Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:12   #10441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This doesn't seem to be correct as per initial section of the details. It says below:
Year: 2010
Approx. mileage: 93,243 km

However, further sections mention as 2016 July built.

Same information from below site was available.
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Was able to see it as July 23rd 2016 built date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post

I guess i will loose auto dimming IRVM if i install the reverse camera, as it comes with Titanium plus, so a little bit confused there.
Above is correct and dealer will not fit the reverse camera display into the IRVM as its not Ford recommended into the Tit+ versions. I have similar issue and should be taking the delivery of ecopsort Tit+ TDCI by this weekend hopefully (have few personal constraints to take it on Thursday / Friday this week). This is my 5th week of waiting after the booking.

Regarding accessories - I'm taking most of the ones mentioned by you and a lot more. Overall its coming mostly to about 70 to 80 K. I was able to negotiate a 15% off on the overall price.

My recommendations -
1) Ford has only 4 preferred: Bajaj allianz, iffco tokyo, royal sundaram, New India (only Govt one - rest all are private). My dealer has a quote of 45K and moreover its not from Ford Preferred insurers (it was dealership preferred - Bharati Axa).

Get insurance from New India. Take the package policy with zero dip (read below).
http://www.newindia.co.in/Content.aspx?pageid=59

It should come about 25k (saving of 20k or so from dealer quoted price). They give about 60% discount for new cars.

Tip - go to an office in person and they generally don't entertain giving quotes without VIN number (to entertain serious buyers only and note that its a Govt company).

2) Take a pass on the essential kit and get them installed from outside (those are pretty basic and useless). You can get better products that last longer and have good quality.

Most of them say, what can you get into a Tit+ as accessories. Read ownership thread of fellow BHPian (ECOSPORT RULES). This is a gold mine for ecosport owners as you will find ton of accessories, here which you can think of.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...red-india.html

3) Handling charges - yes, it should be a big no. Get it out of the final quote.

4) White looks great with the latest black edition (looks are subjective though)

5) 3M under body coating, 3M paint protection - get these done outside at an official 3M center (not at dealership). They probably would only do a very basic job. Teflon coating at dealership is a joke (you will see it for yourself when they do it). Again, please refer to "Ecosport rules" ownership review for the details.

6) I'm getting a corporate offer of up to 4 years of extended warranty for free (due to me employer - I just had to provide my company ID card/badge).

7) Recommend FORD Total Maintainence Plan - check with SA and also on Ford India website.

Will let you know if I can think of anymore

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2016 at 07:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Old 4th August 2016, 00:31   #10442
BHPian

Re: Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Are you only looking for the Fun to Drive factor and is that what is prompting you to look for a change? Or is it a Fun to Drive + SUV kind of vehicle (based on the fact that you are have looked at the Duster too?) What are your other requirements driving the need for a change?

2 year and 20K run seems to be too soon to change a generally good car like the Grand i10. Hence the question.

To your specific question, quite surprising that no dealer has an Ecoboost TD vehicle. A few months back I had visited a dealership with a friend (here in Bangalore) and they had an Ecoboost for TD.

There are 2 other Turbo petrol's in this price range, The Fiat Linea T Jet and the Polo/Vento TSI. If Fun to Drive petrol is the key thing you are looking for, then worth looking at these options. If diesel, then the Ecosport Diesel is probably a good bet.

One key input is: Do not buy the car without a test drive.
Many thanks for your response. Yes, you really read between the lines. I am looking for a fun to drive + SUV kind of vehicle with high driving position , hence looked at the duster as well. The 85 PS diesel felt good, though I am not very sure how the Ecosport diesel performs against a 85 PS Duster. Any inputs?

To answer your question about my car - My existing car drives very smoothly and an absolute pleasure within the city. However I want to upgrade to a little bigger and more powerful car (SUV only, as at this stage I am not keen for a sedan) and I always wanted one. I would be replacing my existing car so one question- is it advisable to own only one Duster (In case I go for it) I mean considering the wheel arch and size how difficult/easy it will be to maneuver within the city on a daily basis?
Old 4th August 2016, 01:02   #10443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
Many thanks for your response. Yes, you really read between the lines. I am looking for a fun to drive + SUV kind of vehicle with high driving position , hence looked at the duster as well. The 85 PS diesel felt good, though I am not very sure how the Ecosport diesel performs against a 85 PS Duster. Any inputs?

