Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 17:45   #10306

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I think I too had faced problems with Internet Explorer, and ended up using Firefox - could you give that a shot?
Internet Explorer worked for me but Chrome did not.

I updated Sync to the latest version available i.e v5.9 but am saddled with a strange problem. The AUX input has topped functioning. Everything else works like a charm except for the AUX. When i press the AUX button, it looks for a USB drive but does not display the Line-In option for selection.

Has anyone else updated and faced a similar problem.
Old 11th July 2016, 18:57   #10307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey guys, how do you find the headlights on the EcoSport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
In simple plain words - the headlights suck.
1. Aftermarket Projector Setup
2. Bulb Upgrade
3. Relay with ceramic holders and 100/90 bulbs
4. Hella driving lights
I concur with both of you - the EcoSport's headlights are rubbish. Fortunately, I don't do highway driving at night, so I can manage, but its definitely not confidence inspiring, and there's a real risk of overdriving (i.e. stopping distance exceeds visible distance).

I was nervous about warranty concerns, so did not look at the 90/100W bulbs with a relay. Instead, I went for the standard 55/60W Night Breaker Unlimited. As Desmosedici states, it is an improvement, but not a significant one.

However, in the 3 years since the EcoSport has come out, I've heard of various people going in for a relay setup with ceramic holders (on TBHP and elsewhere), and none of them have faced electrical issues.

So, if I were in your position today, I would consider higher wattage bulbs. Bear in mind they are technically illegal.

The other advantages of higher wattage bulbs are:
  1. They're the cheapest option (typically around 1k), while the other options are costlier (e.g. Night Breaker bulbs are 1.5k to 2k, projectors are many thousands, etc.).
  2. They're a very common setup in India, hence fitting/troubleshooting is possible in even regular garages.
There's a risk of the reflector blackening over time, but again, I've not heard of anyone having these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
I updated Sync to the latest version available i.e v5.9 but am saddled with a strange problem. The AUX input has topped functioning. Everything else works like a charm except for the AUX. When i press the AUX button, it looks for a USB drive but does not display the Line-In option for selection.
I've not had any problem, but then again, there have been no Sync updates for my August 2013 EcoSport since Sep 2013 (the last update is named "AM5T-14D544-LFA"). Maybe yours is a newer EcoSport hence has received a more recent update?

Pardon my asking you a stupid question, but have you tried pressing the AUX button more than once? I was under the impression that multiple presses of the AUX button cycles through various auxiliary inputs, namely USB and line-in.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:08   #10308

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Pardon my asking you a stupid question, but have you tried pressing the AUX button more than once? I was under the impression that multiple presses of the AUX button cycles through various auxiliary inputs, namely USB and line-in.
Not a stupid question at all. I tried pressing the AUX button multiple times but no cigar.
Had written to Ford and have received the usual canned response that they have taken the matter up with the dealer. I bet they did not even try to read what i had written.
angryangel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 22:20   #10309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey guys, how do you find the headlights on the EcoSport?

I was on a highway drive at night this past weekend and I am shocked at how poor the headlights are. I absolutely cannot see the road in the sense that there is no patch of road that I see "lit" by my car. I tried leveling the headlight but I guess the beam isn't strong enough.

The only time I "see" a faint headlight throw is when there is a barricade nearby while taking a turn or on the vehicle in front.

Any observations/suggestions/solutions?
Mini projectors would be a good solution - cost effective with considerably better beams. The downside is the lack of warranty for these (being mostly Chinese makes).
Old 11th July 2016, 23:25   #10310
BHPian

Hey everybody, we purchased a Titanium O a few months ago and while everybody loves to drive the car, my parents absolutely detest the back seat. They complain that it passes every jolt in and leaves them feeling rather thrown around. I'm quite surprised by this and would really appreciate your help and suggestions.

I understand that the Ecosport has a stiff suspension set up but it can't be this bad, can it? They've done the same route for years in the Cedia and the Punto, (both of which have stiff setups too) and found both cars to be exceedingly comfortable.

I did try experimenting with air pressure but it made only the minutest of difference.

Please help!
Old 12th July 2016, 00:18   #10311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
my parents absolutely detest the back seat. They complain that it passes every jolt in and leaves them feeling rather thrown around. I'm quite surprised by this..
Please help!
Surprised over here too, took a shortish TD of an Ecosport a while ago,with the mother,the wife and the child, in the rear.The mater has a sensitive back and despite roughshod-ing it over a bad section of road,didn't have the mater complaining. For reference here, we won't sit her in the back of our Fortuner because it can get a little choppy.
thorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 02:51   #10312
BHPian

Quote:
while everybody loves to drive the car, my parents absolutely detest the back seat. They complain that it passes every jolt in and leaves them feeling rather thrown around. I'm quite surprised by this and would really appreciate your help and suggestions.

I understand that the Ecosport has a stiff suspension set up but it can't be this bad, can it?

I did try experimenting with air pressure but it made only the minutest of difference.

Please help!
+1, even I felt exactly the same while sitting at the back seat of a test drive car driven on a bad patch of road.

After reading all the positive reviews here on TBHP, felt probably it was due to incorrect air pressure in the Tyre's, but your results now concern me.

I've booked Titanium+ TDCI last week (surprisingly has a 3-4 week wait period )
Old 12th July 2016, 06:59   #10313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey everybody, we purchased a Titanium O a few months ago and while everybody loves to drive the car, my parents absolutely detest the back seat. They complain that it passes every jolt in and leaves them feeling rather thrown around. I'm quite surprised by this and would really appreciate your help and suggestions.

I understand that the Ecosport has a stiff suspension set up but it can't be this bad, can it? They've done the same route for years in the Cedia and the Punto, (both of which have stiff setups too) and found both cars to be exceedingly comfortable.

Please help!
The Ecosport does have a stiff suspension and one has to live with it.
A few days down the line, after my purchase, I got the hang of how to minimise the discomfort - you will have to drive it carefully over speadbreakers (esp the large ones) and potholed roads - no other go.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 08:28   #10314
BHPian

Quote:
Internet Explorer worked for me but Chrome did not.

Has anyone else updated and faced a similar problem.
I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge and Vivaldi to download the latest Sync update (5.9). All of these pop up a blank web page when I try to download. I say Yes to whatever ActiveX, Java applet etc the web page wants to install, but no luck.The farthest I have been able to go is with IE 11, where I get the following error
Name:  sync.png
Views: 1983
Size:  25.4 KB

Trying to connect to Ford customer care makes you realize how user friendly the IVRS system of banks are. The chat support just says Good Morning and then vanishes. A mail I sent around mid June is yet to elicit a response. Is there an alternate way I can download and apply the update?

Last edited by amit.s : 12th July 2016 at 08:42. Reason: Additional Info.
Old 12th July 2016, 08:43   #10315

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Is there an alternate way I can download and apply the update?
I haven't seen a mirror site to try an alternate download. I can zip the file that I downloaded (its a 600 MB file) but I am not sure whether it will work. But we can surely try.

The other thing, sanity has returned and my AUX problem has vanished. This morning when i started her up, i plugged in my phone via AUX to check again and Voila, it worked Everything works now. I guess all it needed was a well deserved break.
angryangel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:34   #10316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please help!
The rear setup is stiff. I have sat on the rear seat of my friends Ecosport and can say that the front is way better. The rear doesn't throw you around but definitely makes you feel the thuds. At slower speeds you wont feel it that much and reducing the tyre pressure will only give you some respite, very marginal decrease. You will have to live with it.
Old 12th July 2016, 10:40   #10317
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't seen a mirror site to try an alternate download. I can zip the file that I downloaded (its a 600 MB file) but I am not sure whether it will work. But we can surely try.

The other thing, sanity has returned and my AUX problem has vanished. This morning when i started her up, i plugged in my phone via AUX to check again and Voila, it worked Everything works now. I guess all it needed was a well deserved break.
Thanks. Maybe you can upload the zip to Google Drive / One Drive/ Dropbox etc and share the link with me over PM. I will try to install from the zip file.
Old 12th July 2016, 10:52   #10318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
The rear setup is stiff. I have sat on the rear seat of my friends Ecosport and can say that the front is way better. The rear doesn't throw you around but definitely makes you feel the thuds. At slower speeds you wont feel it that much and reducing the tyre pressure will only give you some respite, very marginal decrease. You will have to live with it.
After TD, my mother had said NO to Ecosports because of the stiffness at the back. I still went ahead with the purchase, assuring her I will do some modifications/adjustments to make it better. She was OK with my assurance. However now she has adjusted to it and I have adjusted my driving style a little bit. Now she doesn't complain about it that much. Its not a deal breaker anymore.
Old 12th July 2016, 11:38   #10319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
After TD, my mother had said NO to Ecosports because of the stiffness at the back. I still went ahead with the purchase, assuring her I will do some modifications/adjustments to make it better. She was OK with my assurance. However now she has adjusted to it and I have adjusted my driving style a little bit. Now she doesn't complain about it that much. Its not a deal breaker anymore.
Thats the way to go. If your roads are bad or crater like, as you find in India, you adjust your driving style. Not the suspension! That to compromising driving dynamics and stability in the process which is the logical outcome!

There is no such thing as "stiff suspension" in a production car as such. They are all made for comfort. But yes,there are wallowy suspensions where springs and dampers are deliberately softened to stupid levels in order to sell more to 'family' people.

The suspensions which we call "stiff" in India, like the ones in Honda, Ford, etc are actually perfectly balanced stuff for performance as well as comfort. The reaction should be to drive accordingly. Not soften up your suspension.

Thats the way I see it at least. But to each his own.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 11:57   #10320
BHPian

I am seeing a somewhat weird behaviour in the FM reception.

The fidelity of sound for the radio keeps varying frequently. It happens with all cars when being driven in basement or similar areas. With Ecosport I am noticing this on open roads where my other car has no issues. The sound quality keeps going from extremely good to really low-fi with loss of clarity and treble.

Any suggestions as to what is happening here. Any suggested remedies?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks