Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 12:06   #10336
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I just spoke with my SA; when I complained about headlights, he just laughed. Apparently, it is a complaint they get very often.

This is what he offered: a project HID kit with 55/60w rating for 12500/pair. This will be whitish light; not entirely white.

I doubt his technical aptitude but he mentioned that this is an HID kit and that they've done this fitting for a few customers.

Is it worth it?

Also, he mentioned that they don't stock the Osram NB so if I go that route, I'll do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It should take you no longer than 30s to change the headlight bulb yourself.

The foglamp bulbs is 10mins for right side and 20mins for left side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I bought the Osram NB bulbs online, and got it fitted at FASS during a regular service. That was when FASS said they also keep stock of these bulbs (they don't keep higher wattage bulbs for obvious reasons). Then again, fitting these bulbs in the headlight is quite straightforward, so you can DIY.
This?

http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P64193-Ni...+night+breaker
Old 13th July 2016, 12:12   #10337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I just spoke with my SA; when I complained about headlights, he just laughed. Apparently, it is a complaint they get very often.

This is what he offered: a project HID kit with 55/60w rating for 12500/pair. This will be whitish light; not entirely white.

I doubt his technical aptitude but he mentioned that this is an HID kit and that they've done this fitting for a few customers.

Is it worth it?

Also, he mentioned that they don't stock the Osram NB so if I go that route, I'll do it myself.

This?

Same question again - will that not void warranty ? how old is your EcoSport ?

White or whitish light are terrific if you do not have a projector. I have always stayed away from white light, yet i had to install to Leds flood lights this time because I couldnt find any yellow led .

Why not install a 90/100 or 100/110 with a proper relay ? I have used that before in my Chevrolet beat. It will be cheaper and brighter. Only if the reflector can take it.

Last edited by Uprasenjit : 13th July 2016 at 12:19.
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 12:50   #10338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Is it worth it?
You can't put HID without projectors. The reflectors are designed for halogen bulb. the HID bulb has a different light source pattern which will affect the focal length and result in light scatter. Pointless actually.

Quote:

Forget the Osram's. Get this:

https://paytm.com/shop/p/philips-123...ng%7C40254%7C8

The Osram's tend to blow out faster. I'm on my second pair already.

The Philips are equally good and I have a friend using them on his Ecosport AT.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 19:06   #10339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Philips are equally good and I have a friend using them on his Ecosport AT.
I use those. Improvement is negligible. Like all of you, I am frustrated with headlamps so much so I avoid night driving just for that reason.
Old 13th July 2016, 22:17   #10340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I use those. Improvement is negligible. Like all of you, I am frustrated with headlamps so much so I avoid night driving just for that reason.
Why don't you get aftermarket projectors and HIDs? This car is incomplete without this set up. Speaking of Ecosport, if they had a diesel AT, I would have been an owner of this car by now. 3 years on, it still is best looker among all mini-SUVs, even beating Brezza.
Old 14th July 2016, 00:33   #10341
BHPian

How about an LED bar like this on roof cross-bars or on a special bracket near front grill.
Also, how about using these lamps as Auxiliary light ?
Old 14th July 2016, 02:07   #10342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
After market projectors from eagle eye are good.
Direct socket to socket fitment ensures that the warranty is intact.
Old 14th July 2016, 09:51   #10343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
How about an LED bar like this on roof cross-bars or on a special bracket near front grill.
Also, how about using these lamps as Auxiliary light ?
Anything on the roof should be a big no. All the more blinding to incoming traffic.

The aux lights in the 2nd link is what i was also going thru yesterday. But i think these would again be whitish. Yellow / Yellowish are better for illumination. White would scatter a lot and would not help in rains in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
After market projectors from eagle eye are good.
Direct socket to socket fitment ensures that the warranty is intact.
You have these if i am not mistaken. How much did you pay for the entire setup.
Old 14th July 2016, 10:03   #10344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post

Why not install a 90/100 or 100/110 with a proper relay ? I have used that before in my Chevrolet beat. It will be cheaper and brighter. Only if the reflector can take it.
My ES is around 2.8 yrs old .I have got the 90/100 with a decent relay fixed .Its an huge relief especially on Highways.
shivkumar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 11:27   #10345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
The other thing, sanity has returned and my AUX problem has vanished. This morning when i started her up, i plugged in my phone via AUX to check again and Voila, it worked Everything works now. I guess all it needed was a well deserved break.
Anything noticeably different after the update? I've got ver. 5.8 (EV6T-14D544-AK) installed and don't really fancy the prospect of a 690MB download unless there's some significant changes included.
Old 14th July 2016, 12:45   #10346
BHPian

Anybody tried these?

http://www.amazon.in/Philips-X-treme.../dp/B01APD1XHA

Its around 12K. I am guessing these should be brighter than halogens since LEDs can emit more light for the same power consumed.
Old 14th July 2016, 12:55   #10347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Anybody tried these?

Its around 12K. I am guessing these should be brighter than halogens since LEDs can emit more light for the same power consumed.
Leds are expensive but definitely better than normal H4s in terms of Light and durability. If you check home leds you will see that a 6W led produces more light than a 14w cfl or normal bulb. So i guess this will produce hell lot of light than a normal H4.

If you install this can you please write a review. I havent seen anyone to install Led headlamps.
Old 14th July 2016, 13:04   #10348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
Leds are expensive but definitely better than normal H4s in terms of Light and durability. If you check home leds you will see that a 6W led produces more light than a 14w cfl or normal bulb. So i guess this will produce hell lot of light than a normal H4.

If you install this can you please write a review. I havent seen anyone to install Led headlamps.
I don't mind spending 12K if it gets rid of the headlight problem. But I need to be sure. Am not going to gamble with 12K.

I came across just one review online which was positive. It is not legal in the US, so is not available via amazon etc. Ebay has, but is even expensive than Indian prices. Not even listed at powerbulbs.
Old 14th July 2016, 13:52   #10349

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Anything noticeably different after the update? I've got ver. 5.8 (EV6T-14D544-AK) installed and don't really fancy the prospect of a 690MB download unless there's some significant changes included.
Not much apart from the initial menu screen which has changed and looks better. Everything else looks and works pretty much the same. I was running ver. 5.8 too and since i had enough Broadband quota remaining went ahead and gave it a shot.
Old 14th July 2016, 14:21   #10350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Anybody tried these?

I had checked these LED H4 bulbs and was tempted. But as I mentioned earlier, the problem isn't the bulbs themselves, it's the reflector design. Putting an expensive 12K bulb was not a risk I was willing to take.

Unless someone can try it out and confirm, I'm not too sure of getting these.

Most Viewed