To answer your question about my car - My existing car drives very smoothly and an absolute pleasure within the city. However I want to upgrade to a little bigger and more powerful car (SUV only, as at this stage I am not keen for a sedan) and I always wanted one. I would be replacing my existing car so one question- is it advisable to own only one Duster (In case I go for it) I mean considering the wheel arch and size how difficult/easy it will be to maneuver within the city on a daily basis?
The Duster is wider outside than inside, so you'll have to be extra careful. Same with the Ecosport, but it isn't as wide. If you're looking for a car like handling and easy maneuvering in the city, Ecosport scores over the Duster. The ecoboost engine has mild turbo lag and the diesel is better in the city. With the good handling and the power, it is definitely fun to drive, in both Ecoboost and TDCI variants.

That said, keep in mind that this is not an SUV. This is a sub 4m car with a high seat and good ground clearance and big tyres. If you're looking for the SUV feel that you get when you drive a scorpio or safari, the TUV comes closest.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 01:07   #10444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Yep, the 1.5 petrol is lethargic when combined with the weight of the EcoSport, and is nowhere as punchy as the older 1.6 petrol that came in the Fiesta/Classic. Your best choices are one of the turbocharged engines - either the EcoBoost or the diesel.

This is definitely odd - when the EcoSport launched, the EcoBoost and diesel were the cars available for TD, and it was the 1.5 petrol that was very absent for TDs. I'm surprised that across the greater Mumbai area there's isn't even one EcoBoost TD vehicle.

I've never faced any difficulties in the after sales service of my EcoBoost. While the EcoBoost is not the most popular engine, it is still found quite good acceptance in the market. So I don't envisage any problems here.

EcoBoost vs. diesel depends on your driving patterns. Both are very capable engines with their own advantages. Surprisingly enough, if you drive in the city much more, then it is the diesel that is the preferable engine.

Check this post and the ones before it for a similar debate of EcoBoost vs. diesel: Link to post
Many thanks for your input. From the link I could sense that in spite of owing ecoboost (which is claimed to be quite a revolutionary engine)you quite like the diesel engine too. Since most of my driving will be within the city with monthly/quarterly highway trips, should I dig deep on the diesel and leave the ecoboost as I am not even getting one for TD . Please advise.
Old 4th August 2016, 02:16   #10445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
Since most of my driving will be within the city with monthly/quarterly highway trips, should I dig deep on the diesel and leave the ecoboost as I am not even getting one for TD.
Do try a TD of the diesel EcoSport and see if its power, performance and refinement satisfy you. Its a great engine for the EcoSport.

At the same time, do try nagging the dealers for arranging an EcoBoost TD. Also use Facebook and Twitter to inform Ford India about this issue.

Ideally, I'd like you to test drive both the EcoBoost and diesel, so that you can pick the one that satisfies you the most.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:28   #10446
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I am sure may bhpians here have already thought about it. The new EcoSport comes with 100 bhp where as the old one is less. Does any body know what changes are done to the engine to get that 11 bhp ?

Is that only mapping and tuning ? Or some mechanical changes are there ? Has this been already discussed ?

At some point of time we (the first gen owners) would like to get that 11 bhp more out of the engine. Who doesnt love more power ?
Old 4th August 2016, 10:46   #10447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
The new EcoSport comes with 100 bhp where as the old one is less. Does any body know what changes are done to the engine to get that 11 bhp? Is that only mapping and tuning ? Or some mechanical changes are there ? Has this been already discussed?
On the Aspire thread, a person commented that on a visit to the Ford plant, he'd seen a list of changed components in the second-gen 1.5 TDCi engine - and they were primarily turbocharger related. This is also seen in how the torque range has increased in the second-gen engine - it comes in earlier and stays on peak torque longer.

There might be some mapping/tuning changes also done to complement these hardware changes, but the power isn't solely due to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
At some point of time we (the first gen owners) would like to get that 11 bhp more out of the engine. Who doesnt love more power ?
Trying to upgrade your first-gen 1.5 TDCi engine to the second gen runs the risk of warranty/EW problems as you're bolting in new mechanicals, and will also cost you probably more.

You'll get better bang-for-the-buck by adding a tuning box, or doing a remap.

Last edited by arunphilip : 4th August 2016 at 10:48.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 13:43   #10448

Guys, I'm here for advice.

I was driving in my Ford Ecosport (Petrol Trend) yesterday from Mangalore to Hassan via BC Road and Sakaleshpura. The return journey back from Hassan had a delayed start. True to my fears, I had a torrid experience driving through the ghats in complete darkness and heavy rain. There were many reasons for this bad experience. I'm trying to find resolutions for the same.

Firstly, the headlights are big time losers when it comes to driving in rain with hare-brained drivers from the opposite direction blinding you with their high-beams. The vision of the driver evaporates completely for a few extremely crucial nano-seconds.
Can better headlights solve this problem? If yes which ones, without damaging the warranty?

Secondly, even the high beam in stock headlights is not helpful in identifying un-marked speed breakers and camouflaged potholes. I stick my head in front above the steering wheel and gouge my eyes out when I sense there's a bump on the road. Can better headlights solve this problem?

Thirdly, when it rains, my windscreen goes nuts. Either the outside gets fogged or the inside. Opening the windows is ruled out when it's raining. Increasing the intensity of the air conditioning solves the problem sometimes but I'm not a polar bear to drive at 15 degrees centigrade temperature. Sometimes, the AC doesn't solve the problem. I just come to a complete halt, like a half-wit, because, I just can't see a thing. High -beams from the opposite side just makes me feel like I'm sitting in a foggy prison room with a bulb in my face. Is there something I can do with my windscreen? Is there a treatment to solve this problem?
Old 4th August 2016, 14:07   #10449
BHPian

I think you may have tried this, but still: Switch to Demist+Fresh air circulation+AC on. Should take care of the foggy windscreen..
Old 4th August 2016, 14:28   #10450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Guys, I'm here for advice.

I was driving in my Ford Ecosport (Petrol Trend) yesterday from Mangalore to Hassan via BC Road and Sakaleshpura. The return journey back from Hassan had a delayed start. True to my fears, I had a torrid experience driving through the ghats in complete darkness and heavy rain. There were many reasons for this bad experience. I'm trying to find resolutions for the same.

Firstly, the headlights are big time losers when it comes to driving in rain with hare-brained drivers from the opposite direction blinding you with their high-beams. The vision of the driver evaporates completely for a few extremely crucial nano-seconds.
Can better headlights solve this problem? If yes which ones, without damaging the warranty?

Secondly, even the high beam in stock headlights is not helpful in identifying un-marked speed breakers and camouflaged potholes. I stick my head in front above the steering wheel and gouge my eyes out when I sense there's a bump on the road. Can better headlights solve this problem?

Thirdly, when it rains, my windscreen goes nuts. Either the outside gets fogged or the inside. Opening the windows is ruled out when it's raining. Increasing the intensity of the air conditioning solves the problem sometimes but I'm not a polar bear to drive at 15 degrees centigrade temperature. Sometimes, the AC doesn't solve the problem. I just come to a complete halt, like a half-wit, because, I just can't see a thing. High -beams from the opposite side just makes me feel like I'm sitting in a foggy prison room with a bulb in my face. Is there something I can do with my windscreen? Is there a treatment to solve this problem?
None of the changes you make will resolve any of these issues permanently. Let me try and explain what i think:

Issue 1 - No headlights will solve your problem. But you can give back in kind by blinding the oncoming drivers is what you achieve by going for any aftermarket fitments (and making things more dangerous ). If you keep your eyes on the road, signal the oncoming driver to lower the beam (and pray he does so) and look away towards the edge of the road for a few moments while the oncoming car isn't directly flashing into your eyes should solve this problem. Avoid target fixation. Plus, you can spend on bulbs of slightly higher wattage that fit in the sockets (read EcosportRules thread for something like phillips night vision).

Issue 2 - Ecosport allows you to sit high up and get visibility way better than sedans. High beams are meant to further the throw of light at the expense of lighting up the road right in front of you. In the kind of weather you mentioned, while improving the throw of high beam might help a little, it will simply not help you spot potholes or speed bumps not marked out! I would use the high beam just to ensure am not veering off the road and get a better view as i dive into a corner. Beyond that, its best to drive on low beams for clear visibility of the road right in front. The trick is to adjust the speed of your car to the throw of your light and your ability to see things clearly. Faster you go, the more difficult it will be to spot things especially in the kind of weather you mentioned.

Issue 3 - Physics at work. I've not found a solution to this besides defogging using the climate control. Not sure if premium cars have any other solution built in.

Basically, for one off cases like this, you are better off regulating your speed and using what you got rather than spending money. I understand you were probably frustrated with the drive last night but in the hind sight, you will agree that you and your car did pretty well and the next time you will time your journey better.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 4th August 2016 at 14:31.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 14:33   #10451
BHPian

Quote:
Is there something I can do with my windscreen? Is there a treatment to solve this problem?
Try an anti fog spray. like this one.
I have used it and it really helped. The effect lasts for a few weeks (maybe 8 to 10 weeks).

I am planning to try an absorber product this year, like this one
The reason for switching to an absorber instead of the anti fog spray is because I have the (unconfirmed) suspicion that once the anti fog spray starts loosing it's effect, the coating starts to become hazy and reduces visibility. This is only my suspicion though.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, I also have an anti rain treatment on my front windscreen. This is the one I use : Proklear Nano Bond
The advantage is that when driving during rains, one sweep of the wiper will clear away all the water without leaving patches or smearing the water on the windscreen. This has lasted on my car's windscreen for one year now and it is still effective.

The manufacturer claims that using wipers is not necessary but I think that's an exaggeration. However, the wipers do become far more effective with this applied.

I used both the anti fog and anti rain spray last year after driving became a scary ordeal during rains in Bangalore at night (fogged up windows/windscreen and no frontal visibility even with wipers on).

There is another product from the same manufacturer that claims to reduce glare from oncoming vehicles, but after going through the reviews, i got the impression that it has a low margin of error for application. If not done perfectly, it might end up creating a hazy coating on the windscreen, so I decided not to go for it.

Last edited by SDP : 4th August 2016 at 15:41. Reason: merging posts
perty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 14:41   #10452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First option which you can look after is upgrade your bulbs to Osram Night breaker series or Philips Xtreme power. Its a same wattage as factory bulb(55/60w) but better throw and brightness. No Warranty issues. Costs around Rs 1000.

Other things you can think are

Install projector lights, costs 25k to 50k. no warranty issues.

Install 90/100 bulb using relay. but you might need to remove the setup when going to service, as some dealers might have issues with it regarding warranty. Costs Rs 1500
Old 5th August 2016, 01:37   #10453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Above is correct and dealer will not fit the reverse camera display into the IRVM as its not Ford recommended into the Tit+ versions. I have similar issue and should be taking the delivery of ecopsort Tit+ TDCI by this weekend hopefully (have few personal constraints to take it on Thursday / Friday this week). This is my 5th week of waiting after the booking.

Regarding accessories - I'm taking most of the ones mentioned by you and a lot more. Overall its coming mostly to about 70 to 80 K. I was able to negotiate a 15% off on the overall price.

My recommendations -
1) Ford has only 4 preferred: Bajaj allianz, iffco tokyo, royal sundaram, New India (only Govt one - rest all are private). My dealer has a quote of 45K and moreover its not from Ford Preferred insurers (it was dealership preferred - Bharati Axa).

Get insurance from New India. Take the package policy with zero dip (read below).
http://www.newindia.co.in/Content.aspx?pageid=59

It should come about 25k (saving of 20k or so from dealer quoted price). They give about 60% discount for new cars.

Tip - go to an office in person and they generally don't entertain giving quotes without VIN number (to entertain serious buyers only and note that its a Govt company).

2) Take a pass on the essential kit and get them installed from outside (those are pretty basic and useless). You can get better products that last longer and have good quality.

Most of them say, what can you get into a Tit+ as accessories. Read ownership thread of fellow BHPian (ECOSPORT RULES). This is a gold mine for ecosport owners as you will find ton of accessories, here which you can think of.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...red-india.html

3) Handling charges - yes, it should be a big no. Get it out of the final quote.

4) White looks great with the latest black edition (looks are subjective though)

5) 3M under body coating, 3M paint protection - get these done outside at an official 3M center (not at dealership). They probably would only do a very basic job. Teflon coating at dealership is a joke (you will see it for yourself when they do it). Again, please refer to "Ecosport rules" ownership review for the details.

6) I'm getting a corporate offer of up to 4 years of extended warranty for free (due to me employer - I just had to provide my company ID card/badge).

7) Recommend FORD Total Maintainence Plan - check with SA and also on Ford India website.

Will let you know if I can think of anymore
Yes, you are right regarding the insurance, they are over priced, I checked new India and they provide policy online, there is a difference of 2k between direct from them and coverfox, coverfox offering lower price. Ford says without insurance can't take delivery since vehicle cannot be registered.

I am just doing under chassis protection from 3M, the rates are cheaper than 3M centers.

Waiting for 5 weeks congrats on your new purchase.

I don't know about mine, it's only been 3days since I have booked and SA said I should be getting in 1-2 weeks....
Old 5th August 2016, 10:44   #10454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Yes, you are right regarding the insurance, they are over priced, I checked new India and they provide policy online, there is a difference of 2k between direct from them and coverfox, coverfox offering lower price. Ford says without insurance can't take delivery since vehicle cannot be registered.
True; they won't deliver the car without the cover note.

Also, New India doesn't have an add-on that covers consumables but they do have an engine protector add-on. Basically covers repairs in case of engine damage due to water ingress during flooding etc. Worth the peace of mind for 2k.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:09   #10455
BHPian

Quote:

For problem with headlights, I use fog lights for all difficult driving situations. Much better near range view in terms of spread and brightness. But it gives a false sense of better long range visibility so be a bit careful. Projectors are the other option if you have the $$$ to spare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks