Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 18:22   #5716
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Ford does not have DRL as an accessory. And please elaborate about "kind of DRLs" for larger interest.
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
DRL in Ford's term would be parking light (to confuse customers so that they will be buy it) . From what i know it's normal bulbs. They just replace the stock bulbs with white ones.
What the executive said was that it is not a replacement for the headlight, but a streak of light below the headlamps. He didn't use the word DRL, but. From the looks of it, and the picture in their site, it is same as DRL, aesthetically. For details, he asked me to get in touch with a dealer.

If you are looking for DRL fitment with warranty intact, i think it is better to check this out first.

Last edited by blacksport : 26th November 2013 at 18:39.
Old 26th November 2013, 20:06   #5717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
What the executive said was that it is not a replacement for the headlight, but a streak of light below the headlamps. He didn't use the word DRL, but. From the looks of it, and the picture in their site, it is same as DRL, aesthetically. For details, he asked me to get in touch with a dealer.

If you are looking for DRL fitment with warranty intact, i think it is better to check this out first.
Hi,

Went for my 10000km second free service and found out that streak lights are a set of h4 headlamp bulbs plus a set of T10 parking bulbs.

Both are a whiter shade of halogen lamps but with lesser light output (beause of a bluish coating on the regular halogen lamps)

Dealer said you can buy this if lower light output is not a problem and that he will not recommend it

I will soon update 11000km experience on my thread.

Hope it helps

Last edited by ecosport rules : 26th November 2013 at 20:25.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 20:32   #5718
BHPian

I've TD'D ecosport over 6 times, and every time I feel that the person sitting in driver seat looks bigger (or inappropriate) compared the vehicle size.

Before others can throw tomatoes or eggs at my physic, I'm 5.11 in height, with 71 kilos. BMI says, I'm fit :-)

I'm not referring to self, but in general.
Did ford chop too much at wrong places ??

Ford Escape seems an apt crossover for India

Last edited by harishpr : 26th November 2013 at 20:36.
Old 26th November 2013, 20:34   #5719
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

Went for my 10000km second free service and found out that streak lights are a set of h4 headlamp bulbs plus a set of T10 parking bulbs.

Both are a whiter shade of halogen lamps but with lesser light output (beause of a bluish coating on the regular halogen lamps)

Dealer said you can buy this if lower light output is not a problem and that he will not recommend it

I will soon update 11000km experience on my thread.

Hope it helps
Ok, but there is a probability that they are talking about a different thing here, because the ford site states that streak lights are a pair of h1 and h7. Headlights are h4, right?
Old 26th November 2013, 20:36   #5720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ford India’s Managing Director Joginder Singh told business newspapers last week that bookings for the Ford EcoSport have topped 60,000 orders. Earlier, Ford had stopped taking bookings for the 1L Ecoboost variant owing to supply limitation, but it is learned now that EcoSport bookings have been suspended altogether.

In the months of July, August, September and October, the EcoSport has beaten its main rival Renault Duster, but numbers following the launch tend to generally be high for any new vehicle, and cannot be put into perspective until sales level out.

In Brazil though, the EcoSport is outselling the Duster consistently. For annual sales until October 2013, the EcoSport is at the 15th position of the Brazilian auto market (56,896 units), comfortably outpacing the Renault Duster which is in 22nd place (38,848 units).
Indian Autos Blog

And in other news, these guys drove for a photoshoot at the same location the official review photoshoot happened.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosport.jpeg

Gaadi.com
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 21:00   #5721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Ok, but there is a probability that they are talking about a different thing here, because the ford site states that streak lights are a pair of h1 and h7. Headlights are h4, right?
Absolutely, when I pointed out the same they said it was a typo and there is no h1 or h7 existing for ecosport.

Only h4(headlamps) and h11(fog lamps) are compatible for the ecosport.

[quote=Ford-ecosport-60000-bookings[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed they have managed to out sell the duster all over the world and I am not sure how true is it that they claim it to be the highest booked vehicle in record time

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I've TD'D ecosport over 6 times, and every time I feel that the person sitting in driver seat looks bigger (or inappropriate) compared the vehicle size.

Before others can throw tomatoes or eggs at my physic, I'm 5.11 in height, with 71 kilos. BMI says, I'm fit.Did ford chop too much at wrong places ??

Ford Escape seems an apt crossover for India
Ford escape is awesome car, drove it in the USA.Hope to see it soon in India.

Regarding ecosport
The size of the front buckets are little small and dont give a snug sofa like feel.I think that contributes to the feel you are having.

From outside I think the proportions are quite ok.
Old 26th November 2013, 21:24   #5722
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely, when I pointed out the same they said it was a typo and there is no h1 or h7 existing for ecosport.

Only h4(headlamps) and h11(fog lamps) are compatible for the ecosport.
But wouldn't we be better off believing what is written on Ford website than the dealers? What is on that website is drastically different to be dismissed as a typo.
Old 26th November 2013, 22:54   #5723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Got my Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) Chill Delivered on Sunday, 24th November from Riddhi Ford, Delhi!

I've fitted the 3D Mats by Star Car Mats and they fit perfectly and haven't faced any issue with them with reference to fit, finish and fiddling with pedals et al. No need to cut them too!

Came with MRF, shall be getting them changed today. The Controls need time to adjust to since I'm coming from an i20.
So we got the vehicle delivered around the same time. I took delivery of my White Ecosport Tit (o) on November 24th as well and saw a Mars Red and Chill being prepared for delivery. So i presume the Chill was yours. A silver was also being delivered fitted with a lot of accessories.

Regarding the MRF's - got mine with MRF too - infact all cars that day had MRF's . Where are you changing these from ? Price etc ?

Thanks for the contact at Sai Mag Wheels - spoke to Gautam and ordered the mats - should be delivered shortly.
Old 26th November 2013, 22:59   #5724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Indian Autos Blog

And in other news, these guys drove for a photoshoot at the same location the official review photoshoot happened.

Attachment 1171533

Gaadi.com
Official review happened in Goa where Ford invited all media i.e. Indian and international. Basically all reviews you see online will be in similar location.

The diesel was driven later on.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:02   #5725
BHPian

Met with an accident yesterday. I was on my way from Manipal hospital to Whitefield. I was on the right lane and there was a BMTC bus on the left lane. This happened near Marathalli. All of a sudden the bus turned right without any signal or indicator. The tail end of the bus hit my left side view mirror and it is broken. It now hangs by the wire.
The driver did'nt even have the courtesy to stop the bus. Followed the bus, overtook him and stopped right infront of him. Heated arguements took place until the police came. I was in no mood to let the driver go. Dragged him and the bus to the HAL police station. He was'nt even sorry for what he did. He was not admitting that it was his fault, instead he was saying it was my fault. The inspector finally said he could no nothing since there is nothing to prove who is at fault. He said I could file a case against the driver, but I will have to leave the car behind for inspection. In the end all we got was an acknowledgement for the FIR whcih I can use to claim insurance.

Gave my car today to Elite ford to replace the mirror. It costs around 3100/ with labor charges. I was expecting something around 6000-7000. Glad that there has been no other damages.
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:15   #5726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Followed the bus, overtook him and stopped right infront of him. Heated arguements took place until the police came. I was in no mood to let the driver go. Dragged him and the bus to the HAL police station.
Sorry about the accident but man you describe is what Road Rage is all about, and sadly this fight was initiated by you - a responsible Team-BHPian.

I suggest for your own well being and of your near and dear ones, please show some restraint. Accidents do happen - world is not perfect. You could have just noted down the bus number and lodged an FIR.
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:18   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Met with an accident yesterday. I was on my way from Manipal hospital to Whitefield. I was on the right lane and there was a BMTC bus on the left lane. This happened near Marathalli. All of a sudden the bus turned right without any signal or indicator. The tail end of the bus hit my left side view mirror and it is broken. It now hangs by the wire. The driver did'nt even have the courtesy to stop the bus. Followed the bus, overtook him and stopped right infront of him. Heated arguements took place until the police came. I was in no mood to let the driver go. Dragged him and the bus to the HAL police station. He was'nt even sorry for what he did. He was not admitting that it was his fault, instead he was saying it was my fault. The inspector finally said he could no nothing since there is nothing to prove who is at fault. He said I could file a case against the driver, but I will have to leave the car behind for inspection. In the end all we got was an acknowledgement for the FIR whcih I can use to claim insurance. Gave my car today to Elite ford to replace the mirror. It costs around 3100/ with labor charges. I was expecting something around 6000-7000. Glad that there has been no other damages.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would say if any govt driver there is absolutely nothing that a citizen can do. Govt drivers know that they will not be held responsible nor will they lose their jobs (no penalty) as there is nowhere to complain about the drivers, the cops I've lost trust in them after an incident. This is a hard pill to swallow but it's best to be safe, abuse him and just drive away, arguing with him and dragging him to the police station will only spoil your day further. My car was hit by a bus driver who jumped a signal and hit my front bumper total damage in the range of 20k, the bus driver still drives through the same route and is still a menace.
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:47   #5728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
My car was hit by a bus driver who jumped a signal and hit my front bumper total damage in the range of 20k, the bus driver still drives through the same route and is still a menace.
This is what encourage these kind of drivers to keep repeating, if no one wants to file case why will he be afraid. If couple of cases are put against him, he will loose all his leaves just attending courts. Biggest punishments is to make them attend courts and most cases victim need not attend unless contested. Advantage is always with the person who files the case 1st.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:51   #5729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Met with an accident yesterday. I was on my way from Manipal hospital to Whitefield. I was on the right lane and there was a BMTC bus on the left lane. This happened near Marathalli. All of a sudden the bus turned right without any signal or indicator. The tail end of the bus hit my left side view mirror and it is broken. It now hangs by the wire.
The driver did'nt even have the courtesy to stop the bus. Followed the bus, overtook him and stopped right infront of him. Heated arguements took place until the police came. I was in no mood to let the driver go. Dragged him and the bus to the HAL police station. He was'nt even sorry for what he did. He was not admitting that it was his fault, instead he was saying it was my fault. The inspector finally said he could no nothing since there is nothing to prove who is at fault. He said I could file a case against the driver, but I will have to leave the car behind for inspection. In the end all we got was an acknowledgement for the FIR whcih I can use to claim insurance.
Oops. Really sad to hear that. As pointed out by fellow bhpian, there's nothing that we can do since he works for a govt agency. Shouting at him would be the only option for us. I have many personal experiences being in this situation where the damages where:
6 OVRM's replaced on my Swift
Left side completely damaged on my Swift (2 doors, front fender)
1 OVRM on my Fiesta
Minor Scratches on the Vento (that was intact)
I did drag one such driver to the station and in the end, I wasted the entire day for nothing. The only thing we can do is to avoid such drivers to the max. But i really understand the pain you are going through.
Sorry for going OT
Atleast, one good thing is the cost of the OVRM isnt all that high. Even I expected it to be close to 5k.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 16:20   #5730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
So we got the vehicle delivered around the same time. I took delivery of my White Ecosport Tit (o) on November 24th as well and saw a Mars Red and Chill being prepared for delivery. So i presume the Chill was yours. A silver was also being delivered fitted with a lot of accessories.

Regarding the MRF's - got mine with MRF too - infact all cars that day had MRF's . Where are you changing these from ? Price etc ?

Thanks for the contact at Sai Mag Wheels - spoke to Gautam and ordered the mats - should be delivered shortly.
I reached the Dealership at about 1230 hrs and left by 1400 hrs, the delivery was really smooth and the time spent on completing the formalities was less than half an hour, rest of the time it was largely spent chatting or understanding the car.

I changed the tyres yesterday to Good Year Assurance from BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar. MRF buyback at Rs. 5000 a tyre and Good Year Assurance was Rs. 5600 a piece. In total, spent Rs. 3000 on changing all the 5 tyres. Good Year is capable of serving my purpose and monetary wise, a logical choice as nothing from Michelin, Yokohama and Continental comes anywhere closer.

Nice you ordered the Mats, I myself took one out and just twisted it to get rid of the dust.

Most Viewed