Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 11:36   #10456
BHPian

Re: Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Do try a TD of the diesel EcoSport and see if its power, performance and refinement satisfy you. Its a great engine for the EcoSport.

At the same time, do try nagging the dealers for arranging an EcoBoost TD. Also use Facebook and Twitter to inform Ford India about this issue.

Ideally, I'd like you to test drive both the EcoBoost and diesel, so that you can pick the one that satisfies you the most.
Thank you once again. I drove the 1.5 diesel motored ecosport yesterday and my experience was not very good. The gear shift was very heavy (I literally had to push it with my palm), clutch was heavy, power supply to engine was not at all linear. The motor was very noisy. I am not exaggerating at all. May be this was due to they had given me a TD car which was probably ruined. I am saying so because the owners of diesel ecosport are very happy with refinement and the way it drives.

I immediately went to a Renault showroom and drove the Duster 85 PS and that was so much fun...I mean it was not noisy, steering responsive was nice, handing was brilliant was well (we all know the weaknesses of the duster so not mentioning). I could not believe how it drove like a car in spite of being a larger car than the ecosport. I always like the ecosport, however my experience so far has not been very good. My wife also felt a little claustrophobic at the front seat as she says the dash board is too big to her liking and comes very close, any input..

As per your advise, I will wait for some more time to see if the ecoboost is arranged for a TD or else will probably go for the duster/Creta. A new story has to start I guess for me

BDW just for advise which one do you like overall - The ecosport or the Duster?

Is it advisable to spend almost 14 lacs (3 lac more than the ecoboost) for the top trim with 85 PS under the hood (2WD of course )

Thanks
Soumya
thisissoumya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 14:18   #10457
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Anybody got their 40k service done for the diesel ecosport? What parts do they change apart from the engine oil and filter? Also, how much did it cost you?
Old 5th August 2016, 14:51   #10458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
I drove the 1.5 diesel motored ecosport yesterday and my experience was not very good. The gear shift was very heavy (I literally had to push it with my palm), clutch was heavy, power supply to engine was not at all linear. The motor was very noisy. I am not exaggerating at all. May be this was due to they had given me a TD car which was probably ruined. I am saying so because the owners of diesel ecosport are very happy with refinement and the way it drives.
The diesel has a light clutch, but is sort of springy - meaning when you're releasing the clutch, you can feel the spring tension pushing the pedal up.

The Ford manual gearbox is not a very smooth shifting unit (nothing like Hyundai's, for example), so it takes a bit of getting used to, and can never be called "enjoyable".

Quote:
My wife also felt a little claustrophobic at the front seat as she says the dash board is too big to her liking and comes very close, any input..
Definitely agree - the glove box area has a noticeable projection in the center which feels like it comes close to you. And the center console with the stereo/AC controls also projects out.

In all, it definitely does not feel roomy. The net result is subjective - some people like the nice "cockpit" feeling, others feel claustrophobic.

When I moved from the Getz to the EcoSport, I felt this apparent lack of room a little uncomfortable, then got used to it. Nevertheless, every time I got into the Getz, it would give me an airy feel

Quote:
I always like the ecosport, however my experience so far has not been very good.
I suspect your diesel test drive was in a poorly maintained vehicle. I can try and tell you - give it another shot, etc., but honestly, I cannot understand why the dealers are failing to do their job.

You know, no matter what good qualities the EcoSport has, and no matter what we say, at the end of the day, if the dealers (and indirectly Ford India) cannot offer you a good car for an enjoyable test drive, one that makes you and your family feel "Wow! This is the car we want", then they deserve to lose you as a customer.

You could try one more test drive, after making a complaint that the original TD vehicle wasn't of good quality, and you need a TD in a better maintained vehicle. But then again, you've made noise about test driving the EcoBoost, and its gotten you nowhere :-(

On the other hand, you've had a positive TD experience with the Duster and there's no denying that.

Quote:
BDW just for advise which one do you like overall - The ecosport or the Duster? Is it advisable to spend almost 14 lacs (3 lac more than the ecoboost) for the top trim with 85 PS under the hood (2WD of course )
The Duster is somewhat overpriced, no two ways about it. But then, you get nice masculine looks, and a much larger boot. The 85 ps Duster is definitely a benchmark in driveability, and the Duster has a much more comfortable/mature ride than the EcoSport (which is hard/harsh).

I personally did not consider the Duster because I had no need for such a large boot and didn't want that long a car - but then again, that boot is what made some customers look at the Duster or Creta, because the EcoSport boot is similar to that of a premium hatchback (i20, Jazz, etc.).
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 15:07   #10459
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you once again. I drove the 1.5 diesel motored ecosport yesterday and my experience was not very good.

I immediately went to a Renault showroom and drove the Duster 85 PS and that was so much fun...I mean it was not noisy, steering responsive was nice, handing was brilliant was well

Is it advisable to spend almost 14 lacs (3 lac more than the ecoboost) for the top trim with 85 PS under the hood (2WD of course )

Thanks
Soumya
Do try some other vehicle from any other dealer if possible, i think the td vehicle was not properly maintained. The clutch is very light and short. But the gear box is hard unlike swift/i20s. The engine is noisy but I have seen worse

Duster has a better ride quality than EcoSport, but I think EcoSport handles better. Also I do not know about your area, but in Kolkata the service network of renault isnt up to the mark, only 1 service station that too 20 kms from my house. But Duster is big, masculine, with larger boot and with better torque delivery.

Its a very tough choice between EcoSport and Duster 85PS given the price.

I am not at all talking about the 110ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Anybody got their 40k service done for the diesel ecosport? What parts do they change apart from the engine oil and filter? Also, how much did it cost you?
Isnt there anything mentioned in the manual ? I am not sure thought and do not have the manual right infront of me.

I have done a 20K service last to last week, they have changed ac filter, air filter. I think during 40K service these items will be changed again. Service charge was 4.7K INR.

See the below -

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1249238444844.jpeg
Uprasenjit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 16:43   #10460
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Soumya
Its quite close between Ecosport and Duster 85PS,

Ecosport can get you 6 airbags on the top trim while Duster 85 offers fantastic drivability without lag in city conditions.

IMO Ecosport is the better choice simply because of the depth of engineering it has, in terms of which the Duster is spartan.

Try a TD with another dealer, the TDCi is better than what you have experienced
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 17:16   #10461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
True; they won't deliver the car without the cover note.

Also, New India doesn't have an add-on that covers consumables but they do have an engine protector add-on. Basically covers repairs in case of engine damage due to water ingress during flooding etc. Worth the peace of mind for 2k.

Check out this link:
https://web.newindia.co.in/NIABancsP...tml?product=PC

I didnt find option for engine protector, but i can add additional accessories to the protection list. How did you get your insurance from new india assurance ?
Old 5th August 2016, 19:14   #10462
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you once again. I drove the 1.5 diesel motored ecosport yesterday and my experience was not very good. The gear shift was very heavy (I literally had to push it with my palm), clutch was heavy, power supply to engine was not at all linear. The motor was very noisy. I am not exaggerating at all. May be this was due to they had given me a TD car which was probably ruined. I am saying so because the owners of diesel ecosport are very happy with refinement and the way it drives.

I immediately went to a Renault showroom and drove the Duster 85 PS and that was so much fun...I mean it was not noisy, steering responsive was nice, handing was brilliant was well (we all know the weaknesses of the duster so not mentioning). I could not believe how it drove like a car in spite of being a larger car than the ecosport. I always like the ecosport, however my experience so far has not been very good. My wife also felt a little claustrophobic at the front seat as she says the dash board is too big to her liking and comes very close, any input..

As per your advise, I will wait for some more time to see if the ecoboost is arranged for a TD or else will probably go for the duster/Creta. A new story has to start I guess for me

Thanks
Soumya
I test drove so many vehicles and finally booked ecosport, definitely you got a problematic vehicle, I drove twice and loved the vehicle, gears fell in place, engine noise was there but very minimal, steering adjustment had lot of options and so as seat height adjustment, what I felt lacked was sudden woosh of power in ciaz and other similar turbo cars, but power was linear and was present post 2.8k rpm, all in all best package.

On the other hand duster was a turn off for me, the interiors were very old, I sat in showroom vehicle and was adjusting AC vents and the chrome surrounding came off in my hand, there was rust particles in front door inner area, when asked they didn't have answers, the closing of doors felt like cheap alto quality, however driving dynamics were good but seat cushioning was disappointing, back seats felt like rocks.

In suggest you TD ecosport diesel from another SA and give a try.
johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 19:41   #10463
Senior - BHPian

Just came across news that the Ecosport now comes with dual airbags in all versions. I don't know if this has been shared here before - anyway - good move by Ford!
wilful is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 19:58   #10464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Just came across news that the Ecosport now comes with dual airbags in all versions. I don't know if this has been shared here before - anyway - good move by Ford!
Yes they have, its not only ecosport, its across all their cars
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport.jpg  

junky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 22:23   #10465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Check out this link:
https://web.newindia.co.in/NIABancsP...tml?product=PC

I didnt find option for engine protector, but i can add additional accessories to the protection list. How did you get your insurance from new india assurance ?
I got this done from an agent, friend has all his car policies so got a referral. I'd suggest you find an agent, I bet they'll find a quote even lower than the one you find online.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 09:14   #10466
BHPian

Ecosport moved 4,885 units in July (source: Autopunditz). Looks like the price cut really did wonders for this competent car.
mustang_shelby is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 13:28   #10467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Ecosport moved 4,885 units in July (source: Autopunditz). Looks like the price cut really did wonders for this competent car.
Been a while since the Ecosport has done such numbers. Yes - the price cut and publicity have caught buyers' attention I guess. It is such a decent package at that price point - had it been a Hyundai, it would probaby be selling double of what it sells now.
Old 7th August 2016, 02:26   #10468
BHPian

Hello Friends,
Was checking the FOG lamps on the Ecosport and observed that it has 2 bulbs within the socket. But when switched on, only the top one glows and not the bottom doesn't.

Why so?
What's the purpose of the bottom one?

Need your views on above.
Old 7th August 2016, 07:07   #10469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Hello Friends,
Was checking the FOG lamps on the Ecosport and observed that it has 2 bulbs within the socket. But when switched on, only the top one glows and not the bottom doesn't.

Why so?
What's the purpose of the bottom one?

Need your views on above.
For the newer ecosport one acts as DRL and the other as fog lamp. One of my friends demonstrated on his new car last night. I had never noticed this on mine though.
Old 7th August 2016, 10:07   #10470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Hello Friends,
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
For the newer ecosport one acts as DRL and the other as fog lamp.
DRLs are only on Titanium+ (the top end diesel); which is why eyas337 can see it. What variant does your friend have, niks?

I'll check with my SA if the DRLs can be activated on my Titanium AT.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th August 2016 at 10:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks