Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2014, 18:30   #8266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Any idea on the waiting time for EcoSport AT version in Bangalore? When I checked with Elite Ford, they were quoting 4 - 6 months. How is Elite Ford, any feedback? All other Ford showrooms are halfway across the city for me (Whitefield).
I have been a regular customer of elite ford for servicing my Ecosport. I must say they are pretty good. The Service advisor's are knowledgeable and are of good help. I did visit the showroom as well and had a good experience.
After every service i get at least 3 -4 calls for feedback.
Last time the advisor asked me "Are you satisfied? for which i told Yes. Next he asks me how can i improve so that I would be completely Satisfied?" . I had give 4 stars out of 5 and all he wanted to know what can he do to get 5 stars!!
Old 18th November 2014, 18:34   #8267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I checked with Kaveri Ford, Magadi road. They mentioned 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Dont know how good, but Elite Ford is run by the same folks who also run Dakshin Honda.
Thanks a lot balajisv and uday.ere, I have made the booking at Elite and they gave a 4 - 6 month target. Let us see how it goes.
Old 18th November 2014, 19:04   #8268
Team-BHP Support

There is a small TSB for the Ecosport. The left side tail lamp can get chipped from the edge if it is not aligned correctly. This happens when you open the rear boot. Due to sideways opening, there is a chance that the light cluster on the boot door hits the light cluster on the body causing the plastic housing of the tail light to crack. This will happen only for left hand side.

Ford just realigns the tail lamps to fix the issue.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 22:26   #8269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There is a small TSB for the Ecosport. The left side tail lamp can get chipped from the edge if it is not aligned correctly. This happens when you open the rear boot. Due to sideways opening, there is a chance that the light cluster on the boot door hits the light cluster on the body causing the plastic housing of the tail light to crack. This will happen only for left hand side.

This happened on my vehicle where one fine day the tail lamp parts on either panels started rubbing against each other when the boot door is opened . I thought this happened due to misalignment of hinges on boot door and did a alignment of hinges myself which solved the issue.
Old 19th November 2014, 09:46   #8270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on the waiting time for EcoSport AT version in Bangalore? When I checked with Elite Ford, they were quoting 4 - 6 months.
In Pune Talera Ford quoted 8 months while booking, but I got the vehicle within two months. As per sales person there, when they make a batch of AT vehicles, their entire waiting list clears in a single go. This happens once in 2-3 months.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 10:00   #8271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
In Pune Talera Ford quoted 8 months while booking, but I got the vehicle within two months. As per sales person there, when they make a batch of AT vehicles, their entire waiting list clears in a single go. This happens once in 2-3 months.

Rahul
Thanks Rahul. Looks like there is not much movement for the AT model. The sales advisor with whom I interacted was mentioning that he has not seen an Automatic yet, he said he is 4 months old with Ford.

Mileage also seems to be low in comparison. Though in a completely different segment, Polo AT gives a better millage in comparison. I would be more than happy with a 3 month waiting period, delivery would happen in 2015. Any idea when the 2015 model would be coming? SA was mentioning something line March / April, any news?
Old 19th November 2014, 17:44   #8272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
Can you let us know if its a petrol 1 L, 1.5 L or the diesel?
Maybe you missed, he mentioned that it's a diesel engine.
Old 19th November 2014, 21:27   #8273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I live in Hyderabad and have a Ecoboost and in City traffic I am getting 9.8-10.5 on an average. On highway if you keep the RPM around 1800 to 2000 in 5th gear on higway, you will get more than 18.5 and I have got that. If you go past 2000 RPM the mileage drops significantly. Last month I have gone for a long trip of 900 KM and I got an average of 9.8. The roads were really good and the RPM was always more than 3.5. Driveability in city is ok. The biggest problem in slow moving traffic. The Gearing is long and you have to keep yourself in first or second gear.
I always thought ecoboost returns it's best fuel efficiency when it's driven in its turbo range. No?
Old 20th November 2014, 11:10   #8274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

That's some timing. I noticed this yesterday when the security guy at the mall opened the rear to check the car. It made some noise and when I stepped out I noticed the misalignment. Thankfully nothing broke.
Old 21st November 2014, 11:00   #8275
Senior - BHPian

The latest on road prices in Tiruppur, but should be common for rest of Tamil Nadu as well.

They have added front chrome grill, vinyl seat cover and car cover with the list of actual 'essential pack'.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-scan-price-list.jpg  

ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 11:32   #8276

Quote:
Thanks Rahul. Looks like there is not much movement for the AT model. The sales advisor with whom I interacted was mentioning that he has not seen an Automatic yet, he said he is 4 months old with Ford.

Mileage also seems to be low in comparison. Though in a completely different segment, Polo AT gives a better millage in comparison. I would be more than happy with a 3 month waiting period, delivery would happen in 2015. Any idea when the 2015 model would be coming? SA was mentioning something line March / April, any news?
AT Ecosport with Dual Clutch Transmission from German manufacturer Getrag which has to be imported is mated to Fords 1.5 Liter Petrol Engine which is turning out very expensive for Ford, that is the main reason it is made in Low numbers as Ford does not want to kill the AT variant on Ecosport Just like they did on the new Fiesta, There is a considerable demand for the AT v/s. Manufacturing hence the long delay in getting one, I got mine 1.3 Years back, Mileage in Bangalore Bumper to Bumper with a light foot Averages from 11-12 KMPL which is not bad considering Bangalore roads, And I have got a Max of 17.5 KMPL on Highways on speeds of 60-90 KMPH, POLO AT is in a totally different league, Features it scrapes most speed breakers when fully loaded, Has a not so reliable Auto transmission, But one things for sure its a rocket which Ecosport AT is not.........
KarNut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 15:22   #8277
Senior - BHPian

First year renewal of my diesel ambient model is coming up by december end and i got a call from the ford service center. They told that premium is 15k; if renewed before this month end, a discount of 2k is provided. This is Royal Sundaram in tie up with Rajshree Ford.

The premium seems VFM. Any opinion about how/why they are giving this discount?
Old 21st November 2014, 20:26   #8278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
First year renewal of my diesel ambient model is coming up by december end and i got a call from the ford service center.
The premium seems VFM. Any opinion about how/why they are giving this discount?
Usually the dealers will call early to give a sweet deal so that you decide quickly and go with them. They generally fear you may shop elsewhere for better options (especially with all the new online tools you have to compare policies and pick the best). The discount varies across different service providers, so I would advice you to look around and take the best pick.

The premium amount is important, but so is the coverage they provide and the value they insure your car for (usually called the IDV - there is a general depreciation they would calculate on the ex-showroom price of your new car.) So if your premium is sounding very low and VFM, pls check for what IDV amount they are renewing. Also, if you have not claimed in the previous year, you get a no-claim bonus as well and hence a nicer discount on the final premium. Helps to bargain hard as you would be surprised at how much less you eventually pay out. Happy Bargaining
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:37   #8279
BHPian

Maybe a little off topic, but for information of members concerned, Ford EcoSport three models i.e. 1.5 Diesel-Titanium,1.5 Diesel-Trend and 1.5 Petrol-Tend are now available through Canteen stores Department . Ecoboost has been given a slip. Dealers in Dehradun, Chandigarh and Raipur have confirmed to me receipt of letter (issued in first week of November) and are accepting bookings from eligible persons.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:59   #8280
BHPian

Hey everyone,
Got my 3rd service done a few days back.
Cost me around 9,200. 7.3k for service and 1.9k for mirror pad for Left side ORVM.
The parts pricing is still not very clear at ford. It was 3k for full assembly a few months back and now it has jumped to 5k all of a sudden and the mirror pad was not available a few months back and now it has been introduced at 2k. Something smells fishy for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks