Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:59   #7336
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

This looks awesome, really like the design. Is it simple plug and play unit or some adjustment has been done? Please keep the thread updated with further details.
Old 3rd June 2014, 06:12   #7337

The headlight looks really nice. Did you get any warranty with these Taiwan made headlights? If yes then for how long it is valid? Also apart from headlights any more modifications you have done to your car?

The looks of the car have definitely improved and is looking amazing with the change of headlights. Loving the looks of the car.

One question though. Are these led headlights or normal type?

Thanks for sharing about your remapping and modifications experience.
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:14   #7338
Senior - BHPian

Awesome is not the word. Even Ford would not have been able to give such a facelift to an already good looking car. The icing on the cake is the wire mesh grille in the front, looks completely different from a stock EcoSport. You can start calling your vehicle the Ford EcoSport Titanium (O)+
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 08:54   #7339
Team-BHP Support

More details on the remap please. I am yet to see and read about the 1.5 TDCi engine remap experience. That would be great to know.
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:54   #7340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post

I recently changed the headlamps of my Ecosport.
This new pare of headlamp assemblies costed me Rs.23000/-

And here are the results
Amazing mod EcoBeast, simply gorgeous !!

I am not the biggest fan of the Ecosport and everytime I see one from the front, it does not help my thought one bit. But you have made your stead look good and I think I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

But Frankly speaking I didn't like the large chrome grill in the front, I personally don't like too much bling-bling (chrome on my cars).

If I were you I would have got the grill painted matt black.
I second Captain Slow's thought here. Too much chrome is just not for me either.

EcoBeast you must try getting a black grill which should make the Ecosport look more sporty, Unless you particularily like Chrome sort of Bling.

P.S - I am more interested with the Remap. So, EcoBeast can you please confirm which Engine powers your car that you have remapped ?
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:25   #7341
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
Thanks for sharing the details Vidyut I have a Sea Grey EcoSport, so the White is not an option black or grey would look better.
When you go there do you mind asking if he will take orders on phone and courier to Hyderabad.
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:28   #7342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
When you go there do you mind asking if he will take orders on phone and courier to Hyderabad.
Srinivas I will ask him about the same & pass on the information to you.
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:54   #7343
BHPian

Quote:
Lovely headlights!

Are these HID's? or just regular bulbs with projectors?
These are projectors with H7 bulbs. I have used 100 watt bulbs with a relay, to get good light output.

Quote:
But Frankly speaking I didn't like the large chrome grill in the front, I personally don't like too much bling-bling (chrome on my cars).

If I were you I would have got the grill painted matt black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I second Captain Slow's thought here. Too much chrome is just not for me either.
EcoBeast you must try getting a black grill which should make the Ecosport look more sporty, Unless you particularily like Chrome sort of Bling.
I know exactly what you guys mean. Even I'm not a huge fan of crome. When I installed these headlights the chrome grill was not there. But if you observe, the headlights have full black housing. Original headlights had chrome reflectors. With those gone, the front of the car was looking as if it has had an overload of BLACK on it's face. The grill actually balanced it out. My camera doesn't do justice to the grill, in the night photos I posted. It looks much better in reality, than than in the snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
P.S - I am more interested with the Remap. So, EcoBeast can you please confirm which Engine powers your car that you have remapped ?
I have prepared a detailed review of the remapping experience. Just finalizing it. Will share it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
This looks awesome, really like the design. Is it simple plug and play unit or some adjustment has been done? Please keep the thread updated with further details.
It is simply a plug and play unit. No modification required. Just remove two screws and power cable, replace the unit and put the screws and power cable back. Total installation time: 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveer View Post
The headlight looks really nice. Did you get any warranty with these Taiwan made headlights? If yes then for how long it is valid? Also apart from headlights any more modifications you have done to your car?

The looks of the car have definitely improved and is looking amazing with the change of headlights. Loving the looks of the car.

One question though. Are these led headlights or normal type?

Thanks for sharing about your remapping and modifications experience.
Got a 1 year warranty with the lamps. They are normal halogen lamps. The projectors accept H7 bulbs and high beam reflectors accepts H1 bulbs.
Other than the headlamps, I have done the following modifications:
  • Added a chrome grill. You can see that in the pictures.
  • Installed a relay to support 100 watt bulbs for more light output
  • Got the ECU remapped for higher performance.
Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 3rd June 2014 at 20:50.
EcoBeast is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:41   #7344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
These are projectors with H7 bulbs. I have used 100 watt bulbs with a relay, to get good light output.

I know exactly what you guys mean. Even I'm not a huge fan of crome. When I installed these headlights the chrome grill was not there. But if you observe, the headlights have full black housing. Original headlights had chrome reflectors. With those gone, the front of the car was looking as if it has had an overload of BLACK on it's face. The grill actually balanced it out. My camera doesn't do justice to the grill, in the night photos I posted. It looks much better in reality, than than in the snaps.

The projectors are looking Gr8. In a way also enhancing the looks & appeal of the car. I liked the mesh grill

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th June 2014 at 23:59. Reason: fixing the quote
highwaycruizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 14:18   #7345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check the wiring as it may be plugged to get activated or the sensor is playing havoc. IMO there is a button on the IRVM to activate this feature.
Guys really need help. Ford has changed my IRVM completely but it hasn't still solved the problem. The mirror still doesn't auto dim at nighttime. I think they are selling faulty products or they didn't provide auto dimming feature in Rs.22,000 device. Either way its unethical.
Old 5th June 2014, 15:23   #7346

This is my fist post, but I have been following T-BHP for quite some time as a guest user. I got my Moon Dust Silver Ecosport Titanium (O) Diesel yesterday only. I haven't really driven it so far - just a few kms, but before I take it to a long drive tomorrow, I wanted to thank all fellow T-BHPians for helping me (unknowingly, of course) with the purchase of my EcoSport. I especially want to thank ecosport_rules for this very informative thread.

For me, getting an EcoSport after going through this thread was quick decision, which was immensely helped by Noida Ford by a lighting fast delivery! Thanks, folks!
Old 5th June 2014, 16:20   #7347
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post

Guys really need help. Ford has changed my IRVM completely but it hasn't still solved the problem. The mirror still doesn't auto dim at nighttime. I think they are selling faulty products or they didn't provide auto dimming feature in Rs.22,000 device. Either way its unethical.
Is there any kind of fuse that is blown what about the main wiring? Is that checked?

Did you place the unit in another EcoSport and check for working?

What does Ford have to say here? Since the unit was replaced under warranty and now the new one is also faulty. Surprising!

22K and no auto dimming feature!

Anurag.
Old 5th June 2014, 17:55   #7348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is there any kind of fuse that is blown what about the main wiring? Is that checked?

Did you place the unit in another EcoSport and check for working?

What does Ford have to say here? Since the unit was replaced under warranty and now the new one is also faulty. Surprising!

22K and no auto dimming feature!

Anurag.
The service centre here is operated by fools. Despite of me telling them to check the wiring several times, they didn't bother to check as they said that everything is fine and we can only replace the device. According to them the mirror fitted in my car is working properly and they can't do anything as they receive the accessories directly from ford.
Bunch of morons
Old 5th June 2014, 18:04   #7349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post

The service centre here is operated by fools. Despite of me telling them to check the wiring several times, they didn't bother to check as they said that everything is fine and we can only replace the device. According to them the mirror fitted in my car is working properly and they can't do anything as they receive the accessories directly from ford.
Is that ASC the only one in your city? No chance of second opinion or else go to any reputed accessory shop and ask them to check the wiring and the whole unit.

Anurag.
Old 5th June 2014, 18:20   #7350

Last month i booked an ecosport titanium at vibrant ford - hyderabad. The waiting/delivery time given to me is 5-6 months. I have read some posts here that delivery was quick for them , why is this difference ? One more thing is vibrant ford a good option ? Can other dealers provide faster delivery or is it the same across all dealers in Hyderabad ?

Most Viewed