Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 12:16   #9436
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

No more Titanium trim for the 1.0L Ecoboost MT variant in the facelift? The leaked brochure shows the 1.0L Ecoboost MT variant available in Trend+ and Titanium+ trims only

C'mon Ford, another feature removal? The old 1.0L Ecoboost MT Titanium had R16 Alloy Wheels, Emergency Assist, Speed Alarm, ISOFIX, Rear Parking Sensors, CD Player, 3.5" MFD, Sync, Cooled Glove Box, Driver Window - One Touch Up/Down, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Knob, Driver Seat Armrest, Driver Seat Lumbar Support, Sunglasses Holder and 12V Rear Power Point

In all fairness to the buyers, this (Trend+) variant should not be priced above 7.5L!

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 7th October 2015 at 12:31.
Old 8th October 2015, 09:03   #9437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
In all fairness to the buyers, this (Trend+) variant should not be priced above 7.5L!
"Fairness to buyers"? That is an oxymoron in a sellers' market. Yes, in spite of the supposed proliferation of models, its still a sellers' market in India. And with the price points that Creta and S Cross has set, Ford has a lot of headroom with EcoSport. They have historically been happy with mediocre sales numbers as a company, so trying to skim some profits seems to be a logical strategy.

I expect prices to be higher.
Old 8th October 2015, 13:49   #9438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today, my Ford Dashboard shows a SYNC™ Software Update available with the following changes:
Did anyone else get this? Does this update include the new AppLink feature?
Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I checked my owner's dashboard, but that states my Sync is up to date. Sigh.

Quote:
Update name: AM5T-14D544-LFA
Successfully Reported 21:51 2013-09-12
My EcoSport is Aug 2013 manufactured, when was yours?

PS: I'm putting my reply in the official review thread as this discussion is not pertinent to the facelift.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:32   #9439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I checked my owner's dashboard, but that states my Sync is up to date. Sigh.

My EcoSport is Aug 2013 manufactured, when was yours?
Mine's Jan 2015. The new version is EV6T-14D544-AK involving a whopping 566MB download
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-0.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 21:48   #9440
BHPian

Quote:
Mine's Jan 2015. The new version is EV6T-14D544-AK involving a whopping 566MB download
Yeah, I don't know where that 566 MB went because I cant find any difference after the update. The update was supposed to solve issues with identification of indian accents, but there is no improvement on that front.
amit.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:22   #9441
BHPian

If I was the Head of Ford's "After Sales, Service and Parts", I would have made available the new engine tune and other bits of the facelift to existing customers for a fee. Considering the volumes, they could gave raked up a good amount.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:48   #9442
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
If I was the Head of Ford's "After Sales, Service and Parts", I would have made available the new engine tune and other bits of the facelift to existing customers for a fee. Considering the volumes, they could gave raked up a good amount.
If they do that, they will get abused for not offering it free. It's a no win situation.
kumar2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 17:26   #9443
BHPian

Hey guys i am not able to download sync software update. My vehicle has the same version that came with it during purchase in 2013.
I once tried to download but the download failed and now its showing that there isnt any update available. Last update that i tried to download was AM5T-14D544-LFA which is still showing on my dashboard as download not successful.
Any solution to this ?

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2015, 17:55   #9444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Hey guys i am not able to download sync software update. My vehicle has the same version that came with it during purchase in 2013. I once tried to download but the download failed and now its showing that there isnt any update available. Last update that i tried to download was AM5T-14D544-LFA which is still showing on my dashboard as download not successful.
I was able to download and install the following update on my Aug 2013 EcoSport, this was done in Sep 2013:
Quote:
Update name: AM5T-14D544-LFA
Successfully Reported 21:51 2013-09-12
Have you asked Ford A.S.S. about updating the Sync software? What error are you receiving? Are you unplugging the USB drive too early? Best to leave it in for ~20 minutes.

Last edited by arunphilip : 10th October 2015 at 17:57.
Old 10th October 2015, 18:29   #9445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I was able to download and install the following update on my Aug 2013 EcoSport, this was done in Sep 2013:

Have you asked Ford A.S.S. about updating the Sync software? What error are you receiving? Are you unplugging the USB drive too early? Best to leave it in for ~20 minutes.
After struggling for a bit i got passed the first window and received a software update. Attaching image below for reference.
Also got an error at the download dialog box.
This is the same error that i came across in 2013 and wasn't able to download it.

Yes i have gone to A.S.S and shockingly they do not even have a clue that the software can be upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync.jpg  

sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 18:55   #9446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
After struggling for a bit i got passed the first window and received a software update. Also got an error at the download dialog box.
I think I too had faced problems with Internet Explorer, and ended up using Firefox - could you give that a shot?
Old 11th October 2015, 12:37   #9447
BHPian

The prefacelift and facelift version has the following difference i.e.

Power
91@3750rpm
100@3750rpm

Torque
204@2000-2750 rpm
205@1750-3250 rpm

Would appreciate if anyone can throw some light on the following i.e.
a)Drivability in general
b)Impact on City and Highway driving
c)Any other impact
Old 11th October 2015, 13:07   #9448
BHPian

I am planning to get a rear view parking camera for my Ecoboost Titanium. Should I go for the one that the Ford dealer is giving me? Costs 12K. Should I get an after market one? If so please suggest the brand/model. I am hesitant to go for an after market one because I don't want to have any warranty issues with Ford later on.
Old 12th October 2015, 10:00   #9449
BHPian

Finally was able to TD a AT version.
Kudos to Riddhi Ford, Delhi for arranging the vehicle at my home- about 15-20Kms from their Dealership.

The vehicle was brand new with temp Registration and had already done 2100+ Kms , could it be a allocated vehicle ?! The Sales guy said it was a proper TD vehicle.

Took it over a 10Km route that had free flyover loops, and through thick traffic as well.
The car controls well, sits tight and planted and the clover leaf loops were too much fun. Driving in neck to neck traffic was fun too, shift to D, car moves forward w/o much input. Stop, shift to N , cycle repeats. but the ;lag/delay is certainly there.

The only fly in the ointment is the gruff nature of the 1.5L NA Petrol and the confused gearbox in the lower gears.( same happened in Aspire too)
I was surprised to find that in the S mode , it will take the engine to Redline/4K rpm !

My only doubts remain on the reliability of the DCT- handfuls of these would have sold and already two nasty threads, here and on FB. On the other hand, you have reliable ATs from the Japs & the Koreans. Hmmmm
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 12:04   #9450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I am planning to get a rear view parking camera for my Ecoboost Titanium. Should I go for the one that the Ford dealer is giving me? Costs 12K. Should I get an after market one? If so please suggest the brand/model. I am hesitant to go for an after market one because I don't want to have any warranty issues with Ford later on.
If cost permits, go in for the Ford Aspire IRVM with built-in revesing camera & GPS navigation:

hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks