Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 13:21   #10261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Thanks! Any reason you went in for a higher amp battery?
Higher ampere translates to everything working for a longer time even when the engine is switched off.

I always felt that the 43Ah was never sufficient for my needs (charging phones, battery banks and I use a "Waeco"refrigerator too)
The new battery serves my purpose very well.

When you have to buy anything new why not buy the better one?
"Have it and not use it rather than need it and not have it"

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th June 2016 at 13:26.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 13:52   #10262
Team-BHP Support

I picked up the 1.5 Petrol Titanium AT a couple of weeks back; clocked ~550kms so far.

I've been generally happy with the car; pleased with some features, wish for a couple more (electrically folding OVRMs among others).

In the first week or so, I noticed that the fan kept running even after the engine was shut down and car locked. Eventually, I let the engine idle or ~10-20 sec after coming to a halt and found that the fan shuts down once the engine is shut down. Wasn't aware petrols behave this way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
2) In the day/night mode IRVM, rear camera display cannot be integrated with the 2016 models Titanium+ models. Looks like we will loose the day night mode and need to just settle for regular IRVM with rear camera view integrated. Is this correct?
I got a rear view camera fitted from the dealer at the time of delivery; now I have a new electrochromic mirror with integrated display. The bad part is, the day/night function doesn't work. I called my SA to check and he wasn't aware what the feature is but said they'll look into it. I hope it is just some connection they've missed and not that this feature can't be provided!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 19:15   #10263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The bad part is, the day/night function doesn't work. I called my SA to check and he wasn't aware what the feature is but said they'll look into it. I hope it is just some connection they've missed and not that this feature can't be provided!
Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you countless happy miles. In ford's official IRVM with display for reverse camera this feature is non existent. I was shocked after I found about this after installation. However, to reduce the glare I have installed a roll-bar shade in the rear window. This helps a lot. You can also go for a specialized film in the rear window although that might not be a legal option.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 23:49   #10264
BHPian

I got the VIN for my booking - Titanium+ Ecoboost, it says July 2016, so it is still at the plant only. As per dealer i will get the delivery by 10th July. Fingers crossed.��

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2016 at 15:58. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid short-forms, and do use proper capitalization. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2016, 01:02   #10265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
In ford's official IRVM with display for reverse camera this feature is non existent. I was shocked after I found about this after installation.
I think back in 2013 when ES was launched, Ford provided an official accessory with reverse camera integrated IRVM which also has day / night mode. I read the same in Ecosport rules's ownership thread as well.

However, when checked with the dealer about this, reverse camera display cannot be integrated with the automatic day/night mode IRVM (this feature only comes with Titanium+ diesel and probably Titanium AT version as well).
Old 1st July 2016, 08:59   #10266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I think back in 2013 when ES was launched, Ford provided an official accessory with reverse camera integrated IRVM which also has day / night mode. I read the same in Ecosport rules's ownership thread as well.

However, when checked with the dealer about this, reverse camera display cannot be integrated with the automatic day/night mode IRVM (this feature only comes with Titanium+ diesel and probably Titanium AT version as well).
It doesn't come with Titanium AT; I had a lengthy discussion with the dealership accessories guy yesterday. He mentioned that he had had enough arguments with Ford about it: Ford has authorized a Nippon reverse camera that has an integrated display on what seems like an eletrochromic mirror. However this mirror doesn't have auto or manual dimming feature. Apparently, Ford or Nippon aren't doing anything about it.

Any idea if we can get this done outside? A bunch of BHPians have retrofitted the electrochromic mirror.
Old 1st July 2016, 11:53   #10267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It doesn't come with Titanium AT
What I meant is that the automatic dimming feature comes only with titanium+ diesel and titanium AT. In these versions, we can't have the reverse display integrated as per ford dealerships in hyderabad.

Ecosport rules, you confirmed on your ownership thread that irvm has auto day/night feature though retrofitted with reverse display. Please clarify on this.
Old 1st July 2016, 17:02   #10268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Congratulations Saleem and wish you many happy miles!

The trend+ is very well kitted and is a welcome addition to the variants.

Regarding your experience with the dealership, what issues did you face?

I did a TD last Saturday with Satyam Ford (Thane) at their showroom & there have been no follow ups since.

Wonder why the sales department are so lethargic when they have the cars ready in their yard!
Thank you Anurag. Frankly speaking no major issues with the dealership, just the usual ones regarding follow-ups and pro activeness in doing so. I guess it's the case with most manufacturers except for Maruti and to an extent Hyundai. They will not follow-up for at least 3-4 weeks or maybe not at all. It depends on the dealership.
Old 2nd July 2016, 01:08   #10269
BHPian

Every time the compressor kicks in at a traffic signal , I've noticed the headlights and interior lights sort of flicker/fade out for a second and go back to being normal. Is this a sign of battery issue?
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:47   #10270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you countless happy miles. In ford's official IRVM with display for reverse camera this feature is non existent. I was shocked after I found about this after installation. However, to reduce the glare I have installed a roll-bar shade in the rear window. This helps a lot. You can also go for a specialized film in the rear window although that might not be a legal option.
Hi.
Can you tell me where you got the roll bar shade from? And the brand if possible.
Have seen a few options online. But not sure which one to go for.
Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2016, 15:35   #10271
BHPian

Hi All ;
Today did the tankful method of fuel top up and it returned 18km/l I am absolutely loving the FE and the ride and handling , the 90/100W bulbs with Philips relay are also serving good , especially in rural ares where you have unruly drivers the moment you give a headlight flash they stick to their lanes.
I have been cleaning the bronze hippo with the new Bosch AQT 33-11 1300W which since is self priming it can be used along with a bucket , car was completely messed up with the dirt could easily clean the car in an hour with only 2 buckets hoping to use it once in a week

Regards Kiron
Old 3rd July 2016, 19:03   #10272
BHPian

Guys, thinking of upgrading the headlights to 130w bulbs. I've already got the relay along with ceramic holders but I'm worried that the heat from the bulbs may melt the lens. Anyone who has some experience here?
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:14   #10273
BHPian

@Doge - it will cause too much heat and fade your lens quickly, though brightness will be better. But 130/100 is not road legal and used for off road purpose only. I would suggest to go for a bi xenon set up rather than smoking your glasses, if looking for better night visibility.
aneeshanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 16:53   #10274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
Hi.
Can you tell me where you got the roll bar shade from? And the brand if possible.
Have seen a few options online. But not sure which one to go for.
Thanks.
I got it installed from a local accessory shop and its some Chinese brand. I don't have the original packaging so could not verify the brand. Also, do remember, this will require either a drill hole on metal of boot door or a desi jugaad like I did. I used a paper clip to form a hook and used it to attach on the rear windows rubber beading. The frame is attached to the boot door's plastic using a screw.

On a side note, my MID shows an average mileage less than the actual mileage. When I checked my Mileage using tankful method, I got the number at 17. While, the MID was showing 14. And Yes, I did reset the mileage counter after getting the first tankful done.

Also, What's the deal with Headlight upgrade ? I have already installed extreme vision bulbs and would like to upgrade further but Vitamin M and warranty issues are of high concern for me. Any suggestions ?
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 18:36   #10275

Hi Guys,

I am in deep distress as my 2 year old (26k km) Ecosport tdci titanium (o) is showing water leakage into the passenger floor from under the glove box the second consecutive year.

All this started during the Mumbai monsoons last year. I was regularly getting my car serviced at one of the authorized service centers in the suburbs. Accident free & Modification free. I was driving as usual as the monsoons started in 2015 doing very light water wading on Mumbai roads and through the occasional normal but constant rains. Then one day as I was driving back from work, it was one of those days when Mumbai saw a downpour on a slightly heavy mode. Heavy rain was banging down on the windshield while I was on the sealink towards Bandra and the wipers on full mode was also of not any help for a few minutes. Once the rain settled down, to my shock I found water leaking into the passenger floor from under the glove box. I was so depressed seeing this.

First thing that came to my mind was maybe it should be something related to condensed water from something related to maybe the AC or heater coil getting heated under the glove box. But as I lifted the floor mat, the amount of water that had seeped in was too much to relate to any condensation water issue. It was just rain water. As much as you could cover your feet if you were to place them on the floor. Next morning took it to my office, took the help of my office boy, got a powerful vaccum cleaner that could suck in water and got them 90% dried. Took it to my usual service centre, The SA as smart as he wants to act, started blabbering on "sir, ac ka issue hai, coil kharab hua hai, aapke windshield ke saamne bohut kachra hai". I said whatever but didn't buy into his "AC theory" and he promised to deliver the car the next day after thorough cleaning and drying. Next day being a Sunday, my SA is on leave. I am handed over the car by another SA with a bill of around 4k. I check the items on it and am shocked to see - AC gas refilling charges or something of around 3k. I check with the new SA and he tries to call my SA on his mobile. My SA would have been sleeping on his off day that he didn't pick up his phone. The new SA asks me "Sir problem kya tha?" I said water leakage issue and there was nothing wrong with the AC. He says "Acha theek hai" and without even blinking he goes to his computer, prepares an new bill with just 300 Rs on it for cleaning charges and tears of the old bill. I am out with the gate pass.

Now there is this regular mechanic boy who is standing there to hand over my car. I had interacted with him multiple times earlier while I had been to the service centre. I asked him what was exactly done. He said "Sir kuch nehi, poora clean kar diya aur ye do rubber bush kaat diya" So as per him the solution from ford to stop blockage of flow of water was to cut these to rubber bush located on extreme inner corners under the hood. (Pic attached). Decided will never go back to this service center again for all the talks the SA had given me the previous day. Was fed up of his hard-selling since the previous interactions.

A year goes on.. 2016.. One Service at the next Service center in the suburbs and I am pretty much ok with the new SA and the work done. He said, "Sir the rear brake LED lamps are not working. We could change it under warranty but we don't have it in stock now, will do it if you can get the car in next week." I said thanks and left.

Mumbai monsoons are back. No issues during the initial days. Normal regular rain taken well. Now 3 days back there was this heavy downpour once gain while I was on my way to office in the morning. And there again , I see the passenger floor filled with water. I keep my hand under the glove box and its all wet again. I was now parking the car in my office and i noticed now the reverse sensors are not working. As I engage the reverse gear, there's an image with the car and 2 exclamation marks on the front and the back indicating that the sensors are not working. My heart sank. Dont know whether its anything to do with under the glovebox getting wet as the fuse box and other electricals run through that area. I switch off and gets back to office. I called my new SA and there he goes "Sir we have stopped our association with Ford." (The reverse sensor starts working once again on its own in the evening when went to pick my car back for the drive home!!)

Now my hunt for the next Service center. I call up the next dealership and they are not taking any appointments for water leakage issues for one week as they have a huge backlog of cars already in with water leakage issues. Nevertheless was very nice of the guy whom I spoke to on the phone to suggest a very new dealership opened up in the suburbs again. Took my car over there and explained the whole story to my latest SA. In the mean time while I was waiting for the SA to turn up I happened to notice another Silver ecosport with the same water logging on the front passenger floor parked there.

My latest SA has a good look around, opens the bonnet and checks the foam padding under the hood just under the wipers and there's water running through it. The whole foam padding had sunk down due the weight of the water. My SA tried pulling it down and the pad tore as it was already wet. Now he nods his head as if he has got the problem and says "Sir sab kuch nikalna padega dry karke wapas lagana padega. 15k approximately hoga. (including all 3 wiper blades I had asked him to change)" I tell him that the car is under warranty and its accident/modification free and this has to be sorted out under warranty. My SA says he will raise the issue with Ford and check if it can be claimed under warranty. He also asks me to do the same from my side to get in touch with ford.

In the mean time he would anyways start the work of drying up the carpet, and the pending recall service that I had to get done.
I get back home, gets in touch with Ford over the toll free number and explained the issue. They said they will look into the matter and get back to me in 24 hrs. So today I check with my SA and he says that Ford has approved to sort out the issue under warranty. But my car will take another 3 days as they have to remove the carpet for drying and also open the dash which involves wiring. (I am not liking this, never like tinkering with anything on my car unnecessarily. I like it keeping as stock as possible) I hope I will not face any other issues or rattles now that all these wirings are involved all to sort out water leakage !! keeping my fingers crossed !!

Attaching a few images.. Will keep this updated as soon as I get my car back. Hope no one else goes through this on their car !! Any insights into similar issue will be of great help!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-leak-1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-leak-2.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th July 2016 at 09:18. Reason: Formatting + Extra smiley deleted. Only 2 smileys permitted per post.
ravishankar999 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed