Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 17:56   #5836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello BHPIANS
I'm just curious.
Did anybody of you got a feedback call directly from Ford about your purchase experience or about your experience about the service at Ford ?
I have heard nothing from them at all.
Yes I have got 3 calls and 2 mails already. Couple of them congratulatory and couple of them feedback, both call n mail.
One of them on behalf of Vinay Piparsania. :-)
I took delivery on 5th of Nov.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 18:27   #5837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post

Yes I have got 3 calls and 2 mails already. Couple of them congratulatory and couple of them feedback, both call n mail.
One of them on behalf of Vinay Piparsania. :-)
I took delivery on 5th of Nov.
Thanks techfreak !Can you please let me know which email does the mail come from ?
Old 4th December 2013, 19:36   #5838
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Hello BHPIANS
I'm just curious.
Did anybody of you got a feedback call directly from Ford about your purchase experience or about your experience about the service at Ford ?
I did get a call from chennai asking how was the over all experience and the also from cauvery ford Bangalore about delivery experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Seems like Ford is all set to hike the prices again. A member in the other forum says he has got a mail from Ford stating the same. Has anyone else got such mails? I hope it is fake news. #fingerscrossed
The price will be hiked is what the GM of Cauvery Ford said during my delivery. I took delivery on 11th Nov around 40k for Titanium and Optional will cross 12L mark

I took the vehicle Delivery on 11th November so far have driven 1200Kms the High's are
- Great GC coz I live in Bangalore lots of potholes
- Ride is pleasant
- SYNC works like a charm
- Love the way car handles in city (Light steering)
- Gear nob is smooth
- Steering mounted audio controls
- Lot of Bottle holders
- Thud Sound from door

Low's
- Fabric seat attract lot of dust
- Wish it had Duster's suspension
- Audio system is creating some annoying sound on Left Front Door
- Auto AC blows like wind (though I stared to increase the temp and reduce it gradually)
- Good Year pattern is such that lot of small stones gets attached in between the groves scared if it might cause the puncher

FE is 15 both city and Highway (tank full to tank full method)
Recently went to a 700km trip got a fuel economy of 21kmpl with 3 people on board it was a brilliant drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-front.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-rear.jpg  

anilkumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 20:48   #5839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
The price will be hiked is what the GM of Cauvery Ford said during my delivery. I took delivery on 11th Nov around 40k for Titanium and Optional will cross 12L mark
My dealer is such a fraudster that he was denying the price hike, when I asked him the same during my last visit to the showroom.I am yet to get my car and I no more trust my dealer.I'll wait for 10 days and file a suit in the district consumer forum under Consumer Protection Act(COPRA 1986). Never thought my new car buying experience would be such a clutter
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 21:16   #5840
BHPian

Quote:

My dealer is such a fraudster that he was denying the price hike, when I asked him the same during my last visit to the showroom.I am yet to get my car and I no more trust my dealer.I'll wait for 10 days and file a suit in the district consumer forum under Consumer Protection Act(COPRA 1986). Never thought my new car buying experience would be such a clutter
Take my word. Ford will beg on their knees to sell Ecosport next year. Its a completely frustrating company. Even though i got my one delivered but i do not think will be able to keep this vehicle for a long time.
With price touching 12 lakhs Mahindras and Suzuki will just kill them to death.
I feel Ford really deserves this.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 21:41   #5841
BHPian

I've upgraded my Trend TDCI (INR 9.5 L) booking to Titanium TDCI (INR 10.6 L), main reason being the lack of airbags. Recent threads and posts in team-bhp are the main contributors to consider for the upgrade.

Waiting period quoted for Titanium TDCI is 8 months but SA confirmed that my waiting period will be considered from original date of booking even though I've upgraded to higher variant. My original booking was on 21 Oct. Hope that is true.

And SA also mentioned all the old backlog bookings and new booking information is shared with Ford as on 1 Dec and Ford is now directly looking into the deliveries.

And last but not least at least 50K hike on Titanium model is on the way.

Last edited by Apple : 4th December 2013 at 21:44.
Old 4th December 2013, 22:44   #5842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take my word. Ford will beg on their knees to sell Ecosport next year. Its a completely frustrating company. Even though i got my one delivered but i do not think will be able to keep this vehicle for a long time.
With price touching 12 lakhs Mahindras and Suzuki will just kill them to death.
I feel Ford really deserves this.
Next year or not, there definitely will be a day when Ford will beg for customers to choose the EcoSport. 2014 end to 2015 will see the advent of many new crossovers/mini-SUVs from Hyundai, Honda & others and at that time, EcoSport won't even be on everyone's mind. All they will have is to fulfil export demand.

