013, 13:14   #4944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Actually, few drops are ok but I'm getting a small pool. Was wondering could this be because of leakage in cleaning water reservoir. Will get it checked nevertheless.
The quantity of water would depend on the ambient humidity, how long you parked, if you ran the AC while parked too.
Yes, you can get it checked for peace of mind
anks_at is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 14:24   #4945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've an EcoBoost with 1400 km/L on the clock. I intentionally didn't check mileage on my first tankful, got 10.5 km/L on my second, 11 km/L on my third and now the MID reads 11.3 km/L.

I intend to ask for a paid oil change at the first service in about 2 weeks time.
The MID is pretty distracting. The moment it falls below 10 kmpl, I start panicking. BTW, I reset it for every trip.

Either the FE of my AT has increased, or I have changed my driving to suit the 10+ reading that I yearn for. MID used to show 7-8kmpl which has increased to 10+ now.

Please keep us posted on the effects of the oil change. I too am inclined to ask for an oil change.

Last edited by ecosport : 21st October 2013 at 14:38.
Old 21st October 2013, 14:33   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
The MID is pretty distracting. The moment it falls below 10 kmpl, I start panicking. I reset it for every trip.
Indeed it is! It somehow tends to pull my eye towards it, even while I am driving to look at the real-time kmpl bars. I go gloomy when it momentarily goes as low as 5 kmpl and start smiling the next moment when it goes over 15! I need to train myself too not to look at it. Like you, I too, will be quite happy if it manages to return a combined fuel efficiency of around 10 kmpl.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:35   #4947
Senior - BHPian

With my daily run being around 60kms through the city, my Tdci MID shows 14.8 to 15.1kmpl with ACC running all the time & temperature set at 22. Above 22, the cooling is no better than the ceiling fan.

With mixed use of ACC & windows rolled down, the MID indicates between 15.2-15.6kmpl.

Tankful to tankful last time was 729kms/45.46l = 16.03kmpl which i think is pretty decent. Had a highway run of about 150kms though.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:46   #4948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
With my daily run being around 60kms through the city, my Tdci MID shows 14.8 to 15.1kmpl with ACC running all the time & temperature set at 22. Above 22, the cooling is no better than the ceiling fan.

With mixed use of ACC & windows rolled down, the MID indicates between 15.2-15.6kmpl.

Tankful to tankful last time was 729kms/45.46l = 16.03kmpl which i think is pretty decent. Had a highway run of about 150kms though.
Hi Nilesh,
Since you have also used the Getz, can you please compare the rear seat comfort and space between the 2 cars? I know that both belong to different segments, however since i am thinking of upgrading from my Getz to Ecosport, just want to know on the back seat space and comfort wrt Getz. Thanks!!
Old 21st October 2013, 16:08   #4949
Senior - BHPian

Regarding rear space:
-----------------------
I've moved to the Ecosport from a Logan. Today afternoon, 4 of my colleagues wanted a short ride, so the five of us packed into the Ecosport and we went on a 15-ish km run.
The 3 guys sitting at the back, were OK with the leg room and the horizontal width, though the width was definitely quite lesser than the Logan. In the Logan they could have (and have!) sat without constantly rubbing into each other, but in the Ecosport they were all sitting cozy (not compressed!).
They reported the seat as comfortable and didn't feel any discomfort.
That's not too bad, and in fact better than what my expectations were before the drive.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 16:26   #4950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hi Nilesh,
Since you have also used the Getz, can you please compare the rear seat comfort and space between the 2 cars? I know that both belong to different segments, however since i am thinking of upgrading from my Getz to Ecosport, just want to know on the back seat space and comfort wrt Getz. Thanks!!
Hi. If you are a family of 4 or 4 + 1kid, you will be happy that it offers just the same amount comfort if not more. Knee room is slightly more due to scooped out front seats. The leg room is more or less the same. The tunnel hump will make it uncomfortable for the middle passenger over long distances but that is no different from the Getz. Getz has poor lower back support while the Ecosports rear seat is more firm and supportive. The ac has great reach across the entire cabin (at least in the TDCi) and once the cabin is cool, it remains that way.

Overall, the rear seat is a comfortable place to be. 5 adults all the time may be irritating. But if you occasionally have 5 adults, you will ignore the lack of width over so much more that it offers.

If you are a family of 4+1, its definitely worthy option if you are looking for the SUV'ish form factor. Hope this helps.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed