Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 19:32   #10351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I don't mind spending 12K if it gets rid of the headlight problem. But I need to be sure. Am not going to gamble with 12K.

I came across just one review online which was positive. It is not legal in the US, so is not available via amazon etc. Ebay has, but is even expensive than Indian prices. Not even listed at powerbulbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I had checked these LED H4 bulbs and was tempted. But as I mentioned earlier, the problem isn't the bulbs themselves, it's the reflector design. Putting an expensive 12K bulb was not a risk I was willing to take.

Unless someone can try it out and confirm, I'm not too sure of getting these.
A couple of members have tried them out. Looks like they have mixed reviews.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3995569

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4004923
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 23:50   #10352
Senior - BHPian

I have upgraded with 90/100 Philips Rally bulbs with Minda Ceramic relay. Visibility and throw is much better now, its a big difference, i am no longer blinded with incoming traffic like before. Total cost Rs 1300.

For all those worried about Warranty, there is no wire cutting in this process, its plug and play, so you can always unplug this relay and change bulb and take it to service. Only thing is, maybe you have to keep extra pair of headlight rubber cap, as there is a need to make hole to put this relay.

If you don't want to spend 25k to 50k on Projector headlamp, this is the best upgrade i feel.
shamanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 09:11   #10353

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Has anyone tried the spare bulbs provided with Ecosport?
Are spare headlamp bulbs still being provided by Ford along with the new EcoSport? I heard that spare bulbs are not being provided along with a new car and I found that surprising.
Old 15th July 2016, 11:23   #10354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
Are spare headlamp bulbs still being provided by Ford along with the new EcoSport? I heard that spare bulbs are not being provided along with a new car and I found that surprising.
I have no clue if they have stopped providing one though I dont see a reason why Ford would do that.
In any case if they don't provide one, buy a Nightbreaker +/Xtreme vision and make the stock bulbs as spare.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 11:59   #10355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I have upgraded with 90/100 Philips Rally bulbs with Minda Ceramic relay. Visibility and throw is much better now, its a big difference, i am no longer blinded with incoming traffic like before. Total cost Rs 1300.
Risk is possibility of lens blackening, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
I didn't get a spare set of bulbs; I picked my EcoSport late last month.
Old 15th July 2016, 12:12   #10356

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I didn't get a spare set of bulbs; I picked my EcoSport late last month.
Strange isn't it. Does anyone know why this is so?
Old 15th July 2016, 13:06   #10357
BHPian

Guys - i will be taking the delivery of my Ecoboost this week. A concern, I saw in many forums about this car - is the water invading issue. Is it really happening for everyone - when it rains, the water is invading to the cabin through passenger side (I think mostly through the A pillar side) and this issue is not fixable? Please provide your comments and experiences.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:21   #10358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
A couple of members have tried them out. Looks like they have mixed reviews.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3995569

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4004923
I usually do not trust reviews that goes on to recommend some other brand. But I desperately want to believe this one. Because it introduces me to something significantly cheaper.

Cree does not sound like a proper brand name, but who cares. Of late the Chinese has been churning out quality stuff for significantly low prices. Who thought Xiaomi is a name worthy of a smartphone. Or Qy8 for headphones.

I think I am willing to spend 4.5K and a couple of months to make my headlights better. I hope it is worth it.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:52   #10359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I am using the same set-up with 90/100 bulb in my Honda City from past 6 years. I don't see any blackening or degrading of lens, nor i have read of such things happening in Team-BHP forum for 90/100 bulbs.

100/130 you might face issues.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 14:56   #10360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
Guys - i will be taking the delivery of my Ecoboost this week. A concern, I saw in many forums about this car - is the water invading issue. Is it really happening for everyone - when it rains, the water is invading to the cabin through passenger side (I think mostly through the A pillar side) and this issue is not fixable? Please provide your comments and experiences.
Nearing 3 years of ownership and have never experienced this issue. I park my car on the street both at home and at work, so it has been exposed to both rain and shine.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 16:08   #10361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I usually do not trust reviews that goes on to recommend some other brand. But I desperately want to believe this one. Because it introduces me to something significantly cheaper.

Cree does not sound like a proper brand name, but who cares. Of late the Chinese has been churning out quality stuff for significantly low prices. Who thought Xiaomi is a name worthy of a smartphone. Or Qy8 for headphones.

I think I am willing to spend 4.5K and a couple of months to make my headlights better. I hope it is worth it.
Cree is a well known brand when it comes to quality high power LEDs
Old 15th July 2016, 18:59   #10362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well - I did try out something different in April this year and it's worked well thus far. It involves a bit of risk taking and the costs can be lower than what I did it for if you can source them online. I will definitely vouch for considerably improved lighting from them.
The good thing is that it involves no cutting of wires or making holes in reflectors. Just 2 ballasts to be fixed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3949263
Old 15th July 2016, 19:30   #10363
BHPian

Well people here complain about bad headlights in Ecosport, and how necessary it is to upgrade the same. However it turns out that this headlight issue is common for many compact crossovers, not just Ecosport, according to a study by IIHS. See the video for more !

Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 02:44   #10364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody tried these?

http://www.amazon.in/Philips-X-treme.../dp/B01APD1XHA

Its around 12K. I am guessing these should be brighter than halogens since LEDs can emit more light for the same power consumed.
Quote:
I don't mind spending 12K if it gets rid of the headlight problem. But I need to be sure. Am not going to gamble with 12K.

I came across just one review online which was positive. It is not legal in the US, so is not available via amazon etc. Ebay has, but is even expensive than Indian prices. Not even listed at powerbulbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I had checked these LED H4 bulbs and was tempted. But as I mentioned earlier, the problem isn't the bulbs themselves, it's the reflector design. Putting an expensive 12K bulb was not a risk I was willing to take.

Unless someone can try it out and confirm, I'm not too sure of getting these.
The LED bulbs somehow do not suit the Ecosport's reflector.Both the high and low beam get drastically misaligned(we tried it on a friend's car and it was disappointing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

For all those worried about Warranty, there is no wire cutting in this process, its plug and play, so you can always unplug this relay and change bulb and take it to service. Only thing is, maybe you have to keep extra pair of headlight rubber cap, as there is a need to make hole to put this relay.

If you don't want to spend 25k to 50k on Projector headlamp, this is the best upgrade i feel.
Dude, your reflectors may get fried pretty soon, keep an eye.

If one is really concerned about stock light output and doesn't want to spend on projectors,the best way is to get auxiliary lights from Hella or any equivalent brand(pencil or flood light variety depending on your requirement)

I got Hella Rallye 3003 which work like a charm on the highways

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th July 2016 at 02:54.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 07:11   #10365
BHPian

Quote:
You cant be serious!!

Please google Cree at least.

They are an American company and one of the most cutting edge and innovative companies in the LED lighting space. They also hold a lot of patents and IP.
chncar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks