Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 10:17   #7756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi, an update now my ecosport's mileage as improved to 11.8 kmpl in city 4500 kms done same fuel and some off-roadding recently. pics attached
Good photos. I would suggest you get front and rear appliques. These add so much character to black ecosport.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 11:20   #7757
BHPian

Hello friends...
My Eco is Diesel Titanium is 11 months old and has done 7000 kms on the odo.
The milaege that iam getting is merely between 10 - 11 km/l in city conditions with 100% AC on.
Any views on this. Also please advise if we can expect better milaege after the service which is due next month.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2014, 11:28   #7758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Hello friends...
My Eco is Diesel Titanium is 11 months old and has done 7000 kms on the odo.
The milaege that iam getting is merely between 10 - 11 km/l in city conditions with 100% AC on.
Any views on this. Also please advise if we can expect better milaege after the service which is due next month.
Thanks in advance.
I have similar figures. The best is around 14 in the city, but it's around 12-13 most of the time. I would suggest you ask them to clean the air filter. My car is also 11 months old and clocked around 12k+ kms.
Old 1st August 2014, 11:30   #7759
Senior - BHPian

I've a question playing in my mind since the last few days.

Is Ford slowly but steadily pulling out on petrol engines (at least in some segments) and looking towards a largely diesel strategy?

The new fiesta is diesel only and now its getting extremely challenging to get a 1.5P Ecosport. Maybe this discussion deserves a separate thread.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 11:41   #7760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have similar figures. The best is around 14 in the city, but it's around 12-13 most of the time. I would suggest you ask them to clean the air filter. My car is also 11 months old and clocked around 12k+ kms.
Interesting, if the 1.5 Diesel Ecosport gives only 12-13 kmpl & 1.5 Petrol gives 11-12 kmpl, then the latter is a far better choice given initial & long term running costs?
Old 1st August 2014, 11:53   #7761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Interesting, if the 1.5 Diesel Ecosport gives only 12-13 kmpl & 1.5 Petrol gives 11-12 kmpl, then the latter is a far better choice given initial & long term running costs?
Well, depends on the way you drive. There are people reporting 16-18 in city and 20+ on the highway. I manage to squeeze out 16-17 on the highway and am not light footed. Moreover, my commute is always clogged with traffic thanks to the ongoing metro works.
Old 1st August 2014, 14:06   #7762
Distinguished - BHPian

My diesel Ecosport is a year old and gives exactly 9.6 kmpl is dense city traffic. I used to get 13 kmpl or so with my Polo diesel before. I guess this is to be expected the Ecosport is a heavier vehicle and not very aerodynamic in shape with the flat front end.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 14:30   #7763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My diesel Ecosport is a year old and gives exactly 9.6 kmpl is dense city traffic. I used to get 13 kmpl or so with my Polo diesel before. I guess this is to be expected the Ecosport is a heavier vehicle and not very aerodynamic in shape with the flat front end.
This is not correct. For sure its heavier than Polo but it scares highly on aerodynamics. This point was put across during the launch and is mentioned in the review thread as well, correct me if I'm wrong. Also i remember hearing about its aerodynamic design in Car&Bike show.
Old 1st August 2014, 16:13   #7764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it is more to do with Engine than design of car. In city particularly aerodynamic aspect should not aid much. Ecosport diesel is 1.5 and Polo is 1.2. My Vento 1.6 TDi returns 10-12 in heavy traffic. Polo is lighter as well.
That said 9.6 is pretty low. In heavy traffic i get around 12.
Old 1st August 2014, 23:01   #7765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Well, depends on the way you drive. There are people reporting 16-18 in city and 20+ on the highway. I manage to squeeze out 16-17 on the highway and am not light footed. Moreover, my commute is always clogged with traffic thanks to the ongoing metro works.
Here's my update on my TDCI, 8K kms in Bangalore city traffic daily 25kms to & fro I get 15kmpl per the MID. It was hovering around 14.7/8 for a long time, now it consistently shows 15.0/1.
The worst was on short trips of 2-3 kms which I did for a week or so, the mileage dropped to 13ish.
On highways use can easily get 19+ if driven over 100kmph and around 22-23 if you force yourself to drive at 80kmph.
Old 2nd August 2014, 09:48   #7766
BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

So I got this SMS the other day. Has anyone else got this? This is for my Ecosport and the policy is up for renewal soon.

"Dear Customer, please get your car insurance done through Ford preferred insurance only. No other Insurance company like HDFC or Tata AIG etc has any tie up with Ford workshops for cashless facility. Please contact Harpreet Ford for more queries. Rgds Harpreet Ford 9582940218/8447736646"

Last edited by sharninder : 2nd August 2014 at 09:49.
Old 2nd August 2014, 09:56   #7767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
So I got this SMS the other day. Has anyone else got this? This is for my Ecosport and the policy is up for renewal soon.

"Dear Customer, please get your car insurance done through Ford preferred insurance only. No other Insurance company like HDFC or Tata AIG etc has any tie up with Ford workshops for cashless facility. Please contact Harpreet Ford for more queries. Rgds Harpreet Ford 9582940218/8447736646"
You can visit the following website to get to know the workshops that offer cashless cover via TATA AIG. Even if the particular dealer is not on the list, there are bound to be other dealers in your city who have cashless facility.

http://www.tataaiginsurance.in/mobil...e_locator.html

I just renewed my insurance and got a quote for Rs. 26K from Ford dealer and 21K from TATA AIG. Went with the latter and saved almost 20%
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:16   #7768
BHPian

Quote:
You can visit the following website to get to know the workshops that offer cashless cover via TATA AIG. Even if the particular dealer is not on the list, there are bound to be other dealers in your city who have cashless facility.

http://www.tataaiginsurance.in/mobil...e_locator.html

I just renewed my insurance and got a quote for Rs. 26K from Ford dealer and 21K from TATA AIG. Went with the latter and saved almost 20%

The reason I'm asking is because the message talks about Ford workshops in general and not about the Harpreet ford workshops. But maybe it's just the dealer playing tricks.
Old 2nd August 2014, 13:57   #7769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I've a question playing in my mind since the last few days.

Is Ford slowly but steadily pulling out on petrol engines (at least in some segments) and looking towards a largely diesel strategy?

The new fiesta is diesel only and now its getting extremely challenging to get a 1.5P Ecosport. Maybe this discussion deserves a separate thread.
Yes, it is obvious that Ford India is phasing out Ti-VCT engine.

This is evident from the fact that over the past couple of months, virtually no Petrol ES have been delivered and the new Fiesta is available only in one powertrain option - 1.5 TDCi... no Ecoboost, no Ti-VCT. Even the new Figo (or 'Ka') which is expected to be launched in March next year will have no Ti-VCT option.

Ford also makes Ecoboost engine in 1.5, 1.6 and 2L versions. I'm guessing these engines will gradually start replacing all Ti-VCT engines. Ford had plans back in 2011 to start manufacturing Ecoboost engines in India and that hasn't materialized yet. Importing the engine reduces Ford's margins and maybe that's why they haven't offered Fiesta in Ecoboost version yet.

I guess, we'll have to wait till Ford starts manufacturing Ecoboost locally before seeing any new Petrol Ford cars around. But given the fact that Hyundai is going full-steam on developing its small 3 cylinder turbo petrol, Ford risks losing its early bird advantage.

The entire mis-management and lack of foresight has left a very bitter taste for most of Ford's potential customers and has clearly dented Ford's image in India.

Last edited by dsunn : 2nd August 2014 at 14:08.
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:46   #7770
Senior - BHPian

Wanted an opinion from fellow Ecosport owners, recently got my father's car serviced and it is a 1.5 Diesel which has now clocked over 10k kms. I have not driven the car much since it is his daily drive but had taken it for service to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar, Delhi.

Was browsing through the thread and it states 3.8 litres as the capacity for engine oil whereas in my bill, it shows they have filled 4.1 litres. Though it is just 300 ml extra, have read extra oil is extremely harmful for turbochargers and makes the car lethargic, dad is even complaining of low fuel efficiency after service.

The front suspension is making loud thud noises these days when it hits a raised section of the road (like when they make new roads and dont taper the edges, so once you go from old to new road, the slight height difference makes the car thud badly)

Should i send a strong worded mail to Ford about this fiasco? Why is their dealer not following company guidelines?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks