Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:10   #4966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The buffers pictures were not uploaded due to some problem.
Aren't you updating your ownership thread? I keep looking there for updates cause its hard to look up stuff on this huge thread. Maybe you can post it in both threads. You are the go-to guy for a lot of us owners.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:51   #4967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I am wondering which roads you travel in Bangalore where you can reach 4k RPM in city? (I read that your driving is 100 percent city)
Ha ha - I travel from Kammanahalli to Dairy Circle, and my biggest prayer is that I'm in the first row of a red signal without any slow-poke two/three wheelers ahead. I use the 4k rpm range for bursts of acceleration only. Besides, note that I hit 4k rpm only in 1st-3rd gears - so those aren't large speeds by any chance.

I also use the stretch of ring road between Kammanahalli and Manyata Tech Park, so that gives some opportunity for speed... depending on traffic and the construction work at Nagawara junction.
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:51   #4968
avm
BHPian

Gave my car to get a black glossy vinyl "wig" done :P
Will post pics once I have it
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:40   #4969
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the infor and pics. Just to understand this better. What is the purpose of this buffer and where is it mounted / fitted?
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:55   #4970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hope I can post this here. Just last week I was driving quite leisurely and as I crossed a speed bump and depressed the accelerator pedal, a sign pops up in the MID. "Engine Malfunction, Service Now!" I was shocked. I went to the service center next day itself and got it checked, indeed an error was visible in the error log, a throttle error. But the sign did not appear once i had shut the car off and restarted it again. Service center could not answer me properly and said there is nothing wrong, and I can come back when I see the error again. The same error popped up again yesterday. Went to service center and gave the car for a day for a thorough check up. I don't know what to expect from the service center tomorrow! Any one else with a similar error? Pardon my ignorance if I have not read the entire thread post by post.
The error in the MID:
Please keep us updated, I suspect it is just a software glitch and can easily reset if you remove and refit the battery's negative terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Have you installed the buffers.
Price?
Where from? - Contact?
Thanks in advance.
I have installed them , they work great.
No thud any more.
Contact person Mr .Srinivas gopal from satya gopal auto.09849314812.
He mailed me the part and I installed it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Hey i'm a novice in the area.
could please tell me how does a buffer work?

I haven't faced a similar thud from my car when on puddled roads.
As arunphilip said there is a detailed thread by GTO about this.

I have installed it at the bottom most part of the spring so that it will work only when the suspension bottoms out to make that ecosports classic thud.

Will post the pictures in my thread as per nilesh's suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Aren't you updating your ownership thread? I keep looking there for updates cause its hard to look up stuff on this huge thread. Maybe you can post it in both threads. You are the go-to guy for a lot of us owners.
Thank you nilesh will try to post in both threads, actually will continue the discussion of buffers in my thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131022104814.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131022100938.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131022wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 22nd October 2013 at 11:58.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:17   #4971
BHPian

Quote:
You are the man !

Is there a particular size of this buffer for our suspension ? ali express has a lot of options but I don't know which one will fit ecosport
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:34   #4972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ha ha - I travel from Kammanahalli to Dairy Circle, and my biggest prayer is that I'm in the first row of a red signal without any slow-poke two/three wheelers ahead. I use the 4k rpm range for bursts of acceleration only. Besides, note that I hit 4k rpm only in 1st-3rd gears - so those aren't large speeds by any chance.

I also use the stretch of ring road between Kammanahalli and Manyata Tech Park, so that gives some opportunity for speed... depending on traffic and the construction work at Nagawara junction.
Ok! Good to know. I work near Dairy circle too (near Jayadeva) and commute from Rajarajeshwari nagar. But I don't get my car to office. I come by bike. For me, so far, it is 100% highway vehicle. Yeah occasional weekend in-city drive.
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:06   #4973
BHPian

I saw this universal arm rest on eBay for Rs.915. Just wanted to check with the Trend / Ambiente owners if anyone has actually fitted this to their cars and whether there ia any issue fitting it on the ecosport.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Car...item3f2a438023
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:02   #4974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I saw this universal arm rest on eBay for Rs.915. Just wanted to check with the Trend / Ambiente owners if anyone has actually fitted this to their cars and whether there ia any issue fitting it on the ecosport.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Car...item3f2a438023
This one fits just right in the Duster. Still it intrudes with the seat belt locking.
You need to remove the front seats and fix it on the center console.

Do verify the available width between seats in EcoSport.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3248121
HillMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 18:08   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
This one fits just right in the Duster. Still it intrudes with the seat belt locking.
You need to remove the front seats and fix it on the center console.

Do verify the available width between seats in EcoSport.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3248121
Dear Jude and Hillman, The Universal Armrest "may not be suitable" for the Ecosport since you may have to compromise the USB, Line-in & Charger plus the centre bottle holders.
royfernandez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:15   #4976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
"Engine Malfunction, Service Now!" I was shocked.
I got the same error, Guess when? As soon as I took delivery and drove a 100m from the showroom. Reason: hardly any fuel left. I did notice that there was hardly 10km on the DTE but never expected this error to pop-up.
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:40   #4977
BHPian

Has ANYONE taken a test drive of a 1.5 Petrol Ecosport manual or taken delivery of it here? Am curious to know how it performs vis-a-vis the Diesel.

I had enquired a couple of months back & dealers in Mumbai were taking no bookings for this engine version.
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:51   #4978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Has ANYONE taken a test drive of a 1.5 Petrol Ecosport manual or taken delivery of it here? Am curious to know how it performs vis-a-vis the Diesel.

I had enquired a couple of months back & dealers in Mumbai were taking no bookings for this engine version.
Yes, have taken a test drive of the 1.5 petrol since am interested in taking the Automatic variant. Didnt notice anything exciting or too disappointing with this engine. It was just very average= normal= as expected to drive.
I havent driven the diesel though.

The bookings are certainly closed as of end August for the petrol variants. The indications that I have got from various dealers in NCR are that the booking can be expected to reopen around Jan 2014 timeframe. However, when the actual deliveries will be done is anyone's guess right now. Only thing certain is that its a long wait for now if you want a petrol variant & especially if you dont already have a booking.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:06   #4979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I got the same error, Guess when? As soon as I took delivery and drove a 100m from the showroom. Reason: hardly any fuel left. I did notice that there was hardly 10km on the DTE but never expected this error to pop-up.
i had almost 90% fuel in the car. Had just tanked up. Ford guys are flustered.
Old 23rd October 2013, 06:28   #4980
BHPian

Is this new error of Engine Malfunction only in the new batches? Ecosport veterans please pitch in here. Does this have anything to do with the new Sync update? Is it occurring only in the diesel versions or has any petrol owner also seen this?

Curious to know.

Most Viewed