Ignoring domestic demand and shipping to foreign land just for more profits, is not fair, leaving so many present customers who have booked the EcoSport at the dealer's mercy (and then probably making them pay increased cost of vehicle for no fault of theirs?). They will pay badly, very soon. All their other models too are fast losing whatever interest they have in the market. (Grand i10 is having a roll and will take away more Figo sales (which is already in a decline), which is their other existing volume product).
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 07:09   #5843
BHPian

When they launched it the price was just right. Maybe a little lower than what everyone expected.

After the 5th sep hike it became a little expensive for what it offers.

If a new hike comes in 2014 it will be exorbitantly priced. Hoping ford will not go the Renault way. Making a good car more expensive than what it offers.
Old 5th December 2013, 07:57   #5844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Next year or not, there definitely will be a day when Ford will beg for customers to choose the EcoSport. 2014 end to 2015 will see the advent of many new crossovers/mini-SUVs from Hyundai, Honda & others and at that time, EcoSport won't even be on everyone's mind. All they will have is to fulfil export demand.

Ignoring domestic demand and shipping to foreign land just for more profits, is not fair, leaving so many present customers who have booked the EcoSport at the dealer's mercy (and then probably making them pay increased cost of vehicle for no fault of theirs?). They will pay badly, very soon. All their other models too are fast losing whatever interest they have in the market. (Grand i10 is having a roll and will take away more Figo sales (which is already in a decline), which is their other existing volume product).
I guess that is what they are doing. Make maximum profits till nobody lauches a competetion.
Shame on such a strategy.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:37   #5845
BHPian

I don't know what they are upto, but being a multinational car manufacturer and a well reputed company( not in India though ), they should have known the fact that business is not just about making profits. It's how good one can make the consumers feel happy and develop a healthy public relationship, which is sheerly lacking in Ford India.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:45   #5846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Glad to inform you guys that I got my Red guy delivered yesterday. Good thing is its Good Year Tyres
Thanks a lot for all my Fellow BHPians for all your support.

Will post Photos soon.

Booking date : 1 sep
Delivery : 29 Nov
1.5D Trend Mars Red
So far completed 500 Kms. Very Exciting to drive this Machine. Engine slowly settles down. It gains smoothness day by day.
Positives:
Great GC
Good Road Presence (Still its a great Head Turner though there are lots of them on Roads)
Superb Steering very light for a Vehicle of 1+ ton.
Steering Mounted Controls are really helpful
OEM Audio System Rocks
Negatives:
Stiff suspension
I'm scared of Vibration in Plastics as I'm hearing a noise in driver side Speaker pads.

Attached few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-007.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-008.jpg  

pkk_84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:56   #5847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess that is what they are doing. Make maximum profits till nobody lauches a competetion.
Shame on such a strategy.
It definitely is a shame because all that talk made by Ford's India CEO was such a waste, about able to meet maximum demand and all. It was pure bull crap because clearly, either they don't have the ability to meet high demands and they were bluffing or they do and they're trying to maximise profits (by exporting), at the cost of waiting domestic customers.

Quote:
........... It's how good one can make the consumers feel happy and develop a healthy public relationship, which is sheerly lacking in Ford India.
I don't know what Ford is doing to make customers feel happy or good. Marketing for any model is almost zilch. All I hear on the radio is about a mid-night sale by Ford on 5th Dec. Where they're open from 8am till mid-night (is additional ~6 hours a big deal?) andd free gifts are assured for everyone. Catch is everyone who book on 5th Dec, should take delivery by 31st Dec. Irrespective of what the gifts are, it does look like a strategy to push away 2013 stocks.
Old 5th December 2013, 11:07   #5848
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPIANS
I'm just curious.
I got a mail on 30th Nov from customerviewpoint@custmoreviewpointreply.com for a survey on the entire delivery process. It is a third party tasked to do the survey for Ford. I had taken delivery in mid October.

Rated them 1-2 on most of the questions and poured my heart out in the last page of the survey which had a section for general comments on the delivery process/ownership with a limit of 5000 characters.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:52   #5849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Its an excellent vehicle on highways. Steering weighs up nicely at high speeds and the engine doesn't feel strained at triple digit speeds. .
After multiple long drives(500+) my family and friends feels its less tiresome compared to other hatchbacks and pseudo sedans.

Very true
It's the same with my case
Long drives are really nice
People at the back seats are very happy even after a long drive (which was not the case in my earlier cars)
Old 5th December 2013, 14:52   #5850
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta EcoBoost is Women's World Car of the Year

The Ford Fiesta 1litre EcoBoost has won the Women's World Car of the Year award. The engine has also bagged the Engine of the year award. This could give a further boost to already surging Ford Ecosport sales in India. Good news for Ford India.

Link to the article -

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...r-award/17467/

(Mods please move or merge if required)

Last edited by wilful : 5th December 2013 at 15:01.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed