Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:38   #6136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have seen few members installing DRLs bought from aliexpress.com onto the existing headlight assembly. Can you share more details on that? Link and the installation process.
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:36   #6137
BHPian

Can someone tell me if we could install a separate door lock lever/mechanism to this car (or for any car)? Rear doors are ok with child-lock on, but what about front passenger door?. I get very nervous when I see people keeping their hands on door levers. May be because I am used to separate locks. And I don't like the fact that anyone could press the unlock button without the driver noticing. Same problem goes with the boot door also.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:36   #6138
BHPian

Got my first service or rather check up done today. Didn't change the oil, so it was no work for the service guys. They did some basic checks from their side and handed the car over in a few hours. Always felt this would be a waste of time as I had no issues unlike my Figo's first service with all squeaks, brakepad noise and dust etc.
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:09   #6139
BHPian

On the central display there are five indicators for CD, Aux Phone etc.
They become visible when the car is started and turn amber when that particular item is used.

1) What is the last one for? It has a sort of snow flake symbol.
2) Until today evening I did not notice it, but it becomes visible as soon as the ignition is turned on. I am not sure if that was happening till this morning. The only change since this evening is I used the 12 V outlet for the first time .
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:43   #6140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Can someone tell me if we could install a separate door lock lever/mechanism to this car (or for any car)? Rear doors are ok with child-lock on, but what about front passenger door?. I get very nervous when I see people keeping their hands on door levers. May be because I am used to separate locks. And I don't like the fact that anyone could press the unlock button without the driver noticing. Same problem goes with the boot door also.
This, I now find as almost standard specially on Europeans cars.
As is being claimed, this is useful in case of a crash to let passengers come out with ease but is obviously something we are not used to.

In my Rapid, I have enabled Child lock on one of the rear doors and ensure Wifey with Kid sits on the same side.
As I have realised, unless you have naughty kids/curious passengers in the front seats, you need not have to worry about the door lock.
Infact, I find this arrangement very convenient now may be due to the fact that I have got accustomed to the way it operated.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:54   #6141
BHPian

I am also planning to cancel my booking of ES AT @ Riddhi Ford. I booked my car on 2nd July 2013 and yet to hear from the dealer.

Not even a single call from Riddhi Ford even after 5 months. :(
raz0r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 10:24   #6142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
I am also planning to cancel my booking of ES AT @ Riddhi Ford. I booked my car on 2nd July 2013 and yet to hear from the dealer.

Not even a single call from Riddhi Ford even after 5 months. :(
Hi raz0r - ATs are indeed in short supply. My dealer gets only 1 AT per allotment and it took me 6 months with continuous follow up and some luck to get my vehicle delivered. Ford is not manufacturing many ATs for Indian consumer. But the car is worth it in the end. Try following up with Ford and Dealer and get a firm delivery date. There is no other AT vehicle that comes near EcoSport at this price point. ( I am not forgetting the fun factor of POLO GT TSI - but EcoSport AT is the most practical AT out there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Wow that is familiar territory. We too have an I10 AT.

The i10 AT FE is always at least 2kmpl less than that of the Ecosport due to 4 speed gearbox vs 6 Speed dual clutch in the Ecosport.

Also power in the Eco sport feels more that adequate while it feels insufficient in the i10. My wife feels the same. She loved the ecosport power.

Am sure that your engine either needs to open out or that you are hesitating in giving the ecosport adequate pressure on the acc pedal.

The i10 could be more responsive for a light feet push as it is a lighter vehicle though.
Thanks ACM - I am finding i10 AT much more responsive on tap. My EcoSport (may be tuning) is good on mileage, but feels the weight. But coming to refinement - i10 AT now feels so noisy and crude compared to EcoSport AT which is super silent and very refined.

Mod Note: Please use "Multi-quote" option instead of posting back to back.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th January 2014 at 17:54. Reason: ES = EcoSport. Please type car names in full, as acronyms are hard to understand + are not searchable.
Old 6th January 2014, 00:31   #6143
BHPian

The clock in my ecosport's Multi Functional Display keeps on getting reset.
It has happened thrice during the last 2 months and i had to set it back. Has any body faced the same issue?

Also just before one of my recent Highway trips, i found out that the 12V connector next to the driver is not working. . Had not used it before and has thinking of using it for my GPS.
Old 6th January 2014, 08:23   #6144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
It has happened thrice during the last 2 months and i had to set it back. Has any body faced the same issue?

Also just before one of my recent Highway trips, i found out that the 12V connector next to the driver is not working. . Had not used it before and has thinking of using it for my GPS.
No such issues so far. I am using the 12V connector regularly via USAMS adapter which has 2 USB ports.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 10:29   #6145

I went for first service of my Ecosport last Saturday. I had no complaints from the vehicle so it was just cleaning & inspection.

Service was quick. I handed over the vehicle at about 11:00 AM in morning and got the call to pickup the vehicle at 2:00 PM. I guess there wasn't much to do. Was happy with everything and came back home.

In the evening when I needed some coins for couple of photo-copies, I checked the storage below the headlight switch, where I keep all my coins. I found that it was empty. Not even a single coin!

Its not about money. There were less than hundred rupees in it (some tens, fives and others). I had removed everything from the car before handing it over for service. Everything except the coins. I thought who would steal few coins. But it happened.

It leaves a sour taste in mouth. Workmanship and average honesty level in India has gone way down recently. You just cant trust anyone. Be careless for a minute and someone will rob you with whatever he can.

Quote:

I haven't faced any issues related to clock being reset. Also, using 12V socket for charging my phone regularly and no issues regarding that either.
hemmmer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 10:42   #6146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
This, I now find as almost standard specially on Europeans cars.
As is being claimed, this is useful in case of a crash to let passengers come out with ease but is obviously something we are not used to....

As I have realised, unless you have naughty kids/curious passengers in the front seats, you need not have to worry about the door lock.
Infact, I find this arrangement very convenient now may be due to the fact that I have got accustomed to the way it operated.
Thanks achopraa, maybe I will also get used to it but right now I really like to have an extra door lock lever. Yeah naughty kids and curious passengers are my problem. At least with that lever someone would be able to stop before he could pull that lever.
RideRanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 12:05   #6147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
After 5k Kms with the Tdci the FE figures have somewhat settled down. I get consistently 14-15 in bangalore city traffic and 18-21 on highways.
AC doesn't make much difference IMO.
There isn't any substantial increase in the mileage over this period. As I mentioned before I have modified my driving style a bit and have reduced early downshifts which I was doing initially. Need to see that the engine is around 2k mark to extract the maximum.
Meanwhile the thick A pillar came into picture yesterday when I hit a moped while I was taking a right turn at an intersection. The moped was fully hidden by the pillar. Thank god that my wife spotted the moped and I slowed down.
Dear Sunilg and other Ford Ecosport AT Owners. I just crossed 4K kms on the Ford Ecosport AT and the Mileage I have obtained is 11 kmpl in city traffic with the A/c on permanently with feather touch accelerator & 14.4 kms on the highway (200 kms run 2 way). Average Highway speed between 80-100 kmph - always use the Sports Mode. Am thoroughly satisfied with the mileage, However I feel the car strains to reach or cross 100 kmph. The steering feels really weighted and not light after 60 kmph so it gives me a feeling of being secure. Wonder about the AT performance in the hills or ghat sections, especially downhill runs, Does it use the Engine braking around the curves.
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 12:48   #6148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
On the central display there are five indicators for CD, Aux Phone etc.
They become visible when the car is started and turn amber when that particular item is used.

1) What is the last one for? It has a sort of snow flake symbol.
2) Until today evening I did not notice it, but it becomes visible as soon as the ignition is turned on. I am not sure if that was happening till this morning. The only change since this evening is I used the 12 V outlet for the first time .
The last icon is for Settings / Menu.
It is always visible when the ICE is ON (it means Settings/Menu is available).
You might not have noticed it before i feel.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:01   #6149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The clock in my ecosport's Multi Functional Display keeps on getting reset. It has happened thrice during the last 2 months and i had to set it back. Has any body faced the same issue?

My date/time and 12V connectors all work fine (I use it for my cellphone charger).

The only time I saw a reset was when the date went back by a few months when I gave it for the first service (time was unchanged!0 - I suspect either the battery was disconnected, or the ICE firmware was updated/reset.

Your case is an aberration, please get it checked out fully. It'll also be worth confirming that all other car electricals are working fine, given you have 2 (apparently separate) issues.

Best regards from a fellow owner of a blue EcoBoost
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:05   #6150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
...In the evening when I needed some coins for couple of photo-copies, I checked the storage below the headlight switch, where I keep all my coins. I found that it was empty. Not even a single coin!

Its not about money. There were less than hundred rupees in it (some tens, fives and others). I had removed everything from the car before handing it over for service. Everything except the coins. I thought who would steal few coins. But it happened...
Expect the unexpected. This is pretty much the same case with any A$$. Remember these guys work for pennies. So some of them will grab anything they can. Sometimes, even the SAs ask me to take all the coins left in the boxes, when I give my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks